Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,761 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread (12848 Views)

Saudi Arabia Declares Wednesday Eid-el-fitr, Says Fasting Continues / Friday Prayers Hold In Bauchi Mosques Despite COVID-19 Spread / Coronavirus: Islamic Way Of Preventing The Spread Of The Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by Mccullum: 10:50am On Oct 11, 2019
true2god:
According to Islam all man is born a muslim so that makes me a muslim. I am a muslim but I dont believe in mohammed as a messenger; I believe in God alone. I dont follow religion blindly but God and I like doing good to my fellow man.

If you're muslim by birth, are you practicing the religion of Islam now? if your answer is no, you're not a muslim.

1 Like

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by isram: 10:54am On Oct 11, 2019
malvisguy212:
how is he off point ? allow freedom to practices other religion in the Arab world and see if Islam can survived
They can never allow freedom, Islam is the only bondage religion in the world, you need to see how they force their children to like it.

Religion that made women slaves

The women dress like ninjas in heat while men can wear whatever they like.

Fools

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by true2god: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2019
Mccullum:
If you're muslim by birth, are you practicing the religion of Islam now? if your answer is no, you're not a muslim.
I am still a muslim but I do not believe in mohammed. Must I believe in mohammed to be a muslim? According to Islam, Abraham, Jesus, Moses, David, etc, were all Muslims but never seen or believed in mohammed. So I must never believe in mohamed to be a muslim.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by Xbee007(m): 11:12am On Oct 11, 2019
BroOptimist:

Alas! You're a Muslim, but Mohammed(PBUH) is not your Prophet , right? Definitely, you're NOT a Muslim in any manner. Do you believe in oneness of Allah? Do you observe 5-time daily prayers? Do you fast during Ramadan? If you do all those above mentioned, who taught you how to do them, if truly you are still a Muslim

My friend, eschew being deceived and bambozzeld. No Islam, no Paradise!
No Jesus straight to hell fire. It's not too late though. Convert to Christianity now and the kingdom of God shall be within your reach.

Remember Jesus loves you and he had died for your sin.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by Xbee007(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2019
tintingz:
I can see a huge dishonesty in the OP article.

Islam was spread through conquest and establishing caliphates in places just like Christians did same. Slave trade also occur, these are historical fact.

There might be some places where it was embraced through conversion(due to some reasons) but denying there were never a conquest is dishonesty!

And as for Islam still growing, this is by rate of birth not by conversion, Muslims have the highest birth rate in the world, the immigrants of Muslims alone in Europe and America are huge.

The OP should get his fact right and stop this dishonesty. It's lame!
Muhammed doesn't encourage the use of birth control. That is why many Muslims birth like rats. In fact, Muhammed was disappointed with one of his followers when he (the follower) said he pulled out mid-ejaculation so he wouldn't impregnate the slave he was having sex with.

Muhammed warned him never to pull out again because "what will be will be." Till today, any birth control measure is seen as haram in Islam.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by sarafta: 11:25am On Oct 11, 2019
Almighty Allah(S.W.A) has created all creatures to worship him only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by Xbee007(m): 11:26am On Oct 11, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Can you define 'uneducated" and explain how Islam targets uneducated people?
Go to most مدرسة (especially boarding) and see how children are being brainwashed 24/7. They read the Quran from morning till night and are taught no skill that will make them a productive member of society. All thanks to Saudi Wahabism.

Boko Haram cannot end because we are already training their replacements. Go up North even South West and see things for yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by Xbee007(m): 11:29am On Oct 11, 2019
Rafiq2:
undecided

To be honest you guys are just proving the ops point about islamaphobia, you just dey attack him left & right.

WHEN some1 hates you or what you do, even smiling at him will irritate him, that's what's going on here, most of the commenters hate the religion with passion, so the op is only wasting his time arguing with them.

On the population issues, only African breed kids like kilode!!, it's really annoying when people keep bringing kids they can't take care of, this kind of attitude is especially common with the lower class citizens in northern Nigeria & black African countries
Not just Africans, Middle Easterners breed like goats too. Osama bin Laden's father had over 50 children.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by Mccullum: 11:54am On Oct 11, 2019
[quote author=true2god post=83038029]I am still a muslim but I do not believe in mohammed. Must I believe in mohammed to be a muslim? According to Islam, Abraham, Jesus, Moses, David, etc, were all Muslims but never seen or believed in Mohammed. So I must never believe in mohamed to be a muslim.[/quo

As a muslim you must believe in the messages of all prophets of God, failure to accept that means you're not muslim.
Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by true2god: 11:56am On Oct 11, 2019
Mccullum:
As a muslim you must believe in the messages of all prophets of God, failure to accept that means you're not muslim.
Where is this written in the quran?

2 Likes

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by sphinx58: 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2019
The most challenging issue Islam is facing today is that as Muslims we allow terrorists to be defining and painting the image of Islam to non Muslims. Our greatest enemies are Boko Haram, ISIS and its affiliates. We must as people condemned all holding extreme views against those of different ideology or religion. There is no compulsion in religion. People are there imposing their understanding of Islam on other Muslims. Any view contrary to theirs is always met with hatred, opposition et Al.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by Mccullum: 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2019
true2god:

In Islam, every prophet preached the same core beliefs, the Oneness of God, worshiping of that one God, avoidance of idolatry and sin, and the belief in the Day of Resurrection or the Day of Judgement and life after death. Prophets and messengers are believed to have been sent by God to different communities during different periods in history.

In Islam there is a tradition of prophetic lineage, particularly with regard to the prophet Abraham (Ibrahim) who had many prophets in his lineage - Jesus (Isa), Zakariyyah, Muhammad, David (Dawud)), etc. - through his sons Ismael and Isaac.

The Qur’an says:

The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah—the which We have sent by inspiration to thee—and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein:...

— Quran, sura 42 (Ash-Shura), ayah 13[23]

The Qur’an is a revelation from the last prophet in the Abrahamic succession, Muhammad, and its contents detail what Muslims refer to as the 'Straight path.[19]' According to Islamic belief, every prophet preached Islam. There is an emphasis on charity, prayer, pilgrimage, worship of the one God, and fasting.[20] The Qur’an itself calls Islam the "religion of Abraham" (Ibrahim)[21] and refers to Jacob (Yaqub) and the Twelve Tribes of Israel as being Muslim.[22]

I WILL NOT RESPOND TO YOUR COMMENT AGAIN AFTER THESE FACTS ABOVE, THANKS
Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by IamBlanco(m): 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2019
you Muslims if you even know what that means, term anyone with reasonable and logical argument against Islam as an islamophobe. but ask yourselves this question: why do we have a phobic word for only one religion out of the numerous religions we have worldwide. that should cause you into deep thinking and question what you've been taught your whole life.

y'all mention crusades, but you forget to mention that the crusades is a reaction to the Muslim conquest of the Jewish holy land of Jerusalem. why would Islam conquer Jerusalem when even mohammed never stepped his foot in that city before.

op you are dishonest and using the taqiyya technique to lie about Islam intentionally.

remember your first three caliphs (the rashiduns) after the death of mohammed were assassinated. the 1400year plus history of Islam is loaded with conquest, carnage, slave trade and death. even the so called flourishing period under the ummayid dynasty was filled with bloodshed.

every where Islam went, conquest and bloodshed went along with it. except Indonesia were traders spread the religion without force.

op please tell us what happened to the Jews large amount of Jews and Christians in Constantinople, Lebanon, turkey, Syria, Iran, Egypt and other African countries.

7 Likes

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by IamBlanco(m): 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
sphinx58:
The most challenging issue Islam is facing today is that as Muslims we allow terrorists to be defining and painting the image of Islam to non Muslims. Our greatest enemies are Boko Haram, ISIS and its affiliates. We must as people condemned all holding extreme views against those of different ideology or religion. There is no compulsion in religion. People are there imposing their understanding of Islam on other Muslims. Any view contrary to theirs is always met with hatred, opposition et Al.

a moderate Muslim will hold ya head while an radical Muslim will cut it off. simple. all of Una na the same. there's nothing Isis is doing now that Mohammed did not do during his life time. name one if you know any.

6 Likes

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by IamBlanco(m): 12:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
Mccullum:

In Islam, every prophet preached the same core beliefs, the Oneness of God, worshiping of that one God, avoidance of idolatry and sin, and the belief in the Day of Resurrection or the Day of Judgement and life after death. Prophets and messengers are believed to have been sent by God to different communities during different periods in history.

In Islam there is a tradition of prophetic lineage, particularly with regard to the prophet Abraham (Ibrahim) who had many prophets in his lineage - Jesus (Isa), Zakariyyah, Muhammad, David (Dawud)), etc. - through his sons Ismael and Isaac.

The Qur’an says:

The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah—the which We have sent by inspiration to thee—and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein:...

The Qur’an is a revelation from the last prophet in the Abrahamic succession, Muhammad, and its contents detail what Muslims refer to as the 'Straight path.[19]' According to Islamic belief, every prophet preached Islam. There is an emphasis on charity, prayer, pilgrimage, worship of the one God, and fasting.[20] The Qur’an itself calls Islam the "religion of Abraham" (Ibrahim)[21] and refers to Jacob (Yaqub) and the Twelve Tribes of Israel as being Muslim.[22]

the later verses of the Quran revealed to mohammed at Medina abrogates the former verses revealed to him while he was at mecca. tell the truth!!! it won't kill you. search for "the Arabian prophet" in YouTube. watch his videos and call in if you wish.

1 Like

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by IamBlanco(m): 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2019
no more hiding under Arabic to tell us we can't understand the Quran. because most of you guys in Nigeria don't even understand Arabic as well. so you dont even understand what you have been made to believe in all your life.

6 Likes

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by true2god: 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2019
Mccullum:
true2god:
Mccullum:

The Qur’an says:

You are yet to provide where it was written, equivocally in the quran, that i must believe in mohammed to be a muslims. You better stop responding if you have no facts to present.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by true2god: 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2019
IamBlanco:

the later verses of the Quran revealed to mohammed at Medina abrogates the former verses revealed to him while he was at mecca. tell the truth!!! it won't kill you. search for "the Arabian prophet" in YouTube. watch his videos and call in if you wish.
Surah 9 of the quran is the last surah, allegedly revealed in Medina while the first surah is surah 96. This makes the organization and arrangement of the quran troubling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by TheExecutioner: 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2019
What about Allah's daughters? Who created them?

sarafta:
Almighty Allah(S.W.A) has created all creatures to worship him only.
Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by DennisEche(m): 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2019
sulasa07:

Jesus's language isn't spoken in his country and residence anymore,the Aramaic bible can't be read by any living Christian,even the language is about to go fully extinct and you still believe you are on the right path.Everything to verify Jesus's existence is no more.
BUT THE QUARAN TALKED OF HIS EXISTENCE OR WAS THE CONCEPT COPIED FROM THE BIBLE? BECAUSE WAS LONG IN EXISTENCE BEFORE ISLAM
Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by DennisEche(m): 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
Due to the fact that this new religion holds all people equal in terms of rights, duties, human value, etc, regardless of their ethnic, social or economic backgrounds, the rich and leading figures in Makkah, fearing lest they would lose their prestige and wealth, stood adamantly in the face of the then nascent Message. They tried to put different kinds of obstacles to hinder the spread of Islam, in feverish attempts to maintain their positions and prevent any sort of threat to their interests.
ISLAM IS ONLY STILL IN EXISTENCE BECAUSE OF THE RESTRICTION AND NO FREEDOM TO CONVERT. APOSTASY
IF ISLAMIC COUNTRIES LIKE SAUDI ARABAI REMOVE THE STRICT LAW ON CONVERTING TO OTHER RELIGION THAT WILL BE THE END OF ISLAM. VEN ON NAIRALAND HERE ONE NEEDS TO SWEAR AN OAT BEFORE COMMENTING ON MUSLIM THREAD BUT EVERY ONE IS FREE TO COMMENT ON CHRISTIAN THREAD, WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU. IT IS SIMPLY A RELIGION OF COMPULSION

2 Likes

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
true2god:
Sorry bro, the growth of Islam in Europe is 90% as a result of hijra, migration, from Muslim countries to non-muslim countries. Between 1970 and 2019, there is over 10000% increase in migration of Muslims from the Arab and South east Asian world to Europe and these migrants come with their culture.

The second and the third generation migrants, in most cases, retain the religion of their ancestors which is Islam. And since life in Europe and American is easier than life in the Muslim world, most Muslim do not have problems maintaining a very large family; the state welfare system (now the modern jizya) will always pay their bills. Hundreds of thousands of muslim Turkish citizens living in Germany do not like to work because the German government will always pay them free money (jizya) every month as welfare.

If you can colllect free money as the best of mankind (the ummah) from the kafir ((the worst of creatures), why won't you migrate to their lands? So the 'growth' has nothing to do with conversation, though a very very insignificant number of natives do convert and most later leave, but it all has to do with Muslim migration to non-muslim lands where there is religious freedom (no religious freedom in many Muslim lands).

I heard the current PM in Britain has Turkish roots.Is that true
Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by true2god: 2:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
danjumakolo:
I heard the current PM in Britain has Turkish roots.Is that true
I can't really say if it is true or not but personally I don't think so. It is easier for a Turkish to be the Chancellor (Prime minister) of Germany than to be a mayor in Britain.

1 Like

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by NOL2dworld(m): 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2019
Blakjewelry:
all religion must start somewhere, grow, blossom and then wither

China phone plenty for market, that doesn't make it the best phone..
Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by NOL2dworld(m): 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
BroOptimist:

Alas! You're a Muslim, but Mohammed(PBUH) is not your Prophet , right? Definitely, you're NOT a Muslim in any manner. Do you believe in oneness of Allah? Do you observe 5-time daily prayers? Do you fast during Ramadan? If you do all those above mentioned, who taught you how to do them, if truly you are still a Muslim

My friend, eschew being deceived and bambozzeld. No Islam, no Paradise!

So, how will Islam lead u to Paradise?...

It so unfortunate u beleive in the worst prophet that ever live...

I will give u fact..

A prophet that was tired of life and wanted to commit suicide occasionally.. Go check your hadith.. Ibn Ishaq 106, Sahih Bukhari 6982..

A prophet that ordered his followers to execute anyone who leaves his religion... Sahih Bukhari 6878, 6922

A prophet that rob people to support is religion.. Sahih Bukhari 5:59:541, 4:53:351
Sanan ibn Ishaq 309
Sanan ibn Ishaq 312-313

He tortured Kinana for his treasure Sunan ibn Ishaq 515

A prophet that advise u to beat up your wife.. Quran 4:34..

I can go on and on about the worst life of Muhammad with fact and prove..

My whole generation was a Muslim.. thank God we now see the light..

2 Likes

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:27pm On Oct 11, 2019
Xbee007:

[b]Go to most مدرسة (especially boarding) and see how children are being brainwashed 24/[/b]7. They read the Quran from morning till night and are taught no skill that will make them a productive member of society. All thanks to Saudi Wahabism.

Boko Haram cannot end because we are already training their replacements. Go up North even South West and see things for yourself.

Mention the names of the مدرسة (especially boarding) that kids are being brainwashed 24/7. You said most this means like 70% upwards.

Mention the South-west states you are talking about.

Evidences that can be confirmed.
Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
malvisguy212:
how is he off point ? allow freedom to practices other religion in the Arab world and see if Islam can survived

That can't happen. You want us to be like you Christians with no country/State? grin

We follow Islamic law till death.
Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by true2god: 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

That can't happen. You want us to be like you Christians with no country/State? grin

We follow Islamic law till death.
Have you heard of 'Lawrence of Arabia'? FYI, all the current Muslim countries and the entire Arab world was created by the Christian west. No single modern Arab nation that was not created by the Christian west, including your Saudi Arabia. The British installed the current Royal family , the Al-saud family, ruling Saudi Arabia. Before 1900, no country that is called Saudi Arabia.

Thank God that you have also confessed that the Arabs will never allow religious freedom. Do you still think that Islam is the religion of peace? Will Muslims still condemn China for giving them a small dose of their own medicine?
Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by sulasa07(m): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2019
DennisEche:

BUT THE QUARAN TALKED OF HIS EXISTENCE OR WAS THE CONCEPT COPIED FROM THE BIBLE? BECAUSE WAS LONG IN EXISTENCE BEFORE ISLAM
Quran talked about it to prove it doesn't exist anymore,ALLAH did not preserve all other Prophets idea,why?Coz its only for their time but Muhammad is the last and it has to be preserved forever.
You people always claim Quran copied the bible but how come the ideas in the two books are two way different things.

1 Like

Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by DennisEche(m): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2019
sulasa07:

Quran talked about it to prove it doesn't exist anymore,ALLAH did not preserve all other Prophets idea,why?Coz its only for their time but Muhammad is the last and it has to be preserved forever.
You people always claim Quran copied the bible but how come the ideas in the two books are two way different things.
BUT IT EXISTED, THE NAME OF JESUS THEY SAID WAS MENSTIONED IN THE QURAN THAN THE NAME OF MOHD
Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by sulasa07(m): 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2019
DennisEche:

BUT IT EXISTED, THE NAME OF JESUS THEY SAID WAS MENSTIONED IN THE QURAN THAN THE NAME OF MOHD
Idiot,is it the claim of Jesus being mentioned 32 or 42 times,while Muhammad was mentioned 4 times?Now I believe 99% Christians know nothing,they just go online,copy and paste whatever they see without checking if it's it's true or not,what they care about is just to score points
Re: Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread by NOL2dworld(m): 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Islamophobic and jargon as usual...Not surprised though.

It still wonder why the truth hurt you people...

Lies, deceit and hypocritical nature of Islam. Islam is the religion that as rules for almost everything but zero respect for the sanctity of life... Sad..

What touch me mostly is the fact that 90% of muslims know a little about the life of Muhammad and his violent ways..

They only listen to their uneducated Iman teachings and believe everything he says.. You people need to do research about the prophet and compare..

I am never surprised anytime Muslims act violently, Muhammad did worst.. (I will give U prove)..

Let go to the foundational source of Islam.. Muhammad!!! We all know he founded Islam.. I will share alittle about his life to U...

1. Did U know when he was alive, he was tired of life and wanted to commit suicide occasionally.. Ibn Ishaq 106, Sahih Bukhari 6982.

2. He assassinated people for criticizing his religion... Ibn Ishaq 675-676

3. He ordered his followers to execute anyone who leave his religion.. Sahih Bukhari 6878, 6922

4. He command Muslims to beat up their wives... Quran 4.34

5. He allowed his followers to raoe their female slaves Quran 70.22-30, Quran 23:5-6

6. He rob people to support his religion.. Sahih Bukhari 5:59:541, Sahih Bukhari 4:53:351

Sanan Ibn Ishaq 309, Sanan ibn Ishaq 312-313

Tortured Kinana for his treasure Sunan Ibn Ishaq 515

7. The funniest one, your Muhammad pee like a girl, he claim U will go to hell if u stand up to pee.. Sahih al-tirmidhi no 11.

I can go on and on..

Obviously, did not write all this hadith and Quran verses is there for U too to learn.. Funny, alot still turn blind eyes to this fact.. And, for your information even if Islam is the most populous religion due to the fact that alot are scared to leave, forced to join and most Muslim countries doesnt give room to other religion the way other religion did.. Its still not the best.. Alot of china phone plenty for market, that doesn't make it the best.

If the founder of Islam can be this heartless and sadistic.. Islam is a waste of time..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

16th Century Ottoman Ad For An Imam Vacancy / Prophetic Ways To Protect Your Children From Evils / Why It Is Not Islamic for a Muslim Woman to Change Her Surname After Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.