Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. (47442 Views)

Dino Melaye Arrested By The Police During A Protest 7 Years Ago (Throwback Photo / Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy / PDP Leaders Attacked By Police During Osun Election Protest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by TmKonzept: 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2019
Below is the trending picture of seasoned human right activist and Publisher of Saharareporters, who is also the presidential candidate of the African Action Congress in the Nigeria 2019 General Election, Omoyele Sowore who has been held in detention since 50 days ago and recently charged for what is described laughable by pundits and CSOs. The picture which emerged from a page of an old Amnesty International Publication shows Sowore being beaten by men of the Nigeria Police force during a protest against Abacha’s junta.

https://tmkonzept.com/throwback-picture-of-omoyele-sowore-being-beaten-by-police-during-military-era/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by DonBenny77(m): 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2019
Ok grin
Live your dream

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by pacino26(m): 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2019
Not minding him been part of the problem we're facing today, I respect this young man. He is the definition of an ACTIVIST

My prayers are that the youths awake some day soon and save this country of whatever is left of it.

257 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by seunmsg(m): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2019
A thoroughbred fighter. I Stan Sowore any day.

216 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Oluwasaeon(m): 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2019
Born fighter

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by T9ksy(m): 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2019
A true consistent and dogged activist!!!

'nuff respect, sir.

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Ceoking6: 3:27pm On Sep 25, 2019
If their is any man that can truly boast of fighting for Nigeria its sowore and yes he deserves to ask for presidency as a right sef for all he has done for this country.

Today nicompos who live only on social media are the ones asking for a so called forgiveness which he owes no one.

The likes of atiefku that has become god to some people didn't do half as sowore during military era and supported buhari more than anyone yet he is a Darling to the misguided

153 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Tomide007: 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2019
And some guys were asking why I called him a hero of democracy?

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by haaryobhami: 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2019
history would remember him for all what he has done for Nigeria democracy.he was injected with lead poison during abacha tenure ND left to die but still survived.
men like sowore are real heroes

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by meccuno: 4:42pm On Sep 25, 2019
So after the beatings to the head,he didn't have enough sense to know that Buhari is not more intelligent than an owl. He should remain in detention abeg !

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by tillaman(m): 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2019
Lol, so no be today baba don dey chop am
I know this man is going to lead soon, but it will be the story of another regular politician so even if you lead we ain’t expecting anything positive from you

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by helinues: 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2019
Head Wey go chop conk, even if it wears an helmet, him go still remove am and chop

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by CAPSLOCKED: 10:35pm On Sep 25, 2019
meccuno:
So after the beatings to the head,he didn't have enough sense to know that Buhari is not more intelligent than an owl.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by ursullalinda(f): 10:40pm On Sep 25, 2019
No be 2day the guy begin suffer , well they are only making him popular

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by OruExpress: 10:41pm On Sep 25, 2019
and once he became successful, he used his success to promote and hoist Buhari, a brutal military dictator, onto the people because 'his brother' would be vice president. He spend countless days attacking the enemies of Buhari, and stoking anti-Igbo sentiments with articles and insults. He even dedicated his last months of freedom to trying to demean Nnamdi Kanu who is fighting the same cause as him. And when he went to prison, the only person that supported him was this same Nnamdi Kanu.

He's on record saying Goodluck Jonathan is 'the worst Nigerian president ever' while knowing it's not true. If not for the unprecedented level of professionalism, transparency, and press freedom under Jonathan, he would still be a nobody because nobody benefited more from it than Sahara Reporters and Sowore.

It was sad to see Sahara Reports become an agency for protecting and promoting the destruction, ethnic witch hunting and oppression of Nigerian people because of ethnic sentiment. All of the current attempts to sanctify him only make me remember his efforts to sanctify Buhari.

12 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by OruExpress: 10:45pm On Sep 25, 2019
I would also like to add that there's a public video on youtube of sowore being thrown out of an APC function. If not for this (personal) insult, do you believe he would be a 'freedom fighter' against the same government he risked life and limb to sanctify?

Sowore has proven to history that he is a bigoted, self serving humanbeing that is fighting for his bruised ego, and not 'the people'. When he had a chance to fight for people, he chose Tinubu.

9 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by RiyadhGoddess(f): 9:10am On Sep 26, 2019
Waooooh ittaff tey ooo
Read my signature

#Prayer I approve abundance in my business. I approve fruitfulness in my family. Matt 16:18-19
Good Morning FAM.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by barclayb(m): 9:10am On Sep 26, 2019
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Asowebdesign: 9:10am On Sep 26, 2019
This guy has really given a lot to Nigeria

This could have been me, but my wings were clipped in UNN

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 26, 2019
The person being beaten is not Sowore.

Read the caption properly. More accurately, read the CAPTIONS properly. The first one is describing the photo above while the second one describes a photo on the opposite page which is not shown in this picture.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:11am On Sep 26, 2019
The boy is used to it already.
See kondo olopa on his head and koboko on his back!
Poor boy!
He's even ready to give his life.
All the best Yele.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 26, 2019
Ok
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Hezzyluv: 9:11am On Sep 26, 2019
[b]Him been no dey hear word since from small[/]
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by iamJ(m): 9:11am On Sep 26, 2019
U want to make him a hero

Una try

Continue with the narrative

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Sirmuel1(m): 9:11am On Sep 26, 2019
See better beating. E don tey this Guy oh cheesy
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Offpoint: 9:13am On Sep 26, 2019
Good to know, still doesn't change the fact that Buhari won't let him go until 2023.

Anyways, he always contributed to the food served to the beast and now the beast is fully grown.... guess who's in the belly of the best?

HE Is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Declares Monday Work-Free For The Armed Forces In Honour Of Late COAS / Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery / The Moment Buhari And Wife Arrived Polling Unit To Vote (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.