Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,261 members, 7,822,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. (47448 Views)

Dino Melaye Arrested By The Police During A Protest 7 Years Ago (Throwback Photo / Smart Adeyemi: Military Era Better Than Nigeria’s Current Democracy / PDP Leaders Attacked By Police During Osun Election Protest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by meccuno: 10:05am On Sep 26, 2019
mikeljims:

To be honest I felt like cursing out on you; but then I thought..why set fire on someone already in hell? So yeah..enjoy your day brother �
grin
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by nams77: 10:05am On Sep 26, 2019
koonbey:
The person being beaten is not Sowore.

Read the caption properly. More accurately, read the CAPTIONS properly. The first one is describing the photo above while the second one describes a photo on the opposite page which is not shown in this picture.
God bless you! I didnt see the caption though but i looked at the side angle of his head and face.
That's definitely not sowore

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Kayharry(m): 10:07am On Sep 26, 2019
koonbey:

Read the caption properly. More accurately, read the CAPTIONS properly. The first one is describing the photo above while the second one describes a photo on the opposite page which is not shown in this picture.
but it mentioned former student leader and torture survivor omoyele sowore .

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by meccuno: 10:07am On Sep 26, 2019
isthatso:

This long epistle because you and fellow Nigerian youths are braindead!!! Even if you dont like Buhari, the enemy of your enemy is your friend!!!
point of correction. I don't hate Buhari. I just feel he is incompetent. Sowore should face the music. He brought the devil in.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by anEye4anEye: 10:10am On Sep 26, 2019
grin grin grin

They will kill this boy/man o . It’s been long that he don Dey receive beating grin
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by saajus: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2019
Men, no b today. The only mistake Sowore & his Cohorts made was that, they left the scene after we got the Democracy. They did not manage the transition properly. Tinubu and Co that our present indomie generation are counting as fathers of Democracy were hiding overseas when Abacha was tormenting people.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by PeaceGord: 10:16am On Sep 26, 2019
koonbey:

My learned friend.

Thanks for thinking clearly.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 26, 2019
meccuno:
point of correction. I don't hate Buhari. I just feel he is incompetent. Sowore should face the music. He brought the devil in.

like I said the problem with the youth is that they are brain dead. You say you dont hate Buhari then you call him the devil. Do you love devils? Get a brain!!!!

If Sowore supported Buhari and is now against him, that means he has realised his error. You are fighting Sowore and fighting Buhari...how do you win? The enemy of your enemy is your friend, start thinking strategically!!!!

Sowore has American residency, Buhari is his way out, neither of them are poor. You are the one who has a lot to lose or gain...start thinking right!!!!
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by cicero(m): 10:22am On Sep 26, 2019
That is not sowore
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by webizone(m): 10:27am On Sep 26, 2019
Ceoking6:
If their is any man that can truly boast of fighting for Nigeria its sowore and yes he deserves to ask for presidency as a right sef for all he has done for this country.

Today nicompos who live only on social media are the ones asking for a so called forgiveness which he owes no one.

The likes of atiefku that has become god to some people didn't do half as sowore during military era and supported buhari more than anyone yet he is a Darling to the misguided
Let me clear you. Those who supported Atiku wouldn't support him if not for Buhari. We just need to get him out of the seat so that there is a clear electoral process. Open your mind. There were good candidates with better ideas than Sowore but none were voted on. Besides, Sowore campaigned for Buhari, so his chances became slimmer as a result.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by GEEBITE: 10:27am On Sep 26, 2019
Yele at almost 50 is a boy to you failed BBQ roaster who has never stepped outside the shores of this country. SMH
post=82575807:
The boy is used to it already.
See kondo olopa on his head and koboko on his back!
Poor boy!
He's even ready to give his life.
All the best Yele.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by NiRfreak(m): 10:29am On Sep 26, 2019
OruExpress:
and once he became successful, he used his success to promote and hoist Buhari, a brutal military dictator, onto the people because 'his brother' would be vice president. He spend countless days attacking the enemies of Buhari, and stoking anti-Igbo sentiments with articles and insults. He even dedicated his last months of freedom to trying to demean Nnamdi Kanu who is fighting the same cause as him. And when he went to prison, the only person that supported him was this same Nnamdi Kanu.

He's on record saying Goodluck Jonathan is 'the worst Nigerian president ever' while knowing it's not true. If not for the unprecedented level of professionalism, transparency, and press freedom under Jonathan, he would still be a nobody because nobody benefited more from it than Sahara Reporters and Sowore.

It was sad to see Sahara Reports become an agency for protecting and promoting the destruction, ethnic witch hunting and oppression of Nigerian people because of ethnic sentiment. All of the current attempts to sanctify him only make me remember his efforts to sanctify Buhari.

You are a monumental fool actually. Even though u don't know.
The whole world was against Jonathan...The U.S, Britain, France, PDP caucus, Ameachi, the whole of the masses even his hometown governor in Bayelsa, because he really messed up in an unforgivable manner...Why crucifying Sowore for what everyone did?
All you amnesic fools and fowls saying Sowore foisted Buhari, he dint, he only investigated the deep corruption in Jonathan's regime and spill it to the world as a true journalist, APC only took advantage of the information.
But foolish idiotic tribal goat like you all will be happy over a man who has stood for justice all his life...who was bold to face all tyrants and clueless leaders of our time.
It shall not be well with you all.....You shall die in your abject suffering cos Sowore is already made, a U.S citizens for that matter who is just here to better your life..but u all reject him cos of us idiotic ethnic sentiment that will end in suffering.. ko ni da fun gbogbo yin...eyin oloshi wonyi.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by NiRfreak(m): 10:31am On Sep 26, 2019
webizone:

Let me clear you. Those who supported Atiku wouldn't support him if not for Buhari. We just need to get him out of the seat so that there is a clear electoral process. Open your mind. There were good candidates with better ideas than Sowore but none were voted on. Besides, Sowore campaigned for Buhari, so his chances became slimmer as a result.

God will punish all u idiotic goats saying he campaigned for Buhari...when was that..where? Eyin oloriburuku EDA wonyi.

A president candidate campaigning for another candidate? ....in 2015, he only stuck to his professional ethic of revealing the rot and corruption in Jonathan's regime..is that a bad thing to do...Aiye yin ma baje ni...eyin eranko oloshi wonyi

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by meccuno: 10:33am On Sep 26, 2019
isthatso:

like I said the problem with the youth is that they are brain dead. You say you dont hate Buhari then you call him the devil. Do you love devils? Get a brain!!!!

If Sowore supported Buhari and is now against him, that means he has realised his error. You are fighting Sowore and fighting Buhari...how do you win? The enemy of your enemy is your friend, start thinking strategically!!!!

Sowore has American residency, Buhari is his way out, neither of them are poor. You are the one who has a lot to lose or gain...start thinking right!!!!
you very foolish. And I mean very foolish. You dumb fvcks were warned about the man called Buhari but you chose to be stupid intentionally. I owe no one any apology whatsoever. How is it my business that your saviour is incarcerated? Was he not warned. You have been telling about being brain dead.what has your Einstein brain that is smart and intelligent done for you? You come here calling names but sit the fvck down in your comfort zone calling for people to come and fight for the shiit you ignorant imbeciles caused. He has a passport with Visa so fvck what? He is rich so fvck what? You don't know me and you can't come here and be assuming rubbish. When he went to BET which I watched insulting a sitting president on American t v he didn't know who he was fighting for would lock him up? Please I have had it with dvmb fvcks like you. If you want to protest why don't you go ahead. Are you not a youth? Please don't be unfortunate.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Softwhales(m): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2019
cheesy it's working appeal to pity
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by pacino26(m): 10:37am On Sep 26, 2019
Bellotelli:

Sowore has never been part of the problems. He is fighting the same bad governance now just as he has done before. Both Jonathan nd Buhari are incompetent.

A leader is never perfect but is completely different from a dictator. GEJ was a leader. Been meek is never weakness.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by serikigoro: 10:44am On Sep 26, 2019
Why are some unguided people blaming Sowore for Buhari's emergence. That's plain stupid! For those who don't know history please learn! Sowere has NEVER EVER supported any government in power. He can work against your opponent while you reap the benefit but he has never supported any government . He was against Obasanjo's government just that the internet was not this deployed everywhere. He was the one that single handedly sank the Yar'adua government. When other media houses were censoring news on Yar aduas health. Sowere's Saharareporters were the ones who broke the news that Yar'adua was in a vegetative state and continued to release damning reports of then cabals activities. The beneficiary of all that activity was Good luck Jonathan. Soon as he saw Jonathan was not any better or serious, He criticised him as well. Buhari came in, as soon as he saw Buhari wasnt any better he criticised him too. When Buhari is gone and if Sowere is not president after he will criticise the next person. He is nobody's ally . He is Sowere. Quit being bitter that he didn't support Jonathan, it is not his way. He doesn't support any one in power. So please learn history, it was not about Jonathan. That is who Sowere is. He is a born rebel. Look else where for support.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by TruthHurts100: 10:47am On Sep 26, 2019
TmKonzept:
Below is the trending picture of seasoned human right activist and Publisher of Saharareporters, who is also the presidential candidate of the African Action Congress in the Nigeria 2019 General Election, Omoyele Sowore who has been held in detention since 50 days ago and recently charged for what is described laughable by pundits and CSOs. The picture which emerged from a page of an old Amnesty International Publication shows Sowore being beaten by men of the Nigeria Police force during a protest against Abacha’s junta.

https://tmkonzept.com/throwback-picture-of-omoyele-sowore-being-beaten-by-police-during-military-era/

This guy has come a long way ooo
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Osemawe4life: 10:47am On Sep 26, 2019
Am very proud of Sowore, he is a true son of Ondo ,activism run in their blood God bless Sowore, Faseun ,Fawehinmi Gani Adams and the rest True sons of Ondo and God bless Nigeria.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by serikigoro: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2019
meccuno:
you very foolish. And I mean very foolish. You dumb fvcks were warned about the man called Buhari but you chose to be stupid intentionally. I owe no one any apology whatsoever. How is it my business that your saviour is incarcerated? Was he not warned. You have been telling about being brain dead.what has your Einstein brain that is smart and intelligent done for you? You come here calling names but sit the fvck down in your comfort zone calling for people to come and fight for the shiit you ignorant imbeciles caused. He has a passport with Visa so fvck what? He is rich so fvck what? You don't know me and you can't come here and be assuming rubbish. When he went to BET which I watched insulting a sitting president on American t v he didn't know who he was fighting for would lock him up? Please I have had it with dvmb fvcks like you. If you want to protest why don't you go ahead. Are you not a youth? Please don't be unfortunate.

You are making no sense sir! You warned us about Buhari! so ? we should have stuck to A failed Jonathan right for the fear of Buhari failing? where is the sense in that? I respect people like Sowere a million times more than people like you. Jonathan was no good. We tried him already for 6 and a half years. Our only viable challenger was Buhari and APC then ,we went for him. Buhari turns out to be no good too, we agree and dumped support for him. How are we not better than you who's only concern is that your incompetent Jonathan was flushed out of power?

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Osemawe4life: 10:52am On Sep 26, 2019
Am very proud of Sowore, he is a true son of Ondo ,activism run in their blood God bless Sowore, Faseun ,Fawehinmi ,[quote][/quote]Gani Adams and the rest True sons of Ondo and God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by opportunes: 10:53am On Sep 26, 2019
Boldness
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 26, 2019
meccuno:

what makes you think I voted for Buhari? Your hatred is consuming your ability to think. This is not about Buhari but about a man sacrificing himself for a better Nigeria and moronic youths behaving like retards, more importantly it's about your future. Somebody mentioned fela and Gani. The truth is Sowore is fighting a lost cause because the country is full of people like you.

Buhari was right on 1 thing when he said our youths are lazy!!! .....mentally lazy!!!

if you are not ready to go out and fight and someone is willing to the very least you can do is support him.

A country of morons is GUARANTEED to always produce bad leaders!!!

mor0n: noun
Informal. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment:

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by webizone(m): 11:01am On Sep 26, 2019
NiRfreak:

God will punish all u idiotic goats saying he campaigned for Buhari...when was that..where? Eyin oloriburuku EDA wonyi.

A president candidate campaigning for another candidate? ....in 2015, he only stuck to his professional ethic of revealing the rot and corruption in Jonathan's regime..is that a bad thing to do...Aiye yin ma baje ni...eyin eranko oloshi wonyi
Any curse na back to sender. We are just trying to have a clear conversation, aren't we? You nko that said people made Atiku their god, do you not agree with all I said before the last line?
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by derecho(m): 11:02am On Sep 26, 2019
Just wondering... How can someone's shirt be this clean with the "beating" and manhandling... By police o
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Minjim: 11:05am On Sep 26, 2019
Some fools now said he's protest cos he lost election.

I don't know what's wrong with the children of hatred in this country. While some of us are struggling and fighting for a better Nigeria, all they want is the old order
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 26, 2019
Tomide007:
And some guys were asking why I called him a hero of democracy?

Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by Minjim: 11:09am On Sep 26, 2019
Osemawe4life:
Am very proud of Sowore, he is a true son of Ondo ,activism run in their blood God bless Sowore, Faseun ,Fawehinmi , Gani Adams and the rest True sons of Ondo and God bless Nigeria.

Hey! Please, don't spoil the flow.
Gani Adams is not an activist. He's a bigot and tout. His faction of Oduduwa was (and still) violent and fetish.
Don't put him Fawehinmi and Sowore in same sentence that portrays activism
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by solasalako(m): 11:14am On Sep 26, 2019
God bless you my brother... Nigerians especially youths are the no1 problem and enemy of Nigeria.. They can't have the patience to read and digest a simple paragraph.

Minjim:

Hey! Please, don't spoil the flow.
Gani Adams is not an activist. He's a bigot and tout. His faction of Oduduwa was (and still) violent and fetish.
Don't put him Fawehinmi and Sowore in same sentence that portrays activism
koonbey:
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by solasalako(m): 11:15am On Sep 26, 2019
[God bless you my brother... Nigerians especially youths are the no1 problem and enemy of Nigeria.. They can't have the patience to read and digest a simple paragraph.
author=koonbey post=82575799]The person being beaten is not Sowore.

Read the caption properly. More accurately, read the CAPTIONS properly. The first one is describing the photo above while the second one describes a photo on the opposite page which is not shown in this picture. [/quote]
Re: Omoyele Sowore Being Beaten By Police During Military Era. by TEYA: 11:19am On Sep 26, 2019
OruExpress:
and once he became successful, he used his success to promote and hoist Buhari, a brutal military dictator, onto the people because 'his brother' would be vice president. He spend countless days attacking the enemies of Buhari, and stoking anti-Igbo sentiments with articles and insults. He even dedicated his last months of freedom to trying to demean Nnamdi Kanu who is fighting the same cause as him. And when he went to prison, the only person that supported him was this same Nnamdi Kanu.

He's on record saying Goodluck Jonathan is 'the worst Nigerian president ever' while knowing it's not true. If not for the unprecedented level of professionalism, transparency, and press freedom under Jonathan, he would still be a nobody because nobody benefited more from it than Sahara Reporters and Sowore.

It was sad to see Sahara Reports become an agency for protecting and promoting the destruction, ethnic witch hunting and oppression of Nigerian people because of ethnic sentiment. All of the current attempts to sanctify him only make me remember his efforts to sanctify Buhari.
When will you guy get tired of being stupid? Sowore criticised Babangida, Abacha, criticised the cabal that lied to us about yaradua's health. He criticised GEJ for his incompetence (and yes, he was an incompetent drunkard) and today criticised Buhari for being dumb. He is not the type of guy that will keep quiet to incompetence just because he once supported you. You guys are simply annoying. There is no difference between you GEJ die hard supporters and Buhari's zombies. All of you are mad! It is your madness that these corrupt leaders survive on.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pity Us — Soldiers Cry Out After Being Celibate For Over A Year (Photos, Video) / Nigerians Hold Vigil In Front Of Abuja House, London, Chant "Buhari Go Home" / Femi Fani-kayode Meets Jonathan In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.