Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Do You Regret Your 2:2 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Regret Your 2:2 (20915 Views)

I Regret Going To The University / Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Ajibade123(m): 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
See 7 reasons you need to have a good GPA as a student
https://explicitsuccess.com/what-is-a-good-gpa-for-university/
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Olhomes: 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2019
Thank you all for your advice!

I appreciate it!
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
Who 2:2 help. My IQ is high enough to give me a Phd in any field, so why waste energy trying to get a first class which anybody with an IQ of 110(1 in 3) is capable of getting?
If not for lack of arousal due to depression, I could have gotten nothing less than a 5.00 cgpa.
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by blessednigga(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
Darkseid:
Did you study physics or do you think I'm talking about secondary school physics here?
physics is just a part of what I am doing... Physics isn't hard the way you're portraying it talkless of a Nigerian system of past questions repetition and all.
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by JahBwoy: 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
francisgodstime:
ok which IT skill can i learn? Nd mind u am a political science graduate
bro if you are a little bit good/average with numbers i'd advice you to go for data analysis with excel for a start and business presentation with powerpoint. if you can be intermediate with these skills you can easily get an entry level data/business/quality analyst role.

IT support roles are also springing up everyday. if you have a pc google up how you can setup virtual machines and learn active directory and windows server... if you can get a little idea of how they work alongside basic computer setup. you will easily land an IT support role... graphics design is not bad also..

PS I did not mention coding cos.. coding is not hard ooo but getting a job will entail that you get a little solid background.

Youtube is your biggest friend bro...

What aspect of IT interests you naturally??

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by blessednigga(m): 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
Squillaci:
Who 2:2 help. My IQ is high enough to give me a Phd in any field, so why waste energy trying to get a first class which anybody with an IQ of 110(1 in 3) is capable of getting?
If not for lack of arousal due to depression, I could have gotten nothing less than a 5.00 cgpa.
easier said..
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
blessednigga:
easier said..
I think my major bottleneck is lack of arousal. I have issues paying attention to things that don't excite me.
All of these courses require little intelligence with loads of hardwork and shit, and I don't get intellectual stimulation from such courses. I just wish I developed a passion when I was little, when I was still impressionable and stupid.
I think what drives most people to success is passion, or for those that didn't get their desired course, the ability to easily develop passion for their course of study.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Darkseid(m): 2:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
blessednigga:
physics is just a part of what I am doing... Physics isn't hard the way you're portraying it talkless of a Nigerian system of past questions repetition and all.
No go talk this kind thing outside. Why not try and search about the hardest university degrees and see what you'll find. The fact that you did Physics 101 or Physics 2** doesn't mean you went close to physics.
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Atticusxsz(m): 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
Darkseid:
Getting 2:2 in my Industrial Physics is almost as difficult as getting first class in other courses. I never let it bother me for a day because while it's a great course, I saw it as a waste of time studying it in Nigeria. All we did was cram long materials, equations, formulas and copy notes; no practicals, even the lecturers didn't understand what they were teaching us.
While schooling I acquired some other skills in electronics design and repairs, phone repairs, computer repairs, programming and others.
Today I run my own business in those skills that I acquired, infact the last time I saw my certificate was two months after NYSC service last year.

"Even the lecturers didn't even understand what they were teaching us". These one got me cracking... Lol �
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
JahBwoy:

bro if you are a little bit good/average with numbers i'd advice you to go for data analysis with excel for a start and business presentation with powerpoint. if you can be intermediate with these skills you can easily get an entry level data/business/quality analyst role.

IT support roles are also springing up everyday. if you have a pc google up how you can setup virtual machines and learn active directory and windows server... if you can get a little idea of how they work alongside basic computer setup. you will easily land an IT support role... graphics design is not bad also..

PS I did not mention coding cos.. coding is not hard ooo but getting a job will entail that you get a little solid background.

Youtube is your biggest friend bro...

What aspect of IT interests you naturally??
i would luv to go for data analysis n d business presentation with power point
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
kelvyn7:
Never, it doesn't matter.
Just learn an IT skill.

IT is the way to go

I am a developer and I am a happy man smiley

My advice to someone without a job out there, go and learn an IT skill now... in a few years you will thank your God you did.
do u mean web developer, cos am confuse with to choose btw data analysis nd web developing
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Liverpoolfc(m): 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
TissuePaper:
Lol even 2.2 grads are complaining, that means 3rd class grads should start committing suicide na ...no hope for those ones
Some even have pass while some are even with affidavit
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Ezeadi83(m): 3:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
Olhomes:
I'm a current undergraduate here in Nigeria, but almost a month from my final exams.
There's no magic that can make me achieve a 2:1 no matter what my grades are in this final exams.

To be honest, it hurts me a bit whenever I remember my GPA knowing that I could have done better.

I'm really curious,
Graduates in the house who graduated with 2:2, are there points where you feel like you actually regretted your GPA?
Don't forget that the president of Nigeria is ruling the country with affidavit. grin
Olhomes:
I'm a current undergraduate here in Nigeria, but almost a month from my final exams.
There's no magic that can make me achieve a 2:1 no matter what my grades are in this final exams.

To be honest, it hurts me a bit whenever I remember my GPA knowing that I could have done better.

I'm really curious,
Graduates in the house who graduated with 2:2, are there points where you feel like you actually regretted your GPA?
Don't forget that the president of Nigeria is ruling the country with affidavit. Don't look down on yourself because of paper qualification. All you need now is to graduate from that school to avoid further waste of scarce resources. Even graduating with pass doesn't prevent you from holding any position in the country, except you are one of those who believe that life is about getting a JOB.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by blessednigga(m): 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
Darkseid:
No go talk this kind thing outside. Why not try and search about the hardest university degrees and see what you'll find. The fact that you did Physics 101 or Physics 2** doesn't mean you went close to physics.
so it's because of phy3xy and phy4xy that made having 2.2 in the course almost requiring same effort as having 1.1 in other courses...

Post your hardest course outline here let's see if it will rocket science
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Iykenuwa(m): 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2019
Get God on your side and you have absolutely nothing to worry about: MY STORY

Matthew 6:33
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by paullo20: 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
Please if possible push for your 2:1. There are some job opportunities that are only meant for not less than 2:1 candidates.
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by abiodune171: 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2019
The stories behind how I graduated will never make me to regret my class of degree (2:2)....

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
TissuePaper:
Lol even 2.2 grads are complaining, that means 3rd class grads should start committing suicide na ...no hope for those ones

I don't know how I'd see this. J. Dahmer. I don dey fear sef. Because like this na 2.2 I dey Grad with.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Juliearth(f): 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
Blankstare:

Pls what's CNPP about?

Cisco Certified Network Professional
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by JahBwoy: 4:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
francisgodstime:
i would luv to go for data analysis n d business presentation with power point

yeah. not too hard to grab. Just start learning. there are nice tutorials out there that will guide you through.. just hit youtube..

and mention this guy https://www.nairaland.com/ejiod
he has some links to give you if you want to start learning excel. someting that can take you to intermediate within 2 months
hope you have a pc..
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Ikennablue(m): 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
kelvyn7:
Just learn an IT skill.

IT is the way to go

My advice to someone without a job out there, go and learn an IT skill now... in a few years you will thank your God you did.
as a developer, what language will you advise young developers like me to focus more on.
For now am quite good with javascript, and I can use PHP.
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
JahBwoy:

yeah. not too hard to grab. Just start learning. there are nice tutorials out there that will guide you through.. just hit youtube..

and mention this guy https://www.nairaland.com/ejiod
he has some links to give you if you want to start learning excel. someting that can take you to intermediate within 2 months
hope you have a pc..
yea i have a pc
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by bukiah: 5:34pm On Sep 26, 2019
kelvyn7:
Just learn an IT skill.

IT is the way to go

Please can you tell me some of the areas (aspect)in IT that one can go for. I want to register my son.�
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2019
Darkseid:
Getting 2:2 in my Industrial Physics is almost as difficult as getting first class in other courses. I never let it bother me for a day because while it's a great course, I saw it as a waste of time studying it in Nigeria. All we did was cram long materials, equations, formulas and copy notes; no practicals, even the lecturers didn't understand what they were teaching us.
While schooling I acquired some other skills in electronics design and repairs, phone repairs, computer repairs, programming and others.
Today I run my own business in those skills that I acquired, infact the last time I saw my certificate was two months after NYSC service last year.

Every course is very easy for people who are meant to be doing it, if it's too difficult for you, check well... maybe you're not meant to be doing it, how can you apply something bthat us hard for you to learn?
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by milkytins(m): 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
Most lecturers had 2:2. M.Sc and PhD covered their B.Sc results.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by TheMainMan: 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2019
Squillaci:

I think my major bottleneck is lack of arousal. I have issues paying attention to things that don't excite me.
All of these courses require little intelligence with loads of hardwork and shit, and I don't get intellectual stimulation from such courses. I just wish I developed a passion when I was little, when I was still impressionable and stupid.
I think what drives most people to success is passion, or for those that didn't get their desired course, the ability to easily develop passion for their course of study.
GOD bless you brother... That is all i have to say
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by OluwasureGig: 12:11am On Sep 27, 2019
tundeloveday:
Not true mate.....I finished with a 2.2 and I am living my life through scholarship abroad. Now I am aiming to achieve my life long dream of travelling round the world. Grade or not, Wake up every morning and start talking to your destiny. Dream big. Be smart. Don’t let anybody talk you down. Even without knowing your worth with a first class degree, you will be talked down and will stoop low.
I need your guidance on the scholarship brother.
even if you didn't reply others I have faith that you'll reply me. I have WhatsApp too. thanks in advance
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by RxTreasure: 5:54am On Sep 27, 2019
What of pharmacy student that graduate with 2.2 ...any hope of getting job
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by RxTreasure: 5:54am On Sep 27, 2019
RxTreasure:
What of pharmacy student that graduate with 2.2 ...any hope of getting job
??
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by JustBeYourselfO: 6:40am On Sep 27, 2019
Jemappelle1:
with this English,,,,,,,, Yeah Yeah, probably working in one of those Microfinance banks with Traders as their only customer
lol
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by favinvest: 9:02am On Sep 27, 2019
its good to study hard and make first-class..

but...

in my company, my current senior manager and one of our senior staff graduated from the same UNI, same time, many years ago but with a different grade.

Senior manager graduated with 2.2
senior staff graduated with 2.1 very close to first-class...

but 15yrs later, the 2.2 guy is our overall senior manager, while the 2.1 guy is just a senior staff like everyone else...

in fact, I heard it was the senior manager guy that even interviewed the 2.1 guy & helped to get the job..

try and read hard to get a good grade, but the most important thing is the world after UNi. days

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by kelvyn7: 9:56pm On Sep 27, 2019
Ikennablue:
as a developer, what language will you advise young developers like me to focus more on.
For now am quite good with javascript, and I can use PHP.

Php is ok too. You can even going into mobile Applications Development with Ionic which is a javascript framework

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uniabuja Students Protest Over The Death Of A Female Student / FIDEI Polytechnic Gboko Protest, Police Accused Of Killing 2 Students (Pics) / Top 8 Most Wanted Medical Courses With Employment Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.