Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried (35804 Views)

Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) / Name 3 Or More Drinks You Think Are Popular But You Haven't Tasted / What Are Your Worst Food Combinations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by biggy26: 3:02pm On Sep 27, 2019
thanta:
Bread and indomie.. yuck.. haven't tried that

Rice and banana.. (throws up).. can't try that

Rice and okro/ewedu... even worse

Garri and salt...

That's all I can think of for now

Finally... **BEANS AND TWO BOILED EGGS AND COKE (Doesn't end well the next day)
Bread and noodles is good cos of the soup. It's actually a Chinese sauce eaten with bread.
Rice and banana, very nice combo.
Rice and okro, never tried and won't. But well eaten in Liberia.
Harris and salt, nothing wrong, but better if you add some sugar.
My roommate used to eat garri and banana or fried plantain.�
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Biggaboi(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2019
davillian:

Lmao
Na fufu and beans soup na

Local man!!! grin
How about Fufu and boiled fish? No soup o
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Mouthpis(m): 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2019
Eba and indomie.

Bread and dried grounded pepper.
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Kojiek: 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2019
sacx:

There's what is called melon soup and it's different from egusi soup. That guy is blowing steam cheesy

Yes bro! Melon soup is different from 'melon seed' (egusi) soup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Sonoyom(m): 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2019
thanta:
Bread and indomie.. yuck.. haven't tried that

Rice and banana.. (throws up).. can't try that

Rice and okro/ewedu... even worse

Garri and salt...

That's all I can think of for now

Finally... **BEANS AND TWO BOILED EGGS AND COKE (Doesn't end well the next day)
Indomie and Bread was the surest thing in Room 8, Hall 5 annex, Malabor Republic!
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Jidebabs88(m): 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2019
drips8:
That rice and yam combo is really weird

Great combination I must tell you. Been eating this since 2001. wink
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Cuccitini(m): 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2019
prinsam30:
have u tried beans and corn mixed with GARI before after eating this combo, life go tire u for Toilet aswear
it is called SOKUDALE in Yoruba
your life will not remain d same dat day again
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by kogi2010: 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2019
corn food with red oil n salt how many of u have tried it b4
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by mechanics(m): 3:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
Rice with boiled yam is concoction.
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by sarujaSA(m): 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2019
Chicken and Plantain
Custard and Bread
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by awetaiye2015: 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2019
I have heard of someone taking pap (akamu) with stew rice in d morning. Weirdest thing I've ever heard grin
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by skukimania(f): 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2019
Some people I'm the Northern Nigeria combine rice with Irish potatoes.
And I have seeing someone eating white rice / stew with bread.
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by richieray: 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
Bread and tomato paste
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by skukimania(f): 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2019
rerhji:
amala with blue band.......we went out of soup and my guy suggested it...it was dope

Some people can lie Sha! Amala and butter ( blue band) ? shocked. Bro Linus, do am small, small.
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by skukimania(f): 4:06pm On Sep 27, 2019
rafhell:
Bread and toothpaste.
Love it in my primary school days

Pele o basketmouth the comedian! grin
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by aoofbeautifulme(f): 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2019
Pap (ogi) and bread
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Gabson001(m): 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2019
fried pap and roasted moi moi is the best
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by maisauki: 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
try bread with efo riro [ vegetables ] you'll thank yourself later

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Babatoxx: 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2019
L
Easymoney00101:
I have stayed with friends, am currently in a school hostel, and I have seen weird food combinations eaten by my roommates, and others by friends I have around.

We kinda had a discussion about this topic some hours ago and I felt like writing about this.

Some people do actually combine some food that normally do not match and don’t die after eating.

Some look nice to eat, while others aren’t cool to eat at all. And most times, we do these combinations for the fun of it and others times, to add to the quantity of the food we are eating.

I really don’t know if I can get photos to throw more light on some weird food combinations I will be sharing with you guys.

Rice with Papaya (mixed)

Looks very good, and may taste really good, I don’t know. It’s a good combo if carbs and vitamins.

A lot of persons have eaten this combination. Does it taste good?… I really do not know. Maybe I’ll try it someday.

My roommate took this meal some weeks ago, and I was so scared to join him. I just felt something will happen to me if I take the food.

He didn’t die after eating it, and he kept on saying “come try some, it’s really nice”. Bro.. am not trying shit.

Spaghetti with Kidney Beans

I have tried this one, and it is really nice. It kinda have similar taste with when you’re eating rice with kidney beans.

It’s a nice combo of carbs with protein, and its something you should try.

Rice with boiled yam
The Chinese call it yam rice, but in Africa, most persons find eating this combination weird.

During our discussion, I asked a lady “what about rice and yam, have you tried it?” And her response was “you’ll kill yourself someday”.

I think you should try the Chinese yam rice. It will be more better than just adding your boiled yam to your already cooked rice. Though this was what I ate, and it wasn’t bad. Just that I was drinking a lot of water.

There are a lot of weird food combinations to add to this. My eyes are dropping and I really need some rest. There will definitely be a part 2
Source: https://jitesblog.com/weird-african-food-combinations/
How about a combo of rice, beans, yam & bread. Labourers eat it a lot
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Dickson25(m): 5:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
KingOfAmebo:
Abeg na which one be kidney beans again? Na wetin be the botanical name?
....Lolz bros i tire ooh... Me self come de confused come dey think if i don chop that type of beans before.....hahaha
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by davillian(m): 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
Biggaboi:

Local man!!! grin
Protein and carbohydrate na good combo...
Man must wak

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:07pm On Sep 27, 2019
Bread and moi moi is a bae

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by sirjoe1124(m): 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2019
post=82615928:
OH BOY!

COMBINATIONS OF LIFE!!

cheesy grin cheesy
Dead vulture grill and bread
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Immarocks(f): 7:28pm On Sep 27, 2019
hahaha....I remember doz years me n my siblings do eating competition....my elder brother,chai day guy can eat anything and nothing will happen to him God.....some of doz food....

rice with okro soup....
spaghetti and bread...
rice and egusi soup(though I still love dat
combo)
my dad use to like dat rice n yam,rice n Irish potatoes combo or rice and spaghetti....
garri and bean,spaghetti and beans(I love)
rice and beans with just onions and oil with granded pepper sprinkled on it(oh God�;it's called 'garou garou" here in d north.i love too)
fried yam with pap...
hmmmmm some of d combo I still can't believe we did....my brother always wins though �

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by MOSICATED5(m): 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
Sardine mixed with peak milk and bread
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 27, 2019
1. Test soaki garri with groundnut oil.

2. Closeup with boiled yam.
You will surely thank me later.
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Jerrite(m): 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2019
Mild stuffs compared to what I've seen
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Amwitty(f): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2019
drips8:
That rice and yam combo is really weird
Actually thats my grandpa's favourite food and its very delicious when prepared well i think i should make it for you grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Odunolumide(m): 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2019
Kojiek:

Bread with chilled beer. Try am, u go fear fear.

I prefer spirit beer like Origin with shoprite/captaincook esque bread . makes sense
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Odunolumide(m): 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2019
Biggaboi:

Local man!!! grin

Person no go vomit

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by Jerry299: 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2019
I have tried all
Re: Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried by dagreat4(f): 9:16pm On Sep 27, 2019
Garden egg sauce and boiled yam is good to go
Combination of bean and fresh maize as porriage is kul too
Yam porriage dressed with all fried rice vegetable na baba.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Different Ways Plantain Can Be Enjoyed. (pictures) / See The Beans I Bought For 300 Naira In My Area / Fried Plantain (Dodo) Or PuffPuff? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.