Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? (15359 Views)

My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. / I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... / I Finally Went For A HIV Test First Time In My Entire Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by TSRC: 2:00pm On Sep 26, 2019
Starboytwo:
How cheap is it? Or on the average

The info might go a long way...
Free in general hospitals.

1500 in private Labs.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by exstreve: 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
ursullalinda:
Hahaha with cancer I no dey fear HIV again because HIV is like malaria to cancer. So going for HIV test can not give me BP
are you having cancer?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Obas101(m): 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
ursullalinda:
Hahaha with cancer I no dey fear HIV again because HIV is like malaria to cancer. So going for HIV test can not give me BP
sorry about that dear... may Allah strengthen and favour you

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by SeniorKing(m): 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
If your hands are so clean, why going to the hospital for HIV test? undecided undecided
makewetalk2:
Na man way day put hand for small pikin totoh na day shake when the girl day shout "i will tell"
if your hands are clean, you will feel exactly the same way as you do when you go for malaria and typhoid test.
sinful generation sharing body fluids like harlots. y'all with your dead consciences and evil ways.
am i judging? no! just stating fax.
on the other hand, those who have contracted this virus innocently, God will see you through.
A friend of mine got this disease from her illicit and promiscuous husband. When he felt sick all the girls ran away. at that point he wanted to read the bible.
make una day busy day fornicate and una think say God no day see una. na small time.

meanwhile nigerian passport office in warri has no paper to print people's travel passports. who know who call and talk oh
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by makewetalk2: 2:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
Job requirement
marriage requirement
school requirement
Got it?
SeniorKing:
If your hands are so clean, why going to the hospital for HIV test? undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
I don't understand this topic. After all those who went for Hiv test always say something must kill a man before they engage in a sexual activity. So why the fear
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
mysticgal:
I knew I wasn’t HIV positive so I came in like a boss and asked the guy to send my result to my phone number cheesy

Tho badt gan

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by briggson07(m): 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2019
I was very happy that I fell on the floor and said thank you Jesus !

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by braveheart77: 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2019
Guys I had my first unprotected sex days ago. How can I tell my partner to do an hiv test without it sounding rude please. I'm paranoid. Meanwhile I am negative as of now
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Orissodiq: 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Mrsprof(f): 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
I'm on it now, waiting for my result. My adrenaline is very high
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by samuelchimmy(m): 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
Is HIV test free? Just asking o, can't come and waste money
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by wisdomhuz: 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
makewetalk2:
Na man way day put hand for small pikin totoh na day shake when the girl day shout "i will tell"
if your hands are clean, you will feel exactly the same way as you do when you go for malaria and typhoid test.
sinful generation sharing body fluids like harlots. y'all with your dead consciences and evil ways.
am i judging? no! just stating fax.
on the other hand, those who have contracted this virus innocently, God will see you through.
A friend of mine got this disease from her illicit and promiscuous husband. When he felt sick all the girls ran away. at that point he wanted to read the bible.
make una day busy day fornicate and una think say God no day see una. na small time.

meanwhile nigerian passport office in warri has no paper to print people's travel passports. who know who call and talk oh

Go to the nearest state, maybe Bayelsa, that was were I got my early this year when Port Harcourt was short of booklet too.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by gidgiddy: 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
My own experience was an eyeopopener. There was this time I was down with fever. All the medicine I drank, nothing seemed to work. The Doctor now suggested I go for HIV test which I did. I was supposed to come back after 3 days for the result. I did not sleep for those 3 days. I thought of every girl I ever slept with. I wondered if caught any thing from them.

When I went back for the result, there was a stack of results on the table. The Nurse asked me for name and started sifting through the stack to find my own. As she did this, I could see other people results. It would be, positive, positive, positive, positive, negative, positive, positive. There were more far more positives than negatives. By the time they got to my results, I was out of my mind. As luck would have it, I came out negative. The result also showed I had Malaria parasite

Despite my fever, I drank 4 bottles of Star beer to celebrate grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Dorammy(f): 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by MedicH: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
midnighter:

It's actually very difficult to get hiv from barbing...that's a huge misinformation and I don't know where it comes from . That's how I was always afraid when getting weave-on in the salon

It can't survive for more than a few seconds outside the body

Even during the HIV talk at camp they were peddling this lie

HIV doesn't need to survive outside a living host because there, it only crystallizes and become a non living thing only to become active and start recplictlating when in a host. Aa long as the conditions outside a living host remains favourable, HIV can stay there for 100yrs waiting patiently.

For this reason scientists thinks a virus is between a living and a non living thing.

Got that?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by mindyourword: 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2019
Please, it is advisable to check HIV status in a facility that can provide both the counseling and the testing sections. Getting to know that one is HIV positive could be devastating if not properly counseled.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by TSRC: 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:

HIV doesn't need to survive outside a living host because there, it only crystallizes and become a non living thing only to become active and start recplictlating when in a host. Aa long as the conditions outside a living host remains favourable, HIV can stay there for 100yrs waiting patiently.

For this reason scientists thinks a virus is between a living and a non living thing.

Got that?
I think the thing is HIV loses its infectiousness when exposed to the outside air.
That is the main thing people care about.
And without that infectiousness, it cannot harm.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by VirginSearcher(m): 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
It's been centuries but honestly it can be very terrifying grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by midnighter(f): 2:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:

HIV doesn't need to survive outside a living host because there, it only crystallizes and become a non living thing only to becoime active and start recplictlating when in a host. Aa long as the conditions outside a living host remains favourable, HIV can stay there for 100yrs waiting patiently.

Got that?

You're just describing the general characteristics of a virus. Of course if it's kept refrigerated and at pH7 then it will survive

As such HIV is a fragile virus that quickly becomes damaged after exposure to air, water or direct sunlight

So worrying about getting it from barbing is not necessary

You can be worried about contracting hepatitis C or ringworm though

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by mewi: 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
NigerianMan:
Last week Saturday was the day I went for my last HIV test. I summoned courage and approached this big laboratory in my area, after skin diving some months ago.

I met this young lady at the Laboratory and I told her I wanted to do HIV test blah blah blah. She offered me a seat and she started discussion on Hepatitis B & C. The conversation did not enter my ear at all, I was after the result.

She collected blood sample and off she went. I was sweating like a confused thief that the owner caught. After 20 Minutes, this lady came back with the result.

What made my body nearly jumped out my skin was that she told me you have to come back after 2 months for another checkup before handling the result to me. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! shocked shocked shocked Come back to do what biko?? She walked away. cry

I left the laboratory and head to my car and inside my car I opened the result and it was Negative (HIV 1 & 2)

My advise to you out there, please say no to unprotected SEX.

Go for Test Today, It is affordable.

Kindly share your feeling when you went for your last HIV test grin grin
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Rolax: 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
Sunnycliff:
As long as you are sexually active and without a single mate, my brother, each HIV test with negative, is a big testimony. But I don't no how to say it in church.

My Brother, u want use laughter finish me oh!

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by zicoraads: 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2019
My heart beat. grin cheesy

I did mine last two weeks. It was a whole office thing. It was darn funny. To make matters worse, the doctor didn't release everyone's result. Some people were asked to come see him at the hospital; they were not themselves that day. Until two if them came back and it turned out it was just their sugar level that was the issue.

But, before collecting the result...I was scared for a while...honezly. grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by kcaller: 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2019
I’ve actually done the test twice(last year and last week).....I went to the lab and started asking irrelevant questions like
1) How much for Genotype and blood group
2) How much for malaria and typhoid test
3) What about HIV test

Deep down, I knew it was HIV test I came for

She drew blood out from me, then told me to wait for my result.... After some minutes she Came to ask me if I’ll still be doing the remaining tests I asked for... Immediately she gave me the result and I Non-Responsive, I “JAPAA” straight

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by braveheart77: 3:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
GOFRONT:
grin

Only once in a very longwhile we read about a guy on Frontpage who has gone to run his Hiv test whose result are always a Negative one....

But how about those whose HIV test results came Positive.....why are they not always Courageous enough to create a thread and tell us how they went for Hiv test and after waiting and sweating profusely like a christmas goat, result finally came but it came HIV POSITIVE??

But why are we ever like that??....Why do we love and choose to run away from the public whenever it is time to open up how Reality has set in on us??

Whenever the HIV result is sweet (Negative), we are quick to announce it to the world, then later we go ahead to spread our wings to fly anyhow we want....But whenever the result HIV is irredeemably Bitter (POSITIVE), We begin to act secretive, we begin to beg our doctors n Nurses to keep it a seceret by all means.....

https://www.nairaland.com/1045063/just-confirmed-hiv-positive/2
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by mechanics(m): 3:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
Normal.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by zicoraads: 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
gidgiddy:
My own experience was an eyeopopener. There was this time I was down with fever. All the medicine I drank, nothing seemed to work. The Doctor now suggested I go for HIV test which I did. I was supposed to come back after 3 days for the result. I did not sleep for those 3 days. I thought of every girl I ever slept with. I wondered if caught any thing from them.

When I went back for the result, there was a stack of results on the table. The Nurse asked me for name and started sifting through the stack to find my own. As she did this, I could see other people results. It would be, positive, positive, positive, positive, negative, positive, positive. There were more far more positives than negatives. By the time they got to my results, I was out of my mind. As luck would have it, I came out negative. The result also showed I had Malaria parasite

Despite my fever, I drank 4 bottles of Star beer to celebrate grin grin grin
This your own ehn...how will someone be opening the result of other people for you? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by PotatoSalad(m): 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
I was enjoying my PUBG match while waiting for the result. I don't even need HIV test. Nothing to worry about

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by mekuxiani(m): 3:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
Guy throughout my University i no use condom for once Bros na God de save person if not i for don die
i summoned up courage and got tested like 4 years after graduation bros b4 i collect the result i don die finish walahi kai

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by baggy4luv(m): 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
[img][/img]

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Damfostopper(m): 3:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
why I go waka go check for something wey I no get..... continue checking you will see Wat ur looking for one day
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
AceOfRed:
The thought alone scares the living daylight out of me.

Someday, I'll summon courage and get it done after all.
you can get it done ursef,is simple,u can order it from jumia

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairalander Donates Blood To Celebrate His Birthday / Top 10 Most Contagious Illness. / African NGO Drills Borehole For Community As It Commissions On Children's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.