Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! (13851 Views)

4 Typical Signs Of A Failing Radiator / Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by radautoworks: 2:12am On Sep 29, 2019
jidemoh:

I did that with my car eventually because one fan coming on and going off at intervals was stil causing my engine to overheat. I'll advice you change the radiator first then observe for a period. If your engine overheats, then you can decide on running the fans direct.

As for the fuel consumption, change your air filter and get the injectors cleaned/flushed. Let your mechanic check if all the plugs are working perfectly because one dead plug puts strain on the engine and to keep up, it takes more fuel

Please stop giving car advice. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by radautoworks: 2:12am On Sep 29, 2019
lanre2009:
thanks a lot......

Do NOT follow that advice
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 29, 2019
radautoworks:

Please stop giving car advice. Thank you.

Oga!

What exactly is your grouse with giving advise that was solicited for? An advice is not a mandate, it's only a guide and you either take it or leave at your discretion.

Besides, since when did buying a new radiator for a car become a problem to you?
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by radautoworks: 8:20am On Sep 29, 2019
jidemoh:

Oga!

What exactly is your grouse with giving advise that was solicited for? An advice is not a mandate, it's only a guide and you either take it or leave at your discretion.

Besides, since when did buying a new radiator for a car become a problem to you?

When the advice is very wrong and clearly not given by someone whose job it is too fix cars.
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 29, 2019
radautoworks:

When the advice is very wrong and clearly not given by someone whose job it is too fix cars.

So as the professional, what would you have told him? First to bring the car for diagnostics over radiator and fan matter?
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by radautoworks: 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2019
jidemoh:

So as the professional, what would you have told him? First to bring the car for diagnostics over radiator and fan matter?

I definitely won't have told him to bypass his thermostat or run fans direct grin
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 29, 2019
radautoworks:

I definitely won't have told him to bypass his thermostat or run fans direct grin

Then you didn't read my post well. Short of what i said:

1. Get a new radiator which is the advice
2. Observe the car for a period, which isn't out of place
3. It's up to him to decide to run his fan direct, which is subjective. That i did it does not mean he should.
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by radautoworks: 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2019
jidemoh:

Then you didn't read my post well. Short of what i said:

1. Get a new radiator which is the advice
2. Observe the car for a period, which isn't out of place
3. It's up to him to decide to run his fan direct, which is subjective. That i did it does not mean he should.

Enjoy your Sunday grin
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Mrford(m): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2019
radautoworks:

Enjoy your Sunday grin
grin grin grin Aunty don tire.

1 Like

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by MOTIONTECH(m): 10:29pm On Jan 31, 2021
kokomaster3d:

Hmm how can you use cheap auto gear oil and expect your gear to function properly.

MY Peugeot 406 V6 recommended auto gear oil cost N6700 per litre and it can take up to 8 litres when drained completely. I have never had issue with my auto gear and it shift swiftly like brand new. I normally buy direct from PAN office in Kaduna.
for how long have you been using your vehicle sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bmw Engines / The Evolution Of The Iconic USA Police Ford Car (video) / Help Pls: My Nissan Primera Car Consumes Fuel So Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.