Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! (13871 Views)

4 Typical Signs Of A Failing Radiator / Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2019
ricki:
Hmmmm

RIP in advance Honda 2006.
lolll
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by A305: 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2019
sacx:

Beware of kazeems. Never bypass your car's thermostat.

Was your car overheating prior to this time?
I was about saying the same thing, He had better not by pass the themostat and even arrest the mechanic who suggest that to him lol

1 Like

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by metroid(m): 6:05pm On Sep 27, 2019
9icetoo:

You've used the car for 3 years in factory state without issues, why do you now want to create issues.
Change the radiator to whatever cell you want. It's duty is just to take heat away.
Retain the fan and thermostat setup the way it is. Ensure you use the recommended coolant instead of water.

OP this is the best advice
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by calculus4life: 6:09pm On Sep 27, 2019
The best advice is for you to stay with the manufacturer design which is the single cell radiator and the fan running automatically, your car even tends to consume more fuel whenever the fan is run direct. I don't know where some Nigeria mechanics get the orientation of the weather stuff from they will say Nigeria is a hot country but the Engineers who design this cars has considered and subjected it to various weather conditions.

1 Like

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by MrMumu: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2019
You still dey use 2006 car for 2019 ahh.

Poverty e no go better for ur mama

1 Like

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by MedicH: 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2019
stalwart123:
grin

GAZZUZZ

At the mention of this name every car must bow and every engine must confess that Gazzuz is the auto maestro.

2 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by webngnews: 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2019
Then change it
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2019
MedicH:

At the mention of this name every car must bow and every engine must confess that Gazzuz is the auto maestro.

Das how star do cool

3 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by kokomaster3d: 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
lanre2009:
is it advisable to redirect the fan to always be on once the ignition is switched on??

My brother don't try this for any reason. Better find a good mechanic to Scan your car with computer to know the actual problem.

Many Nigerians a killing their vehicles by connecting their fans to spin directly and removing their thermostats. Their excuse is always hot weather - what dumb excuse. When you on your ignition, your fan is not suppose to start spining. No matter how high the temperature is, your thermostat will regulate everything according to the factory settings.

If you want to kill any car, give it to a Nigerian. And average Nigerian believes he is more than the vehicle manufacturer.

4 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Structuralman: 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
lanre2009:
good morning guys. pls i have an issue with my 2006 honda accord. the radiator is a single cell. It got cracked due to someones carelessness. I am being adviced to install a double cell type and direct the fan to always be on anytime i switch on the ignition. Is this advisable? Or should i just install a signal cell type and leave the fan the way it is.?

I also noticed that fuel consumption has increased on the car, pls what could be responsible for this?

Firstly install a double cell radiator because your car was not built for the Nigerian weather.
Secondly note that your car has two fans. One fan must always be working when the car is switched on. It is also important to know that the very fan should blow inwards towards your engine and not outwards. If it blows outwards, call a rewire to reverse the direction. The second fan should come on and also blow inwards to support the first fan only when the AC is turned on.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by sayhi2bammy(m): 6:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
Bro...I had the same issue when i was travelling a day like that....I switched from single cell to double cell, since then my temperature has never risen to the one fourth level of the thermometer. I suspect those that designed the car forgot there is a place called Nigeria grin grin grin,they would have fractured us in grin
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by kokomaster3d: 6:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
Structuralman:

Firstly install a double cell radiator because your car was not built for the Nigerian weather.
Secondly note that your car has two fans. One fan must always be working when the car is switched on. It is also important to know that the very fan should blow inwards towards your engine and not outwards. If it blows outwards, call a rewire to reverse the direction. The second fan should come on and also blow inwards to support the first fan only when the AC is turned on.
I hope this helps.

Dumb So you are saying, Honda produces cars for each country in the world according their weather. Is Nigeria hotter than Dubai, Saudi, etc and you wont see all these rubbish Nigerians do to their cars there in the name of hot weather. FYI same Honda you see on Nigerian roads is what you will see in other countries around the world.

3 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by uboma(m): 6:53pm On Sep 27, 2019
Chuks9000:
I changed my radiator from single to double cell and removed the thermostat. It's been 5 years without any issue.
Obviously, you need to change the damaged radiator.

Wrong move!

Restore the thermostat. You and your kazeems cannot be wiser than the manufacturer who built your car

2 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by kokomaster3d: 6:56pm On Sep 27, 2019
sayhi2bammy:
Bro...I had the same issue when i was travelling a day like that....I switched from single cell to double cell, since then my temperature has never risen to the one fourth level of the thermometer. I suspect those that designed the car forgot there is a place called Nigeria grin grin grin,they would have fractured us in grin

Dont be deceived, every car is design to run efficiently at a particular temperature. Its funny some people will see 800 or 900 and they will think, their vehicle is overheating, they didnt know thats the temperature their engines need to run efficiently.

1 Like

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by friendl: 6:56pm On Sep 27, 2019
I have used Honda accord for years ,buy double cell

2 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by duality(m): 6:58pm On Sep 27, 2019
All the people saying don't change design of the car, are big men na...

If you have used 1988- 1995 model of cars, you wouldn't be saying such.

Bros, get the double cell and drive your car in peace.

I don drive Car whe I no see the part for market... Na me still allow them constrct the part for me.
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by lanre2009: 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2019
thanks to everyone for the advice.....i will replace the radiator with a new single cell type.........
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by femi4: 7:08pm On Sep 27, 2019
lanre2009:
good morning guys. pls i have an issue with my 2006 honda accord. the radiator is a single cell. It got cracked due to someones carelessness. I am being adviced to install a double cell type and direct the fan to always be on anytime i switch on the ignition. Is this advisable? Or should i just install a signal cell type and leave the fan the way it is.?

I also noticed that fuel consumption has increased on the car, pls what could be responsible for this?
Don't do it.... If you change it to double cell, your engine will not attain its optimal performance
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by kokomaster3d: 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2019
duality:
All the people saying don't change design of the car, are big men na...

If you have used 1988- 1995 model of cars, you wouldn't be saying such.

Bros, get the double cell and drive your car in peace.

I don drive Car whe I no see the part for market... Na me still allow them constrct the part for me.

No one is saying he is rich here. I am using Peugeot 406 v6 auto 2001 FYI. I have been using it for more than 9 years now without any engine problem, only mechanical like changing of suspension, bushing, etc. My engine is still in top condition like brand new. I use the recommended engine oil, recommended coolant, AC chilling like ice, etc. Whatever type of car you are using, its your duty to take good care of it, otherwise, it will give nightmare. Same Honda car people are complaining of is the same car the whiteman has used for more than 25 years without any issues and Nigerian will buy it as tokunbo.

2 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by femi4: 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2019
kokomaster3d:

Dont be deceived, every car is design to run efficiently at a particular temperature. Its funny some people will see 800 or 900 and they will think, their vehicle is overheating, they didnt know thats the temperature their engines need to run efficiently.
exactly
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Just2endowed2(m): 7:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
how much is honda accord 2006 toks
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Chuks9000: 7:42pm On Sep 27, 2019
uboma:

Wrong move!

Restore the thermostat. You and your kazeems cannot be wiser than the manufacturer who built your car
Could be.
Didn't want to go through the stress of thermostat failure in the future.
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by kolaaderin: 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2019
jidemoh:
I'll advice you to get a new double cell radiator as a matter of urgency.

Your car was not designed for tropical weather which is why the fans sometimes don't roll immediately even when the aircon is on. A broken radiator will only cause engine overheat which isn't good for engine lifespan.

My 2005 Honda dealt with me cos i was managing a radiator until i bought a new one.
All cars from 1996 are designed by standard of manufacturing to work in any condition so please spare me that scrap. As for the OP please don't mind those Kareem the mechanic. I will only suggest you get a new radiator it's not that expensive at most 15k, I got it to mine 3years ago and it's still serving great. If you don't have a leaking radiator your car will work perfect the way it's designed to work don't redirect the condition of the fan for optimal performance and durability of your engine. Ignore Kareem I repeat, ignore them

1 Like

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Piyke: 7:50pm On Sep 27, 2019
lanre2009:

Flee this so called mechanic. He does not understand what it takes to maintain modern cars. I have a 2003 accord which I have had for 10 years now. I maintain it myself and have replaced the radiator. I stuck with single cell. Video of the repair procedure is below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALSnKYMjOsg

3 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by uboma(m): 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2019
Chuks9000:

Could be.
Didn't want to go through the stress of thermostat failure in the future.

Thermostats are readily available.

You will do your car engine a lot of good by restoring the thermostat.

2 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2019
9icetoo:

You've used the car for 3 years in factory state without issues, why do you now want to create issues.
Change the radiator to whatever cell you want. It's duty is just to take heat away.
Retain the fan and thermostat setup the way it is. Ensure you use the recommended coolant instead of water.

Thank you, very correct. Replace with Factory spec. Single cell radiator and retain your thermostat. Please remember to use coolant and not water. Double cell radiator have not been proven to have better advantage/s over single cell ones. You can get a new radiator from our local spare parts markets even if it's not up to the standard OEM specifications. If you have the money, you could order new OEM radiator from Carquest Nigeria. Used ones are okay if you can confirm they are not damaged yet.

1 Like

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by erico2k2(m): 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
lanre2009:

Replace with same single cell radiator and leave your fan the way it is.Oh yeh arrest who ever adviced you to leave your fan to run always!

2 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by ruby360: 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2019
Originalsly:
Bro.... I'm not a mechanic... and know little about cars... maybe less than you... but let's shut the experts and reason for a bit. The people who designed the car installed one cell radiator (I never knew they had one cell and two cell). They chose one cell instead of two cell... don't you think they had a reason?... Do you think they are foolish to have thermostat installed when they should've just run the fan direct?... don't you think they have a reason? You know the problem is the radiator... it got damaged... don't you think if it is replaced by a new similar one the car would operate as good as it was or more likely better? Replace the radiator as 9icetoo simply said ... replace the hoses at the same time....and...... use the correct coolant.... yes coolant... yes it is expensive..... and yes but water is free... the makers know that too... coolant...use coolant.

YOU SAID IT ALL.

1 Like

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Felicity001(m): 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2019
Please I need solution guys, this is the issue with my Honda EOD'05. If I start engine in the morning to go out everything works perfectly but once car has work for long or travel for like 20-50km and on say 120km/h the car will just automatically slow down to 0km/h, no matter how much I accelerate it won't speed up but gear will be struggling to select. But if I pull over, off the engine, allow for like 2-5minutes the gear will pick up normally and start working normally again but continues again after some distance and this will go on over and over.
lanre2009:
good
morning guys. pls i have an issue with my 2006 honda accord. the radiator is a single cell. It got cracked due to someones carelessness. I am being adviced to install a double cell type and direct the fan to always be on anytime i switch on the ignition. Is this advisable? Or should i just install a signal cell type and leave the fan the way it is.?

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 27, 2019
kolaaderin:
All cars from 1996 are designed by standard of manufacturing to work in any condition so please spare me that scrap. As for the OP please don't mind those Kareem the mechanic. I will only suggest you get a new radiator it's not that expensive at most 15k, I got it to mine 3years ago and it's still serving great. If you don't have a leaking radiator your car will work perfect the way it's designed to work don't redirect the condition of the fan for optimal performance and durability of your engine. Ignore Kareem I repeat, ignore them
What exactly is it you want to feel like? I talked about MY car not yours and what works for your car may not necessarily work for mine. Besides, if you read my post well, I never outrightly advised that he run his fan direct. All I said was change the radiator and observe for a period and IF his engine overheats, he can decide.

This is the reason people like you dish crap on what you know nothing about,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Evolution Of The Iconic USA Police Ford Car (video) / 6 Reasons Why Your Car Struggles When Going Uphill / Help Pls: My Nissan Primera Car Consumes Fuel So Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.