Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi (65996 Views)

2018 World Cup : Meet The 32 Captains Leading Their Teams Into Battle / Caption This Photo Of Ronaldo And Neymar At The Best FIFA Awards / Cristiano Ronaldo's Son And Lionel Messi Meet At The Best FIFA Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by ZinoFasisi: 9:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
Realfrankie:

May God help you and give you what you lacks, because you're lacking so many things I don't need to mention them, you know it yourself

Pls I beg in the name of God, tell me some of the things i lack
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Tableshaker007(m): 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
WarriAproko:
Ronaldo is leaving on past glory. He was not the highest goal scorer in Seria A but was given best player in Seria A which about 20% of goals scored is PK.
If penalty is easy to score then ask pogba and rashford......
And if you think scoring penalties does not count ask Harry Kane
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by chayoski: 9:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
slawomir:
Whoever came up with this article is young, dumb and broke

Am an ardent fan of Liverpool
But i must confess Messi deserve this award
He is a legend

FIFA determines the best players based on the votes of national team coaches, captains as well as a journalist from each country

See ehnnnn

i thought Ronaldo was far behind Lionel Messi

Untill i watched Lionel Messi's third goal against real betis
And i realize i was hundred percent correct!

You need to see that goal!
Abeg which season and leg? Need to see that goal...
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by trustedward(m): 9:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mumu, someone is trying to table a fraudulent thing he noticed, u idiots are calling him Ronaldo fans, that’s exactly how APC goats were calling everyone complaining of this current hardship PDP supporters, now the hunger don reach una domot
maik99:
Ronaldo fans can be so sentimental!..the main reason why many are seeking ways to discredit the award is not because VVD deserved it like most of em are fronting, it's because Messi did and now has more FIFA best player awards than their goat
Last year when Modric won it and Messi placed an outrageous 5th we didn't hear this much noise
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
NORSYK:
FIFA vote-rigging storm: Captains and coaches claim they DID NOT vote for Lionel Messi for The Best award - and now FIFA reveal Egypt's vote for Salah was rejected because it was written in CAPITAL LETTERS

FIFA's prestigious The Best awards have been struck by a vote rigging storm amid claims indicating the ballot was rigged — with the governing body suggesting Egypt's votes were left out after the signatures were written in capital letters.
Lionel Messi walked away with the best men's player accolade at the glitzy ceremony in Milan on Monday, pipping Cristiano Ronaldo and Virgil van Dijk to the award.

Given Van Dijk's remarkable season at Liverpool, where he led the club to their sixth Champions League title, and Ronaldo's excellent campaign at Juventus - Messi's winning award was met with a degree of surprise.

There was also a belief that Mohamed Salah would be a strong contender for the prize.

And now the Barcelona superstar's claim to the honour has been thrown into serious doubt following questions over the legitimacy of the voting.

The Egyptian football association, Sudan's coach Zdravko Logarusic and Nicaragua's captain Juan Barrera have raised concerns over the authenticity of the ballots - citing uncounted or misallocated votes.

Egypt's association called on FIFA to explain why the votes of its national coach Shawki Ghareeb and captain Ahmed were not taken into account. Ghareeb and El-Mohammadi are not mentioned in FIFA's publication of official votes.

FIFA have now indicated that they were not included because signatures on Egypt's ballots 'were in capital letters and thus seemed not valid (not authentic).'

They added that 'voting forms were also not signed by the (federation) general secretary which is mandatory.'

Nicaragua’s captain Juan Barrera has raised concerns over the authenticity of the ballots
Nicaragua’s captain Juan Barrera has raised concerns over the authenticity of the ballots
Sudan’s coach Zdravko Logarusic took to social media to say his vote was not reflected by FIFA
Sudan’s coach Zdravko Logarusic took to social media to say his vote was not reflected by FIFA
The Egyptian Football Federation claim they officially sent Egypt's vote to FIFA on August 15, four days before the deadline.

Their statement had earlier asked 'FIFA why the Egyptian vote was not accepted' and goes on to confirm the EFA have opened an 'investigation' into the circumstances of this failure.

The Egyptian federation was in turmoil in July and August after its leadership resigned due to the national team's Round of 16 exit at the African Cup of Nations it hosted.

Later in August, FIFA sent an emergency management team to run the Egypt federation.

Additionally, Sudan's coach Lugarisic and Nicaragua's Juan Barrera took to social media to indicate that the votes published by FIFA, in their names, did not reflect their actual choices.

Lugarisic says his first choice was Egypt's Salah but FIFA's voting document showed Messi as his first selection.

Lugarisic says his first choice was Mohamed Salah but FIFA's records said he voted for Messi
Lugarisic says his first choice was Mohamed Salah but FIFA's records said he voted for Messi
Barrera is also adamant that he did not vote for Messi, as claimed by FIFA.

'I did not vote for Messi. I was surprised to be on the list of captains who voted for Messi and there is no explanation how it appeared there,' Barrera is reported to have said.

FIFA determines the best players based on the votes of national team coaches, captains as well as a journalist from each country.

The votes are then made public for transparency. However, the voting system has been called into serious doubt following the alleged discrepancies.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7507143/FIFA-Best-awards-hit-vote-rigging-storm-nations-claim-selections-not-counted.html?ito=social-facebook&fbclid=IwAR14Ft7_QWevbOm2zSOHHaIpz2QtgQMGxwRFR39Qg9M63Hq7haB4p3b_t6o
Ronaldo fans are the first set of fans in football world with weird logic...

I have never seen someone coming 3rd in election insisting on taking the winner to the tribunal...

So, it is a crime for FIFA to publish the breakdown??
What would you say about UEFA that did not publish their breakdown?? CREDIBLE right??

FIFA is confident, that is why they published the results...

Critics can continue to check the last Monday as frequent as possible...

Messi will always be the winner!!

VVD (The guy that is better than CR7 in 2019) : "Messi is the best player in the world and deserve to win the Ballon d'or as long as he plays.. But if I am voted as the best player in the world, I will take it"

No wonder, he voted for Messi himself..

Critics and Haters should show me a player who is INDIVIDUALLY involved in 74 out 96 goals scored by his team.. . I will wait...

Educate yourself with previous winners..
Focus on pre 2007 winners for good change of mind.. Example, Ronaldinho did not win the UCL in 2004 and 2005!!!

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by maik99(m): 9:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
trustedward:
Mumu, someone is trying to table a fraudulent thing he noticed, u idiots are calling him Ronaldo fans, that’s exactly how APC goats were calling everyone complaining of this current hardship PDP supporters, now the hunger don reach una domot

hungry PDP supporter..wehdone sir
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Mac2016(m): 9:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tableshaker007:

Am not saying that Messi is not good but.... Ronaldo won serie A and coppa Italia for Juventus then won Nations league for Portugal........
While VVD won the champions league for Liverpool....
And Messi just won Last Liga and lost in a final against Brazil...... If the award was about being a local champion then why didn't they give the best coach to Guadiola and they gave it to klopp who won only champions league....
So for me VVD or Cristiano Ronaldo deserved it
All right, Sir.
I personally have always believed that altho personal efforts helps a team to win but atimes all your brilliant efforts might not excel a team. Does that make you an underperformed?
Award for team are separate from individual awards.
Actually, Ronaldo is always a fantastic player but really we all know that Juve brought him not to win Scudetto or Coppa Italia but Champions League. Juve have always ever won both stated cups without Ronaldo.
I just believe this award should be about personal brilliance not team performance.

Altho, Messi was lacklustre in his performance this year compared to previous ones that won him the earlier five awards. He already set the stake so high.
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
ZinoFasisi:

I am not a messi fan bros.

I am a Liverpool fan and a fan of football in general
Also I am the fan of the truth

Ronaldo is a beast in front of goal
Messi is a beast on the pitch
Both players are good.

All the times both of them had won the awards they deserved it. Their Individual performance the year they each won was the best.

Which player has the best performance last season?

Answer objectively without prejudice or being biased. stat facts you don't need to argue.

Honestly, I like people who acknowledge the truth even if it doesn't go their way
VVD deserve the award football is not about goal scoring alone... lewandowski has more goals than mane and salah so he should have been nominated by your logic...the issue is we have become used to Messi and Ronaldo getting nominated every year that's why underate a defender and heck u are a fake Liverpool fan otherwise you will acknowledge VVD
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by maik99(m): 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
Whether una like am or not..Messi don win e don win be that..deservedly!
If you can't handle it goan create your own award and give it to Van Dijk or Ronaldo

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
jayjay2609:

Liverpool coach voted for messi?? Its seems Messi fans are even more stupid than those of Buhari's.. Voting is done by the national coaches as well as their captains as journalists.. So stop saying rubbish bros
is Liverpool coach a national team coach are u high with this view
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mac2016:

All right, Sir.
I personally have always believed that altho personal efforts helps a team to win but atimes all your brilliant efforts might not excel a team. Does that make you an underperformed?
Actually, Ronaldo is always a fantastic player but really we all know that Juve brought him not to win Scudetto or Coppa Italia but Champions League. Juve have always ever won both stated cups without Ronaldo.
I just believe this award should be about personal brilliance not team performance.

Altho, Messi was lacklustre in his performance this year compared to previous ones that won him the earlier five awards. He already set the stake so high.
Lackluster ko, Origi ni!!
74/96 goals involvement..
UCL Golden boot
European Golden shoe
And many more that stats cannot speak of..
C'mon!!

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by ZinoFasisi: 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
dicefrost:

Messi led van dirk by 8 points. If those 3 complaints are valid, then Messi wouldn't have gone home with the award. Personally, Van Dirk was the standout player last season

First of all those 3 claims have been resolved on fifa's part
Fifa provided evidence they received Nicaragua's captain vote, and have petitioned Nicaragua FA on the the issue,
Egypt FA as acknowledged their mistake
Sudan's coach has denied he never claimed he didn't vote for messi, and it was confirmed that the screenshot was only shared on 1 twitter by a Ronaldo fan, from where every other people copied it.

Secondly, coaches and captains and selected sport journalist from over 200 countries voted resulting in over 500 votes, how can 3 votes Bridge a gap of 8%

Thirdly, Vidic beat all Van dyke's record in 2009, but wasn't recognised because he wasn't HYPED. and If u really watched football last season, and u believe without prejudice or hatred that VVD performed individually more than messi, It's fine.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by DarkJeddi(m): 9:53pm On Sep 26, 2019
trustedward:
Ronaldo didn’t emerge top scorer last year cos he was rested in a couple of games, how cum Barca dogs are waving that aspect
So,he didn't score enough goals, Shikena..cool

The reasons for THAT is IMMATERIAL. shocked.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Dee04(m): 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
Small boy...so no be UEFAlona again na FIFAlona..
bitterson
FuckDaMods:
I knew something was wrong! Fifalona
All those messi asslickers should go cover their heads in shame, useless set of humans.
Fifalona better cancel the whole thing and give the award to the rightful owner angry

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by oneTIMEman(m): 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
Fifa na scam
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Kellie069(m): 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
How on earth can you even think that FIFA will change people's choice of vote and still post it for the general public to see. Or do you think this is counsellor election in your local government?? I really expect people to think more than this. Or you may say that FIFA thought that the voters will forget who they voted for. Bunch of wailers.

The only thing that can happen there is just lobbying. But no body can change a choice of vote and public it for the public.

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Tableshaker007(m): 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mac2016:

All right, Sir.

But they have been giving it to people who won trophies...... Or you want to tell me now that if Barcelona did not win any trophy they will consider him??

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Mac2016(m): 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
eni4real:
Lackluster ko, Origi ni!!
74/96 goals involvement..
UCL Golden boot
European Golden shoe
And many more that stats cannot speak of..
C'mon!!
Compared to 2011/12 season. Last season performance was a lacklustre. 2012 Messi scored 91 goals in a football year. C'mon! Messi has always been better than this year effort!

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by ussv: 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
Maybe APC has infected FIFA abi ?
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Correcto: 9:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
He did better individually, in which league? How? Do you rate a defender by the number of goals he scored? Messi does not deserve the award. Luca Toni was once a Top scorer but never won FIFA best.
ZinoFasisi:

Barca below standard ~ I agree
Messi below standard measuring by his greatest performance ~ I agree
Others did well ~ by others do u mean VVD and Messi did better than messi individually?
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by jayjay2609: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
is Liverpool coach a national team coach are u high with this view

Dont quote me again if you dont understand what I posted please.. Someone said the liverpool coach voted for messi and so I was trynna correct him that klopp could not have voted since voting was meant for national team coaches only..

I hope you get now
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mac2016:

Compared to 2011/12 season. Last season performance was a lacklustre. 2012 Messi scored 91 goals in a football year. C'mon! Messi has always been better than this year effort!
You want Messi to score 91 goals, 26 assist again...? ? C'mon!
Hope you know that is an all time record by any player in history??

Messi did exceptionally well last season despite having that clown as a coach..

74 out of 96 goals, shocked shocked
That speaks volumes of his contributions..

Also, he scored most freekicks last season...

I don't think another player with a similar stat can be overlooked for any individual awards... Even Ronaldo can't be overlooked if he is a UCL top scorer and an European golden shoe winner.. Just like in 2013!!!

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
WarriAproko:
Beneldo silver played better than ronaldo last season but not recognize. No one played better individual football than Messi last season. This award is individual. Thats how Modric got it last season. MVP world cup.
Thank you.
I was waiting for them to say trophies Ronaldo won should have helped him win so that I can tell them that Benaldo won double of that and was even the MVP of UEFA nations league yet he wasn't nominated because the award is for individual performance.

Messi outplayed everyone last season, the stats are there to see.

Those shouting are not even saying they voted Ronaldo, they said they voted Salah or didn't vote at all so I don't see why Ronaldo's fans are crying.
Maybe it will make them feel good but deep down they understand that he didn't play to achieve the award.

Van Dijk was good but it was a team effort. This award is purely individual.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by johnad3(m): 10:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hope stupid messi fans deh hear now where some of them are saying KING CR7 should take a bow can they now see? Na ojoro go kill FIFA and messi and his fans, shame on you people, una get wetin una wan talk abi? OK deh talk i deh hear
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by SolarHub(m): 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2019
Na wa o

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Deandean: 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:
No coach ever can vote messi. There's no other player in the world that can be scoring against Spain in the world cup canceling all their 3 goals. That alone is incredible and out of this world. Let me not even talk about Liverpool UCL blunder. Of course everyone knows u can't have Ronaldo in a team that needs just a goal to advance and he won't do it. I can bet 1m.

Just a little correction bros,on FIFA website,u will find the full list of all the coaches and captains and who they voted.meanwhile,add the controversial votes to Ronaldo's or Salah,Messi won d title.why shld we listen to d coaches of sudan and Nicaragua ,if they know good football,it'll reflect on there team.1st class coaches and world class players who cant b influenced have always voted Messi for d past 10 years,go n check,if he doesn't get it in any year,its this liberia,sudan,Nicaraguan,Venezuela team that often line up behind Ronaldo in there numbers.laslas,Ronaldo is also a stunning player,if he got it he deserves it too,Messi got it,he Absolutely deserved it.Messi is Pineapple,Ronaldo is Pineapple flavor.Talent is not skill guys.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
eni4real:
I need to post the previous winners of this prestigious award.. And I want all these critics to point out if all of these players are Champion's League winners in those outstanding seasons of theirs!!!

This is an individual award..

It is not an "Origi delivered me" award
It is not a "dribbling avoidance" award
It is not "concussion prevented me from playing second leg" award
It is not "one Match wonder after semi final cameo" award
It is not "afterall, our team won the trophy and I am the class rep of the group" award
It is not "I won trophy for club and country" award

Check the previous winners out for clarification..

Focus more on pre 2007 era for further Education..
you are not bright... VVD was best player in English premiership despite not winning the league yet you are spilling thrash because he is a defender who many of think dont do enough... if defence was easy Barça won't concede 4 goals at anfield
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by ZinoFasisi: 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
Correcto:
He did better individually, in which league? How? Do you rate a defender by the number of goals he scored? Messi does not deserve the award. Luca Toni was once a Top scorer but never won FIFA best.

Goals aside, He has

UCL most Man of The match awards (i.e. he was the best players in more matchs that VVD, there is no defender excuse here cos even keepers win MOTM awards too)

La Liga Most MOTM award
Most chances created in Europe top five leagues
Most free-kick goals (defenders play free kicks too)
La Liga Most Valuable player
UCL best Forward (VVD won best UCL, defender and player tho)
La liga most assits
UCL most man of the week awards (i.e. he performed the best among all players in all teams in UCL in a particular week)

If i con mention the goals
and other goal contributions

what else,

mention VVD's he carry champions league?
or as a defender, mention that special thing VVD did

1 Like

Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by DimIsaac10(m): 10:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
See paid post... Na Messi be Fifa... bad belle people
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by BTCog: 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
I guess INEC helped in conducting the voting. They should check well.
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2019
jayjay2609:

Dont quote me again if you dont understand what I posted please.. Someone said the liverpool coach voted for messi and so I was trynna correct him that klopp could not have voted since voting was meant for national team coaches only..

I hope you get now
who would have quoted that... ? well let's wait for ballon dor when VVD ll collect his true prize Messi won a popular FIFA World Best not a deserved one
Re: FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
you are not bright... VVD was best player in English premiership despite not winning the league yet you are spilling thrash because he is a defender who many of think dont do enough... if defence was easy Barça won't concede 4 goals at anfield
And that is fair right?? VVD did not win the EPL but he is the best player??

But when Messi win an individual award without winning the UCL, then it becomes unfair..

Go through the image again and learn...

This time focus on pre 2007 winner to clear your mind...

EPL is not everything... Henry won the EPL in 2004 in an invincible team and became the best EPL player of the season, yet Ronaldinho won it!!

You can check the last Monday bro! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Iceland: Nigerians, Celebrities React To Super Eagles Win / ..a. / Ahmed Musa’s Expensive Car Collection (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.