Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them (16034 Views)

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? / If These Were Your Kids, How Would You Handle The Situation? (photos) / Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by VillageHead: 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
Na God go help us for this one
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by martowskin1(m): 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
With the kind of idiots we have in NL this days, do u think any of them can bring up a kid that is morally upright?

2 Likes

Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by sphinx58: 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
Good suggestions

1 Like

Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Delson25: 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2019
Nice write up.

1 Like

Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Harrison4adam(m): 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
I really wonder if Tacha was ever raised by a responsible parenting.... Yet, die-hard fans watch her and hail her as being real... Well, may their daughter be real like Tacha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Obasalemu: 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Bbbwings: 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2019
doitforyou:
Agree with most, disagree on these two.

”self defense will reduce rapes” NO. Parents should teach their children to respect other people’s bodies, they aren’t entitled to them. They should be taught No means No and to speak up when they see evil.

Using God as a threat to teach children to be good is not ideal. What happens when the child grows up to be an atheist?
Loud it.

1 Like

Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Bbbwings: 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2019
Remove that God from your list and you're good.

Dont do unto others what you wouldn't accept them doing to you

1 Like

Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by babtoundey(m): 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
dominique:
If the parents are morally bankrupt themselves nko?

The children will be morally bankcrupter.. Simple something

1 Like

Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by nlPoster: 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by 1Sharon(f): 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
OP, you fuckéd up at your last paragraph .
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by mrsfavour(f): 5:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
dominique:
that's the worse part of it. Because you give what you have
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
Absolute bullshiit!! I was raised as Hooligan and a delinquent, i am still here balling.

And i am going to raise my kids as Hooligans and Delinquents too.

Bite My ass! grin

1 Like

Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by themanderon: 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
What if I tell you that most parents today are themselves morally bankrupt. Imagine watching that useless show BBN with highly impressionable kids.
Says a lot about the moral compass of the parents.

2 Likes

Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by odinga1of: 5:59pm On Sep 26, 2019
StrikeBack:
Try not raise your kids in the following areas

1. Ajegunle
2. Okokomaiko
3.Makoko
4. Ogbor hills Aba

That's all .

Don't quote

hahahaha ( add Essi Layout/Iyara Warri) to the list
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by IMASTEX: 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
dominique:
Valid point. The call should be how parents can be more responsible to themselves before talking of extending it
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Brightgem(f): 6:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tina26:
In today's world. its all a game of luck. being over disciple will make them rebellious self
Do you want to leave parenting of ur kids to a game of luck. Something you don't control, you just leave to luck?
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
TheMainMan:
Nairaland has changed o grin
sensible topics making fp all day,,,
Please keep this up o
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Brightgem(f): 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
doitforyou:
Agree with most, disagree on these two.

”self defense will reduce rapes” NO. Parents should teach their children to respect other people’s bodies, they aren’t entitled to them. They should be taught No means No and to speak up when they see evil.

Using God as a threat to teach children to be good is not ideal. What happens when the child grows up to be an atheist?
Agreed. It's another point to add to this post, that children should be taught to respect other people's bodies, but we all already know that even though rules are created people disobey, so there will always be rebels.

What happens if your teenage female daughter knows some self defence techniques and is able to defend herself from rape. That's a plus, for her, her parents and society. That's one person not damaged by rape.

This post never said use God as a threat, but as an extra instruction of obedience. Of course this isn't for those who say they don't believe in God. The majority still do, besides the post already points to the fact that even with the right training kids as adults will still choose their parts. But a solid foundation is necessary through the right parenting.
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Princeofasia: 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
dont marry hoes like tacha or mercy
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Brightgem(f): 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2019
ImmaculateJOE:
I'm sharing this piece on my Facebook wall straight away.

Hope I wont be going against copyrights law?
No you won't. Ofcourse the aim of the post is to get to the eyes of as many as possible. Just be kind enough to add reference www.themoralcodeng.com #winks

1 Like

Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Brightgem(f): 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
calddon:
For me;
Teach them the dangers of social media, 'entertainments' like big brother..and oh! from NairaLand too. grin

Help them to have a proper view of sex according to the Bible not the ones clergies teach from pulpits. angry

But how can we help our children if we are already morally corrupt?.....teach by example wink

Befriend them and Watch their associates closely.

Always hand them over to God in prayer cos it's not easy especially in this our generation
Also very valid points
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by nan1: 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
StrikeBack:
Try not raise your kids in the following areas

1. Ajegunle
2. Okokomaiko
3.Makoko
4. Ogbor hills Aba

That's all .

Don't quote
The bottom line don't raise children in slums cos all your values will go to waste they learn faster by seeing and hearing

2 Likes

Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Brightgem(f): 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
martowskin1:
With the kind of idiots we have in NL this days, do u think any of them can bring up a kid that is morally upright?
Kikikiki! Not everyone on here is morally lax. Only say people wey no get sense dey always overshadow those wey get am.

1 Like

Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Brightgem(f): 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
Bbbwings:
Remove that God from your list and you're good.

Dont do unto others what you wouldn't accept them doing to you
Lolz! When you make ur own list! Remove God. Majority of the world still believe in God. It won't change till the end of time. Please live with it.
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Brightgem(f): 6:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
1Sharon:
OP, you fuckéd up at your last paragraph .
What darling?! You gat beef with God?
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Mryacks: 7:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
Brightgem:
The home is a foundation on which a lot of things about an individual’s life stands. Often times an ill-mannered person is asked the question “who raised you?”

By observation, one can say that kids who did not have present and active parents in their lives often times than not have a twisted kind of life.

Parenting is guidance, parenting is support, parenting is devotion, it’s a whole lot of things. With the kind of adults we see these days I believe there is such a thing as dangerous parenting.

So what are some tips parents can employ to avoid raising morally bankrupt kids?

THE CONTENT IN OUR HOMES

In this digital age, what content are kids being exposed to right in the homes? I recall a friend’s annoyance at seeing his nieces and nephews watching the famous Big Brother Naija with their mum. This is a show that many adults don’t even see the need to watch as it barely has anything of value to offer and showcases ill-behaved persons and immoral acts, yet a mother didn’t deem it wrong to watch this along with her kids.

Some leave adult movies lying around carelessly, some do not check what content their kids are watching. A conscious and responsible parent should see and screen the content in form of movies, cartoons and the likes they intend for viewing by their kids to avoid exposure to the wrong content their little minds cannot understand.

TEACHING THEM RED FLAGS TO LOOK OUT FOR IN PEOPLE

It’s not okay for a parent to feel uncomfortable discussing what they think are intimate issues with their kids. In this increasingly perverted world, kids need to be taught what “private parts” mean. It is for you as an individual to protect so that no one violates your body, kids should be made to understand this fact. There are too many damaged adults who were not protected from sexual harassment as children, because these kids didn’t even know what harassment or abuse was.

Kids should be taught to stop adults from calling them things like “my wife” or “my husband” by making it clear to persons who refer to them as such that their parents have said it’s inappropriate. Kids should be taught to clean and bathe themselves early enough to reduce the chances or need to have others do this for them, as this is often the periods where sexual abuse spring from. Kids should be taught when a seeming play from an adult or fellow child is crossing the line, either crossing the line verbally or physically.

BASIC COURTESY AND MANNERS

A child taught properly and given guidance shows good manners. Kids should be taught to greet their peers and adults alike. They should be taught to clean after themselves as it makes them more responsible at an early age. They should be taught table manners, taught to thank their parents or providers after a meal, after a gift or after a service rendered them. This teaches them gratefulness rather than entitlement, which is a problem with many adults in today’s world.

REWARD FOR GOOD DEEDS & PUNISHMENT FOR BAD ACTIONS

Some parents accept and condone all behaviors their kids’ exhibit. So much that onlookers or strangers get irritated and annoyed when a kid is not disciplined. Good deeds should be acknowledged and rewarded by parents, if not rewarded all the time to avoid a kid thinking they must always get rewarded, then a good deed must always be acknowledged as good, this spurs a child to aspire for even more good.

Same goes for wrong doing, a child that gets away with wrong doing all the time is going to be a very irresponsible adult that never sees the wrong in their actions, no matter how much you try to make them see it.

RULES AND HOME TRAINING ARE NOT FOR GIRLS ALONE

This picture below is self-explanatory on this point, too many parents focus more or solely on their female children. Wrong!

MORE KIDS NEED TO LEARN SELF DEFENSE

Since the dangers around us in society is increasing, it’s a good idea to teach kids self-defense at an early age. They can attend karate or taekwondo classes. This they can keep learning into teenage hood. There would be lesser female victims of rape if self-defense is learned by the majority especially at an early age.

UNDERSTAND THE DEITY CALLED GOD

The homes scream religion but lack God Consciousness. A child that understands obedience to God will respect and obey their parents either in their presence or in their absence.

Too many homes now also pay attention to materialism rather than values. Good values are being lost every day. Teach children early in life the cost of good and evil, the reward with God for good and the punishment with God for evil and prohibited acts. Kids who understand that beyond this life is another life and we will give account to God.

Parenting is tough, and in the end individuals have the responsibility of deciding what they make of their lives as adults. However it is very important to have this solid foundation. Just as life is unpredictable, anything could happen and parents sometimes die and leave their kids behind, the lessons taught these kids. The voices of their parents is what remains with them for a long time to come.

Visit www.themoralcodeng.com to see more posts on basic morals, values, ethics and more.

Well written article and great advice. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Brightgem(f): 7:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
gypsey:
Absolute bullshiit!! I was raised as Holigan and a delinquent, i am still here balling.

And i am going to raise my kids as Holigans and Delinquents too.

Bite My ass! grin
Kikikiki! This is serious. We hail thee in thy hooliganic endeavors!
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Brightgem(f): 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mryacks:

Well written article and great advice. Thanks
Thanks for reading
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by 1Sharon(f): 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
Brightgem:
What darling?! You gat beef with God?

Majority of nigerians already believe in God. Nigerians are too bloody religion, with nothing to show.
Re: Morally Bankrupt Kids – How To Avoid Raising Them by Yankee101: 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2019
Like flog them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MY FEARS ARE GETTING REAL. / Ways Of Preventing Teenage Waywardness? / Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.