Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims (9428 Views)

Pantami Orders Deactivation Of Automatic Voicemails On Existing Phone Lines / Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards / NCC Void 63.2 Percent Registered Sims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by Despirado121(m): 5:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has started the deactivation of 2.24million improperly registered Sim cards, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV recalls that the minister of Communications, Dr. Ibrahim Pantami on September, 16 ordered the deactivation of improperly registered SIM cards in use around the country.

The minister described the development as a security risk to the nation, saying that the Commission having rectified 6.775m out of the original 9.2m improperly registered sim cards, should proceed to cut off the remaining number.

He noted that sim cards are usually involved in most of the crimes committed in the country.

A Nigerian man who has been affected by the recent development took to popular micro-blogging platform, Twitter to confirm that the NCC has started its planned deactivation of improperly registered SIM cards.

“It seems @DrIsaPantami have started oooo me just got this on my phone” he wrote.

https://twitter.com/kabirjibril1/status/1177216541215154181?s=19

http://igberetvnews.com/1025404/ncc-begins-deactivation-of-improperly-registered-sims/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by GavelSlam: 5:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
Very good.

1 Like

Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by Anasko(m): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
this is highly commendable from the minister.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by opportunes: 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2019
good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by chibike69: 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
cool
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by Halexgos3(m): 6:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
Good
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by Citytrend: 6:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
Really It appear we prefer Going round our problem in this country than trying to solve it.

Maybe someone should remind the NCC that this is a National Security issue we talked about here

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsAp
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by ehirosplusbiz(m): 6:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
They should check properly before deactivation, make them no go deactivate my own

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by IMASTEX: 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
Okay
But when will they deactivate themselves for not deactivating those scam network providers that are still calling weekly data subscription monthly. Forcing your line into the plan that you didn't request.

15 Likes

Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by earthgirl(f): 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
#ThePurge
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by brushesz: 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
Okay
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by lyriclekidd(m): 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
Okay
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by VirginSearcher(m): 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
They leave important issues bothering the country to do rubb1sh
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by A305: 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
Pointless when Sim is been given by the roadside for free and those are even pre-registered.

Never heard the Nigeria police say they caught a criminal by their registered sim, check my sig for that cheap clean vehicle.
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by Racoon(m): 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
Nice one!
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
Still changes nothing. How many info dey genuine out there?
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by Cantonese: 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2019
Lordneez:
CALL NOW: 07080474933
*�List of our estates�*
*Lexington Gardens Sangotedo Lekki,* Close to Shoprite. Instant allocation. Buy and Build. ₦19m per plot.

*Grand Lux Estate,* Bule Pan - Sapati, Lekki. Instant allocation. Buy and Build. ₦4.5m per plot.

*Amity Estate, Sangotedo, Lekki.* Well Developed, Instant Allocation, Buy and Build,3 years Payment Plan. Promo Price: ₦9.6m per plot(300sqm), ₦16m per plot(500sqm)

*Bella Homes Phase 1 & 2, Orchid road area, Close to Chevron Toll gate axis, Lekki*. 3 bedroom Terrace Duplex with BQ. ₦33m.

*Creek Avenue Court Phase 2, Ikota Lekki,* 4 Bedroom Semi detached Duplex with BQ. Discounted Price: ₦45m. 12 months plan: ₦48m.

*Creek Avenue Court Phase 2, Ikota Lekki,* Fully detached 4 Bedroom Duplex with BQ. Discounted Price: ₦50m. 12 months plan: ₦53m.

*Creek Avenue Court Phase 1 Ikota Lekki,* Exotically finished 4 Bedroom Semi detached Duplex with BQ. Promo Price: ₦45m.

*Daniel's Gardens Osapa London Lekki,* Brand New 4 Bedroom Semi detached Duplex with BQ. Discounted Price: ₦56m.

*Eli Court, Chevron Alternative Road, Lekki,* Luxury finished 4 Bedroom Semi detached Duplex with BQ. Special Promo Price: ₦59m.

**Eli Court, Chevron Alternative Road, Lekki,* Fully Detached 4 Bedroom Duplex with BQ. Special Promo Price: ₦69m.

*Vegas Court Extension, Adjacent Dunamis Church, Airport road, Lugbe Abuja.* ₦5m per plot.

*Cloud9 Estate Kuje Abuja.* ₦3.5m per plot (500sqm). ₦4m per plot (650sqm).

*Tayan Homes Kuje Abuja.* ₦2.5m per plot.

*10,000 Smiles Estate, behind Centenary City, Kuje Abuja.* Off plan project: 2 BR Terrace Bungalow ₦7.5m, 3 BR Terrace Bungalow ₦9.5m, 3 BR Terrace Duplex ₦14.5, 4 BR fully Detached Duplex ₦24.5m.

*Future Homes Kuje Abuja.* ₦400,000 per plot (500sqm). ₦500,000 per plot (650sqm)

*PP ESTATE, Jabi Airport road, Abuja.* Luxury finished 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex with BQ. Discounted Price: ₦60m. 24 months plan: ₦50m. Construction ongoing.

*PP ESTATE, Jabi Airport road, Abuja.* Exquisite 3 bedroom terrace duplex. Discounted Price: ₦35m. 24 months plan: ₦35m. Construction Ongoing.

*PP ESTATE, Jabi Airport road, Abuja.* Top notch 5 bedroom semi detached duplex with guest room. Discounted Price: ₦60m. 24 months plan: ₦60m. Construction Ongoing.

*PP ESTATE, Jabi Airport road, Abuja.* 5 Bedroom fully detached duplex with bq. Discounted Price: ₦70m. 24 months plan: ₦70m. Construction Ongoing.

*PP ESTATE, Guzape, Opposite coza , Abuja.* 3 Bedroom luxury flat with bq. Discounted Price: ₦50m. 24 months plan: ₦50m. Almost Completed.

*PTECH Estate, Life Camp, Abuja.* 5 Bedroom terrace duplex with box room and study room. Discounted Price: ₦50m

One day very soon you agents will tell us that EPE lands are in Lekki. You”ll tell us to enter bus to CMS, take Ajah, take Sangotedo, go straight, continue, follow that round about, have you passed Chevron? Na so until one day na Epe go be final bus stop all because one wants to live in Lekki.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
Useless NCC
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by spiritedtete: 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ignorantly... alot of people don't understand the benefit of proper sim registration info.. it is a big step in combing insecurity issues in the nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by slawomir: 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
Okay
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by meobizy(f): 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
They want to do it again. Every time they always deactivate my SIMs saying it wasn’t registered properly. I don’t know why, maybe MTN enjoys seeing my face. I go through the right routes all the time only to end up getting deactivated. I guess the exercise keeps their employees in tip-top shape, I guess.
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by lizdammy: 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2019
No wonder some lines are saying switched off now. cheesy

1 Like

Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
Are you in ph,are you in need of high definition movies,do you need hard drive with movies and software inside?check my signature
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by islandmoon: 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
anyone who complained about bubu online phone number is improperly registered I guess
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by captianfreeman(m): 7:13pm On Sep 26, 2019
If I may ask, what constitute improper registration of sim card?
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by CyberEBOLA(m): 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ok
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by Abuloma80(f): 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
Despirado121:
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has started the deactivation of 2.24million improperly registered Sim cards, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV recalls that the minister of Communications, Dr. Ibrahim Pantami on September, 16 ordered the deactivation of improperly registered SIM cards in use around the country.

The minister described the development as a security risk to the nation, saying that the Commission having rectified 6.775m out of the original 9.2m improperly registered sim cards, should proceed to cut off the remaining number.

He noted that sim cards are usually involved in most of the crimes committed in the country.

A Nigerian man who has been affected by the recent development took to popular micro-blogging platform, Twitter to confirm that the NCC has started its planned deactivation of improperly registered SIM cards.

“It seems @DrIsaPantami have started oooo me just got this on my phone” he wrote.

https://twitter.com/kabirjibril1/status/1177216541215154181?s=19

http://igberetvnews.com/1025404/ncc-begins-deactivation-of-improperly-registered-sims/

Yes oh! That's Dr. Sheik Isa Ali Pantami (Hon. Minister for Communication) at work. Let's all keep our fingers crossed and watch how positively this ministry is going to evolve with an England PhD ICT at the helm of it's affairs. Believe you me, with a little budget for that ministry, expect wonders. Because every kobo will go solely for the purpose ment for. Carry on Sheik, The Almighty God is with you.

3 Likes

Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
Welcome development.

1 Like

Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by 198800Mam(m): 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
[color=#000099]IT LONG OVER DUE, NCC KINDLY KEEP IT
Re: NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims by 198800Mam(m): 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
captianfreeman:
If I may ask, what constitute improper registration of sim card?

LET SAY BUYING A PRE REGISTERED SIM FROM ALL THOSE HUCKERS ON THE ROAD OR IN SIDE MARKET

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

HOT! Tecno Y5 – Discussion Thread / Anti Inadvertently Mode, Pls Help / Whatsapp Accidently Confirms New Feature That Many Users Really Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.