Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office (27553 Views)

Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger / Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" / Julius Berger Installs Live Camera On The 2nd Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by maasoap(m): 8:21am On Sep 27, 2019
DesChyko:

You're talking bollocks. That's why your politicians can promise all manner of unfeasible rubbish and get away with it. If there was a memorandum of understanding, it should be honoured.
So because it is an FG project, the world should bow at their every whim?
Whatever they foresaw that made them enter an agreement with the locals, it is wrong to go against them without at least giving reasons.
It's obvious because it is not your tribe, that's why you're turning a blind eye.

Locals could be lying for all what we knew so far. Did you hear that new man saying that their demand is complicated? That's is SS and SE people mindset for you, both youth and elders. They're all the same when it comes to harassing the contractors working on infrastructural development projects in the regions. No be today. An average Niger Delta like you would prefer the project to stop over short term peanuts to long term benefits

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by alphaNomega: 8:22am On Sep 27, 2019
Look at all the years it takes to build a mere bridge in a black community!!! If all the black people on earth could be wiped out at the push of a button, the world would be a better place.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Anambralstson: 8:26am On Sep 27, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Keep on bringing out posts.

They are protesting against government acquisition WITHOUT compensation which is against the Land Use Act, your chiefs are protesting that they be allowed to work as slaves, servants and manual labourers.

Them take am swear for una?
Otondo your region is worst

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by maasoap(m): 8:31am On Sep 27, 2019
verifiablefacts:
Host community wahala,had an experience once, where CLO(community liaison officer) demanded to supply diesel fuel to our facility. The problem was,the guy will supply it in the day, steals same in the night.And if we complain, they shuts our office entrance with palm leaves and Fanta bottle.

Lol. Their wahala and sense of entitlements is out of this world! And they don't really care if the project is abandoned, they don't. The worst area in Nigeria is Niger Delta region

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by farem: 8:31am On Sep 27, 2019
VirginSearcher:
Non-existent project.. APC and propaganda angry

Even when the host communities are only fighting for due and non-discriminatory employment opportunity, (and NEVER on whether the project exists or not) the spiritual entity in your has held down your reasoning.
Selective blindness is a curse!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by farem: 8:32am On Sep 27, 2019
VirginSearcher:

Even when the host communities are only fighting for due and non-discriminatory employment opportunity, (and NEVER on whether the project exists or not) the spiritual entity in you has held down your reasoning.
Selective blindness is a curse!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by zikter(m): 8:33am On Sep 27, 2019
ornicus:

I am constructing a road that is solely for the benefit of your fuckin-g village. I am not building a hotel or petrol station or shopping mall I will make money from. It is a structure purely for your own benefit. Your villagers should be rolling out the red carpet for my guys by day and the mgbekes by night

Instead you are coming to demand that we basically bribe you to execute a project that is solely for the benefit of your village. Entitled jokers.
That is what I am trying to point out. A MOU can exist between the contractor and host communities, its intended for good working relationship. However, because of the so many wrongs in our values, the communities in most cases imbibe a false sense of entitlement, become lazy and complacent on the roles offered to them as well as arm twist contractors. If you ask me, I will rather say there is no need for this drama and even a MOU on the stated grievances. Of course if one considers the huge long term benefits of this project, then all hands should have been on deck to ensure its completion. Too much politics has already been played on this project and with resumption of work now, all should only ensure completion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by CoolAmbience(m): 8:48am On Sep 27, 2019
VirginSearcher:

When will you leave the hole you are in and move out?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Area4Area: 8:52am On Sep 27, 2019
If this case is about getting "Dévé"(Development levy) from the company as practiced in so many Niger Delta communities then those in Anambra should desist from it, those communities from Delta state had learnt it from their cousins in the creeks, ndi Anambra don't do Dévé because they love development of their domain without any silly bribes.
I won't say much anyway because the company hasn't issued any statement yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by omenka(m): 8:52am On Sep 27, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Bro, I'm not making mouth, in my few years spent on this life, I have made more money than your father.

The amount of money I use to buy diesel in my gen in the office monthly is more than your mothers dowry.

If you eat what my dogs eat, your brain would function properly and stop typing nonsense like the one in bold.

Bros, forget story. If you doubt me, send me a PM let's meet offline. Let me show you life, not the one your father is fighting in Onitsha to be allowed to carry headpan.
Guy you dey take the matter too personal. Shooo!!! shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by omenka(m): 8:57am On Sep 27, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

Am so happy for you..

Pple like God will show example.. teach you humility and how to treat others no matter what you think u got in life.

God will show u soon..

That your diesel and office can disappear anytime..
And u forget God gives life abi?
You were the one that threw the first punch at Wickedfacts, now look how humble you've become.

Una go just dey online dey talk anyhow like say everybody na una mates. You guys should learn to exercise some level of decency when engaging people you dont know on an anonymous platform. It never hurts nobody to be courteous you know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by MERCHANDISER: 9:00am On Sep 27, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Bro, I'm not making mouth, in my few years spent on this life, I have made more money than your father.

The amount of money I use to buy diesel in my gen in the office monthly is more than your mothers dowry.

If you eat what my dogs eat, your brain would function properly and stop typing nonsense like the one in bold.

Bros, forget story. If you doubt me, send me a PM let's meet offline. Let me show you life, not the one your father is fighting in Onitsha to be allowed to carry headpan.

see how as you finish the pdp(ipob) miscreant cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by CoolAmbience(m): 9:01am On Sep 27, 2019
Anambralstson:

The project is fully on, I was at the site on Wednesday, they were on site working full-time forget media propaganda

I have been to that project site severally. It is work in progress.

Don't mind the guy, he's not feeling fine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by GavelSlam: 9:09am On Sep 27, 2019
alphaNomega:
Look at all the years it takes to build a mere bridge in a black community!!! If all the black people on earth could be wiped out at the push of a button, the world would be a better place.

Go and look for another forum you dolt.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by mfm04622: 9:17am On Sep 27, 2019
lawalosky:
This J.B can be so selfish and naive at times,
You are constructing a federal government project in my fatherland.. And you don't want my people to benefit out of it, what nonsense. angry angry angry

Who will the project benefit when it is finished? Not you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by hakeem4(m): 9:25am On Sep 27, 2019
bluke:

they lost their colonies cos they were defeated in the 2 world wars
okay, thank you for the knowledge. But I was talking about otto von Bismarck he actually disliked colonialism
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Iziquiel(m): 9:40am On Sep 27, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

Am so happy for you..

Pple like God will show example.. teach you humility and how to treat others no matter what you think u got in life.

God will show u soon..

That your diesel and office can disappear anytime..
And u forget God gives life abi?
Lol.. This ur comment make me laugh. Bt na you first call am hungry fool na, you even insult him family. Wetin come bring humility and God matter after he tell you him own?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by cooooooks(m): 10:16am On Sep 27, 2019
Why do some idiots in this country love oppression?

Wickedfacts:

Where do you see thugs on FG project sites in Lagos?

See, let Ndigbo better call these greedy paupers to order. If they allow this nonsense to continue, it would affect the project on the long run.

Lagos Ibadan is almost completed, same with Lagos Ibadan rail line, they are now moving to Badagry expressway.

FG should rise to the occasion and mobilize soldiers to the site. The project must be completed and greedy thieves should be shot.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by ifyboy60(m): 11:13am On Sep 27, 2019
hakeem4:

well, i have noticed something about the Aryan race ( germans and austrians), they have this superiority complex that their race is the most superior race on the surface of planet earth. Probably that is why they transferred their colonies to other countries.

i believe their superiority mentality is what is making them a great nation

they didn't transfer their colonies o.
they lost it after they were beaten black and blue in ww1 and ww2. they nearly killed all Namibians during that period. they could be heartless to non Aryans
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by DesChyko: 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2019
texazzpete:

Any idea on the details of the MOU you claim Julius Berger flouted, or this is just you gullibly swallowing what the communities are saying.

Unfortunately, you are talking about the existence of an MOU which you've been denying the existence all along with your comments.
A wiser stance would be to claim there was no MOU or to give details of the MOU that vindicates FG/JB in this case.
While I was judging based on the fact that the MOU must be honoured, you were claiming they had no case.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by DesChyko: 1:09pm On Sep 27, 2019
maasoap:

Locals could be lying for all what we knew so far. Did you hear that new man saying that their demand is complicated? That's is SS and SE people mindset for you, both youth and elders. They're all the same when it comes to harassing the contractors working on infrastructural development projects in the regions. No be today. An average Niger Delta like you would prefer the project to stop over short term peanuts to long term benefits

The bias is the reason I will ignore you.

You possibly can't think straight if you, like others I mentioned here, can actually throw baseless claims like this with careless abandon
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by NGpatriot: 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2019
What's more important, the bridge and long term economic lifeline or MOU?

The bridge that was promised 40 years ago and used to collect your votes is now getting built, but these greedy and thoughtless people are derailing the project.

Very soon, they'll start shouting marginalization after marginalizing themselves.

Self defeating and shortsighted people, always working against themselves and their collective interest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Okoroawusa: 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2019
9jayes:
2nd niger bridge is a scam
We don hear

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Anambralstson: 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
NGpatriot:
What's more important, the bridge and long term economic lifeline or MOU?

The bridge that was promised 40 years ago and used to collect your votes is now getting built, but these greedy and thoughtless people are derailing the project.

Very soon, they'll start shouting marginalization after marginalizing themselves.

Self defeating and shortsighted people, always working against themselves and their collective interest.

Soon the table will turn, I hope you still remember how you guys were shouting marginalization during Goodluck team, even Argbesola blamed non payment of workers salary on Goodluck after borrowing hopelessly which the state is still suffering today, it's just temporal it will turn grin

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by NGpatriot: 3:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
[s]
Anambralstson:

Soon the table will turn, I hope you still remember how you guys were shouting marginalization during Goodluck team, if Argbesola blamed non payment of workers salary on Goodluck after borrowing hopelessly which the state is still suffering today, it's just temporal it will turn grin
[/s]

Stop the gibberish and stick to topic..

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2019
VirginSearcher:
.... Aeyaaa ! Who did this to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2019
omenka:
You were the one that threw the first punch at Wickedfacts, now look how humble you've become.

Una go just dey online dey talk anyhow like say everybody na una mates. You guys should learn to exercise some level of decency when engaging people you dont know on an anonymous platform. It never hurts nobody to be courteous you know.

am so sorry Sir

forgive my manners

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2019
Iziquiel:

Lol.. This ur comment make me laugh. Bt na you first call am hungry fool na, you even insult him family. Wetin come bring humility and God matter after he tell you him own?

sorry Sir

pardon me bro

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by nextstep(m): 4:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
lawalosky:
This J.B can be so selfish and naive at times,
You are constructing a federal government project in my fatherland.. And you don't want my people to benefit out of it, what nonsense. angry angry angry

It's not up to JB to give anybody anything. They have been contracted by FG to do a project, they are delivering, according to the terms in the contract. Host communities should talk with their own government so that they can include local content in the contract in the first place. These people should not frustrate the contractor abeg... we need work on the bridge to continue without interruption.

My experience in Delta (and Nigeria in general) is that you will be frustrated on your project unless you settle local chieftains, "youths", and various councils... and it's not as if these communities have experts that will contribute anything concrete to the bridge. angry

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by omenka(m): 5:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

am so sorry Sir

forgive my manners
It's all good. No hard feelings. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
omenka:
It's all good. No hard feelings. God bless you.

iseeeeee ooo
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by IamAtikulate: 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2019
Firstcitizen:
This is how they frustrate projects that are meant to help them just because of peanuts they will get from the contractors.

It's only in Nigeria you try to help someone and the person starts to cheat you in the process of helping him. Them do the country.

Leadership is not Nigeria's problem but the people.
You are one of the problems of this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Ademola Adeleke's Campaign Starts Today At Iwo Land (Photos) / Ohaneze Tells Rev. Mbaka To Stop Giving Spiritual Poison / Bianca Ojukwu Graduates From Alfonso El-Sabio University In Spain With M.sc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.