Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Things To Do When You Feel Overlooked Or Forgotten - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things To Do When You Feel Overlooked Or Forgotten (261 Views)

Can The Past Life Of A Lady Truly Be Overlooked ? / Women, How Do You Feel When You Love A Man But Can't Tell Him? / Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things To Do When You Feel Overlooked Or Forgotten by Adriel3: 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2019
Rejection is one of life’s golden opportunities. Most of us understand the negative aspects of rejection, the part that thrives on our insecurities, bets against our potential and discourages our dreams. But few of us are taught how to embrace the positive aspects of rejection.
Right now you are probably thinking, surely I misunderstood. Are you telling me rejection is a good thing? Rejection is one of life’s golden opportunities. When you are feeling overlooked and forgotten, here are four things you can do to ease the pain and transform:
1. Use rejection to your advantage.
Those who transform rejection and use it to their advantage, understand rejection is not about experiencing loss but discovering who or what qualifies for your future. They also view rejection as an opportunity to further understand God’s love, human relationships, and inner strength. Consider these essential truths about rejection:
• Rejection is simply the reaction or opinion of another person.
• Rejection is powerless without your cooperation.
• Rejection is a friend who withholds no secrets, exposes all enemies and closes every wrong door.
• Rejection is confirmation you possess an achievable dream.
• Rejection reveals those persons incapable of distinguishing your personal worth.
• Rejection is a guide, leading you away from dead-end relationships while directing you towards healthy and positive relationships.
• How you respond to rejection reflects your self-worth.
• Rejection exposes who or what does not belong in your future.
• Rejection reveals who is intimidated by your potential.
• Rejection is motivation to go in a new direction.

2. Know God is close.
The desire to hear unspoken words of affirmation can be tormenting. There is a great lession when we will read the story of Joseph. When I think of the unnecessary heartache, he went through a sigh of empathy escapes my lips. If you’ve been pushed into dark places, by people you love you understand the pain I’m referring to. Sometimes the heaviest sorrows we carry, were placed on us by the people we love most.
Maybe you have wondered where God is in your situation. Not in an accusing way, but in a “Why-haven’t-you-shown-up-yet?” kind of way.
Sometimes when we go through deep trials, just having a friend show up and sit beside us brings comfort. They don’t have to bring words of wisdom; their presence speaks volumes about her loyalty. This could be true of our Father. We don’t have to hear His voice in order to feel His presence.

(1) (Reply)

Do Nairalanders Overreact To Everything? / Help A Friend / Communication In Relationships: How To Improve Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.