Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

When Did America Became World Power? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Did America Became World Power? (785 Views)

When Did You Decide Your Relationship Was Over? / How And When Did You Realize That Your Girlfriend Loved You For Real? / When Did You Decide That The Relationship Was Over? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did America Became World Power? by 1stbest(m): 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2019
I was discussing with my friends about it , some said it was in 1800s why some said they became world power after the second world war .
I need someone to give us an answer with a tangible backup.
Re: When Did America Became World Power? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2019
This affair is not current.
Re: When Did America Became World Power? by HarunaWest(m): 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2019
1stbest:
I was discussing with my friends about it , some said it was in 1800s why some said they became world power after the second world war .
I need someone to give us an answer with a tangible backup.
The day they used atomic bomb to destroy Hiroshima.... Before then,the world powers were Austria,Germany, Japan,France,U.S.S.R a d Britain.. They were far technologically advanced than the rest o the world

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Did America Became World Power? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2019
That should be the early 1900s.
Re: When Did America Became World Power? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
After the second world war in 1945
Also the cold war which started after the second world war and ended in 1991 affirmed the US position as a super power and world police.
Re: When Did America Became World Power? by drips8(m): 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2019
It was after world war two that the United States was seen the world power but some people believe that it is the USSR which is mostly Russia today.

During the 1800s, it was mostly the European nations like England, France, Portugal and Spain.
Re: When Did America Became World Power? by 1stbest(m): 9:44pm On Sep 27, 2019
Re: When Did America Became World Power? by Jokerman(m): 4:28am On Sep 28, 2019
The day America divided USSR grin

1 Like

Re: When Did America Became World Power? by themaestro08(m): 6:37am On Sep 28, 2019
Re: When Did America Became World Power? by themaestro08(m): 6:39am On Sep 28, 2019
To the best of my knowledge the USA was already a great power right from the start of the 19th century. But became a superpower after the second world war. However, the colaspe of the former USSR sealed it position as the sole superpower in the world.
Re: When Did America Became World Power? by 1stbest(m): 6:46am On Sep 28, 2019
Jokerman:
The day America divided USSR grin
that means, in 1800s it was the Great Britain, France, Germany, Japan?,USSR= Russia (that is why Russia and US still enemies? and Co,,,

then after the second world war they became world power ,1945 .
Re: When Did America Became World Power? by ehinmowo: 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2019
America sealed her position as the world leader after the second world war. In addition, the UN Charter, gives US some powers in the world that no other country has.

However, US rise to prominence was systemically built. in 1800, when US bought Alaska from Russia. That singular act give US access to prominent areas and enabled her to be able to wage war against Russia more easily if the need arises, using that corridor.

Through long instigation, incitement and divisive approaches, US government achievement her aim of weakening the mighty USSR through division, which was the only problem to US aim of becoming sole superpower.

Is US still as powerful? Yes. With defenss budget of over $500bn (more than one quarter of the worth of the Africa continent, which has cumulative GDP of about $2 trillion.) and millitary strength of over 2 million, She can successfully wage war against many countries at once and can EFFORTLESSLY defeat the Africa continent in war (provided there are no other interference). China is crawling behind with defense budget of $135bn and Russia sleeping at a position of $60bn defense budget.

giving the size, population and the technologies available to China and Russia, it is almost impossible to defend themselves 100% if a full scale war ever emanate between them, at least for now.

5 Likes

Re: When Did America Became World Power? by 1stbest(m): 6:41pm On Sep 28, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Happy Val / 14 Comments Runz Gals Should Consider “red Flag” / Bachelors In Diaspora (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.