Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,597 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others (11708 Views)

Mobilisation: How Undercover Reporter Breached Our System To Enrol Twice – NYSC / ERROR: NYSC Pays N39,600 To Some Corps Members As November Allowance / Fg, Nysc, Pays June 2018 Allowance To Aggrieved Corp Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by tainam: 5:11am On Sep 29, 2019
The National Youth Service Corps has paid one million insurance cover to the family of Precious Owolabi, the Channels Television reporter and serving corps member, who was shot dead during a bloody protest by members of Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN) in Abuja in July. The scheme has also processed and paid the families of two corps members-Okanlawon Ibrahim and Ibisaki Amachree who died during the conduct of the 2019 general elections.

Amachree was killed during the February 23, 2019 presidential election in Rivers State while Okanlawon died in a boat mishap in Ondo while serving as an ad hoc work deployed by the Independent National Electoral Commission during the House of Assembly elections. The NYSC, had in a letter dated July 30th and sighted by our reporter, directed the insurance company engaged by the federal government on behalf of the scheme to process one million insurance benefit to the next of kin of the late Owolabi.

The insurance benefit was paid to Beracah Owolabi, the next of kin to the late Owolabi, by the insurance company on behalf of the NYSC. Beracah confirmed the payment of the amount to our reporter through telephone in Abuja. She said: “Yes they have made the payment to us. The payment was done in August.”

However, a top source at the NYSC told our reporter that the Independent National Electoral Commission was yet to pay Okanlawon and Amichree their insurance benefits as stipulated in the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) the scheme had with INEC. The source explained that INEC was supposed to provide a temporary insurance cover for corps members who served as ad hoc staff during elections. When our reporter contacted the National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, INEC, Festus Okoye, last week Sunday to find out if the commission have processed any insurance benefit for the slain corps members, he promised to get back to the reporter on Tuesday.

Also, the Chief Press Secretary to the INEC Chairman, Rotimi Oyekanmi, in a Whatsapp message, only said: “The commission has an insurance package for the corps members serving as Ad-Hoc staff during elections and we have a history of responding compassionately when corps members or any ad-Hoc staff is injured or killed. Also, INEC sent a delegation led by Mr Patrick Uzoka, an Electoral Officer to condole with the family of Mrs Ibisaki Amachree who lost her life in Rivers State during the February 23 Presidential Election.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/nysc-pays-n1m-insurance-compensation-to-late-channels-tv-reporter-two-others/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by tainam: 5:12am On Sep 29, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by Oner13466: 5:30am On Sep 29, 2019
Its quite unfortunate. Am glad becos they didnt sweep this under the carpet.

4 Likes

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by Criticaltemp: 6:26am On Sep 29, 2019
Only 1million

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by JustHector(m): 6:27am On Sep 29, 2019
1million naira? For what abeg...smh

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 6:27am On Sep 29, 2019
only? shithole amount

maybe its monthly or yearly

but that money will just cover funeral costs

they should have just kept their miserable money instead of giving such embarrassing amount

na human being or chicken die??

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by Maximatic(m): 6:27am On Sep 29, 2019
embarassed
Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 29, 2019
Not less than 200 million should be paid.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by Vicogrin(m): 6:28am On Sep 29, 2019
bleeped up country

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by Jayslicky: 6:28am On Sep 29, 2019
Bad decision, 1million is too low to cover the damage done.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by Maximatic(m): 6:28am On Sep 29, 2019
Order your Powerbanks, independence day promo for Romoss Powerbanks....... Contact signature
Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by Sandydayziz(f): 6:28am On Sep 29, 2019
Insurance? Welcome development
But 1million naira? Come on, u can do better. undecided

4 Likes

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by Badmod: 6:29am On Sep 29, 2019
Not the proper way to handle this.
Compensation is good.
But what happens to investigations first?
How can inexperienced graduate be given such assignment...
NYSC should investigate first,maybe the guy took up the task by himself or He was assigned to it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by kolafolabi(m): 6:31am On Sep 29, 2019
1m is a slap to the family.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by Hotzone(m): 6:31am On Sep 29, 2019
Chai, 1m for person wey kpai for the kwontiri

1 Like

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by showafrica(m): 6:33am On Sep 29, 2019
ThisCouldBeUs:
Not less than 200 million should be paid.

I wonder oo, someone is paying tacha 50m for been disqualified and FG is paying her candidates 1m for dying. Nysc, I no do again...

17 Likes

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by iPhoneRepairer: 6:36am On Sep 29, 2019
₦1 million is too little an amount. I'm sure someone has stolen the money somewhere

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by funmike83(f): 6:38am On Sep 29, 2019
Nysc is shameless. How can they pay 1m and still be publisizing it. If it happened to any of their family, would they have taken it ?
That was how I had a bike accident during my service year and broke my leg, this foolish nysc did nothing . the officials were just coming to see updates. No medical bill, nothing . this program is just an avenue for some pple to enrich themselves. Shikena.
They should scrap it .

11 Likes

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by haryothosyn93(m): 6:38am On Sep 29, 2019
I am expecting to fix up one of the deceased person into federal govt work so to give a bit relief to the family but to be sincere with ourselves, 1m is nothing but I figure before we know it... it has finished.

I pray that God will console the family of the late person!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by mctfopt: 6:39am On Sep 29, 2019
That's a paltry sum. Not that money could bring him back. But at least they should pay an amount that may help offset some bills and other things. Damn. This is beyond sad.

4 Likes

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 29, 2019
1M?
The tuition fees he paid from Kg to 500level should be over 1m.
The daily allowance he got from his his parents right from creche till the death period should be over 5M.
The feeding right from when he was a kid..lasan.. that one is uncalculatable!
His clothing, his housing, his dreams,the joy of watching him grow. All these are over 50M.

And his parents were consoled with just 1M? for real?

Chill, OH GOD! his burial alone would cost close to 1M.

If you won't be consoling the family, please do not mock them with an annoying compensation.

God help all youth in this country, God guide us and lead us aright!!!!

The only NYSC budget, they could only cough out 1M? 1M that any boss could single handedly drop

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by Deepfeel(m): 6:51am On Sep 29, 2019
Only if the knew how much it cost to train that young man from primary school to university, cry

4 Likes

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by Gwagone: 6:51am On Sep 29, 2019
This is nonsense nah
Do you know how corpers are gone during service?
No compensation for them
1milli, this is painful

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by Gwagone: 6:56am On Sep 29, 2019
The guy is dead but tacha is still alive and at the same time smelling
I am done with this country
Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by awa(m): 7:00am On Sep 29, 2019
One month of the guy's salary if he were to be alive
Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by mercyviv(f): 7:09am On Sep 29, 2019
Just 1million, for a life so full of prospect! It is well.
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

1 Like

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by BigboysZ(m): 7:16am On Sep 29, 2019
Badmod:
Not the proper way to handle this.
Compensation is good.
But what happens to investigations first?
How can inexperienced graduate be given such assignment...
NYSC should investigate first,maybe the guy took up the task by himself or He was assigned to it.
My thought exactly. I know that the guy knows the implication of such assignment. So investigation should also be done to curtail future reoccurrence.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:21am On Sep 29, 2019
showafrica:

I wonder oo, someone is paying tacha 50m for been disqualified and FG is paying her candidates 1m for dying. Nysc, I no do again...
Hmmmmm, this is deep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by jaxxy(m): 7:22am On Sep 29, 2019
We are a disgrace of a country. 1m Naira INEC?
Re: NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others by SavageResponse(m): 7:29am On Sep 29, 2019
That amount is less that US$3,000 angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opinion: NYSC Has Outlived Its Usefulness / His Fiancee Insists On Marriage After NYSC - Advice Him / NYSC BATCH C'14 ONDO STATE,LET'S MEET HERE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.