Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 (65202 Views)

Nigerian With Permanent US Resident, Almost Denied Entry To Visa Free Country / FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 / Uk Changes Travel Rules For Fully Vaccinated Travellers From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Saintp(m): 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
emmasege:
If you had a good job and do not involve yourself in politics, Nigeria could be more of a home than outside the country.

A man with cool cash can travel the world, enjoy life, get the best of medical care and come back to rest at home where he's not treated like a sub-species of human being.

That's what the rich ones do but husslers stay put in white man's land.

This is the mentality that has kept naija down. Why should everything good be reserved for only the rich in naija? This is why people will go and steal pant for rituals so that they can be rich too and enjoy life.
I'm beginning to think that the rich in naija is happy for Nigerians to remain poor so that only them will enjoy life. When they travel abroad, you will see things like
*** emmasege spotted in London*** they send the pictures to Nigeria and the poor ones without hope will be killing themselves for not being rich.

In saner climes, the basic enjoyment of life is not just for the rich only, it is for everyone. This summer, I didn't see one of the cleaners who cleans our office for 2 weeks. I thought she has been redeployed to clean elsewhere but when I saw her again, I showed surprise that I haven't seen her for a long time and she told me she went to Brazil for holiday. As we kept talking, she told me she went to Paris last summer and she plans to go to Mexico next summer.
I wish we can develop and build a country where everyone can enjoy their life without being rich. It will go a long way to reduce the desperation we see today in naija but it seems to me that the political and rich class will never allow that so that only them will have access to enjoyment.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Xclusiveme: 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
Nigeria is so much better than any of these countries. Just that we are so unfortunate with these bad leaders

1 Like

Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by OkCornel(m): 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
lilwetdick:

yes, he just have Nigerian heritage.

Which passport does he hold- US

he was born in the US

He is a citizen of US not Nigeria

Please enlighten yourself a bit on Nigerian citizenship laws;

(1) The following are ways to gain citizenship in Nigeria

By Birth
By Registration
By Naturalisation

By birth-namely-

(a) Every person born in Nigeria after the date of independence (October 1, 1960), either of whose parents or any of whose grandparents belongs or belonged to a community indigenous to Nigeria;

Provided that a person shall not become a citizen of Nigeria by virtue of this section if neither of his parents nor any of his grandparents was born in Nigeria.

(b) Every person born outside Nigeria either of whose parents is a citizen of Nigeria.

Dual nationality
Nigerian nationality law allows dual nationality of people of Nigerian descent either through birth or parentage. They are also allowed to hold public office in Nigeria

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_nationality_law
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2019
midnighter:

Are you talking about in olden days or in the modern period? i think nowadays, you need proper research and equipment because the scientific paradigms have diversified beyond just wondering and making natural observations about "why does the apple fall down from the tree"

in Nigeria, we are in the pioneer stage of development, so as a researcher, you must strive hard to get your name out there

and who told you researchers dont do natural observation till today, not all research needs equipments
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by midnighter(f): 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2019
lilwetdick:

in Nigeria, we are in the pioneer stage of development, so as a researcher, you must strive hard to get your name out there

and who told you researchers dont do natural observation till today, not all research needs equipments

i think i was looking at it from the point of collating academic research and performing studies.

you are correct that theres still room for things like patented designs or producing novel uses for natural phenomena
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2019
OkCornel:

Please enlighten yourself a bit on Nigerian citizenship laws;

(1) The following are ways to gain citizenship in Nigeria

By Birth
By Registration
By Naturalisation

By birth-namely-

(a) Every person born in Nigeria after the date of independence (October 1, 1960), either of whose parents or any of whose grandparents belongs or belonged to a community indigenous to Nigeria;

Provided that a person shall not become a citizen of Nigeria by virtue of this section if neither of his parents nor any of his grandparents was born in Nigeria.

(b) Every person born outside Nigeria either of whose parents is a citizen of Nigeria.

Dual nationality
Nigerian nationality law allows dual nationality of people of Nigerian descent either through birth or parentage. They are also allowed to hold public office in Nigeria

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_nationality_law

but with all these craze about whether he is a Nigerian or not, his allegiance is the US and all his work is to the US,

is he immigrating to the uk, the topic of discussion was about uk immigration laws for researchers

i said you should bring inventions from Nigerians living in nigeria, you keep bringing stuff from researchers from abroad

1 Like

Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by OkCornel(m): 7:14pm On Sep 29, 2019
lilwetdick:

but with all these craze about whether he is a Nigerian or not, his allegiance is the US and all his work is to the US,

is he immigrating to the uk, the topic of discussion was about uk immigration laws for researchers

i said you should bring inventions from Nigerians living in nigeria, you keep bringing stuff from researchers from abroad

why do you love shifting goal post? Abi the Nigerians that live and study abroad are no longer Nigerians?

lilwetdick:

mention 5 Nigerian Phd Researchers that has invented something in the last 2 years
https://www.nairaland.com/5443301/uk-changes-visa-immigration-rules/2#82682312
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by juman(m): 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2019
One nigeria is hell fire.
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Toks2008(m): 7:38pm On Sep 29, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Stay back in Nigeria.
Apart from those people that scratch you at night when you're asleep, life in Ogbomosho is better than life in UK.

Craze guy... i totally agree but that is if you have enough money to live the life equal to that of U.K standard.
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by emmahoney(m): 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2019
OkCornel:

Don't generalize. There are Nigerian PhD holders that knows their onions and will thrive anywhere.

What's your take on Nigerians doing well in educational institutions overseas?
Don't mind the educated-illiterate.

Where was he when state-of-the-art facilities are not available for them to work with? Their counterparts abroad have enabling environment to showcase their abilities. Can the same be said of Nigeria? The budget of all the Federal universities in Nigeria is not up to the budget of only Stanford University in the USA.

Many people who are running PhD in Nigeria couldn't do some of their analyses in Nigeria and those who have money had to travel to get them done while those without money had to spend years chasing shadow.

No sane person would insult others for having what they do not have.

2 Likes

Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by nograv: 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2019
post=82680775:

Who gave birth to this tribalistic tin?!

It because of the useless Nigerian elite that mostly hails from the North that is the reason why Nigeria looks the way it does today.

While Singapore, South Korea and China have progressed, we are standing still. The current situation breeds tribalism. If Northern elites delivered in their tenure, do you think anyone would care about their origins..?

Use your head..

1 Like

Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Viktorino: 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2019
Nice modification.This is a great opportunity for bright students.
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Viktorino: 8:04pm On Sep 29, 2019
Did the govenment budget any money for research? Dont blame these people,blame the government.
lilwetdick:

The Phd Holders will be gotten from mostly Eastern European countries

Nobody Needs a Nigerian Phd Holder that cant even improve his home society

Most Nigerian Phd holders are just Certificate Phd Holders, Research dem no fit do, Certificate oppression is their main occupation
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by OkCornel(m): 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2019
emmahoney:

Where was he when state-of-the-art facilities are not available for them to work with? Their counterparts abroad have enabling environment to showcase their ability. Can the same be said of Nigeria? The budget of all the Federal universities in Nigeria is not up to the budget of only Stanford University in the USA.

Many people who are running PhD in Nigeria couldn't do some of their analyses in Nigeria and those who have money had to travel to get them done while those without money had to spend years chasing shadow.

My brother, the thing tire me jare.

Give Nigerians enabling environment, and they will thrive. It's as simple as that.

2 Likes

Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Idaytesj29(m): 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
Davash222:

Life in Sudan is better than life in Ogbomoso. Only the aroma from Amala in Ogbomoso will send one to early grave.

Just as the Ekwulobia and Awka south apo with bitterleaf soup has been sending people their early graves.
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by HBB1(m): 8:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
Nigerians are one of the smartest on earth.

I was at the barbers recently and they were talking about Nigerians...
One of them said he wondered when he was in University, why they were still coming to school, as they always seemed to know everything way before the exams.

Another said there are now so many Nigerian professionals in London, who are doing well.

They all thought highly of Nigerians.

I changed jobs recently and when the Oga asked me where I was from, and I said Naija, he says, 'Nigerians are very smart, I have worked with them before, they pick up things very quickly!'

My colleagues don they use one Kain eye look me since then, but me I no send.

With the UK opening their country for immigrants, more people will emigrate and they will fit in easily despite the cultural differences.

Last last Oyinbo no get 2 head!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
emmasege:
If you had a good job and do not involve yourself in politics, Nigeria could be more of a home than outside the country.

A man with cool cash can travel the world, enjoy life, get the best of medical care and come back to rest at home where he's not treated like a sub-species of human being.

That's what the rich ones do but husslers stay put in white man's land.

But from hustling (if the Grace is on you). One can make it and become rich and travel around the world, i am a typical example of that, started from scratch, that is no where self, mother selling akara, papa no level, i had to hustle thru land and land myself in Spain, today the rest is history...
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Cousin9999: 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
So basically they want as many Indians and eastern Europeans as possible because they can underpay them and abuse them because those groups have no options, and Indians have no self-respect.
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by OkCornel(m): 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2019
HBB1:

One of them said he wondered when he was in University, why they were still coming to school, as they always seemed to know everything way before the exams.

Another said there are now so many Nigerian professionals in London, who are doing well.

I changed jobs recently and when the Oga asked me where I was from, and I said Naija, he says, 'Nigerians are very smart, I have worked with them before, they pick up things very quickly!'

With the UK opening their country for immigrants, more people will emigrate and they will fit in easily despite the cultural differences.

Exactly. Naija community is growing steadily in the UK. And Naija people sharp wella for UK.

100% effort you put in to accomplish something in Naija, put in barely 60% of that in UK...and you'll get results.

Another funny thing, 70% of prayer points will die a natural death when you live in countries like the UK.

1 Like

Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Everrest9(m): 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2019
Lachynos2k2:
feet
Modified smiley
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by HBB1(m): 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2019
OkCornel:

Exactly. Naija community is growing steadily in the UK. And Naija people sharp wella for UK.

100% effort you put in to accomplish something in Naija, put in barely 60% of that in UK...and you'll get results.

Another funny thing, 70% of prayer points will die a natural death when you live in countries like the UK.

Baba mi, na so o!

I no dey fear armed robber, fear accident...prayer points go change sharpaly!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2019
Viktorino:
Did the govenment budget any money for research? Dont blame these people,blame the government.

everything is the govt problem
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2019
HBB1:

Yeah Nigerians are one of the smartest on earth but not smart enough to change their economy

If Nigerians are one of the smartest on earth then Nigeria would have had a very good economy because smart people will be running it and living in it.

2 Likes

Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 29, 2019
OkCornel:

My brother, the thing tire me jare.

Give Nigerians enabling environment, and they will thrive. It's as simple as that.

yeah, lets continue waiting for enabling environment before we can thrive, like enabling environment is not created by the people
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2019
emmahoney:

Where was he when state-of-the-art facilities are not available for them to work with? Their counterparts abroad have enabling environment to showcase their abilities. Can the same be said of Nigeria? The budget of all the Federal universities in Nigeria is not up to the budget of only Stanford University in the USA.

so you need state of art equipment before you can do research

The people doing reseearch here in Nigeria arent the Phd holders but the ordinary people on the street, they have no state of the art equipment but will invent stuff that will make life easy for people

did the owner of alabuku rub use state of the art equipment to invent his rub.
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by AngelicBeing: 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Stay back in Nigeria.
Apart from those people that scratch you at night when you're asleep, life in Ogbomosho is better than life in UK.
Hian, you have started again with your jugunu analysis shocked

1 Like

Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by OkCornel(m): 8:54pm On Sep 29, 2019
lilwetdick:

yeah, lets continue waiting for enabling environment before we can thrive, like enabling environment is not created by the people

Nice, so tell us how the government is creating an enabling environment by under-funding educational and research institutes.

The whole mess is top-down.
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2019
OkCornel:

why do you love shifting goal post? Abi the Nigerians that live and study abroad are no longer Nigerians?

https://www.nairaland.com/5443301/uk-changes-visa-immigration-rules/2#82682312

it was difficult to mention Nigerians

you act like it is Nigerians doing all the research abroad or it is Nigerians taking all the first class, these are just few Nigerians, for every 1 Nigerian first class there are 30 foreigners who also got first class without disturbing the peace.

and for your information not many Nigerians work in research centers abroad, only very few that is why it is hard to mention any stuff they have done
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by OkCornel(m): 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
lilwetdick:

it was difficult to mention Nigerians

you act like it is Nigerians doing all the research abroad or it is Nigerians taking all the first class, these are just few Nigerians, for every 1 Nigerian first class there are 30 foreigners who also got first class without disturbing the peace.

and for your information not many Nigerians work in research centers abroad, only very few that is why it is hard to mention any stuff they have done

Sorry, the people I've been calling here all the while are Kenyans or Martians? Smh
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2019
OkCornel:

Sorry, the people I've been calling here all the while are Kenyans or Martians? Smh

those Nigerians have no impacts anyway, you just copy what the blogs tell you.

Have they won the Nobel Prize in any scientific research- NO
Re: UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 by lagdmark(m): 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2019
9jayes:
Let's go London
Meaning?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has Pedestrian Bridges That Nobody Uses / 105 Years Later, A Letter In A Bottle Thrown From Titanic's Deck Found (Pics) / Police Found 39 Frozen Bodies Inside A Refrigerated Trailer In The U.K.(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.