Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity (65519 Views)

Photo Of Otedola Shaking Ooni Of Ife / Man ‘arrests’ Nsukka Deity For Making His Business Fail (photo) / Deity Chief-Priest Shot As SARS Officers Arrest Masquerades In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by NkitaAla: 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

This really cracked me up. NL is full of different breeds.

grin grin grin grin.
[/s]
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by ThatFairGuy: 5:20pm On Sep 30, 2019
Fictitious... Iro lowa ndi alo.
Lies.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by sinkhole: 5:24pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:
Obalufon Ogbogbodirin couldn’t have lived for 500 years. Kabiyesi exaggerated that claim.
but do you believe that Abraham, Methuselah etc, all in the Bible, lived for more than 800years?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by ghuzy01: 5:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:
Obalufon Ogbogbodirin couldn’t have lived for 500 years. Kabiyesi exaggerated that claim.
And you believe methusalah in the bible lived for 999 years
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by mechanics(m): 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2019
Davash222:
Who transformed him into a deity
that's what I don't understand.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Omenkata: 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2019
[s]
ola33t:
First time I could ever remember I saw this pics was on TAO11 profile days ago (26/9/19) when i mistakenly clicked her profile and I saved her profile for some reason that day.

Yesterday again TAO11 posted this pics on a NL thread.

Today again, it's the story about this same pics on TAO11 profile.

Sometimes I don't understand this NL and NLanders. Seems mysterious some times undecided
[/s]
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Omenkata: 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

This really cracked me up. NL is full of different breeds.

grin grin grin grin.
[/s]
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by seunmsg(m): 5:44pm On Sep 30, 2019
Marculey58:
Sango was never a King

Sango was a king during his lifetime. He became the Alaafin of Oyo after Alaafin Ajaka was dethroned.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Omenkata: 5:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

Chai, even TB Joshua weak for your case. grin grin grin grin.

U go dey alright las las
[/s]
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by NkitaAla: 5:47pm On Sep 30, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

Chai, even TB Joshua weak for your case. grin grin grin grin.

U go dey alright las las
[/s]
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by sapele914(m): 6:03pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:
How long did methuselah in the Bible live for?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 30, 2019
Olysblog:
Lived for 500 yrs. Oba, abeg tell us who count the exact yrs?

Metusellah lives for 960 years... Who. Count the exact yrs?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by valarmorghulis: 6:36pm On Sep 30, 2019
OkoAmarashy:

Why not?

If Amadioha can be hawking fan belt in Lagos, it's possible.
grin grin grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by olajigaolamide: 6:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
This is beautiful.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Powersurge: 6:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:

You believe Jesus turned water to wine? You believe Jesus walked on water? You believe Jesus died and woke up the third day?

It's easy for you to refer to Jesus. But I am sure you are always hiding under your skin to refer to the Arab man , Mohammed.

I M not faulting whatever you saying. I am not concerned. Talk directly to the one is us talking to you
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by FuckDaMods: 7:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
Earthquake1:

So overbleaching Alaafin of Oyo is going to be turned into a deity?
Lwkmd! grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by profbayo: 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2019
Earthquake1:

Stop talking like a slowpoke pls.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by profbayo: 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2019
Earthquake1:

Stop talking like a slowpoke pls.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Born2Breed(f): 8:24pm On Sep 30, 2019
Davash222:

Interesting.

Ignore that child.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Born2Breed(f): 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2019
Nothing wey Musa nor go see for gate.

The Yoruba history has a lot of holes.

500yrs? grin grin grin grin grin

Nor be lie!!! grin grin grin

Soon una go hear another one.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by tiziano(m): 8:59pm On Sep 30, 2019
Olysblog:
Lived for 500 yrs. Oba, abeg tell us who count the exact yrs?
he counted it himself, the same way you count your age.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by seunmsg(m): 9:00pm On Sep 30, 2019
sapele914:
How long did methuselah in the Bible live for?

ghuzy01:

And you believe methusalah in the bible lived for 999 years

sinkhole:
but do you believe that Abraham, Methuselah etc, all in the Bible, lived for more than 800years?

I’m looking at it from a historical perspective and not from lack of belief in Yoruba mythology. If you look at the succession to the Ooni throne from Oduduwa to Oranmiyan, you would also conclude that Obalufon Ogbogbodirin couldn’t have lived for 500 years.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Dedetwo(m): 9:59pm On Sep 30, 2019
Davash222:
Who transformed him into a deity

Please ask the tale tellers to inform us. These people are capable of telling a story about and how yesterday became tomorrow.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by roladex(f): 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2019
This man is a real example of Juju.see the cowries on his forehead. And his wife is a prophetess ? Wonders shall never end.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by roladex(f): 11:15pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kapeter:
hehehehe. Sense will not kill you brother. God bless you for this wonderful response. The whites came here and told us our fore-fathers are all demons and lied to us about our culture and also distort history for their own gain.
why are u telling an historican lies.may God forgive u ooo
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:15pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:

You are hyperventilating over nothing. I’m from Okemesi Ekiti and the groove where kings are buried is right behind the palace. The groove is called “Ile Enitan” and I’ve been there severally. When I’m in Ekiti, I stay in the palace so stop telling me what I know.

So many palaces have been moved from the original site so it’s quite possible that the groove where Ewi’s are interred May be far from the current palace. It doesn’t change the fact that kings are buried in grooves near the palace and worshiped annually.

Fact!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Omenkata: 11:24pm On Sep 30, 2019
[s]
OROSUNBOLB:

Fact!
[/s]
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by McTobe(m): 11:39pm On Sep 30, 2019
There are different stages in spiritual growth and maturity. Idol worship and recognition of the working of the forces of the elements is a logical step in that growth towards the recognition of the one true GOD. No people amongst the human race just woke up and came to recognition of GOD. Let us leave the Yorubas alone. Can you deny a Sango worshippers what they have experienced in their worship of that god. Even most people that claim to be Christian today are still at animistic level of spiritual development. The best sign to prove this is that many so called Christians profess Christianity but when pushed hard by situations they run back to the village to do divination at the shrine and solve their problems at that level (The best sign of what resonates within them)The greatest mistake the Missionaries made was destroying African Shrines and calling African Traditional Religion Demon worship. Paganism is not synonymous with Demon worship. If you wish read THE GRAIL MESSAGE and know the truth.
Finally, the above explanation does not mean that the yorubas should remain at animistic level of spriritual maturity, Motion is a law of creation which like other laws we can only disobey at our own peril.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by segunx5(m): 12:29am On Oct 01, 2019
Long live the king...but 500 years is far ooo..
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by GodSaklek(m): 6:09am On Oct 01, 2019
KingOdart:

But you believe Noah lived for 950 years and Metusalah lived 960 years because the Bible says so grin

Bro, no religion is bigger than other, it was romans that modified and edited Hebrew religion even then colonize them, 99% Bible and Quran written ls are fabricated stories, u can read their lies from the book of Otem here

https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by follock007(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2019
4 represent mars which is an hybrid totality of Saturn (7 deity) and Uranus (8 deity)
it is made up of Pluto - 10 (deity) and Venus - 3- Taurus (leity) the 9 inside of Pluto is the messenger (mars angel) between them.
in the bible Venus is a calf or ox and ox is the elemental symbol of oxygen 8 for Uranus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People / Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? / Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.