Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? (16376 Views)

Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) / Where To Download 30 Days In Atlanta? / Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by omon(m): 10:39pm On Jan 19, 2006
Hello folks, I am not sure if this has been discussed on this forum. I saw this Nigerian movie website on a Nigeria forum on films and it seems to be a nice flick. Check it out. The title of the film is 30 days.

http://www.30daysthemovie.com/
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by layi(m): 12:26am On Jan 20, 2006
Has anyone actually watched the movie?
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Hotstepper(f): 3:18am On Jan 20, 2006
hmm da movie is yet 2 come out starring gene baby and my cousin Chet Anekwe.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Seun(m): 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2006
Yes, the movie stars Genevieve Nnaji and it's her latest project follwoing the "ban".

Trailers: http://www.30daysthemovie.com/trailer1.htm
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Priscila(f): 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2006
Is Genny back to acting?

I really miss her new arrivals.
I heard she was banned and she is now in a Ghananian University.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by freddie1(m): 8:09pm On Apr 11, 2006
The people behind this movie are not compromisers of quality, so i know the movie is going to be good. I can't wait to lay my hands on a copy as soon as its released.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by queen2(f): 5:00pm On Apr 12, 2006
Anyone seen the movie yet?
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by queen2(f): 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2006
Hotstepper:

hmm da movie is yet 2 come out starring gene baby and ma cuzzin Chet Anekwe, visit www.chetanekwe.com, rolleyes

For real,
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Hotstepper(f): 7:22pm On Apr 12, 2006
yea,
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Hotstepper(f): 7:30pm On Apr 12, 2006
he is in phat girls as well
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by themaster2: 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2006
I am so impressed, a Naija movie having a website that looked that good. its impressive. Keep up the cool work, producers!!!
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by hotangel2(f): 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2006
Ohh wow, i must see this movie. It's everywhere. I must see it. Hmmm a real kissing scene in a naija movie at last. and it doesnt look fake, Now this is a must see.

With a website, okay this is awesome.

They must have done alot to make this movie.

Some pictures from the set of the movie.

Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Orikinla(m): 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2006
30 Days is the brainchild of Mildred Okwo who a Nigerian lawyer based in the US and she is also the manager of Genevieve Nnaji.

She is doing her best to boost the career of Genevieve.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Orikinla(m): 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2006
I will commend all the efforts of my compatriots to put Nigeria on the map of the world in Motion Pictures as South Africa did with "Tsotsi", which won a Best Foreign Film Oscar.

Look at the pride of Nelson Mandela posing with their Oscar. And I wonder who will be the President of Nigeria when I will win the Oscar one fine day.

I am make my own speech like the maker of "Tsotsi" did:

God bless Africa. Wow. I have a speech, it's in my pocket, but that thing says 38 seconds. But mine's way too long. Go to tsotsi.com and there is a huge long list of people. Because I'm accepting this not for myself. This is for best foreign language film. It is sitting right there to start with. Please stand up Presley Chweneyagae and Terry Pheto. My two fantastic young leads. Put the cameras on them, please. Viva Africa. Viva. I've got ten seconds. Ten seconds I just want to thank my fellow nominees who I've become deep friends with. We may have foreign language films, but our stories are the same as your stories. They're about the human heart and emotion. It says please wrap.
Thank you so much.
Thank you to the Academy.

Thank you.

One fine day Nigeria will make it as long as brave filmmakers like Midred Okwo, Adaora Nwandu, Faruk Lasaki, Mak Kusare, Kenneth Gyang, Tunde Kelani and others don't stop dreaming and working hard to keep the flag flying higher and higher.

Well Mildred Okwo and Ego Boyo.

Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by kimba(m): 10:49pm On Apr 23, 2006
@omon

thanks, i just viewed the trailers, cool, nice ones, and im going to keep an eye on it, twill be out by APril 30. I'm quite impressed by the website stuff featuring the cast, story and some clips,

this is cool, i mean, we should get a life, rather than all the juju stuff, rather than all the predict-the-movie-ending-after-the-first-scene lame stories line we like putting together  embarassed, if we could have some serious martial arts butt kicking, rather than shakabula gun-fighting, isnt that something?  grin grin grin

Nollywood should get a life,

and really, its time Nollywood need to have female-action stars, i mean real-bad-brutal-female-action-stars cool
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Z4M4eva(f): 8:33am On Apr 24, 2006
I love 'em pictures. They Kool. I'd love to see the movie soon.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by gbadex1(m): 11:12am On Apr 24, 2006
i've got one question. was the film shot in celluloid? undecided
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by grafikdon: 11:39am On Apr 24, 2006
That must be the best naija movie ever, in terms of quality, story, action, everything. I have been telling these naija folks that u can't make a movie in three weeks and expect to come up with a Lord of The Rings look alike, movies ain't like shoving pop corn in the microwave, it is an art form that requires a lot of patience and dedication. 30 days is everything MOST(90%) Nollywood movies are'nt.

I hope the other kpa kpa kpa pop corn poppers movie makers will borrow a leaf from the makers of 30 days and spend a little more time in post production fixing horrible audio and not leaving some guy pooping in the background or a microphone sticking outta the freaking screen, or some fatigued crew ripping out a deafening fart,

I am impressed with 30 days, kinda restored my faith in Nollywood.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Orikinla(m): 12:11pm On Apr 24, 2006
How can you be impressed with what you have not watched. grin
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by grafikdon: 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2006
Orikinla:

How can you be impressed with what you have not watched. grin

I have seen a lot, from clips to production still, it is not really difficult to tell it is a good flick. Just pay attention to the sound quality alone, the crew, I don't even want to go there, or is it the time spent in post production? These are perfect indication the movie makers aren't bent on compromising quality.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Orikinla(m): 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2006
Have you seen "90 Degrees" by Mak Kusare?
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by grafikdon: 1:45pm On Apr 24, 2006
Orikinla:

Have you seen "90 Degrees" by Mak Kusare?

Nope, I haven't. Is that a good movie? Got any link where I can see it or any info on the movie?
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by nakinzval: 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2006
whats up fuos,

y'all sh'd stop judgin up our actors 'n' actress ''cause hank is the most handsome guy of all time y'all!

, don't dig
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by LAYANJU(f): 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2006
@ORIKINLA,
was that the acceptance speech for tsotsi?im such a cry baby, it brought tears to my eyes, viva africa for real.i know we will get there, as long as naijas quit spinning out lowest budget movies at the drop of a kobo.
viva africa.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by igwe4life(m): 2:25pm On Apr 24, 2006
Nice website and pixs. i pray the film lives up to expectation.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Orikinla(m): 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2006
LA-YANJU,
We have all the brains in Nigeria to be among the best anywhere.
And whether I am there or not, the Nigerian genius will bring the Oscars home.
We have the resources.
All we need now is to cooperate and support ourselves.
Let us be partners and not rivals.

We should compete against the rest of the world and not against ourselves.

The desperation of everybody rushing to produce his own movie is one of the the pitfalls of Nollywood. So, as the fools rush in, they all end up producing poor movies.
But, if ten of them can only humble themselves to pool their resources together to produce one good film that we can be very proud to show it to the whole world and Nollywood will be competing with the best in Hollywood.

The head of our production company Faruk Lasaki told me to invite the leading producers and directors in Nollywood to meet with us and join hands with us to work together in partnership to produce films. But only Chika Onu came. The others were either scared or clueless.

We have all the equipment and network to help any Nigerian producer and director to improve the quality of Nollywood.

All our documentaries have won international awards and Faruk Lasaki just got a principal international sponsor for the production of "Changing Faces"(La métamophose, Fiction 9’ de Faruk Lasaki ; Ark Ressource Entertainment).
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Greatpeter(m): 4:22pm On Apr 24, 2006
Why is it that I can't play it here on my computer?
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by gbadex1(m): 4:56pm On Apr 24, 2006
YOU ALL STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTION, DAMMIT!! angry angry

WAS THE MOVIE SHOT IN CELLULOID!!!!!!!
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by my2cents(m): 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2006
Interesing,

Based on trailer, I must confess that this will be the first naija film I watch where the fight scenes are actually real. Not like the ones that are so fake, it makes u want to ban the fight choreographers from nollywood for life LOL
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Badman888(m): 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2006
i like the soundtrack, soudeffects and the story line, we getting better
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by grafikdon: 5:23pm On Apr 24, 2006
gbade. x:

YOU ALL STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTION, DAMMIT!! angry angry

WAS THE MOVIE SHOT IN CELLULOID!!!!!!!

I don't think so. It shouldn't be a big deal though 'cause a lot of high profile Hollywood studios shoot in High Def and do the film coversion afterwards.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by gbadex1(m): 5:50pm On Apr 24, 2006
grafikdon:

I don't think so. It shouldn't be a big deal though 'cause a lot of high profile Hollywood studios shoot in High Def and do the film coversion afterwards.

abeg, i no dey watch am jo angry angry!!!

goddamn, i can as well carry my camcorder and start doing "movies" *grumbles*

celluloid is big bloody deal!!! angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Big Dreams Talent House: Kelly Sampa Holds Culinary Lectures / Zeeworld: Monday Update On Twist Of Fate Episode 80 - 81 / Oneal Evicted From Big Brother Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.