Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,805 members, 7,956,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:03 PM

30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? (16628 Views)

Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) / Where To Download 30 Days In Atlanta? / Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by fineass: 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2008
30 days would be premiered soon in nigeria before the month runs out.you can visit www.my30daysthemovie.com to win a free ticket to watch the movie online.Peace cool
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by whizkidd: 7:55am On Dec 11, 2008
I finally watched this movie after like a billion years of waiting. I have to first give credit to the producers for the effort. I know us naija ppl love to criticize, so I'll start out by giving some credit. It is way better than your average naija movie. The actors actually try to act, their is an actual plot and the movie isnt nauseating. Genevieve was out there holdin it down for all the beautiful naija girls. The sex scenes are definitely a first for naija movies. This is definitely the best naija movie that i have watched in a long time, maybe ever.
Now in terms of internationally, it isnt on the level of hollywood movies. Once we get to the fact that this movie is still a naija type movie, we can appreciate it more. The movie starts out kind of slow, the flow of the movie feels a little off, and the sound effect are akward. the story feels like a puzzle, i was constantly trying to piece it together.
This movie shows that there are ppl out there who are willing to put in the effort to keep nollywood moving. hopefully this is the beginning of better things to come. now if nollywood can figure out a distribution system so movies can actually make money, then we might see some hollywood quality movies. good effort however, highly appreciated
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by fineass: 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2008
[center]WHAT CRITICS ARE SAYING ABOUT THE MOVIE "30DAYS[/center]"

30 Days is a film bristling with lethal gusto. It shocks, grips, and entertains; all elements which make for exciting viewing. In the heat of the tension, passion, and suspense is the unsuspecting mastermind who only the clairvoyant will begin to suspect until events unfold in the course of the movie. Joy Bewaji. Founder of Festac Breed Magazine

30 days has thrown down the gauntlet not only to Nigerian Filmmakes but also to Nigerians and fans of Nollywood
Kola Munnis, Executive producer Osofia in London

30 Days gets a thumb up for taking the time in pre-production, on location and in post to do all kinds of things right.
Sola Osofisan Founder of Naija rules and Niagerians in America.

The movie’s technical work is impressive. It is entertaining! it’s got the thrills and the frills! The plot is extensive and the story is very touching. Abimbola Adelakun, Nigerian Punch Newspaper
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by fineass: 3:41pm On Dec 13, 2008
watch trailers of 30 days by clicking on the links below

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1059782538795
http://www.my30daysthemovie.com/trailer.aspx

for those viewing the facebook link you will have to login to facebook to view the trailer
Enjoy cool
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by fineass: 7:33pm On Dec 16, 2008
THE STORY BEHIND THE MOVIE "30days"

There is uneasy tension in the land. A young democracy is about to implode. Someone is killing off corrupt officials one after the other. Panic has set in among the rich and powerful elite. The president’s men and the press scramble to uncover the truth behind the mysterious deaths of public officials. The task of uncovering the mystery is assigned to the president’s most powerful and trusted cabinet member Dupe Ajayi (Joke Silva) and the country’s Inspector of Police, Shobowale (Segun Arinze)
Meanwhile, Kene Alumona (CBA), an unsuspecting young man decides to take a thirty day trip to his homeland after living fifteen years in the USA. Unaware of the political climate in the country, Kene meets and falls for a seemingly quiet and pretty young woman Chinora Onu (Genevieve Nnaji). Kene’s thirty day vacation turns into a hellish ride on the train of political intrigue, revenge, murder, lies and treachery.

Are the murders random killings or is someone intentionally killing off these politicians? Who will be next? How far does the rabbit hole go? The answers may surprise you.

Thirty days is an action thriller, a political drama and a love story rolled in to one.

for more information on how to buy this movie, visit www.30daysthemovie.com
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by fineass: 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2008
WORDS FROM THE PRODUCERS AND SOME ACTRESSES OF "30 DAYS".

Genevieve Nnaji, Nigeria’s reigning screen starlet describes her role in “30 Days” as the “most demanding role to date”. To prepare for the role, Nnaji and some of her fellow cast members endured weeks of physical training, which is unusual in the industry. “It is not just the physical stuff; the love scenes are a bit racier than what I would normally play. That alone should get Nollywood fans talking”.

Joke Silva, ”, working on the set of “30 Days” “was wonderful. The attention paid to detail was quite refreshing especially on the technical side of the production”.

Ego Boyo, CEO of Temple Productions, states that the quality of “30 Days” will stand out in the young history of the Nigerian film industry.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by fineass: 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2008
CAST OF THE MOVIE "30DAYS"

GENEVIEVE NNAJI
CHINORA ONU

CBA
KENE ALUMONA

JOKE SILVA
DUPE ALADE

GBENGA RICHARDS
Mr. President

SEGUN ARINZE
INSPECTOR SHOBOWALE

EKWI ONWUEMENE
FAYE

NAJITE DEDE
TEMILOLA BRISBEE

NORBERT YOUNG
Pastor Hart

EBELE OKARO
MAMA ALERO

KALU IKEAGWU
Jerry Ehime

www.30daysthemovie.com

Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by fineass: 10:11pm On Dec 19, 2008
GENEVIEVE NNAJI
CHINORA ONU
In 30 Days she plays the lead role of Chinora Onu who becomes entangled in a political mystery while trying to accomplish a personal task.

JOKE SILVA
DUPE ALADE
Joke brings a wealth of experience to the character she portrays in 30 Days. Dupe Alade is the president’s most powerful minister and she has been charged with the task of untangling the mystery behind the killing of government officials.

GBENGA RICHARDS
Mr. President
Gbenga Richards brings his unique style of acting to 30 Days as the comical Mr. President.

SEGUN ARINZE
INSPECTOR SHOBOWALE
In 30 Days, Segun plays the role of the tough talking Inspector General of Police, Shobowale who is charged with the task of untangling the mystery behind the killing of government officials.

NORBERT YOUNG
Pastor Hart
Nobert Young appears in 30 Days as the eloquent and mesmerizing Pastor Hart.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by fineass: 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2008
Do really think its a man's world?

Watch how these beautiful ladies with a mission to take back what rightly belongs to them destroyed the world of men, for more information, visit www.my30daysthemovie.com

Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by fineass: 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2008
Hi there, care to be friends of 30days the movie on facebook?, then click on this link below.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1352872690&ref=name

Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by chaplin123: 2:50am On Dec 26, 2008
my TV can not watch without Direct TV receivers
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by savanaha: 12:22am On Dec 29, 2008
[size=36pt]Letters to a stranger is VERRRRRRY NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!![/size]
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by fineass: 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2009
Read more about what people are saying about the movie "30days".

I watched "30 Days" last night, It's an embarassment of riches. Get your copy, It's every bit worth it's $10 price tag. (Leonard .Q ; Ghana )

30days??, Great movie, none like it in Nollywood. (Lawal .A ; Nigeria)

So I recieved my copy of the movie and I watched it for the second time. It was stupendous. review coming soon, (Sao .O ; New York)

I must order this movie (Anekwe .A ; Philadelphia)

Get your copy by visiting www.my30daysthemovie.com  also watch the trailers on facebook by clicking on this link http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1059782538795
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by fineass: 10:18pm On Jan 08, 2009
REVIEW GIVEN BY A MOVIE BLOGGER ABOUT THE MOVIE 30DAYS !!!!

Hi Guys below is a review of 30days the movie by Mr Habeeb of http://simplyhabeeb..com , read what he has to say about the movie, enjoy
30 DAYS NIGERIAN PREMIERE

It held at the Expo Hall of Ocean view restaurant and had so many in attendance. I didn’t see the full movie cos I left at the middle to do some interviews, my producer called me to come interview some stars (lol, just kidding, na the camera guy call me oh, am acting cheesy right? Don’t mind me; I would soon get over it).
I could see that people came knowing this wasn’t just any Nigerian movie, even though they hadn’t seen anything from Mildred okwo before, they had seen good stuffs from Ego Boyo and knew she could only be associated with class and quality.
Synopsis; Revolves around a notorious female gang killing off corrupt politicians one after the other and the country is in jeopardy. The president (Gbenga Richards) is worried and gives the Commissioner of Police (Segun Arinze) and the minister (Joke Silva) 30 days to get to the roots of the killers. A young man, Nigerian American, ken Alumona (CBA) embarks on a 30days trip and is embroiled in the whole fiasco. He meets and falls in love with Chinora Onu (Genny), the leader of FRACA the deadly gang. 30days is filled with romance, deceit, intrigue, and action. It’s written and directed by Mildred Okwo, produced by Ego Boyo and Mildred Okwo.
I have some highlights…CBA is a great actor, out of this planet, out of the kitchen, fresh and he swallowed his character. There was something different about Genny’s performance that was different from all the movies, above all, I could believe everything happening…it felt real and this is advanced nollywood. My favorite xter is Najite, the fight scenes where she dropped her gun and killed the man with her bare hands, people clapped. Good to know that some sensible newbie film maker like Mildred exists and 30days is unpredictable, that’s the unique part you can’t take away from it.
Najite and CBA were my highlights of the movie followed by Gbenga Richards who cracked me up and so many others with his comic delivery of the president who spoke like Obasanjo. Ekwi wasn’t bad and Genny was fresh like an old wine. Joke silva never disappoints and the made use of a good team. How could I forget Iyabo Amoke who gave a good account of herself, from her first scene, I was like, damn, who is she? Shola Ashedeko (Abeni) played a small role; I didn’t even hear her talk. Since 30days was shot like three years back, that’s understandable.
Nkiru Alanta who also played Rahila was brilliant and never disappointed me just like in Doctors’s quarters , she played the tough girl well and they all looked deadly, I could imagine the whole things going on and it was a wonderful pairing, I wanna see more movies like this. Do you know how it feels to see the same class of people who say “I don’t watch Nigerian movies” come out to see 30days and they gave a positive reaction, it was taken seriously and I couldn’t believe we were all seated watching a Nigerian movie.
The sex scenes with Genny and CBA wasn’t as raunchy as I read, its either it was edited or the raunchy part was shown when I missed the movie to do the interviews with Joke Silva during the movie.
The beautiful part was the rendition of lines no matter how simple, I liked the part where CBA said ‘This is one trip I should have avoided”, that guy is a natural (lol).
Actors at the premiere were Chet Anekwe (CBA), Kate Henshaw, kalu Ikeagwu, Najite Dede, Segun Arinze, Ekwi Onwumene, Susan Peters, Ali Baba, Joke Silva, Ego Boyo. Producers like Emem Isong, Teco Benson were also there.
30 days is the movie to buy, keep and watch, . I had fun abi, it’s good to let your hair down once In a while.

Visit www.my30daysthemovie.com to get a copy of the movie also watch the trailers on facebook by clicking on this link http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1059782538795
Bye,
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by fineass: 4:44am On Jan 12, 2009
The producers of 30 Days the Movie(starring genevive, joke silva, segun arinze and CBA) are offering 1,000 people the opportunity to watch 30 Days the Movie for FREE.

To be eligible for this FREE screening, you must REGISTER on the website and pay a nominal shipping and handling fee. We are so confident in our work we guaranty that you and your family will be very satisfied with the quality and the message of 30 Days and if after enjoying the movie you are not satisfied, just return it to us ~ no questions asked! , click on the link below to register,

http://www.my30daysthemovie.com/multi.aspx
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by fineass: 8:30pm On Jan 26, 2009
Every movie loving Nigerian , wants a movie that

1.Tells a story
2. Entertains them
3.Informs them.
, what about a movie that does all of these and much more, 30days the movie (www.my30daysthemovie.com) starring Genevive nnaji, Segun Arinze, Joke Silva , CBA and a host of other Nollywood stars.

Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by fineass: 9:55pm On Jan 28, 2009
VOICES FROM 30DAYS THE MOVIE,

" They all around us, they 've infiltrated the entire system, no one knows who they really are, they wait patiently for that call and once your corrupt numbers is up, you jacked off the face of the earth, it could be you , it could be you, " -

Words of kene Alumona (CBA) in the movie 30days, an action thriller, a political drama and a love story rolled in to one, visit www.my30daysthemovie.com to get a copy of the DVD. cool
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Starjack09: 12:07am On Jul 12, 2011
Where can I get a copy of this. I tried the site and it was no longer functioning. I tried Googling it and it seems it's only on line. Any assistance gladly appreciated e-mail me cobrahawkster@gmail.com.

Thanks

Rod.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBNaija S9: Wanni And Handi Lack Home Training – Chinne Vents (Video) / Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) / Behind The Smile - Super Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.