Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? (16382 Views)

Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) / Where To Download 30 Days In Atlanta? / Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by grafikdon: 6:01pm On Apr 24, 2006
gbade. x:

abeg, i no dey watch am jo angry angry!!!

goddamn, i can as well carry my camcorder and start doing "movies" *grumbles*

celluloid is big bloody deal!!! angry angry

You really want me to give you a low down on HD Cameras huh? George Lucas (You know him right?) shot a recent Hollywood block buster in HD and did the conversion for theatrical release later and nobody even noticed because the visual quality was top notch.

smiley No they didn't shoot 30 days with a comcorder, please do a little research before stomping a well made movie. Bear in mind that some of the crew have worked in Hollywood flicks in different capacity so they know exactly what they are doing.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by gbadex1(m): 3:28pm On Apr 25, 2006
grafikdon:

You really want me to give you a low down on HD Cameras huh? George Lucas (You know him right?) shot a recent Hollywood block buster in HD and did the conversion for theatrical release later and nobody even noticed because the visual quality was top notch.

smiley No they didn't shoot 30 days with a comcorder, please do a little research before stomping a well made movie. Bear in mind that some of the crew have worked in Hollywood flicks in different capacity so they know exactly what they are doing.

Which movie did George Lucas shoot recently in HD? Either ways, at the end of the day he converted it for theatrical release later (celluloid of course).

okay they may not have shot 30 days with a camcorder but why the schmuck can't they combine HD and celluloid and isht like that?

PS: i wasn't trying to stomp the movie. before this thread existed, i already knew about the movie. heck, i even receive newsletters from the site.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by grafikdon: 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2006
gbade. x:

Which movie did George Lucas shoot recently in HD? Either ways, at the end of the day he converted it for theatrical release later (celluloid of course).

okay they may not have shot 30 days with a camcorder but why the schmuck can't they combine HD and celluloid and isht like that?

30 days will be playing in selected theatres, so how did you come to the conclusion they didn't tranfer the HD Film for theatrical release?

You may as well call Gearge Lucas a schmuck. You really have to dig into the info out there to figure out that Hollywood studios don't always shoot on celluloid. The Film/HD flame war is just worse than beating a dead horse because there's hardly anyone who can notice the difference between film and HD transfered to film, hardly anyone. Shooting on celluloid is no freaking big deal.

Check this out:

http://www.bealecorner.com/trv900/sw24p.html
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Hotstepper(f): 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2006
awww, see ma cuzzin on da bed with geneeeee tongue
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by gbadex1(m): 9:29am On Apr 26, 2006
going through the website, i saw or should i say read that George Lucas shot "Star Wars II" in High Definition (HD) camcorders!!! so he still shot it with a bloody camcorder!! tongue cheesy grin tongue!! only this time, it was a High Definition Camcorder tongue grin cheesy!!!!!
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by grafikdon: 10:27am On Apr 26, 2006
gbade. x:

going through the website, i saw or should i say read that George Lucas shot "Star Wars II" in High Definition (HD) camcorders!!! so he still shot it with a bloody camcorder!! tongue cheesy grin tongue!! only this time, it was a High Definition Camcorder tongue grin cheesy!!!!!

This is just worse than beating a dead horse, go ahead and get your low end $200.00 camcorder and start shooting a movie, we will be glad to see the blocky pixels at the end of the day.

I am glad I have made my point, and also proved it that SHOOTING ON CELLULOID IS NO FREAKING BIG DEAL.

I am outta this thread.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by primrose(f): 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2006
next!
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by sil(m): 9:19am On Apr 28, 2006
This the story of a political drama and a love story rolled in to one,let me summerize in quote, this is too excititing.

"There is uneasy tension in the land. A young democracy is about to implode. Someone is killing off corrupt officials one after the other. Panic has set in among the rich and powerful elite. The president’s men and the press scramble to uncover the truth behind the mysterious deaths of public officials. The task of uncovering the mystery is assigned to the president’s most powerful and trusted cabinet member Dupe Ajayi (Joke Silva) and the country’s Inspector of Police, Shobowale (Segun Arinze)

Meanwhile, Kene Alumona (CBA), an unsuspecting young man decides to take a thirty day trip to his homeland after living fifteen years in the USA. Unaware of the political climate in the country, Kene meets and falls for a seemingly quiet and pretty young woman Chinora Onu (Genevieve Nnaji). Kene’s thirty day vacation turns into a hellish ride on the train of political intrigue, revenge, murder, lies and treachery. Are the murders random killings or is someone intentionally killing off these politicians? Who will be next? How far does the rabbit hole go? The answers may surprise you."

Hey this new bomb in the industry,What do you think? ?
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by joefit4gur(m): 6:34pm On Apr 28, 2006
Actually what ineed is your help,

you are really doin a good job and i like that,The Company have been able to bring something cool to the entertainment Industry, i tell you, you are really doin a good job.

Please I need your Help to get The Home Address Of celebrities in Nigeria,

Details Below:

What i wanna tell you now is something i want you to help me with cuz i wil aprreciate anything, i mean anything you do to help me.

I am 16 years old, leye joseph idowu by name and live around Ketu,

I want to produce a magazine, and it is all about teens and Entertainment, There will be a section in the magazine that will be for the post address of Celebrities or emails(Fan Email), (this will help Teens to stay preety close to their favorite stars. They will prefer sending by post to sending through Email,

So all i want you to do to help me is to please help get the Post addresses of Celebrities, also there will be a section where Teens will have to write a letter to her favorite celebrity and the letter that is most sensible, most touching will be taken and the Teen Individual who sent the letter will receive a Gift from the Celebrity, It can be any present,

In order to achieve this i will have to get in touch with Celebrities and i am trying and i just hope that you can help me, I already have the post addresses of Foreign Celebrities but i need help for the Nigerians, Hope you can do something to help me,

I am ready to send you a copy of the magazine if necessary,

Please do think about this and i am looking forward to a reply from you,

Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Hotstepper(f): 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2006
good idea@joefit4gur, good luck, if u need ma help, holla embarassed
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Hotstepper(f): 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2006
i ain't in 9ja though
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by sil(m): 6:13pm On Apr 29, 2006
I just want check this bomb in the movie industry which the story say
there is uneasy tension in the land. A young democracy is about to implode. Someone is killing off corrupt officials one after the other. Panic has set in
among the rich and powerful elite. The president’s men and the press scramble to uncover the truth behind the mysterious deaths of public officials. The task of uncovering the mystery is assigned to the president’s most powerful and trusted cabinet member Dupe Ajayi (Joke Silva) and the country’s Inspector of Police, Shobowale (Segun Arinze)

Meanwhile, Kene Alumona (CBA), an unsuspecting young man decides to take a thirty day trip to his homeland after living fifteen years in the USA. Unaware of the political climate in the country, Kene meets and falls for a seemingly quiet and pretty young woman Chinora Onu (Genevieve Nnaji). Kene’s thirty day vacation turns into a hellish ride on the train of political intrigue, revenge, murder, lies and treachery. Are the murders random killings or is someone intentionally killing off these politicians? Who will be next? How far does the rabbit hole go? The answers may surprise you.

What is happening in this industry??
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by KanaLyn(f): 12:15am On May 02, 2006
I attended the premiere of this movie in MD. The movie is great. A guaranteed upgrade from what we are used to seeing. Mildred, Chet, Gene, they all did a great job. They had the entire theatre's attention captured, laughing out loud and et cetera. I would recommend it. The DVD version should be out sometime soon I hope.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by jagunlabi(m): 3:00pm On May 02, 2006
What you do not know,gbade,is that a lot of movies shot on celluloid get converted to HD resolution(1920 x 1080) for digital editing,anyway.So whatever advantage celluloid have on HD images is lost during scanning.The other popular resolution into which celluloid footages get scanned for editing is the 2k resolution which is only minimally higher than HD.So what is all the celluloid hue and cry about?Like you have been told before,a converted HD master tape to a film material is just as good as original film images.
grafikdon:

I don't think so. It shouldn't be a big deal though 'cause a lot of high profile Hollywood studios shoot in High Def and do the film coversion afterwards.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by gbadex1(m): 6:12pm On May 02, 2006
RRRAAARRRGGGHHHH, f-ck it all!!!!! ok, ok you'all have made your point, but y'all have made it without seeing my own point. truth is, celluoid is still important in terms of video quality. or perhaps should i say for threatrical release, it's the sh*t. if George Lucas could convert Star Wars to celluloid from HD, then i think it's worth it. unless them peops are not releasing "30 days" for threatrical consumption. sh*t sucks man. i can as well get my camcorder out and start making "movies/videos" (*lol, i'm only kidding tongue cheesy, please don't crucify me people!!! tongue cheesy!!!)
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by ariztos(m): 2:37pm On May 03, 2006

Log on to the ariztos forum for some more pics.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by queen2(f): 3:15pm On May 03, 2006
wow! wat a nice pics, genny is beautiful
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Hotstepper(f): 7:32pm On May 03, 2006
nice pix, gurl any1 i believe can be beautiful, money is powerful with correct makeup artist, go genny
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by ariztos(m): 1:56pm On May 05, 2006
Pictures from the Nollywood Movie Premiere of "30 Days"

and from the "Save Darfur" march

have been uploaded to the ARIZTOS Photo Gallery.

Log on to www.ariztos.com/photogallery.php to check them out.

"Sumtin" for you,
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Hotstepper(f): 2:55am On May 09, 2006
aww, see ma cuzzin chet looking good
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by sade511(f): 2:57am On May 09, 2006
Hotstepper ya'll look a lot alike.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Badman888(m): 1:26am On May 10, 2006
why do they have to go to yankee for the premier dont they do it in their home countries 1st
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Hotstepper(f): 2:21am On May 10, 2006
Sade11, 10x

hmmmm the movie was done both in Nigeria and America for those wondering

it has been showen in MD and next is one city in canada, either montreal or toronto them to Europe b4 Naija and then the movie will be available on vcds cry
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by ciaragirl(f): 10:46pm On Jun 04, 2006
i would like to watch it
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Seun(m): 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2006
ThiefOfHearts: I saw "30 days", Genevieve's new movie, She and and the producer came to the Nigerian Reunion in ATL to show it. The movie was a total ripoff of "Set It Off", only difference was that this one was more poltical than about mere survival. There's a scene with thois guy who supposedly just came from America and he gave Gene ORAL while they were in bed. It had to be the most uncomfortable thing I ever watched. Ugh, they are trying TOO hard to be what they are not, or not what they were raised to be.
From www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-32182.128.html#msg746645. Hmmm!
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2006
lol Suen. thanks for the lookout. tongue

But yea. it was ok but not that great. too derivative, the ending wasnt good and well like I said that "oral" scene was just WEIRD.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by gbadex1(m): 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2006
Well it only means there's a HEADY improvement in HEAD given by Nigerian HEADS!!!
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by ddizzle(f): 6:54am On Dec 08, 2006
i havent watched the film but which one concerns me with head or no head, at least it will be better than the hug me i hug you!
ive seen the trailer and what makes me want to watch it is not the fact that genevieve, cba or anybody is in it, its to see the progress nollywood is making,
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:53pm On Dec 08, 2006
progress of ripping off more lame Hollywood movies, if that's the progress that you mean then they are surely improving in that sense.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by Seun(m): 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2006
You should read en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_on_the_shoulders_of_giants for more understanding.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:14pm On Dec 08, 2006
They're standing on the wrong giants.
Re: 30 Days: A Nice Nollywood Movie? by gbadex1(m): 9:05pm On Dec 08, 2006
Actually, giving Genevieve HEAD by HEADS shows there's HEADY improvement in being a cheerful giver!!! Giant? Yeah right!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Big Dreams Talent House: Kelly Sampa Holds Culinary Lectures / Zeeworld: Monday Update On Twist Of Fate Episode 80 - 81 / Oneal Evicted From Big Brother Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.