Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,448 members, 7,819,658 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent (908 Views)

Help My Tribal Brother Has 8 Kids And The Wife Is Heavily Pregnant. / I Dislike My Small Stature / Between A Girl Child And A Boy Child In Single Parentage, Which Is Preferable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by nlPoster: 9:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
Some Nigerians dislike the idea of intermixing of Nigerian tribes, ie two Nigerians of different tribes marrying and producing offspring.

Let's hear your objections.

Pagan9ja (if you're around), this thread is not for you, you've spammed the forum with dozens or hundreds of threads letting us know you are not in support of tribal intermixing. So we're already aware how you feel about it. Allow others to voice their opinions as well.
Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by missjo(f): 9:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
What the hell is tribal intermixing and why should it be a problem?
The genetic codes are not different among sub-saharan Africans. Ethnicities & tribes are human inventions.

If this was a conversation about intermixing races, then there would be a conversation. Well,in my opinion of course.

2 Likes

Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by nlPoster: 9:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
missjo:
What the hell is tribal intermixing and why should it be a problem?
The genetic codes are not different among sub-saharan Africans. Ethnicities & tribes are human inventions.

If this was a conversation about intermixing races, then there would be a conversation. Well,in my opinion of course.

It's about intermixing between two different Nigerian tribes.

Some people don't like that, their opinion is as valid as any other, I don't feel they should not be allowed to voice their objections.

Are you Nigerian?

2 Likes

Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by missjo(f): 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
nairalandposter:

It's about intermixing between two different Nigerian tribes.

Some people don't like that, their opinion is as valid as any other, I don't feel they should not be allowed to voice their objections.

Are you Nigerian?
Lol,my first question was rhetorical. I don't see the problem in mixing tribes that belong to the same genetic sub-group.
There is no scientific or biological case to be made out of it, and while i understand there are people who do not like it, it is usually out of cultural prejudices, nothing substantial.

I am part Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by nlPoster: 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2019
missjo:

Lol,my first question was rhetorical. I don't see the problem in mixing tribes that belong to the same genetic sub-group.
There is no scientific or biological case to be made out of it, and while i understand there are people who do not like it, it is usually out of cultural prejudices, nothing substantial.

I am part Nigerian

Nigerians adapt better (perhaps) to half Nigerian half non Nigerian mixes than they do intertribal Nigerian ancestry.

Meaning they aren't likely disturb you as much if your mixture is part Nigerian part non Nigerian. Speaking of a black/African context generally.

People who do not approve of Nigerian intertribal mixtures, can voice their opinion on this thread, I'm very interested.

1 Like

Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by sisisioge: 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hmmm, while we frown on inter tribal marriages here in Nigeria, same us are simply delighted to find someone that remotely share our skin colour or nationality while outside the country. My point is that, we discriminate against people that are of our nationality while safely tucked in Nigeria but once we cross the shore of this country, we are just so glad to meet our Nigerian brothers/sisters regardless of their ethnicity.

Anyways, I admire people who are able to cross their ethnic groups to pick their spouses from another. But I'm afraid, just very afraid to imagine my Yoruba self being married to an Igbo bobo even though I have more Igbos in my caucus than any other tribe. I've got Igbo friends who have become my sisters, my favourite ex is Igbo, I love and cook their foods, I've got favourite Igbo names, I love the language, etc...yet...

As for Hausa... Well because I grew up there, I feel like one of them so marrying from there doesn't seem so alien.

The Fulani's...wow, bring that on!

The South South...well, they are kinda close to my tribe. Eg, Edo, and some part of delta. So yes.

Overall, I think its best for us not to bother mixing tribe even though its unpatriotic to discriminate. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by GreetMe(m): 10:53pm On Sep 30, 2019
Intertribal Nigerians are the best people I have ever come across in this country! I don't know why
Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by mysticgal(f): 10:54pm On Sep 30, 2019
I am from a mixed parentage and intend on doing so too if I find one, IF. Where is the fun in been on your own or where is the fun in not sharing cheesy
Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by Richy4(m): 6:27am On Oct 01, 2019
We are one.. The difference is just communication.. By saying inter mixing tribe in terms of marriage.. when an Ibo and a yoruba decided to get married, will their kids have blue eyes, blond hair and olive coloured skins?

1 Like

Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 01, 2019
Why would anyone have a problem with intertribal marriages? Nigeria has much bigger problems than this.
Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by missjo(f): 6:43am On Oct 01, 2019
sisisioge:

Overall, I think its best for us not to bother mixing tribe even though its unpatriotic to discriminate. May God help us.
Why?
Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by missjo(f): 6:46am On Oct 01, 2019
nairalandposter:

Nigerians adapt better (perhaps) to half Nigerian half non Nigerian mixes than they do intertribal Nigerian ancestry.

Meaning they aren't likely disturb you as much if your mixture is part Nigerian part non Nigerian. Speaking of a black/African context generally.

People who do not approve of Nigerian intertribal mixtures, can voice their opinion on this thread, I'm very interested.
Well then, I'm hoping to read the reasons that will be given for this disapproval
Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by sisisioge: 7:38am On Oct 01, 2019
missjo:

Why?

Because we are deeply discriminative of other tribes while in our home country. It goes as far back as several generations. Fixing it now will require a lot of work across several generations. By the time we have it sorted, our generation to the 4th generation to come would have been long gone.

If I dare bring an Igbo bobo home, my father won't bother coming for the wedding grin. But once I leave this country, I'm free to marry whoever I please. Isn't that grossly funny? Well, it is what it is.

Take NL intertribal wars for example, those people actually do hate one another. If you take the time to read between the lines, you would realize just how much. It is well fa.

1 Like

Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by GrossPrice: 10:26am On Oct 01, 2019
mysticgal:
I am from a mixed parentage and intend on doing so too if I find one, IF. Where is the fun in been on your own or where is the fun in not sharing cheesy

Ohhh how refreshing;

What parts if I am allowed to ask?
Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by missjo(f): 10:46am On Oct 01, 2019
sisisioge:

Because we are deeply discriminative of other tribes while in our home country. It goes as far back as several generations. Fixing it now will require a lot of work across several generations. By the time we have it sorted, our generation to the 4th generation to come would have been long gone.

If I dare bring an Igbo bobo home, my father won't bother coming for the wedding grin. But once I leave this country, I'm free to marry whoever I please. Isn't that grossly funny? Well, it is what it is.

Take NL intertribal wars for example, those people actually do hate one another. If you take the time to read between the lines, you would realize just how much. It is well fa.
Interesting
Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by mysticgal(f): 11:01am On Oct 01, 2019
Igbo and efik
GrossPrice:

Ohhh how refreshing;

What parts if I am allowed to ask?
Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by folake4u(f): 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2019
[quote author=mysticgal post=82734242]Igbo and efik[/quote
Wow, a combo you don't see everyday!
Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by mysticgal(f): 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lol, I guess so
[quote author=folake4u post=82738040][/quote]
Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by Maduawuchukwu(m): 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
sisisioge:
Hmmm, while we frown on inter tribal marriages here in Nigeria, same us are simply delighted to find someone that remotely share our skin colour or nationality while outside the country. My point is that, we discriminate against people that are of our nationality while safely tucked in Nigeria but once we cross the shore of this country, we are just so glad to meet our Nigerian brothers/sisters regardless of their ethnicity.

Anyways, I admire people who are able to cross their ethnic groups to pick their spouses from another. But I'm afraid, just very afraid to imagine my Yoruba self being married to an Igbo bobo even though I have more Igbos in my caucus than any other tribe. I've got Igbo friends who have become my sisters, my favourite ex is Igbo, I love and cook their foods, I've got favourite Igbo names, I love the language, etc...yet...

As for Hausa... Well because I grew up there, I feel like one of them so marrying from there doesn't seem so alien.

The Fulani's...wow, bring that on!

The South South...well, they are kinda close to my tribe. Eg, Edo, and some part of delta. So yes.

You no be Igbo? Wow!!
Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by sisisioge: 6:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
Maduawuchukwu:

You no be Igbo? Wow!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I'm Yoruba...the oge in my moniker doesn't mean time(igbo) it means fashion(Yoruba). By the way, I'm not tribalistic o, I am a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by nlPoster: 7:04pm On Oct 01, 2019
mysticgal:

Some people don't like it.
Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by mysticgal(f): 7:40pm On Oct 01, 2019
Which is dumb, are they pure breeds themselves
nairalandposter:

Some people don't like it.
Re: Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent by nlPoster: 11:55am On Nov 21, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Relocating. Shop And Equipments For Sale pictures / Help..i Feel My Husband Doesn't Love Me Anymore / Dad Attempts To Beat His Graduate Daughter For Wanting To Become A Youtuber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.