Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,131 members, 7,821,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Omphaloism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Omphaloism (657 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omphaloism by budaatum: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2019

Re: Omphaloism by LordReed(m): 6:21pm On May 26, 2021
A trickster god. LoL
Re: Omphaloism by Image123(m): 7:51pm On May 26, 2021
budaatum:
Omphaloism!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omphalos_hypothesis

Lol, you read "implied" i hope? Read carefully and cure persistent ignorance, the Bible doesn't say the earth was created in your implied time.
Re: Omphaloism by Image123(m): 7:52pm On May 26, 2021
LordReed:
A trickster god. LoL

Rather a careless student of the Word.
Re: Omphaloism by budaatum: 7:53pm On May 26, 2021
Image123:

Lol, you read "implied" i hope? Read carefully and cure persistent ignorance, the Bible doesn't say the earth was created in your implied time.

Care to elaborate where I implied any time?
Re: Omphaloism by Image123(m): 7:56pm On May 26, 2021
budaatum:

Care to elaborate where I implied any time?

The wiki picture you shared, you must have read it i suppose?
Re: Omphaloism by budaatum: 9:09pm On May 26, 2021
Image123:

The wiki picture you shared, you must have read it i suppose?

And my reading it suggests to you that I am under the impression that the Bible says "the earth was created" in my "implied time"?

Care to explain how you arrived at that conclusion please? I really am interested.
Re: Omphaloism by Image123(m): 9:58pm On May 26, 2021
budaatum:

And my reading it suggests to you that I am under the impression that the Bible says "the earth was created" in my "implied time"?

Care to explain how you arrived at that conclusion please? I really am interested.

Do you agree with what you shared or no?
Re: Omphaloism by budaatum: 10:18pm On May 26, 2021
Image123:

Do you agree with what you shared or no?

What do you mean by "agreed" with what I shared?

That some "believe that the universe was created by a divine being, within the past six to ten thousand years (in keeping with flood geology), and that the presence of objective, verifiable evidence that the universe is older than approximately ten millennia is due to the creator introducing false evidence that makes the universe appear significantly older"?

That "Various supporters of Young Earth creationism have given different explanations for their belief that the universe is filled with false evidence of the universe's age, including a belief that some things needed to be created at a certain age for the ecosystems to function, or their belief that the creator was deliberately planting deceptive evidence"?

If so, yes I do agree with what I shared that says some believe that way as you would find in this thread, along with some who think it is written in their Bible that the earth is flat, which is why the thread was created.
Re: Omphaloism by LordReed(m): 10:23pm On May 26, 2021
budaatum:

That some "believe that the universe was created by a divine being, within the past six to ten thousand years (in keeping with flood geology), and that the presence of objective, verifiable evidence that the universe is older than approximately ten millennia is due to the creator introducing false evidence that makes the universe appear significantly older"?

That "Various supporters of Young Earth creationism have given different explanations for their belief that the universe is filled with false evidence of the universe's age, including a belief that some things needed to be created at a certain age for the ecosystems to function, or their belief that the creator was deliberately planting deceptive evidence"?

If so, yes I do agree with what I shared that says some believe that way as you would find in this thread, along with some who think it is written in their Bible that the earth is flat, which is why the thread was created.

Dude is just looking for who to argue with by nitpicking and jumping to conclusions. I suggest you not waste your time.
Re: Omphaloism by MrPresident1: 10:23pm On May 26, 2021
buda for eartum aka budaatum what is this your thread about, shey you are saying that planet earth is 6000years old ni?
Re: Omphaloism by budaatum: 10:26pm On May 26, 2021
MrPresident1:
buda for eartum aka budaatum what is this your thread about, shey you are saying that planet earth is 6000years old ni?

Of course not, which is also what Image123 seems to be assuming or that I am claiming anything of the sort is written or implied in the Bible!
Re: Omphaloism by MrPresident1: 10:32pm On May 26, 2021
budaatum:

Of course not, which is also what Image123 seems to be assuming or that I am claiming anything of the sort is written or implied in the Bible!

The Bible did not say planet earth is 6,000years old. The Bible is about the creation of man in the image of God. Before man in the image of God, there was mankind in the image of anything.
Re: Omphaloism by budaatum: 10:37pm On May 26, 2021
LordReed:

Dude is just look for who to argue with by nitpicking and jumping to conclusions. I suggest you not waste your time.

The English Word, and any words for that matter, are not so easily understood I have found, so one must find it in ones heart to love, as in show compassion to those who might misunderstand what one has written since it might even be that I might not have expressed myself clearly enough to be understood.

We'll wait and see if Image123 is just nitpicking and deal with him appropriately if that is what one finds, but for now I see questions which indicate a willingness to be informed of my thinking which I always gladly would oblige.

It's a slow day my Lord, and you know I got the patience and the will to give the benefit of the doubt to those who are willing to use the brain inside their heads until they prove otherwise.
Re: Omphaloism by budaatum: 10:42pm On May 26, 2021
MrPresident1:

The Bible did not say planet earth is 6,000years old. The Bible is about the creation of man in the image of God. Before man in the image of God, there was mankind in the image of anything.

I suggest you go tell that to those who claim their Bible said to them that "planet earth is 6,000years old", unless you want to be teaching me what I already know, which is that Bibles don't say anything.

We read the Bible and then some lie that their Bible spoke the crap they invent inside their own heads to them, is what I have found.
Re: Omphaloism by Image123(m): 11:24pm On May 26, 2021
budaatum:

Here, your link says " a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation narrative, which implies that the Earth is only a few thousand years old."
You are here saying that SOME people say so. i have no problem with that, but your links calls it a literal interpretation of the Bible. that is where the disagreement is.
Re: Omphaloism by Image123(m): 11:25pm On May 26, 2021
LordReed:

Dude is just looking for who to argue with by nitpicking and jumping to conclusions. I suggest you not waste your time.

Stop sulking reed. Be a gracious learner, not a sore loser.
Re: Omphaloism by Image123(m): 11:26pm On May 26, 2021
budaatum:

Exactly, but you seem to have clarified or separated yourself from the link. So, carry on as it were.
Re: Omphaloism by LordReed(m): 11:54pm On May 26, 2021
Image123:

Stop sulking reed. Be a gracious learner, not a sore loser.

Take your own advice. I have never seen you acknowledge you learnt something from anybody on here.
Re: Omphaloism by budaatum: 12:30am On May 27, 2021
Image123:

Here, your link says " a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation narrative, which implies that the Earth is only a few thousand years old."
You are here saying that SOME people say so. i have no problem with that, but your links calls it a literal interpretation of the Bible. that is where the disagreement is.

Sounds like you want a discussion about "literal interpretations", or what people infer from what might be implied.

Some have and still do selectively literally interpret their reading of the Bible that way as you can see from the links I posted to such people right here on Nairaland. In fact, if you get your hands on an old King James Version, you'd see the exact date of creation in the margins as determined by Bishop Ussher, which makes such literal interpretations easier to infer since it is literally implied

American fundamentalists in 1925 found—and generally accepted as accurate—Ussher’s careful calculation of dates, going all the way back to Creation, in the margins of their family Bibles. (In fact, until the 1970s, the Bibles placed in nearly every hotel room by the Gideon Society carried his chronology.)
Bishop James Ussher Sets the Date for Creation: October 23, 4004 B.C.

Literal interpreting - also sometimes erroneously referred to as fundamentalism, which it is similar to but not exactly the same thing as - is simply what we read someone did when Christ is written to have said "unless one is born again, one shall not enter the Kingdom of God". One may say Jesus implied one should enter back into one's mother's womb to be born as a baby again, and you will still hear some ask how a grown person is to enter their mother's womb to be reborn, an understanding they themselves infer based on a literal interpretation of what Christ is written to have said, which is why I do not give countenance to those who claim "the Bible says" (implies), when the truth is the Bible did not say anything and we all refer to what we understand from our reading of what is written in the Bible and claim, lie even, that the Bible said what we ourselves inferred. Paul would describe such people as those who spake as a child and understood as a child, and thought as a child and who have not yet put away childish things and become mature adults.

Its what you yourself did here by initially implying I meant what you inferred until you decided to question me face to face so you may know in whole (devoid of inferences) what I meant by my post.

Literally speaking, you became as a child by giving me the benefit of the doubt that what you inferred might not exactly be what I implied, and by abiding faith, hope and the greatest of these which is charity towards buda your fellow human being, you put away the initial childish inferences, became an adult and are hopefully reborn with a new clearer understanding of what buda wrote. I hope.
Re: Omphaloism by Image123(m): 10:27am On May 27, 2021
budaatum:

Sounds like you want a discussion about "literal interpretations", or what people infer from what might be implied.

Some have and still do selectively literally interpret their reading of the Bible that way as you can see from the links I posted to such people right here on Nairaland. In fact, if you get your hands on an old King James Version, you'd see the exact date of creation in the margins as determined by Bishop Ussher, which makes such literal interpretations easier to infer since it is literally implied

American fundamentalists in 1925 found—and generally accepted as accurate—Ussher’s careful calculation of dates, going all the way back to Creation, in the margins of their family Bibles. (In fact, until the 1970s, the Bibles placed in nearly every hotel room by the Gideon Society carried his chronology.)
Bishop James Ussher Sets the Date for Creation: October 23, 4004 B.C.

Literal interpreting - also sometimes erroneously referred to as fundamentalism, which it is similar to but not exactly the same thing as - is simply what we read someone did when Christ is written to have said "unless one is born again, one shall not enter the Kingdom of God". One may say Jesus implied one should enter back into one's mother's womb to be born as a baby again, and you will still hear some ask how a grown person is to enter their mother's womb to be reborn, an understanding they themselves infer based on a literal interpretation of what Christ is written to have said, which is why I do not give countenance to those who claim "the Bible says" (implies), when the truth is the Bible did not say anything and we all refer to what we understand from our reading of what is written in the Bible and claim, lie even, that the Bible said what we ourselves inferred. Paul would describe such people as those who spake as a child and understood as a child, and thought as a child and who have not yet put away childish things and become mature adults.

Its what you yourself did here by initially implying I meant what you inferred until you decided to question me face to face so you may know in whole (devoid of inferences) what I meant by my post.

Literally speaking, you became as a child by giving me the benefit of the doubt that what you inferred might not exactly be what I implied, and by abiding faith, hope and the greatest of these which is charity towards buda your fellow human being, you put away the initial childish inferences, became an adult and are hopefully reborn with a new clearer understanding of what buda wrote. I hope.

Yes i assumed that you agreed with your OP, you have since stated that you don't so i'm fine. The Bible is not Usher or any other preacher. The Bible never stated or implied the age of the Earth. It is that simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omphaloism by Image123(m): 10:28am On May 27, 2021
LordReed:

Take your own advice. I have never seen you acknowledge you learnt something from anybody on here.

Search harder, you should find what you seek reed. Good to see you took the advice.
Re: Omphaloism by LordReed(m): 11:31am On May 27, 2021
Image123:

Search harder, you should find what you seek reed. Good to see you took the advice.

LMAO! Always looking for my attention. The kinda replies you seek won't be coming. grin wink

1 Like

Re: Omphaloism by Image123(m): 1:00pm On May 27, 2021
LordReed:

LMAO! Always looking for my attention. The kinda replies you seek won't be coming. grin wink

If i always look for your attention, i will always quote or mention you. Fact is i don't. Stop sulking, behave your age.
Re: Omphaloism by LordReed(m): 1:35pm On May 27, 2021
Image123:

If i always look for your attention, i will always quote or mention you. Fact is i don't. Stop sulking, behave your age.

LMAO! Says the guy who follows me specifically so he can quote or mention me. Bwahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Omphaloism by Image123(m): 1:47pm On May 27, 2021
LordReed:

LMAO! Says the guy who follows me specifically so he can quote or mention me. Bwahahahahaha!

Do you know the meaning of "always"? You can phone a friend or ask close family members for help?
Re: Omphaloism by kingxsamz(m): 1:57pm On May 27, 2021
LordReed:

That clown followed me to food section just to tell me this. grin

Re: Omphaloism by Image123(m): 2:29pm On May 27, 2021
kingxsamz:

Living rent free in sammy's life and mind, all thanks to his mum's prayers. My harmless and friendly call to repentance are continually etched in the inner crevices of his young mind. Hallelujah.
Re: Omphaloism by kingxsamz(m): 3:02pm On May 27, 2021
Image123:

Living rent free in sammy's life and mind, all thanks to his mum's prayers. My harmless and friendly call to repentance are continually etched in the inner crevices of his young mind. Hallelujah.

Can't you see we're the ones living rent free In your head? grin grin Always talking about "mum" in every sentence. That's how I know you're frustrated and trying too hard to be annoying. grin I even thought CAPSLOCKED and I were the ones you usually stalk, I didn't know you stalk LordReed too.
You no really get work, if to say you get, you no go dey pursue your fellow man everywhere for Nairaland. grin grin
Abeg comot. This is the last time I'll reply to your foolishness on this forum. Once I see your yeye mention, I won't bother reading. Make I leave you make you dey reply yourself.
Mumu man. grin
Have fun masturbat!NG to my posts. Creep. grin
Re: Omphaloism by LordReed(m): 3:15pm On May 27, 2021
kingxsamz:

Don't mind the joker. Always forming high horse and ignoring his obvious hypocrisy. LoL.

1 Like

Re: Omphaloism by Image123(m): 3:17pm On May 27, 2021
kingxsamz:

Abeg comot. This is the last time I'll reply to your foolishness on this forum. Once I see your yeye mention, I won't bother reading.

Try keeping to your own words. This is not your first time, neither are you under duress. Tell mummy to stop the prayers, sammy. Or better still, don't exhibit outright folly.
Re: Omphaloism by LordReed(m): 3:18pm On May 27, 2021
kingxsamz:

Can't you see we're the ones living rent free In your head? grin grin Always talking about "mum" in every sentence. That's how I know you're frustrated and trying too hard to be annoying. grin I even thought CAPSLOCKED and I were the ones you usually stalk, I didn't know you stalk LordReed too.
You no really get work, if to say you get, you no go dey pursue your fellow man everywhere for Nairaland. grin grin
Abeg comot. This is the last time I'll reply to your foolishness on this forum. Once I see your yeye mention, I won't bother reading. Make I leave you make you dey reply yourself.
Mumu man. grin
Have fun masturbat!NG to my posts. Creep. grin

LoL! He will come and say you are being sour just cos you don't want to play his stupìd word games. Bwahahahaha!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Focus on Jesus / Junior Pastor Hires Hitman To Kill Senior Pastor Plus Judge Who Sentenced Him!!! / I Believe In Conditional Security and Once Saved Always Saved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.