Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. (1149 Views)

A Gown Made Of Broken Mirrors: Behold Billionaire Oil Heiress Ivy Getty Weds In / The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take 2. / Nina Ivy Vs Miracle Ikechukwu: Why Do Ladies Like Playing Victim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2019
The Human Intellect.
GiantParrot, I dedicate this thread to you.
In an earlier thread of mine,bi stated that both genders intelligence are equal and that the measure of one's IQ is not influenced by sex but individual genetic factors.
I promised to bring facts and I never disappoint.I went online and using Google, I got the below informations. Which beforehand, I will summarize for the sake of those who don't like long epistles.
Almost a period of one hundred years a general agreement has been reached that there is no sex difference in overall general intelligence. Several studies have been reported gender differences in intelligence. They support gender differences in specific cognitive abilities; some support females and some support males but many of studies find no sex differences in intelligence.
Wendy and Johnson (2007) investigates 436 (188 males, 248 females) participants (ages were between 18-79) from Australia, Great Britain and North America. Their result have shown that there was a very small gender difference in general mental ability but males clearly performed better on Visio-spatial tasks while females performed better on tests of verbal usage and perceptual speed.

Rammstedt and Rammsayer (2000) have been investigated on 105 German students and concluded that male self-estimates were significantly higher for logical-mathematical and spatial intelligences, while female estimates were significantly higher for musical and interpersonal intelligences.

Reilly and Mulhern (1995) estimated the intelligence of 125 (45 male and 80 female) of students at Queen`s University using the WAIS. They found there was no gender significant difference in their measured intelligence. However, men in the sample appeared to overestimate their intelligence, while the women were quite accurate in estimating their intelligence.

It's one thing to conduct studies, so I brought this also.
Women with incredible measures of IQ.
Marilyn vos Savant. Marilyn vos Savant is an American magazine columnist, author, lecturer, and playwright. She was listed as having the highest recorded intelligence quotient (IQ) in the Guinness Book of Records.
Fabiola Mann is a seventeen-year-old teen prodigy. She has scored the highest score on Mensa of 162, which is about two points higher than that of the famous physicist Stephen Hawking and the great scientist of past, Albert Einstein.
Olivia Manning was tested through the Mensa I.Q Supervised test at the young age of 12. She surprised the whole world by becoming the second person along with Fabiola Mann to score more than 160 in the year 2012. The score of 160 is a popular landmark because as we have talked about it before, the same score was achieved by Stephen Hawking and Albert Einstein.

There were plenty more women which can be checked here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://listsurge.com/top-10-women-with-highest-iq-in-the-world/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjl5YLmsfvkAhVGiFwKHeqEC6gQFjAMegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw1ZKm_A32zLx9uDLD17S4Xx&ampcf=1

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
The truth is that in terms of intelligence, there is hardly any difference between both genders.

It is true that men have achieved plenty since the beginning of time, in nearly every aspect ranging from science to music. From philosophy to art and so on. But like I once stated, it's not solely because women don't have the ability to do the same. But foremost society, since ancient of times has carved out of the role each woman is expected to play centering on domestic duties. The world had bore witness to historic women who were murdered for doing contrary. I will insert a link. wink
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/hypatia-ancient-alexandrias-great-female-scholar-10942888/&ved=2ahUKEwiq4PncuPvkAhVTQkEAHQOxB9sQFjARegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1IXFBuo29ndgDt-LRF8zvB
Intellectual, women have the same capabilities as any man. The problem though that we should focus on it the need of Knowledge and the importance of applying it. In terms of innovation, Africa holds a torch for emerging last. This issue is not gender based. And I will ensure to create a thread highlightening my points.
This is for GiantParrot. kiss

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by smithes: 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
smithes:
Nice
Thanks. Africa in general needs to embrace ADVANCEMENT.
And we are to take her there.

2 Likes

Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2019
Amatarasha
funmisticqueen
Adaibeku
Sandra8
Ubunja
Martinez39 (this isn't a miseducation)
Rekhina
Funmmyastic
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Amatarasha(f): 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2019
Blackivy29:
Amatarasha
funmisticqueen
Adaibeku
Sandra8
Ubunja
Martinez39 (this isn't a miseducation)
Rekhina
Funmmyastic
that martinez39 will come crying like a baby soon

1 Like

Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Funmmyastic: 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2019
smiley wink Job well done Ivy.

1 Like

Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2019
Amatarasha:
he's mature nah. kiss
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Funmmyastic: 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
grin
Amatarasha:
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2019
Funmmyastic:
smiley wink Job well done Ivy.
thanks love. Women can accomplish alot. We just need to DO it. We got the brains to.
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Funmmyastic: 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2019
Blackivy29:
thanks love. Women can accomplish alot. We just need to DO it. We got the brains to.

Yes,and we are not ready to back out anytime soon.We got the same intellect and intelligence.
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2019
Funmmyastic:

Yes,and we are not ready to back out anytime soon.We got the same intellect and intelligence.
Add determination and will to that equation. A powerful combo. wink
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Funmmyastic: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
Blackivy29:
Add determination and will to that equation. A powerful combo. wink

Yeeeeaaahhhh,the sky will be our starting point.
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
Blackivy29:
The Human Intellect.
GiantParrot, I dedicate this thread to you.
In an earlier thread of mine,bi stated that both genders intelligence are equal and that the measure of one's IQ is not influenced by sex but individual genetic factors.
I promised to bring facts and I never disappoint.I went online and using Google, I got the below informations. Which beforehand, I will summarize for the sake of those who don't like long epistles.
Almost a period of one hundred years a general agreement has been reached that there is no sex difference in overall general intelligence. Several studies have been reported gender differences in intelligence. They support gender differences in specific cognitive abilities; some support females and some support males but many of studies find no sex differences in intelligence.
Wendy and Johnson (2007) investigates 436 (188 males, 248 females) participants (ages were between 18-79) from Australia, Great Britain and North America. Their result have shown that there was a very small gender difference in general mental ability but males clearly performed better on Visio-spatial tasks while females performed better on tests of verbal usage and perceptual speed.

Rammstedt and Rammsayer (2000) have been investigated on 105 German students and concluded that male self-estimates were significantly higher for logical-mathematical and spatial intelligences, while female estimates were significantly higher for musical and interpersonal intelligences.

Reilly and Mulhern (1995) estimated the intelligence of 125 (45 male and 80 female) of students at Queen`s University using the WAIS. They found there was no gender significant difference in their measured intelligence. However, men in the sample appeared to overestimate their intelligence, while the women were quite accurate in estimating their intelligence.

It's one thing to conduct studies, so I brought this also.
Women with incredible measures of IQ.
Marilyn vos Savant. Marilyn vos Savant is an American magazine columnist, author, lecturer, and playwright. She was listed as having the highest recorded intelligence quotient (IQ) in the Guinness Book of Records.
Fabiola Mann is a seventeen-year-old teen prodigy. She has scored the highest score on Mensa of 162, which is about two points higher than that of the famous physicist Stephen Hawking and the great scientist of past, Albert Einstein.
Olivia Manning was tested through the Mensa I.Q Supervised test at the young age of 12. She surprised the whole world by becoming the second person along with Fabiola Mann to score more than 160 in the year 2012. The score of 160 is a popular landmark because as we have talked about it before, the same score was achieved by Stephen Hawking and Albert Einstein.

There were plenty more women which can be checked here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://listsurge.com/top-10-women-with-highest-iq-in-the-world/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjl5YLmsfvkAhVGiFwKHeqEC6gQFjAMegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw1ZKm_A32zLx9uDLD17S4Xx&ampcf=1

I love this dear kiss a very intelligent research, nairaland babes are intelligent lots cool
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 01, 2019
Sandra8:

I love this dear kiss a very intelligent research, nairaland babes are intelligent lots cool
they want facts, i brought it. Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
Blackivy29:
they want facts, i brought it. Thanks dear.

Please keep serving then facts dear.
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
Sandra8:

Please keep serving then facts dear.
yes dear. Read you're yoruba?
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Lonelypacifist6: 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
The problem is women, "Not all", are lax and aren't competitive enough, Expect male to take charge of all affairs, and later come to cry about marginalisation and inequality. Hardly would you see a competitive and hardworking woman complain of the other gender, they don't expect things to be handed to them they GO for it.

2 Likes

Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 01, 2019
Blackivy29:
yes dear. Read you're yoruba?
Which post did you read this cheesy?

1 Like

Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
The problem is women, "Not all", are lax and aren't competitive enough, Expect male to take charge of all affairs, and later come to cry about marginalisation and inequality. Hardly would you see a competitive and hardworking woman complain of the other gender, they don't expect things to be handed to them they GO for it.
exactly. Like that you didnt generalize dear. Truth is Africa has a whole needs to start attaching importance to the use of ones initiative. The poor is interested in keeping body and soul together while the rich, in remaining rich. No room for creativeness. Well NO MORE. We march on to greatness. kiss

1 Like

Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
Sandra8:

Which post did you read this cheesy?
a moniker stated so. I need to learn the language. If you are, you got to teach me. wink
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Lonelypacifist6: 6:46pm On Oct 01, 2019
Blackivy29:
exactly. Like that you didnt generalize dear. Truth is Africa has a whole needs to start attaching importance to the use of ones initiative. The poor is interested in keeping body and soul together while the rich, in remaining rich. No room for creativeness. Well NO MORE. We march on to greatness. kiss
Well said, Africa is still wallowing in mediocrity, and Incompetence we'll get there.
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2019
Blackivy29:
a moniker stated so. I need to learn the language. If you are, you got to teach me. wink

As much as I love you dear I can't confirm or refute any claims dear. kiss

1 Like

Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by GiantParrot(m): 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2019
Blackivy29:
The Human Intellect.
GiantParrot, I....

I gave you a like for keeping to your word on searching for evidence. Well done for the effort at least. The article you presented mentioned a few studies and provided generic conclusions without revealing hard data. This leaves many questions unanswered about IQ distribution among men and women. More digging will need to be done.

Since you base your measure of intelligence on IQ, I have some questions for you. Questions 1&2 that can help with directing your thoughts in the search for hard data.

1. Marilyn Savant was said to scored 162 on the Mensa test. She's far from average. Based on your research, what would you say is the average male IQ and the average female IQ?

2. On IQ distribution, do you have any idea what the male-female ratio looks like for IQ scores that are 2 standard deviations above average? What about 3 standard deviations or 4 standard deviations above average?

3. In your earlier thread, you talked about intellectual capability being the primary requirement for leadership. Would you say it's undesirable to have people of average IQs lead those of higher IQs?

I have some things I'd like you to note below. It's just for information. You don't have to factor them in your response to my three questions above.

Notes:
1. I do not think IQ is a proper measure of actual intellectual ability. I believe exposure and education contribute immensely to actual intellectual ability while IQ is an indication of potential intellectual ability.

2. Stephen Hawkins and Albert Einstein IQ reports are speculative estimates. No one actually knows that they ever took an IQ test. I saw your article mentioned their IQs.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.biography.com/.amp/news/albert-einstein-iq
https://www.newsweek.com/what-stephen-hawkings-iq-score-late-physicist-called-people-who-care-losers-843895?amp=1

3. I believe leadership is a very complex matter. For a given situation, the kind of problems a leader has to guide his/her followers through determines the kind of leader required for that particular situation. Intellectual capacity maybe relevant up to a certain point, and other personality factors also come into play: the leaders temperament, susceptibility to neuroticism, agreeableness/disagreeableness, openness, conscientiousness, moral character, etc. Different mixes of these traits are useful in different situations.

4. The reason I asked you for evidence in your former thread is to nudge you towards having the mentality that you should be able to defend anything you present as fact with credible evidence

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by kazyhm(m): 7:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
I haven't see the thread that necessitate this research however, you tried as female trying to find reasons for disparity in gender IQ.

Your research is biased and your sample mean lack adequate data to accurately portray the IQ distribution of gender in every fields, regions and situation.

Pun aside, this is forum can be access all over the world, standard research and data should be presented in this type of debate.
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 01, 2019
GiantParrot:

I gave you a like for keeping to your word on searching for evidence. Well done for the effort at least. The article you presented mentioned a few studies and provided generic conclusions without revealing hard data. This leaves many questions unanswered about IQ distribution among men and women. More digging will need to be done.

Since you base your measure of intelligence on IQ, I have some questions for you. Questions 1&2 that can help with directing your thoughts in the search for hard data.

1. Marilyn Savant was said to scored 162 on the Mensa test. She's far from average. Based on your research, what would you say is the average male IQ and the average female IQ?

2. On IQ distribution, do you have any idea what the male-female ratio looks like for IQ scores that are 2 standard deviations above average? What about 3 standard deviations or 4 standard deviations above average?

3. In your earlier thread, you talked about intellectual capability being the primary requirement for leadership. Would you say it's undesirable to have people of average IQs lead those of higher IQs?

I have some things I'd like you to note below. It's just for information. You don't have to factor them in your response to my three questions above.

Notes:
1. I do not think IQ is a proper measure of actual intellectual ability. I believe exposure and education contribute immensely to actual intellectual ability while IQ is an indication of potential intellectual ability.

2. Stephen Hawkins and Albert Einstein IQ reports are speculative estimates. No one actually knows that they ever took an IQ test. I saw your article mentioned their IQs.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.biography.com/.amp/news/albert-einstein-iq
https://www.newsweek.com/what-stephen-hawkings-iq-score-late-physicist-called-people-who-care-losers-843895?amp=1

3. I believe leadership is a very complex matter. For a given situation, the kind of problems a leader has to guide his/her followers through determines the kind of leader required for that particular situation. Intellectual capacity maybe relevant up to a certain point, and other personality factors also come into play: the leaders temperament, susceptibility to neuroticism, agreeableness/disagreeableness, openness, conscientiousness, moral character, etc. Different mixes of these traits are useful in different situations.

4. The reason I asked you for evidence in your former thread is to nudge you towards having the mentality that you should be able to defend anything you present as fact with credible evidence

kiss

IQ like you put it is a test of the intellectual capabilities of an individual. Various factors affect intelligence ranging from nutrition to the environment. The essence of all I wrote was to defend my previous post. I backed up the studies conduct with the names of women alleged to have amazing IQs.

Leadership isn't all about intelligence. One needs to be capable to rule, physically, mentally and emotionally. If an individual with a lower IQ ticks all the box, then he/she is more fit to lead.

I will create another thread though after researching. In terms of the fact that neither Stephen Hawkins nor albert Einstein took the test, I'll investigate on how their IQs were gotten and the basics on which the test is conduct, taken and recorded. Goodnight
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2019
Sandra8:

As much as I love you dear I can't confirm or refute any claims dear. kiss
cry okay dear.

1 Like

Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
Well said, Africa is still wallowing in mediocrity, and Incompetence we'll get there.
like a seed. kiss goodnight dear.

1 Like

Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 01, 2019
Blackivy29:
cry okay dear.
Smile dear embarassed. You welcome kiss
Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
kazyhm:
I haven't see the thread that necessitate this research however, you tried as female trying to find reasons for disparity in gender IQ.

Your research is biased and your sample mean lack adequate data to accurately portray the IQ distribution of gender in every fields, regions and situation.

Pun aside, this is forum can be access all over the world, standard research and data should be presented in this type of debate.
the moniker I mentioned knows why. And I brought nothing but facts and studies taken from all over the world. Nothing I wrote is biased. I was challenged for stating that male and female IQs are equal. I proved my point. Goodnight

1 Like

Re: The Human Intellect. Ivy's Take. by GiantParrot(m): 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2019
Blackivy29:
kiss

IQ like you put it is a test of the intellectual capabilities of an individual. Various factors affect intelligence ranging from nutrition to the environment. The essence of all I wrote was to defend my previous post. I backed up the studies conduct with the names of women alleged to have amazing IQs.

Leadership isn't all about intelligence. One needs to be capable to rule, physically, mentally and emotionally. If an individual with a lower IQ ticks all the box, then he/she is more fit to lead.

I will create another thread though after researching. In terms of the fact that neither Stephen Hawkins nor albert Einstein took the test, I'll investigate on how their IQs were gotten and the basics on which the test is conduct, taken and recorder.

Look into it. Meanwhile I wouldn't call a report that doesn't have data a study. Your evidences are at best opinion pieces about studies without references to hard data from the studies. That's not very good evidence.

I can point you towards some evidences with data and reports from actual psychologists. Not mere opinion pieces by journalists who are usually influenced by personal politics.

At higher IQ scores, there are more men represented than women
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/higher/dr-paul-irwing-there-are-twice-as-many-men-as-women-with-an-iq-of-120-plus-426321.html?amp

Study with actual data:
The paper that supports the conventional wisdom is Jensen, A. R., & Reynolds, C. R. (1983). It finds that females have a 101.41 mean IQ with a 13.55 standard deviation versus males that have a 103.08 mean IQ with a 14.54 standard deviation.
https://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/SexDifferences.aspx

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16823409/

Abstract
Sex differences on the WISC-R in Chinese children were examined in a sample of 788 aged 12 years. Boys obtained a higher mean full scale IQ than girls of 3.75 IQ points, a higher performance IQ of 4.20 IQ points, and a higher verbal IQ of 2.40 IQ points.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886914006333

Standardized tests like the GRE, GMAT and LSAT which are proxies for IQ, also show a gender gap in performance.
https://www.clearadmit.com/2014/01/mba-gender-gap-attributable-gmat-test-score-gap/amp/

https://www.thedp.com/article/2008/01/colleen_honigsberg_closing_the_lsat_gender_gap

(1) (2) (Reply)

Father Uses Bible To Convince His Four Daughters To Sleep With Him In Lagos / Crazyemberr Is Blackivy. / Popular Pastor Thrown Away A Lady On Chair With Anger During Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.