Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,890 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job (29205 Views)

3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job / A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay / Guys, Never Look This Way If You Want To Keep Your Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 01, 2019
Viking007:
cheesy Me too! Resignation letter already saved. The pay is great but I can't come and kill myself.
That's a lie. Money is an incentive. If you're well payed for your youths, you won't have saved your resignation letter. tongue
Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by eagleonearth(m): 11:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
post=82753862:
BE YOUR OWN BOSS!

Entrepreneurship is bae!!
but the early days are dangerous and if you don't have discipline you can't go far

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by jacksparrowww: 11:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
@Mr. Dave
Please can i apply for that job of yours since you're wanna quit the job. I'm in dire need of a job.
Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Gwagone: 11:51pm On Oct 01, 2019
Nigeriahomebiz:
Good Afternoon Nairalanders,

This is my 4th Post here and I am only too happy to share my knowledge about what it takes to be self-employed working from home in Nigeria. In case you don't already have it send me an email to: nigeriahomebusiness@gmail.com to get a free copy of list of 20 home businesses you can start today in Nigeria.

Disclaimer: Some sentiments to this post will likely be in this Buhari economy when jobs are scarce why should anyone want to quit his job? I am not saying all will succeed in home business but you are better off than being employed on a job you hate. If you are one of such people please explain if getting paid peanuts can equate to making peanuts from your own sweat? Here goes today's post. How do you know it's time to quit a job? What are some ways to know if it's time to move on to something else? Let's set the ball rolling.

5 Ways to know when to quit your job

1. If your take home, can't take you home
If what you make in a month as salary cannot sustain you for 30 days or more and you have had that job for over a year, the only thing that should keep you on that job is if you have other means of making money from it or if you are gaining something else (new skills, connections or access to strategic information). If there is also a good chance your employer will give you a raise soon, you can still hang in there but where none of this applies, you are better of running your home based business.

2. You are not likely to be promoted beyond your current position
If you have a job where you have reached the ceiling, no more advancement or promotion for you that means your career options are now gone. If you want to see better things for yourself as far as career goes, you need to seek other opportunities e.g new job, start a new business or secure a second income stream.

3. You and the Job are not compatible
If you are 'stuck' on the job which means you want out because you can't use your initiative and drive to perform it well, that means you are tied down to doing what you really don't like. You tend to get better and eventually master what you love doing.

4. You are getting more stressed and less motivated
If you wake up feeling like a heavy load is on your body because you have work to go to and/or you don't feel like doing simple tasks you are being paid to do, that means your work is stressing you and you lack motivation to do it. The danger in staying long on a job like this is that you will slowly fall sick (emotionally and physically) over time if you remain on that job for a number of years to come.

5. Your job deprives you of quality time
If you don't know what your children are going through everyday because you return from work when they are asleep and leave for work before they wake up, you shouldn't blame them if they turn out to be different (in character and manners) from what you always wanted for them. Parental input in child upbringing contributes massively in the happiness and future success of children (that is scientific proof talking not me). Your job is interfering with your parenting duties.

Omo no salary

BITCOIN&GIFTCARD TRADER
Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Reucy(f): 11:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
Mypeople2:
cheesy Looking for 25years old virgin is like looking for the heart of an ant

Virgins are everywhere.. it's not written on the face. Funny enough it might shock you to know that people you think might not be one, might actually be virgins.

The Uncle should keep searching, Even that his name is scary. FIRSTORDERWIZARD. I'm still wondering the kind of prayer a virgin would make that he cannot do himself.
See, let him just go to God in Prayers with a broken heart, he's there to answer.
Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Reucy(f): 12:04am On Oct 02, 2019
Viking007:
cheesy Me too! Resignation letter already saved. The pay is great but I can't come and kill myself.

Pls, can you just link me up for the upcoming vacancy.. daughter of Zion is in dire need of a job. Pls save a soul.
I have all the requirements needed.
Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by principalgee: 12:17am On Oct 02, 2019
this is a so true.
most people that are suffering from any of these , refuse to quit the job due to fear of unknown.
believing that half bread is better than none forgetting that creativity is the master of all ideas.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by calliope(f): 1:04am On Oct 02, 2019
ZoeyJ:
if i quit who will feed me?
My exact thoughts until I got sicker and sicker by the day. Mehn, I'd rather live than die painfully and slowly over what?? Today is a week I resigned. And I don't regret it. Health first.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Truth801(m): 1:35am On Oct 02, 2019
clems88:
Can't just wait fr the year to end so I can finally dump this yeye job.

Thank God for online biz that pays me nothing less than triple of d yeye salary in 3 weeks.
boss link me up with online business. I am very interested in it and I need guidance
Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by balodihno14(m): 2:00am On Oct 02, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
Where is the job sef?

meanwhile,

A brother needs a 25 years old virgin for a very important prayer . He just need her to make some declarations (prayers) for him as requested by the prophet. He's willing to pay #20,000.
No physical contact needed. She just have to say the prayers in her location by mid night and that's all.
Pm me if you are interested.
FYI He's a Christian and very willing to provide all his details if you are in doubt.

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by xpee: 2:09am On Oct 02, 2019
My candid advice, think twice before you quit your job in this Buhari's era. We don't want to hear the story that touch....Business is not as easy as people always talk about it. You need the know-how, hardwork, persistence, patience, discipline, networking etc to build a viable business.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by deltateam: 2:22am On Oct 02, 2019
tropaz:
You mean every Nigerian should quit their hard secured jobs?

I'M STILL IN THE OFFICE AS I SPEAK TYPE THIS.

What hard secured job. Op gave disclaimer because he knew there will be people like you.

What's the essence of waking up by 6:00am preparing for a 7am job when at the long run, your stipend, I dare not call it salary will not take you for a mere 2 weeks!
Is it not madness?
Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by deltateam: 2:27am On Oct 02, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
Where is the job sef?

meanwhile,

A brother needs a 25 years old virgin for a very important prayer . He just need her to make some declarations (prayers) for him as requested by the prophet. He's willing to pay #20,000.
No physical contact needed. She just have to say the prayers in her location by mid night and that's all.
FYI He's a Christian and very willing to provide all his details if you are in doubt.

Keep deceiving yourself. You want to use person pikin drive Benz. E don hook you.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by deltateam: 2:31am On Oct 02, 2019
Viking007:

If the pay is up to #150 000 then hang on but if it's not, then pay isn't that great.
Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by deltateam: 2:32am On Oct 02, 2019
post=82753862:
BE YOUR OWN BOSS!

If I start my own barbecue, na you I go first use. tongue

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by deltateam: 2:35am On Oct 02, 2019
Katier00:
Don't leave until you find another job. If your take home can't take you home, let it take you halfway. Imagine when you can't even leave home. Business is the hardest thing to do, only the well disciplined can succeed, forget motivational speakers

Taking you halfway, gets you stranded.
Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by deltateam: 2:37am On Oct 02, 2019
ZoeyJ:
if i quit who will feed me?

God.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by deltateam: 2:38am On Oct 02, 2019
easzypeaszy:
I rep 2,3,4,5 and for 1 my take home na to use survive...no savings

That's from hand to mouth na.
Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by jojothaiv(m): 3:10am On Oct 02, 2019
Why do I have this feeling that OP is referring to Bank staff particularly the T.O's.

Na joke o

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Topshow4real: 3:36am On Oct 02, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
Where is the job sef?

meanwhile,

I'm a male virgin. Tell your friend to make the pay N52,500, and I will make the declaration over the phone for him. . Thank you.
Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by JerryTemi(f): 3:41am On Oct 02, 2019
SolarMight:
You that have a job wanna quit.... To what exactly? Stop misleading people jor
this fellow is not misleading anything and is your choice to take the advice because I just resigned last week because I don't work where my efforts are not appreciated also you don't have time to eat,say your opinion, you treat your workers like animals,you don't care about the time and the pay is nothing to write home about so is better I quit because there are many opportunities out there and I don't regret my decision because I have a good job now.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Marcobos: 4:31am On Oct 02, 2019
Get $500 on your real trading account from instaForex. Register using :https://www.instaforex.com/bonus?x=ISBEX

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Katier00(f): 5:00am On Oct 02, 2019
deltateam:

Taking you halfway, gets you stranded.
is better than not leaving the house at all and who knows, you might meet an empty vehicle on way to take home and wait till the next day to pick you again.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by HenryThegreat1(m): 5:02am On Oct 02, 2019
post=82753862:
BE YOUR OWN BOSS!

in this general Buhari government?
Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by deltateam: 5:05am On Oct 02, 2019
Katier00:
is better than not leaving the house at all and who knows, you might meet an empty vehicle on way to take home and wait till the next day to pick you again.

It doesn't work that way. If your work cannot support the payment of your house rent, feeding, clothing, medical expenses and make room for savings then its simply slavery because slaves are fed and worked tirelessly and Refed and the trend continues until they die or colapse , more slaves are employed.

Most jobs are modern day slavery, don't get it twisted.

Tell yourself the truth even if it's once.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Cousin9999: 5:23am On Oct 02, 2019
I agree with that generally, but I also think there's such a thing as "paying dues." Your entire work life won't be amazing. Sometimes you have to be uncomfortable to get to where you want to be. That job you don't like may be the stepping stone you need. Even when you have the job you want, there will still be things you don't like. Will you run as soon as you're not comfortable?

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Nwaohafia1: 5:23am On Oct 02, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
Where is the job sef?

meanwhile,

How will you know a virgin? What if she falls to declare all you told her? Will it backfire?
Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by bonetalk(m): 6:04am On Oct 02, 2019
Being Underpaid for more than 5 years, no savings.. wish I can quit the job but fear of unknown won't let me.... Where will I even get better job.... I hate seeing myself doing the work

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by icedbreez(m): 6:26am On Oct 02, 2019
Nigeriahomebiz:
Good Afternoon Nairalanders,

This is my 4th Post here and I am only too happy to share my knowledge about what it takes to be self-employed working from home in Nigeria. In case you don't already have it send me an email to: nigeriahomebusiness@gmail.com to get a free copy of list of 20 home businesses you can start today in Nigeria.

Disclaimer: Some sentiments to this post will likely be in this Buhari economy when jobs are scarce why should anyone want to quit his job? I am not saying all will succeed in home business but you are better off than being employed on a job you hate. If you are one of such people please explain if getting paid peanuts can equate to making peanuts from your own sweat? Here goes today's post. How do you know it's time to quit a job? What are some ways to know if it's time to move on to something else? Let's set the ball rolling.

5 Ways to know when to quit your job

1. If your take home, can't take you home
If what you make in a month as salary cannot sustain you for 30 days or more and you have had that job for over a year, the only thing that should keep you on that job is if you have other means of making money from it or if you are gaining something else (new skills, connections or access to strategic information). If there is also a good chance your employer will give you a raise soon, you can still hang in there but where none of this applies, you are better of running your home based business.

2. You are not likely to be promoted beyond your current position
If you have a job where you have reached the ceiling, no more advancement or promotion for you that means your career options are now gone. If you want to see better things for yourself as far as career goes, you need to seek other opportunities e.g new job, start a new business or secure a second income stream.

3. You and the Job are not compatible
If you are 'stuck' on the job which means you want out because you can't use your initiative and drive to perform it well, that means you are tied down to doing what you really don't like. You tend to get better and eventually master what you love doing.

4. You are getting more stressed and less motivated
If you wake up feeling like a heavy load is on your body because you have work to go to and/or you don't feel like doing simple tasks you are being paid to do, that means your work is stressing you and you lack motivation to do it. The danger in staying long on a job like this is that you will slowly fall sick (emotionally and physically) over time if you remain on that job for a number of years to come.

5. Your job deprives you of quality time
If you don't know what your children are going through everyday because you return from work when they are asleep and leave for work before they wake up, you shouldn't blame them if they turn out to be different (in character and manners) from what you always wanted for them. Parental input in child upbringing contributes massively in the happiness and future success of children (that is scientific proof talking not me). Your job is interfering with your parenting duties.

Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by macklef(m): 6:43am On Oct 02, 2019
SolarMight:
You that have a job wanna quit.... To what exactly? Stop misleading people jor
Hes not misleading anyone. Work no dey, work no dey, because of this one will be working in agony.
Re: 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by tsavkeghps(m): 6:44am On Oct 02, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? / Rochas Construction Company Worker Dies In Building Site (Photos) / Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.