Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,346 members, 7,819,232 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? (36043 Views)

Mum That Always Scared Of Snake Finally Killed One / What Causes Sweating And Body Odour. / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Risingblue008(m): 1:05am On Oct 02, 2019
One of d simple remedy for body odour is LEMON,get d lemon fruit,cut it into two equal parts,use it on armpits and any other affected parts,it works,or else hand dey I side,try it dear,use d lemon fruit to wash armpits and private parts,it kills d bacteria and suck dem dry,try it for 2months,belief me.dats all I ve to say,tnks
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 1:09am On Oct 02, 2019
medicH your input is needed hia
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Sassilicious(f): 1:11am On Oct 02, 2019
Dont call a family meeting.
Just call her to the side and tell her "mummy it looks like this smell problem has started again o."
Make it sound like u just noticed it ir the first time after a long time
Then both of you can go to the hospital and seek help.she will be more willing to go to a hospital if she thinks something just got wrong than you telling her she smells all the time.
I'm not sure what could be wrong with her but may God heal her or lead you guys to find the right solution.Amen.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Nobody: 1:12am On Oct 02, 2019
A woman of your age with a husband... and your mumma lipsrsealed

is it a permanent thing? is it mental health?

Can you afford to buy her scented gifts

I wish I never commented... embarassed
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by CandidNotes: 1:22am On Oct 02, 2019
I am suspecting INCOMPLETE EVACUATION. There are a few cases of women still having parts of a dead baby in them. She needs scans to ensure that nothing is left in her womb.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Asifiwe(m): 1:23am On Oct 02, 2019
Respeckk:
Matured advice please.....

Ever since i was small my mum have always have this unpleasant smell.she baths often but this smell have choose to not go away, i heard she got an infection after a miscarriage because we do discuss it amongst ourselves,we her children. The smell comes from her private and i dont know if she is aware of it. She baths often but after sometime the smell starts again.

She came to my house for visit and i was embarrassed when my husband passed and was asking what was stinking up the kids room, i know it was my mum but i told him something else.

She is someone that always like tying wrapper without any under and you can imagine how it is.

I dont want to embarrass but i know it has always been an issue with my dad(they have seperate room coz of this).she get angry easy too but i really have to.

Ps she has treated infection often and on but this smell is what i dont understand.doctors should help too.
Why is it that the smell refuse to go away because she bathes morning and night(rule while growing up in our house)

First deal with your mum's anger problem before you can help her, an angry woman is oftentimes an arrogant incorrigible fellow, they cannot be helped
Since you admit that she gets angry easily, Her problem is more than one. sometimes the sickness in people is a punishment from God
Sin looks like a three-letter word but in reality, it is SATAN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by golddare: 1:25am On Oct 02, 2019
It's the miscarriage that causes the smell. When my wife had miscarriage and we failed to do clean up it was like that until we visited a gynaecologists because when couldn't conceive. The Doctor told us that it's the remnants and he needs to clean the womb. When he did you will be shock the rotten things and smell that was packed out. My wife got pregnant shortly to the glory of God. All that time I couldn't tell my wife too about the smell but please tell your mum if she visited gynaecologists after her miscarriage and the danger of cancer if not done. Do it prayerfully and she will agree to go with you.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Legalese(m): 1:32am On Oct 02, 2019
Take her to see a gynecologist and dietician.
Respeckk:

Ever since i was small my mum have always have this unpleasant smell.she baths often but this smell have choose to not go away, i heard she got an infection after a miscarriage because we do discuss it amongst ourselves,we her children. The smell comes from her private and i dont know if she is aware of it. She baths often but after sometime the smell starts again.

She came to my house for visit and i was embarrassed when my husband passed and was asking what was stinking up the kids room, i know it was my mum but i told him something else.

She is someone that always like tying wrapper without any under and you can imagine how it is.

I dont want to embarrass but i know it has always been an issue with my dad(they have seperate room coz of this).she get angry easy too but i really have to.

Ps she has treated infection often and on but this smell is what i dont understand.doctors should help too.
Why is it that the smell refuse to go away because she bathes morning and night(rule while growing up in our house)

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Timilag: 1:33am On Oct 02, 2019
What kind of smell do you perceive?, pls be specific. Does it smell like fish or like rotten eggs or like spoilt milk. I think I have best description that can cure her, if you can give answer to my questions.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by ReeLoaDead(m): 1:36am On Oct 02, 2019
seunmohmoh:
See a gynecologist, they will know what to do. I pray she's cured.
I noticed your account was created yesterday and you created this thread immediately, hope you are not making this story up o.
Actually, that is a normal occurrence. People who want to bring up a private matter to the public forum may create a separate account for that purpose to keep their main account intact.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 1:37am On Oct 02, 2019
but after many years the remnant of the fetus should have decayed and dried up completely to the point of not emitting any odor just like how dead bodies stop smelling after many years. is there an explanation to this?

CandidNotes:
I am suspecting INCOMPLETE EVACUATION. There are a few cases of women still having parts of a dead baby in them. She needs scans to ensure that nothing is left in her womb. That and several tests to ensure there are no residues from the foetus.
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 02, 2019
I pray you can help her sort it out. I wish her well. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Came4amod: 1:44am On Oct 02, 2019
Respeckk:

1 out of 100 people have a fish smell which never goes away .. all she can to is manage and a very extreme hygiene will help .. but if you think you can solve it by just going to the doctor .. it's a very long thing some herbal medicine people will even use this Avenue to scan you.. she need very high level hygiene and they way I see things you guys can't afford it ..
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Ayodun1: 1:47am On Oct 02, 2019
seunmohmoh:
See a gynecologist, they will know what to do. I pray she's cured.

I noticed your account was created yesterday and you created this thread immediately, hope you are not making this story up o.

So you're expecting her to use her main account in creating such thread? NO NA!

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by WeRblessed(f): 2:00am On Oct 02, 2019
1) Have a meeting with her ( with a respectful and loving tone), and let her know what you have noticed from the way she smells. Tell her that as a loving daughter of hers, you wouldn't like the situation where others persons such as your husband or visitors would notice it as well.

2) You need to buy her some clean cotton under wears. People who don't wear underwear smell because of the vaginal fluid that mixed up with sweat and body oil. Also, they are always prone to yeast infection ( Vagina discharge with terrible and painful odor). She needs to be washing and douching her vagina every other day with warn water ( she should not put soap inside her vagina, because vagina cleanses itself. But she needs to wash the outer layers and the groin areas with soap). Also, buy her some knee-length tights that she would be wearing under her wrapper.

3) She needs a deodorants. ( Now, deodorant is the anti perspirant, and not perfume ). She would have to wear them under her armpits each time she takes a bath.

4) She needs to wash her hair regularly. Most African women don't know that its important to have a neat, great, smelly hair.

5) She must brush her teeth twice daily. Before or after breakfast and before going to bed each night.

6) she must wash her pillow cases and bed sheets every other week.

7) she should not wear her blouses twice without washing it.

She should drink a lot of water, eat fruits and vegetable.

Trust me, these work.

By the next time you dad sees her, he would move back in the same room and share bed with her.

God bless you for caring for your mother, my dear.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 2:09am On Oct 02, 2019
I don't think u read the post at all, the smell has nothing to do with hygiene. it is internal.
WeRblessed:
1) Have a meeting with her ( with a respectful and loving tone), and let her know what you have noticed from the way she smells. Tell her that as a loving daughter of hers, you wouldn't like the situation where others persons such as your husband or visitors would notice it as well.

2) You need to buy her some clean cotton under wears. People who don't wear underwear smell because of the vaginal fluid that mixed up with sweat and body oil. Also, they are always prone to yeast infection ( Vagina discharge with terrible and painful odor). She needs to be washing and douching her vagina every other day with warn water ( she should not put soap inside her vagina, because vagina cleanses itself. But she needs to wash the outer layers and the groin areas with soap). Also, buy her some knee-length tights that she would be wearing under her wrapper.

3) She needs a deodorants. ( Now, deodorant is the anti perspirant, and not perfume ). She would have to wear them under her armpits each time she takes a bath.

4) She needs to wash her hair regularly. Most African women don't know that its important to have a neat, great, smelly hair.

5) She must brush her teeth twice daily. Before or after breakfast and before going to bed each night.

6) she must wash her pillow cases and bed sheets every other week.

7) she should not wear her blouses twice without washing it.

She should drink a lot of water, eat fruits and vegetable.

Trust me, these work.

By the next time you dad sees her, he would move back in the same room and share bed with her.

God bless you for caring for your mother, my dear.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Jollywoopro: 2:12am On Oct 02, 2019
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Eazie351(m): 2:14am On Oct 02, 2019
you think this is really a faceless forum? the most internet never forgets. I can't help but pity you.
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by kenodrill: 2:22am On Oct 02, 2019
Simply tell her she looks like Tacha.she will understand better!
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by notoriousbabe: 2:28am On Oct 02, 2019
And what will you achieve if you tell her? If you can afford them, buy things that she will need to control it, but don't you ever, ever make the mistake of telling her that nonsense
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by BarrElChapo(m): 2:39am On Oct 02, 2019
You are nuts !
Asifiwe:

First deal with your mum's anger problem before you can help her, an angry woman is oftentimes an arrogant incorrigible fellow, they cannot be helped
Since you admit that she gets angry easily, Her problem is more than one. sometimes the sickness in people is a punishment from God
Sin looks like a three-letter word but in reality, it is SATAN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by henryadex(m): 2:43am On Oct 02, 2019
One thing i know about body odour is when a child is not thoroughly bathed at birth he or she will definitely have it and i think a dermatologist would be able to proffer solution
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by yom2(m): 2:59am On Oct 02, 2019
My advice : pending while seeking the doctors. Start off with a good dsinfectant detol, savlon, izal. It tackles odours and odour breeding germs too
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by koboko69: 3:14am On Oct 02, 2019
Peterjetlee007:
Just tell her she’s Tacharin simple

I swear i was waiting for comment like this...

Lol

Smh

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Notatribalist(m): 3:21am On Oct 02, 2019
The way you guys talkes about body odour is so shameful. What do you really think body odour is? You guys keep talking about it as if it's a permanent gift, so anyone who has it must suffer from it forever. Let me tell you some about body odour as you may wanna call it.. If you don't take your bath for 2days you can suffer from it.. So body odour is can happen to anyone and if proper hygenic measure are taken (body odour) goes off.what actually causes that smell is when the bacteria in ur skin tries to break down the protain in your sweat, it's the process that smells.so if you take off the bacteria the body odour vanishes. So if you're really concern about her get her lemon or apple cider vinegar to take her bath with.she will say goodbye to body odour

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Hotzone(m): 3:41am On Oct 02, 2019
Buy new clothes for her, armpits anti-transpirant and encourage her to take her bath regular
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by pimper24: 3:42am On Oct 02, 2019
Respeckk:

just get her deodorants and tell her to be using it. I tried this on someone sometime. Guess what, when it finished, he got another set himself and continues.
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by quickly: 3:55am On Oct 02, 2019
ur waiting for an outsider to tell her first shebi.....Just tell her the truth and ur worried because of the smell and if someone else smells it
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Abalado(f): 4:02am On Oct 02, 2019
Tacha
Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by Marcobos: 4:24am On Oct 02, 2019
Get $500 on your real trading account from instaForex. Register using :https://www.instaforex.com/bonus?x=ISBEX

Re: How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? by anonimi: 4:32am On Oct 02, 2019
Respeckk:

It should be a simple matter if you can gift her many underwear with liner and ensure she wears it all the time.
Best of luck with convincing and if necessary, forcing her to comply.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Kolanut / How Can I Get Rid Of Pimples, Dark Spots On My Face? / Policeman Suffering From Epilepsy Slumps From His Bike In Yaba, Lagos.See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.