Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video (76157 Views)

Rams Sacrificed Ahead Of Third Mainland Bridge Repair (Photos) / Princess Inikpi,the Princess Buried Alive ,sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala / In India Children Are Sacrificed For Wealth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by eTECTIV: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2019
wamide042:

Oduduwa didn’t fall from the sky, he descended with a staff called “Opa Oranmiyan’ the first place he stepped his feet was ile-ife..

Fall or descent, is d story a myth or history?

1 Like

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Trybes(m): 8:07am On Oct 02, 2019
Ziel20:
She wasted her life in Vain
People could really be that fetish
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Monday60655(m): 8:08am On Oct 02, 2019
What a heart touching story
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Scamperlee(m): 8:09am On Oct 02, 2019
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by lessonsoflife: 8:09am On Oct 02, 2019
TeamSimple:
Well if some people can believe someone died for their sins, who am I to talk bad of the ‘savior princess’. It just common sense . Foreign stories vs Traditional stories .

So you do not believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins?
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Nastybrave2016: 8:10am On Oct 02, 2019
igbodefendercom:
Kudos OP. The internet must be an alternative platform for the study of history.

So Princess Inikpi is like Joan of Arc who saved France and Queen Moremi Ajasoro and Queen Esther.
yes
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by ILEMUDA(m): 8:11am On Oct 02, 2019
eTECTIV:
Dat was how we were also told Oduduwa fell from d sky... Myth or history? Sounds more like myth
Guy this one no be fictional story..... it's a real life matter, I am Kogite and also an IGALA.
That is what makes the IGALA be in existence as of today,
and secondly another one is "Oma-idoko" was also buried Alive just like "Inikpi(Oma-Ufedo-Baba)"
IGALA have interesting history nd
am proud of my Nation.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by SamOyovwi: 8:12am On Oct 02, 2019
Don't joke with blood. Something similar like this still happened in the Bible
Temptee101:
Very primitive and backward people

That's why we are where we are
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by YaksonFCA(m): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2019
Nastybrave2016:
who told u dat

Jukuns is the correct answer.

I am an Igala man.

1 Like

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by thundafire: 8:15am On Oct 02, 2019
But do we know if dats dey reason dey state is not productive

3 Likes

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by deavicky(m): 8:15am On Oct 02, 2019
Nastybrave2016:
Now, who is Princess Inikpi, whom history records as being buried alive and how? if she was indeed a princess, how could her father, the king permit such atrocity? Princess Inikpi's story is one emanating from an inevitable consequence of history and not an accident of history. The history of the Igala kingdom will surely not be complete without recollecting the very important role of princess Inikpi. she was a very beautiful woman, from the royal family, a heroine with great attributes, her story is that of selfless commitment and sacrifice to the course and survival of the Igala nation.

According to historical records, a war was imminent between the Bini kingdom and the Igalas. Nowhere was safe in Igala land anymore. The farmlands were already cordoned off by the enemies and the streams poisoned so that anyone that drank from them would die. The Igalas feared imminent death from starvation and lack of water. When oracle was consulted, it proclaimed that a reversal of their misfortune and victory in the war could only come when the princess, the only daughter of the king is buried alive.

Princess Inikpi was the only beloved daughter of Ayegbu Oma Idoko, the Atta of Igala kingdom. when he was informed of the only solution to forestall the destruction of his homeland by the Oracle through some eunuch in his palace, he was crushed and heartbroken and sheded tears. He earnestly wished there was an alternative. For days, he could not eat nor drink. The princess noticed how downcast her father was and asked to know the reason behind his sadness. Instead of opening up, he held off telling her the story for seven days, but on the eight, he relented and told her the words of the Oracle.

Princess Inikpi did not object, she did not fight. She went voluntarily on that day to the bank of River Niger, where she was buried alive. It was a sad resolution but the Igala people hailed her for her heroism. after the sacrifice, the story went on that as the Bini armies advanced to swoop, they saw the whole town in FLAMES and retreated feeling that there was no need taking war to a place already on fire; but it was the blood of Inikpi that deceived them.
I'm an Igala but heard a different version of this story.
1. From what i heard the war was with the jukuns not Bini.
2. The river that was poison was actually poisoned by the igala's the name of that River is called Inachalo. When the jukuns warriors drank from that water they developed strange illness and die.
3 I'm also aware that the symbol of authority the atta of Igala wares was seized from the jukuns after the war. Please do good to further research to prove this fact.
4. U also did not mentioned that she was buried along side with 16 virgin boys.

1 Like

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by WriterX(m): 8:16am On Oct 02, 2019
IF YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE CULTURES AND TRADITIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE I URGE YOU ALL TO KINDLY STAY AWAY FROM TOPICS SUCH AS THIS.

THIS IS NOT AN AVENUE TO BASH OR SHAM CULTURES AND BELIEFS OF PEOPLE, WE ALL HAVE OUR HISTORY EVEN BEFORE THE WHITES CAME SO PLEASE STAY CLEAR OFF IF YOU CANT SIMPLY APPRECIATE HSITORY.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT TRADITION OR RELIGION ,ITS HISTORY SOMETHING MEANT TO BE REMEMBERED , CHERISHED AND WORTHY TO LEARN FROM.

TO THE OP, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS TOPIC YOU MADE X's MORNING .

1 Like

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Qadaffi2idiamin: 8:17am On Oct 02, 2019
I wonder why we have war Generals.

Cowards everywhere.
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by ednut1(m): 8:18am On Oct 02, 2019
Authoreety:
Wickednesssss

Thank God for Christianity... if not eh......

Why couldn't the bloodsucking deity nd it's stupid priests that asked for the sacrifice, perform the magic without sacrificing a human?

How can I even unread this biko?

was jesus not a blood sacrifice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by wamide042(m): 8:18am On Oct 02, 2019
eTECTIV:

Fall or descent, is d story a myth or history?
It’s history... you can as well google Opa Oranmiyan.... you will get more info..

1 Like

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by WriterX(m): 8:18am On Oct 02, 2019
deavicky:
I'm an Igala but heard a different version of thid story.
1. From what i heard the war was with the jukuns not Benin.
2. The river that was poison was actually poisoned by the igala's the name of that River is called Inachalo.
3 I'm also aware that the symbol of authority the attack of Impala wares was seized from the jukuns after the war. Please do good to further research to prove this fact.

can you throw more light on this, I find this very interesting

1 Like

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by IamCharles123: 8:18am On Oct 02, 2019
Nastybrave2016:
Now, who is Princess Inikpi, whom history records as being buried alive and how? if she was indeed a princess, how could her father, the king permit such atrocity? Princess Inikpi's story is one emanating from an inevitable consequence of history and not an accident of history. The history of the Igala kingdom will surely not be complete without recollecting the very important role of princess Inikpi. she was a very beautiful woman, from the royal family, a heroine with great attributes, her story is that of selfless commitment and sacrifice to the course and survival of the Igala nation.

According to historical records, a war was imminent between the Bini kingdom and the Igalas. Nowhere was safe in Igala land anymore. The farmlands were already cordoned off by the enemies and the streams poisoned so that anyone that drank from them would die. The Igalas feared imminent death from starvation and lack of water. When oracle was consulted, it proclaimed that a reversal of their misfortune and victory in the war could only come when the princess, the only daughter of the king is buried alive.

Princess Inikpi was the only beloved daughter of Ayegbu Oma Idoko, the Atta of Igala kingdom. when he was informed of the only solution to forestall the destruction of his homeland by the Oracle through some eunuch in his palace, he was crushed and heartbroken and sheded tears. He earnestly wished there was an alternative. For days, he could not eat nor drink. The princess noticed how downcast her father was and asked to know the reason behind his sadness. Instead of opening up, he held off telling her the story for seven days, but on the eight, he relented and told her the words of the Oracle.

Princess Inikpi did not object, she did not fight. She went voluntarily on that day to the bank of River Niger, where she was buried alive. It was a sad resolution but the Igala people hailed her for her heroism. after the sacrifice, the story went on that as the Bini armies advanced to swoop, they saw the whole town in FLAMES and retreated feeling that there was no need taking war to a place already on fire; but it was the blood of Inikpi that deceived them.
this ur story was different from the one i read, the war did actually took place but the igala came out victorious, the king sustained a leg injury during the war which eventually lead to his death, the war was with the junku and not bini or benin, that was wat i read sha.
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by rigarmortis: 8:19am On Oct 02, 2019
Nastybrave2016:

story is correct, but it was actually Jukuns and not binis

1 Like

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Kapeter(m): 8:20am On Oct 02, 2019
igbodefendercom:
Kudos OP. The internet must be an alternative platform for the study of history.

So Princess Inikpi is like Joan of Arc who saved France and Queen Moremi Ajasoro and Queen Esther.
your head dey dere, you sabi person.

1 Like

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by CanadaOrBust: 8:21am On Oct 02, 2019
Authoreety:
Wickednesssss

Why couldn't the bloodsucking deity nd it's stupid priests that asked for the sacrifice, perform the magic without sacrificing a human?

Strange we Christians have been asked similar: why couldn’t God have simply forgiven the sins of the world without the crucifixion of Lord Jesus. What would be your answer?

2 Likes

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by ednut1(m): 8:21am On Oct 02, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Igala were no match for the Benin, we had guns from trading with the Europeans and we were never defeated until the British shamelessly and cowardly attack when we were at the weakest point.
1200 men destroyed u guys. Una juju no work

1 Like

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by SenecaTheYonger: 8:21am On Oct 02, 2019
You should watch Oversimplified's videos on YouTube.

igbodefendercom:

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by WriterX(m): 8:23am On Oct 02, 2019
IF ONLY SOME OF US ACTUALLY DO HISTORY YOU WOULD GET GOOSEBUMPS WHEN YOU KNOW HOW SAVAGE AND BRUTAL AND FETISH THE WHITES WERE TOO, THIS IS HISTORY ITS NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF BUT RATHER SOMETHING WORTHY TO BE REMEMBERED .

2 Likes

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Kapeter(m): 8:23am On Oct 02, 2019
ednut1:
was jesus not a blood sacrifice
he doesn't know that without blood sacrifice, there can never be any redemption.

1 Like

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Carsontyqa(m): 8:23am On Oct 02, 2019
boxypane:

Where in Lokoja sir?
opposite Bishop Delise/Saint mary church/school... I think behind NOUN Kogi chapter now..
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by IamCharles123: 8:26am On Oct 02, 2019
ILEMUDA:

Guy this one no be fictional story..... it's a real life matter, I am Kogite and also an IGALA.
and secondly another one is "Oma-idoko" was also buried Alive just like "Inikpi(Oma-Ufedo-Baba)"
am proud of my Nation.
Thanks
You can't really tell if it myth or real, most ethnic group in Nigeria has similar stories, i am from delta state warri, itsekiri to be precise and we have similar story of a princess been buried alive, but that was for some love related ish not war.
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Binikingdowm: 8:26am On Oct 02, 2019
ednut1:
1200 men destroyed u guys. Una juju no work
very true and they had guns, our men were at war and protecting our boundaries from auchi-ondo-lagos to Dahomey(Benin republic). We were betrayed by some of our chiefs and we didn't surrender easily still. Even the British had to admit without conquering benin first, they can't fight the rest of the region

Tell me again how the British easily conquer your tribe?
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Zubi10(m): 8:26am On Oct 02, 2019
Jlow2:
Jukuns not
is binin not jukuns oga
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 02, 2019
ILEMUDA:

am proud of my Nation.
Thanks

Please tell us of Oma-Idoko.
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by IamCharles123: 8:28am On Oct 02, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Igala were no match for the Benin, we had guns from trading with the Europeans and we were never defeated until the British shamelessly and cowardly attack when we were at the weakest point.
Oga calm down, the igala had no beef with benin, the op story is not very accurate, it was the jukuns the igala had beef with.
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 02, 2019
Authoreety:
Wickednesssss

This Christianity you speak of,
Isn't it the same religion that encouraged 1)slavery?
(Exodus 21:20, Colossians 3:22)
2) Throwing off blacks unto the ocean when they reject Christianity?
3) The justification of jesus' killing even when the commandment says; Thou shall not kill?
4) The torturing of humans even in 2019 in the name of "Delivery of Evil spirit"?
Now think;
Between the princess's Voluntary/ Selfless action and the modern Christian practices, which is more Barbaric?

2 Likes

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 02, 2019
Nastybrave2016:

It was Jukuns not Binis

Atleast get your mythology right

angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos / World's Loneliest Man Dies After Avoiding Contact From Humans For 30 Years(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.