Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video (76040 Views)

Rams Sacrificed Ahead Of Third Mainland Bridge Repair (Photos) / Princess Inikpi,the Princess Buried Alive ,sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala / In India Children Are Sacrificed For Wealth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by nicewoody6: 10:10am On Oct 02, 2019
Hello Op,

Have you seen this version of Inikpi's story?

Her fate was a twist of legend and prophecy. Her sacrifice was a gift of love so uncommon. Her bravery remains unheard and unseen, for even in the face of death she remained fearless.
She was so loved by her father, adored by her people and eventually by their conquerors who believed she was a goddess. But the legend and the prophecy must be fulfilled for the gods had sealed her fate long before she was born.

This story of Princess Inikpi is a version you’ve never heard. Find out how she died.

Available on Okadabooks via this link https://okadabooks.com/search?query=ugeh

1 Like

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by samuk: 10:22am On Oct 02, 2019
slawomir:
Some Moda fuckkers won't believe this story

But will accept the one from the white men that says one low budget asss Moda fuckkker called jesus whose father and mother was a broke asss carpenter and a broke asss bitch died for our sin

But wait o. He be like say this Bini people ehnnn them be strong and stubborn people in the past o

Only people when get mind to start war with white men that year
Na their son even be the ooni of Ife

Na even their son found Lagos
Lagos was founded by Prince Ado, the son of the Oba of Benin, Prince Ado was the first Oba of Lagos, the son of the Bini King, Prince Ado, named the town Eko

Na even for Benin city the first mass (Catholic prayer) was said in West Africa

Benin sons are the founders of most kingdoms in Delta state and Onitsha in Anambra state and some kingdoms in Rivers state. Benin was the Rome of West Africa in Ancient times. First letter written in Nigeria was written in Benin City in the 1500s, Benin had first church in Nigeria and first Bible in Nigeria, First Educated King in Nigeria, First to send an ambassador to Europe....too many firsts, I am tired of counting.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by ThreeEyedRaven: 10:23am On Oct 02, 2019
slawomir:
[s]Some Moda fuckkers won't believe this story

But will accept the one from the white men that says one low budget asss Moda fuckkker called jesus whose father and mother was a broke asss carpenter and a broke asss bitch died for our sin[/s]

But wait o. He be like say this Bini people ehnnn them be strong and stubborn people in the past o

Lagos was founded by Prince Ado, the son of the Oba of Benin, Prince Ado was the first Oba of Lagos, the son of the Bini King, Prince Ado, named the town Eko

2 Likes

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Daguccizgreat(m): 10:24am On Oct 02, 2019
Authoreety:
Wickednesssss

Thank God for Christianity... if not eh......

Why couldn't the bloodsucking deity nd it's stupid priests that asked for the sacrifice, perform the magic without sacrificing a human?

How can I even unread this biko?

There is always a price to pay when you want to achieve something great. Even Jesus died so that we might be saved. That's how life is
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Nthrone(m): 10:26am On Oct 02, 2019
I will not doubt this, a similar story is even in the bible.
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Daguccizgreat(m): 10:30am On Oct 02, 2019
slawomir:
Some Moda fuckkers won't believe this story

But will accept the one from the white men that says one low budget asss Moda fuckkker called jesus whose father and mother was a broke asss carpenter and a broke asss bitch died for our sin

You sound like an irredeemable idiot

1 Like

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by enomakos(m): 10:30am On Oct 02, 2019
Carsontyqa:
Jukuns not binis...I remember how i used to look at that statue in awe during my primary school days..was scared of it asf.
it is the Benin kingdom not junkuns
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Carsontyqa(m): 10:32am On Oct 02, 2019
enomakos:
it is the Benin kingdom not junkuns
You want teach me my history ni? What u read online are misguided data from vloggers.. It jukuns.
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Louisosazee(m): 10:35am On Oct 02, 2019
samuk:

Benin sons are the founders of most kingdoms in Delta state and Onitsha in Anambra state and some kingdoms in Rivers state. Benin was the Rome of West Africa in Ancient times. First letter written in Nigeria was written in Benin City in the 1500s, Benin had first church in Nigeria and first Bible in Nigeria, First Educated King in Nigeria, First to send an ambassador to Europe....too many firsts, I am tired of counting.

You are blessed...Bini not Benin

1 Like

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by greensandy: 10:36am On Oct 02, 2019
Authoreety:
Wickednesssss

Why couldn't the bloodsucking deity nd it's stupid priests that asked for the sacrifice, perform the magic without sacrificing a human?

Hmmmmn!
...and Christianity taught you to believe your so called omnipotent god had to sacrifice his only begotten son for you to be save. His son was disgraced and killed on the cross.

Please tell us, what's the difference between this and yours?
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Carsontyqa(m): 10:36am On Oct 02, 2019
samuk:

Where you put kogi?
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 02, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

I think u may be a bit mixed up. Lord Jesus came primarily to DIE, to be killed, as a sacrifice for the sins of the world. All u need to to do that be saved is accept him and acknowledge that he died for your sins
Well your type cant be set free from false doctrines which are even obvious enough and require no more than common sense,
Keep wallowing in the delusions that another man can be killed for your sins or even the sins of your unborn children.
The laws of nature states;
What you sow you shall reap!
Read the Parable of growing seed and you'll realize_ A corn seedling can't behold a mango tree!
A sin can never behold positive returns.

The commandments clearly states;
"Thou shall NOT kill"
Or is your God a liar? Will he create a commandment and do the exact opposite?
Maybe yours is.....

Again why the intercessory prayer;
"Father forgive them for they know NOT what they do"?
Or was jesus and the nature beings unaware of the main reason as you said *To die*?

Think and give perfect answers to my questions then I'll re-Adress your ignorance again!

L
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by error4040: 10:44am On Oct 02, 2019
total Bullsh1t
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by johnpablo541(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2019
Carsontyqa:
Same statue was/is erected in lokoja....I am born and breed there.

Where exactly in lokoja is it located? I will be passing through lokoja by the weekend so i verify your claim.
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Carsontyqa(m): 11:00am On Oct 02, 2019
johnpablo541:

Where exactly in lokoja is it located? I will be passing through lokoja by the weekend so i verify your claim.
behind the NOUN kogi chapter...opposite Bishop Delise/Saint Mary(my primary school) Church/school...been long i visited there tho...If its still there, that i dont know.
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by johnpablo541(m): 11:02am On Oct 02, 2019
samuk:

The first translated bible in Nigeria was the Efik bible, it was published in 1858.

The first church in Nigeria was completed in 1898. And it is located in Ake, Ogun state.
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by CAPSLOCKED: 11:20am On Oct 02, 2019
eTECTIV:
Dat was how we were also told Oduduwa fell from d sky... Myth or history? Sounds more like myth

D whole Oduduwa descent from d sky story is pure mythology. Google and research can tell u dat and d Opa Oranmiyan was erected by a Yoruba king and most of d story surrounding it are also myth.. D same goes for dis princess story

THE SAME GOES FOR JESUS.. ALL MYTHS AND LEGENDS.
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by GOFRONT(m): 11:25am On Oct 02, 2019
Oma307.....Comman see Princess.

How true is the story??
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by ObongNizz: 11:28am On Oct 02, 2019
And would you have had your precious Christianity if Jesus was not crucified/sacrified?
Think again...

Authoreety:
Wickednesssss

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Nastybrave2016: 11:28am On Oct 02, 2019
GOFRONT:
Oma307.....Comman see Princess.

How true is the story??
hahaha it is true
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Siralgebra04(m): 11:34am On Oct 02, 2019
Authoreety:
Wickednesssss

U don't seem to be intelligent. The same question u should have asked urself why Jesus u claimed to had been crucified had to die b4 ur sin could be forgiven. Didn't he have power to forgive without sacrificing his blood?
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 02, 2019
Nastybrave2016:
hahaha it is true
according to history, it is true. I have been fortunate enough to visit the Statue of inikpi in idah. it wasn't only inikpi that was killed for the survival of igala kingdom. her younger sister was also killed
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Raheemzee(m): 11:46am On Oct 02, 2019
boxypane:

Where in Lokoja sir?
it's in Idah, egah to b precise... I don't know the one in lokoja dat guy is talking about o
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by xaggar(m): 11:48am On Oct 02, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Igala were no match for the Benin, we had guns from trading with the Europeans and we were never defeated until the British shamelessly and cowardly attack when we were at the weakest point.

Which "weakest" point?

The British attacked with just a few hundred men and they ransacked the "town" of Benin and you are trying to excuse yourself by saying Benin was still it's weakest point. Lol!

Go read your history
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Should: 11:53am On Oct 02, 2019
Jlow2:
Jukuns not binis
very correct, learnt it was even the whole Kwararafa kingdom whose leader were the Jukuns
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by etrange: 11:59am On Oct 02, 2019
Authoreety:
Wickednesssss

True.. but christianity did something similar. A man was crucified to save others.
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:59am On Oct 02, 2019
Nonsense!! I don't buy it.
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by etrange: 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
eTECTIV:
Dat was how we were also told Oduduwa fell from d sky... Myth or history? Sounds more like myth

D whole Oduduwa descent from d sky story is pure mythology. Google and research can tell u dat and d Opa Oranmiyan was erected by a Yoruba king and most of d story surrounding it are also myth.. D same goes for dis princess story

What of the story of Adam and Eve?
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Nastybrave2016: 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
SweetDipBenny:
Nonsense!! I don't buy it.
OK sir
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by xaggar(m): 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
Statue of the Giant Arhuanran Of Udo

This giant statue was sculptured to the memory of Arhuanran{Goliath type stature}a very powerful warrior and ruler of Udo. Oba Esigie {About 1504-1550AD} ascended the Benin throne at the peak of a war threat from Udo. Esigie in Benin City and Arhuanran in the town of Udo, about 20 miles from Benin City to the northwest. Udo then, was an important centre almost as large and powerful as
Benin City. His brother Arhuanran who was tricked from ascending the Benin throne due to palace intrigues, decided to go into battle with the new Oba. The battle was fought and won by Oba Esigie. Arhuanran drowned himself in Lake Odighi N’Udo.

Chief Osemwughe the Iyase of Udo took arm again against the monarchial authority to avenge the defeat and the death of Arhuanran his master cut the victory celebration short.

Oba Esigie launch a war on Udo once again .Udo was destroyed chief Osemwughe and his rebel armies fled. West of Benin kingdom now part of Yoruba land.

Oba Esigie determine to put an end to Udo rebellion once and for all. Sent royal troops under the command of Odobo and Aile to pursue them in the process the Benins royal army builds military camps {Eko} along the way some of these camps {Eko} are now towns in Yoruba land.
Some of the Camps are camp Odobo {Eko-Odobo} name after general Odobo contracted into Akotogbo and camp Ikalo {Eko-Aile}name after general Aile was contracted to Ikale.

Osemwughe and his militants gave themselves up; when they could not face the war machines of the Benins royal troops much longer.

They were later given a royal pardons by Oba Esigie but decided not to return to Udo .chief Osemwughe and his party were called Emma n’ Udo{the Udo deserters} which was later contracted to Ondo and the leader of the militants chief Osemwughe was mispronounced Osemawe a title by which all Ondo monarchs are now known.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by Ikidons(m): 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2019
Nastybrave2016:
Now, who is Princess Inikpi, whom history records as being buried alive and how? if she was indeed a princess, how could her father, the king permit such atrocity? Princess Inikpi's story is one emanating from an inevitable consequence of history and not an accident of history. The history of the Igala kingdom will surely not be complete without recollecting the very important role of princess Inikpi. she was a very beautiful woman, from the royal family, a heroine with great attributes, her story is that of selfless commitment and sacrifice to the course and survival of the Igala nation.

According to historical records, a war was imminent between the Bini kingdom and the Igalas. Nowhere was safe in Igala land anymore. The farmlands were already cordoned off by the enemies and the streams poisoned so that anyone that drank from them would die. The Igalas feared imminent death from starvation and lack of water. When oracle was consulted, it proclaimed that a reversal of their misfortune and victory in the war could only come when the princess, the only daughter of the king is buried alive.

Princess Inikpi was the only beloved daughter of Ayegbu Oma Idoko, the Atta of Igala kingdom. when he was informed of the only solution to forestall the destruction of his homeland by the Oracle through some eunuch in his palace, he was crushed and heartbroken and sheded tears. He earnestly wished there was an alternative. For days, he could not eat nor drink. The princess noticed how downcast her father was and asked to know the reason behind his sadness. Instead of opening up, he held off telling her the story for seven days, but on the eight, he relented and told her the words of the Oracle.

Princess Inikpi did not object, she did not fight. She went voluntarily on that day to the bank of River Niger, where she was buried alive. It was a sad resolution but the Igala people hailed her for her heroism. after the sacrifice, the story went on that as the Bini armies advanced to swoop, they saw the whole town in FLAMES and retreated feeling that there was no need taking war to a place already on fire; but it was the blood of Inikpi that deceived them.
I heard this story a good number of times. But, when did all this happened?
Re: Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video by ednut1(m): 12:26pm On Oct 02, 2019
davidnazee:

1200 U.S marines with their advanced weapons will destroy Nigeria army today.. black race is still weak compared to the whites.. same yesterday, today and probably will be the same tomorrow
naso

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Emmanuella Ropo "I Am Not Ooni Ogunwusi's New Wife" / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.