Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,760 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists (6142 Views)

Anambra Police Command Launches Offensive Against Cultists And Criminals-PHOTOS / BREAKING: Traditionalists Invokes Deity Against Cultists, Killers, In Asaba (vi / Indian Hemp Found In Man's House In Kano, Exposed By Whistle-Blowers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by Man102: 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists

The governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. (Dr.) David Nweze Umahi, on Tuesday, during the celebration of Nigeria Independence and Ebonyi at 23 at Pa Ngele Oruta Township Stadium disclosed his intention to introduce “whistle blowing” against cultists in the state as part of his continuous fight to clampdown down the practice of the act in Ebonyi.

Igbere TV reports that Governor Umahi stated that though the state government through his empowerment programs have done so much in ensuring that the state is ridden off any form of cultism practice but he is not yet satisfied and as such, will be introducing Whistle Blowing against any form of cultism practice or activities in the state.

Gov. Umahi In his words:

“We must continue to fight against cultism but let me say that the war against cultism has not started in Ebonyi State.

“To the general public, it appears that we have won the war but to me it appears that there is going to be very intensive war against cultism as there will be whistle blowers in this.

” When you have identification of anybody doing cultism and you get us through whistle blowing, you will have a reward and through this means, we will completely eliminate cultism in our society”,he said.

Recall that the governor had earlier declared zero tolerance against cultism in the state where he urged those in practice of cultism to desist and denounce same of which several persons numbering in hundreds voluntarily confessed and denounced the practice in Christ Embassy Church, got baptised and are now carrying on with their normal lives as Christains.

Speaking with Igbere TV correspondent, Mr. Francis Nwaze, Special Assistant to the Governor on New Media said “the governor has always maintained that no one who shed another man’s blood can go free without confessing and denouncing from such act as no successful man thrives through cultism.”

http://igberetvnews.com/1038607/ebonyi-commence-whistle-blowing-cultists/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by NwaAmaikpe: 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
shocked

They should first encourage whistleblowing of corrupt public officials where there is monetary gain for the whistleblower.

What will a whistleblower gain from ratting on a cultist except jeopardizing the safety of his loved ones?

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by Simplyleo: 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
This Gov Umahi of Ebonyi state seems the best gov any South Eastern state has ever had since 1999.

God bless Gov David Nweze Umahi of Ebonyi state.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by Ifeanyi2017(m): 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
naija self[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
Hope they have a safe room or wit-sec for that whistle blower.

6 Likes

Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by femtex007(m): 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
This is a welcome development. It will save the youth

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by Freemanbobble: 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
Okay
Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by Madibah(m): 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
Tt
Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by Kendumazy(m): 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
Nice one but the only issue is some evil people using it to implicate innocent ones due to one misunderstanding between them.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by NwaNimo1(m): 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
The Governor na cultist!

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by Exc2000: 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
This should be fun
Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by Maldini212(m): 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2019
Cult boys no get joy

This very move is sure counterproductive

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2019
Good one.

those cult boys and girls just full everywhere.

make dem clear all of them.

make our governor, SANWO-OLU, too start him own make him no just dey sit for office dey wait for BAT to give orders.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by fidet1(m): 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2019
Na the security agents go still snitch on the whistleblowers.
Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by madenigga(m): 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2019
Nice move.

Rivers state and Bayelsa state would be the last of the latest state to do this undecided

5 Likes

Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by guru90: 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2019
UMAHI........ YOU ARE MAKING NO SENSE AT ALL....... WHAT DO U MEAN BY WAR AGAINST CULTISM?

BUHARI BOY!!!!!
Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by nwamabo247(m): 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
Whistle blow at you own risk.PLEASE my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with spinal cord injure.no source of income i hav been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and title medications.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation home for the disable. thank and GOD BLESS.see my signature below

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by Libkid(m): 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
people go die o
cultist believe in snitch get stitches
blow whistle that will kee u

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by AgentNairaland(f): 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
Whistle Blowing, Una Wan Play Football Match Nii
Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by Omenkata: 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:
This should be fun
[/s]
Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by AmazingELixir: 2:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
grin
Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by midnighter(f): 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
madenigga:
Nice move.

Rivers state and Bayelsa state would be the last of the latest state to do this undecided

Lol cultist and vigilante battleground
Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They should first encourage whistleblowing of corrupt public officials.
In this case there is monetary gain for the whistleblower.

What will a whistleblower gain from ratting on a cultist except jeopardizing the safety of his loved ones?
i support it only my brother u already said it without elaborating much...The intention is right but sadly good intentions don't always win especially in a deceptive,hypocritical and morally malnourished society like ours...

We have people who are either actively cultists in the system or self styled xyz...

And also we have a system where it's very possible for a certain group to rat on the minority group to claim dominance and territory because they have the aforementioned in echelons of power...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by lanrex101: 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
Make you go blow Cultists whistle n backfire.... Kpachimarimari chipaqo for you.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by KAHBOOM: 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2019
Good

Cultism is the problem of we Nigerian youths.It has destroyed our best and rendered many useless..It is more dangerous than hard drugs

It divides we youth..I miss my childhood friends not becos they are dead but becos they all joined different cult groups and the trust we had for each other suddenly disappeared.
Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by leofab(f): 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2019
For the glam...
Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by Mike008(m): 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2019
This is encouraging.
Imagine turning in the bad guys and getting tipped for it.
Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2019
Simplyleo:
This Gov Umahi of Ebonyi state seems the best gov any South Eastern state has ever had since 1999.

God bless Gov David Nweze Umahi of Ebonyi state.

Bro leave this assessement for people of the state.
People living in the state are crying, i have friends and relatives there.
Forget these media propaganda and all the shows
Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by Toscarele: 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2019
nice move, but how safe are the whistle blowers

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi To Commence Whistle Blowing Against Cultists by BrutusOj(m): 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2019
Rival cult groups will start witch-hunting each other. That's how they formed vigilante group in Benue and it was hijacked by a particular cult group who allow their members to operate and they go after their rivals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Telegram (messenger) Scammers In Nigeria / (photos) Nigerian Army General's Son Shot Dead In USA After Landing A New Job / Christian Woman Murdered In Syria Graphic photo- Warning Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.