Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

(I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For (1191 Views)

Which Course Should He Choose Between Pharmacy And Computer Science? / Which Course(s) Can A Student Apply For With This WAEC Result? / Please Which Course Is Better Between Anatomy And Physiology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by 16yearsold: 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2019
I am a sixteen years old boy and I was planning to study robotic engineering but someone just told me it is not in Nigeria.
So which other course is related to it :-'
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by KolaSteven(m): 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2019
Go for Mechatronics. It is a combination of electrical and mechanical engineering. It is also a combination of Robotics, Telecommunications, embedded systems and product engineering.
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by 16yearsold: 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
KolaSteven:
Go for Mechatronics. It is a combination of electrical and mechanical engineering. It is also a combination of Robotics, Telecommunications, embedded systems and product engineering.
Wow,best advice I have seen this year
Thanks alot.
I will do more research on mechatronics

BTW between computer engineering and mechatronics, which one do you suggest
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by KolaSteven(m): 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2019
It depends on what you really want. Mechatronics is an hybrid of Electrical, Mechanical and Computer Engineering.
Computer engineering is more narrow. It focus on Computer Software, hardware, networking and embedded systems.

If you are indecisive about what to do, go for Computer Engineering, you will meet those in almost every facet of the tech industry. Or better still, go for Computer Science. I'm a CS student myself.
But if you are 100% certain that all you want to do is building robots, then go for mechatronics.
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by Carsons(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2019
This your name gan... Well, mechatronic engineering is okay
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by Carsons(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2019
This your name gan... Well, mechatronic engineering is okay
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by nlPoster: 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
You dont sound like a 16 year old.

And why the double emphasis?

Are you actually in your 30s to 50s?
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by frankosivue(m): 7:31pm On Oct 02, 2019
KolaSteven:
This is actually a good advice!
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by 16yearsold: 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2019
KolaSteven:
It depends on what you really want. Mechatronics is an hybrid of Electrical, Mechanical and Computer Engineering.
Computer engineering is more narrow. It focus on Computer Software, hardware, networking and embedded systems.

If you are indecisive about what to do, go for Computer Engineering, you will meet those in almost every facet of the tech industry. Or better still, go for Computer Science. I'm a CS student myself.
But if you are 100% certain that all you want to do is building robots, then go for mechatronics.
Thanks,i am so confused right now
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by 16yearsold: 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
nairalandposter:
You dont sound like a 16 year old.

And why the double emphasis?

Are you actually in your 50s?
I am actually 16,
Why dose everyone think I am lying about my age
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by InansBobo(m): 8:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
If you have 5 distinctions in your waec major subjects, go and apply for the next fsb bilateral scholarship
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by iamgenius(m): 10:25pm On Oct 02, 2019
KolaSteven:
My advice, don't ever think they'll teach you any of those things here in Nigeria even if it's a forming school(na the same everywhere). Go to school and they won't teach you how to be productive. You can gain those knowledge buying few books and watching some YouTube channels. Save yourself some thousands of dollars.

Well, I guess you can't do all these. Happy Nigerian school.

Note; I'm not Boko Haram.
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by KolaSteven(m): 9:08am On Oct 03, 2019
iamgenius:
My advice, don't ever think they'll teach you any of those things here in Nigeria even if it's a forming school(na the same everywhere). Go to school and they won't teach you how to be productive. You can gain those knowledge buying few books and watching some YouTube channels. Save yourself some thousands of dollars.

Well, I guess you can't do all these. Happy Nigerian school.

Note; I'm not Boko Haram.

Now don't mislead the poor guy. It is true that Nigerian universities teach theoretical bullshits mostly. But it is also true that it happens all over the world, quote me anywhere. The only variation is the amount of the theoretical bullshit being stuffed down our throats.
School is not just a place for reading schoolbooks and cramming for exams. It is a place to grow intellectually, to meet like-minded individuals who will help you get to the apex of your potentials. It is a place to connect, to network.

I've met people who has changed my life via school. I'm still meeting more.
Funny thing, I've read more than a few books, and I've watched lots of tutorials, not just on YouTube alone. And I'm still in school.

Maybe you can keep body and soul together by just reading a few books and watching YouTube tutorials in the corner of your room. But you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't go out there. In the end, you lose more than a few thousands of dollars.

1 Like

Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by Roysnickz: 9:50am On Oct 03, 2019
KolaSteven:

Now don't mislead the poor guy. It is true that Nigerian universities teach theoretical bullshits mostly. But it is also true that it happens all over the world, quote me anywhere. The only variation is the amount of the theoretical bullshit being stuffed down our throats.
School is not just a place for reading schoolbooks and cramming for exams. It is a place to grow intellectually, to meet like-minded individuals who will help you get to the apex of your potentials. It is a place to connect, to network.

Funny thing, I've read more than a few books, and I've watched lots of tutorials, not just on YouTube alone. And I'm still in school.

Maybe you can keep body and soul together by just reading a few books and watching YouTube tutorials in the corner of your room. But you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't go out there. In the end, you lose more than a few thousands of dollars.
. It's very unfortunate that you guy choose out of ignorance to miss lead the younger ones. It's very miss leading to refer to what is being thought in schools as bullshit. Quite unfortunate. More painful is the fact that you condemned the it without proffering an alternative. Thank God you admitted that the 'theoretical bullshit' is what's obtainable every where I'm the world and not just in Nigeria. Perhaps, that explains why I chose to replay your comment but not the guy you quoted. His is of course too bad to attend to. For your information, the op want to study a course related to Robotic Engineering and not Robotic Technology. The former requires a thorough background of engineering principles and tedious equations and calculations. That's just what you described as bullshit. What effect do you think your description will have on him.
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by Roysnickz: 10:33am On Oct 03, 2019
16yearsold:
I am a sixteen years old boy and I was planning to study robotic engineering but someone just told me it is not in Nigeria.
So which other course is related to it :-'
I'll like to appreciate you for quest and determination for making something food out of yourself. Many Nigerian youth at tour level are not that blessed to think in that direction. Sure, at your level you lack the knowledge and exposure to make inform decisions that help you achieve your aim, which is why you are here. I want to let you know that Nigerians are among the most intelligent and gifted people on Earth, however, this lack of adequate knowledge and exposure makes the average Nigerian youth to to what he is today, one of the most useless. Avoid that by all means. I most admit that you seek advice in the wrong forum. These same I'll informed youth are going to deceive you into believing that Nigerian university system is completely useless, that education in Nigeria is a big scam, that you will not know anything other than long mathematics and theories should you choose to study your Robotic Engineering in Nigeria, that syllables use by Nigerian universities are outdated and so on. My little brother, don't let them deceive you. They/ we were deceived like that, which explains why they failed and could not get anything from their education. I still emphasis, don't let them mislead you. Back to you question, I believe it's this same lack of knowledge and exposure that makes you chose Robotic over MECHATRONICS. would have like to talk more about the two courses in the Nigerian context and economy but I have already spoken at length
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by KolaSteven(m): 11:45am On Oct 03, 2019
Roysnickz:
. It's very unfortunate that you guy choose out of ignorance to miss lead the younger ones. It's very miss leading to refer to what is being thought in schools as bullshit. Quite unfortunate. More painful is the fact that you condemned the it without proffering an alternative. Thank God you admitted that the 'theoretical bullshit' is what's obtainable every where I'm the world and not just in Nigeria. Perhaps, that explains why I chose to replay your comment but not the guy you quoted. His is of course too bad to attend to. For your information, the op want to study a course related to Robotic Engineering and not Robotic Technology. The former requires a thorough background of engineering principles and tedious equations and calculations. That's just what you described as bullshit. What effect do you think your description will have on him.

It is very unfortunate that 'theoretical bullshit' is all you wish to highlighted out of my entire story. If you'd read my writeup with an unbiased view, you'd have noticed I was actually defending the notion of getting a formal education. Granted, maybe my using 'theoretical bullshit' to describe the large part of what we are being taught is harsh, but it doesn't discount the fact that a bulky part of what we do in school is not applicable in real world scenarios and production.
Most engineering students have to go for graduate internship programs after graduation from school, to pick up the practical skills they didn't pick while in school. I've read lot about CS students from the finest schools, even in the US, who are class-toppers but struggle during job interviews.

I don't speak out of ignorance. I'm an avid reader. I'm a class-topper myself. I take my education very seriously. But I know that if I rely on only what we are being taught in classrooms then I'd be like one of the many A-students who aren't employable.
You were once a student. Search your feelings and confirm that what I say is true.

1 Like

Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by 16yearsold: 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2019
Roysnickz:
I'll like to appreciate you for quest and determination for making something food out of yourself. Many Nigerian youth at tour level are not that blessed to think in that direction. Sure, at your level you lack the knowledge and exposure to make inform decisions that help you achieve your aim, which is why you are here. I want to let you know that Nigerians are among the most intelligent and gifted people on Earth, however, this lack of adequate knowledge and exposure makes the average Nigerian youth to to what he is today, one of the most useless. Avoid that by all means. I most admit that you seek advice in the wrong forum. These same I'll informed youth are going to deceive you into believing that Nigerian university system is completely useless, that education in Nigeria is a big scam, that you will not know anything other than long mathematics and theories should you choose to study your Robotic Engineering in Nigeria, that syllables use by Nigerian universities are outdated and so on. My little brother, don't let them deceive you. They/ we were deceived like that, which explains why they failed and could not get anything from their education. I still emphasis, don't let them mislead you. Back to you question, I believe it's this same lack of knowledge and exposure that makes you chose Robotic over MECHATRONICS. would have like to talk more about the two courses in the Nigerian context and economy but I have already spoken at length
Wow, thanks for the advice.
I will do more research on mechatronics.
How I will wish you could speak to my father because all he wants for me is to go for engineering course like petroleum engineering.sigh!! It's so painful
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by Roysnickz: 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2019
16yearsold:

Wow, thanks for the advice.
I will do more research on mechatronics.
How I will wish you could speak to my father because all he wants for me is to go for engineering course like petroleum engineering.sigh!! It's so painful
You are welcome Petroleum Engineering is a big no. Don't go for it.
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by Roysnickz: 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
Roysnickz:
You are welcome Petroleum Engineering is a big no. Don't go for it.
I am a little bit busy now... will soon be back. Then, will do a comparison if MECHATRONICS and your Robotic Engineering... will also, later explain why I advised against Petroleum.
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by iamgenius(m): 7:58pm On Oct 03, 2019
KolaSteven:

Yinmu to the last paragraph. Thumbs up for others. grin
Re: (I Am Confused)which Course Should I Go For by iamgenius(m): 8:03pm On Oct 03, 2019
KolaSteven:

It is very unfortunate that 'theoretical bullshit' is all you wish to highlighted out of my entire story. If you'd read my writeup with an unbiased view, you'd have noticed I was actually defending the notion of getting a formal education. Granted, maybe my using 'theoretical bullshit' to describe the large part of what we are being taught is harsh, but it doesn't discount the fact that a bulky part of what we do in school is not applicable in real world scenarios and production.
Most engineering students have to go for graduate internship programs after graduation from school, to pick up the practical skills they didn't pick while in school. I've read lot about CS students from the finest schools, even in the US, who are class-toppers but struggle during job interviews.

I don't speak out of ignorance. I'm an avid reader. I'm a class-topper myself. I take my education very seriously. But I know that if I rely on only what we are being taught in classrooms then I'd be like one of the many A-students who aren't employable.
You were once a student. Search your feelings and confirm that what I say is true.
Correct

(1) (Reply)

At What Age Should Children Be Exposed To Religious Views? (national Discourse) / Pls What Is Your Advice To A Guy That Wants To Study Nursing / ASUU Strike Bulletin: 31st August, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.