Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Hsj - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hsj (3511 Views)

Oyinbo Husband Caught Wife In Bed With Another Man & Took Picture For Evidence / Cheating Husband Caught In Matrimonial Bed With 22-Year-Old Lady / Marital War: You Are My Girlfriend, Not Wife – Husband (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hsj by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:56pm On Oct 03, 2019
Joint account, never advisable, always the beginning of the end for couples,sad.

1 Like

Re: Hsj by Mariangeles(f): 11:04pm On Oct 03, 2019
hopefully:
I need help.

My husband lied to me and thinks I am naive.

We keep a joint account and it was his idea which is not so much of a problem to me. What baffles me is that he likes to have 100% control over my income, when I need to buy stuffs for myself and the kids, he questions it. When I need to give my parents anything, he knows about it and 90% of the time every penny that goes to my people goes through his account just so that they think he is the one responsible for it and same to his family. My parents asked me once that why is everything coming from your husband and you are working? It bothers me a bit but that is how my huaband wants it. My mother asked me for cash last Christmas but my husband declined saying there is no cash and that we already bought them xmas gift and why is she asking for money again.

I am very carefree when it comes to issues like this, he gives people cash at will. He forced me to withdraw 25% of my pension and put over half of it in his account. Out of my pension, he gave out 300k to his friend and I didnt complain but when my parents asks for stuffs he complains to the extent that he recently said they are liabilities. These are people who sent me to school for bsc and masters in UK, gave us 2k dollars when we had our kids. I make more money than him and will not complain. Sometimes he asks me to log into my bank account to see my transactions. He expects me to transfer every penny of my salary to our joint savings account after I take care of my portion of the bills. He is an advocate of telling the truth and transparency but yet I found him wanting.

Of recent he forgot his phone at home and I went through it. His friend asked to loan some cash which he did. When his friend was about to return the money, he asked his friend to use it to buy a tv for his mum in nigeria. Dont get me wrong, I will never ask him not to buy stuffs for his mum infact when his mum makes I demand, I push to wnsure that he gets it for her because I believe every parent suffered on their kids and they need to reap the benefits. But he bought the tv and never mentioned it to me till now. I kept quiet like I didnt know. Of recent, his mum called and mentioned something about delivery of something to her house and I asked him about it, he lied to me and said it was their uncle who bought something for her. Immediately after that conversation, he deleted his whatsapp conversation with his friend not knowing that I already saw it. I have been acting normally, we talk,gist have sex and all and I only think about it when I wake up in the middle of the night. I plan to talk to him about it this weekend but what concerns me is that why do people behave like this, how do I know he hasn't been doing this in a long time while I am 100% truthful to him. He goes through my phone, checks my account and yet he is not sincere. I dont have any cash called mine because he enforces me to put everything in our joint account, even my pension was withdrawn and over half of it in his account and the while cash is gone. I cant go out to but somethig for myself without him approving it orherwise trouble. Of recent my mum came visiting and I bought her powder and foundation of less than 30 dollars and when he saw it in my account, he complained saying that must I buy her stuffs each time we go out?

Am I being a good wife or am I just DUMB?

Please help!
OMG!
OMG!!
OMG!!!
You allowed a lot of nonsense from the beginning! OMG!
I can never tolerate these !OMG!
I'm short of words!
One thing I can never stand in my life is CHEATING! OMG!

2 Likes

Re: Hsj by Mariangeles(f): 11:08pm On Oct 03, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Lord pls give me intelligent daughters.....Amen. Such a pity that a father and mother would train their girl child, only for her to place a tricky husband above her parents.
As in...
My heart is totally SHATTERED from reading her story!
I'm ashamed of her for her parents !

2 Likes

Re: Hsj by bukatyne(f): 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2019
MMotimo:
As someone who shares all accounts with my husband, I can tell you that it would be hard to make it work with a controlling spouse. Sharing works but that is when there is perfect transparency , trust and major cohesiveness when it comes to big spending. It is not a matter of compulsion or being authoritarian, each person gets their one 50% vote, regardless of how much they contribute or even if they don’t have a job.

A friend stopped sharing with her husband because of his controlling ways, she volunteered that to me herself. If one partner is domineering then maybe sharing is not a good idea because it is going to lead to stress and fights. If he doesn’t have the login information to online banking, sounds like you’re not completely comfortable with him yourself. In sharing, each person has full access (including passwords) at all times. It sounds like you’re both not a 100% committed to this sharing idea and that’s not a crime, try something else.

Incidentally, with most of the joint account couples I know, the woman manages the money and the man earns more. Maybe it takes more trust for a man to share with a woman rather than vice versa, I do not know but that’s what I have observed. It sounds like he does not trust you to manage money (I’m not accusing you of anything here) and if that’s the way he sees the situation, all the more reason to shelve the joint thing for now until you can both agree on how to move forward. Joint accounts, realistically, from my unscientific observation, don’t work for most Naija marriages. It’s either someone is spending too much on their own relatives , diving into sketchy business deals, making questionable investments, overspending , maintaining an unaffordable asoebi lifestyle, has a side chic/guy, etc

I would not call you dumb, I would just say maybe you’re trying do something with someone of a different mindset so it’s not working out. It’s not compulsory to share. It’s obvious you are very resentful about how things are being done and he’s lying about transactions so why suffer? If it’s not working, try something else. Having peace in your marriage is more important than sharing accounts when you’re not on the same page. Joint accounts require unity of purpose. For me, the idea makes it easy to plan and to manage the finances because it’s all one pot, one for all and all for one. We swim or sink together, each person knows what our assets are and knows where all the skeletons are buried.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

You are right @ the Nigerian thingy.

When I tell people (on a need to know basis) that we pull all resources in one pot, they become very uneasy with all sort of questions.
Re: Hsj by Mariangeles(f): 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2019
Breaststroke:

This cracked me up so bad cheesy grin I am still laughing & smiling as I type. For real you've made my day, thank you!

@ OP/Topic,

I feel sad for you because from the outside it looks to me like, hubby is using you and making a fool of you. I am working towards a Masters degree and every time I see the school fees my heart grows faint.

Your parents deserve better than what you are doing, for the simple fact that they funded your education up to Masters level (you know they didn't have to but they did) in addition to that, they gave you 2k dollars or was it pounds when you delivered a baby.

Where do you ladies meet men like these? Manipulative, controlling and insecure men! I jump and pass o! That is how one idioot (my male classmate) told me that if I meet potential suitors for marriage I should downplay my family background and the fact that I had a privileged childhood, so I don't scare men away.

I cursed the living day lights out of him, blocked him, then cut him out of my life. If saying the truth and praising parents for all the good things they did is an issue, then I don't have room for you in my life. Sorry I digress, I agree with those who say the joint account business needs to stop and you really need to do better by your parents, pls.

How annoying ... angry
No matter how much of herself a woman gives, it will never be enough for them !

3 Likes

Re: Hsj by Mariangeles(f): 11:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
THIS COULD BE THE MOST ANNOYING STORY I'VE EVER READ ON NAIRALAND!
I'M IRRITATINGLY IRRITATED !

1 Like

Re: Hsj by gejpmb: 12:41am On Oct 04, 2019
smiley
Re: Hsj by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:45am On Oct 04, 2019
It's a big shame.
Mariangeles:

As in...
My heart is totally SHATTERED from reading her story!
I'm ashamed of her for her parents !
Re: Hsj by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:50am On Oct 04, 2019
Foolery is different from submission, even if she claims she's a Christian, Bible says we should obey our parents, for that matter a good parent that suffered to train us.
Mariangeles:

How annoying ... angry
No matter how much of herself a woman gives, it will never be enough for them !
Re: Hsj by Godtschild: 4:44am On Oct 04, 2019
What of a joint account that needs two signatures before money can be withdrawn?

Fountainofyouth:
Joint account, never advisable, always the beginning of the end for couples,sad.
Re: Hsj by perfectcrown(f): 7:20am On Oct 04, 2019
hopefully:

Please help!

Please stop the joint account ASAP!
See ehn,he knew why he asked that you both have the joint account ( shebi you said you earn more than him),he's feeling insecured!

You better withdraw your pension back! As long as him no dey beat you or abuse you otherwise,biko talk to him and NEVER,I repeat, NEVER do the yeye joint account again!

1 Like

Re: Hsj by MMotimo: 11:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
bukatyne:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

You are right @ the Nigerian thingy.

When I tell people (on a need to know basis) that we pull all resources in one pot, they become very uneasy with all sort of questions.

They become uneasy because our Naija minds are instinctively drawn to the worst case scenarios (poisoning, hired killers, second wife, kids outside wedlock, etc) and no matter how much we love we still believe there should be a line when it comes to money. In fact, money equals life, joint accounts sound like giving someone the power of life and death over you cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Hsj by cococandy(f): 7:16am On Oct 07, 2019
grin
AntiBrutus:
I am surprised some posters haven't commented on this thread. Probably going their own way...
Re: Hsj by cococandy(f): 7:17am On Oct 07, 2019
Not true.
I do have a joint account with my DH.

Have to apply your own personal touch to it
Fountainofyouth:

1 Like

Re: Hsj by cococandy(f): 7:22am On Oct 07, 2019
It’s because money in naija is such a big deal to us and very hard to come by. if you look at situations around us, everyone understands why. At least that’s what I think.
Me in naija would be very very extremely wary of giving another person totally control over all of my income without being sure they are on the same page with me with their own income as well.

But me here would not think twice about it. Knowing that if I lose everything, I’ll just cut off the source of loss and in no time I’ll make the money all over again.

MMotimo:

They become uneasy because our Naija minds are instinctively drawn to the worst case scenarios (poisoning, hired killers, second wife, kids outside wedlock, etc) and no matter how much we love we still believe there should be a line when it comes to money. In fact, money equals life, joint accounts sound like giving someone the power of life and death over you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hsj by peacefulhome(f): 5:25pm On Oct 07, 2019
@Op, pls are you under the influence of alcohol ? Am just trying to get why you will put all your eggs in one basket all in the name of Joint Account. Abeg make every body give his or her own account. You mean you don't have equal access to money you work for? Let me stop here.

1 Like

Re: Hsj by extremelygolden: 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
You're in a "one chance" marriage, my sister and you've got to wise up.

Stop the joint account ish asap, to avoid story that touches the heart. You might be surprised he has an ongoing project that you don't know about yet.

He'll milk you dry one day and throw you out in the street.

Please be careful.

1 Like

Re: Hsj by bolseas(f): 8:44am On Oct 08, 2019
In one of your posts, you said he helps with house chores and he takes care of his children.

If you decide to take total control of your finances, worst case scenario, he will stop helping with house chores and taking care of HIS children.

If you can't do the chores alone, get someone to do them and you pay such person. As for taking care of children, you will sort it out.

1 Like

Re: Hsj by frozen70g(f): 9:31am On Oct 08, 2019
hopefully:
I need help.

My husband lied to me and thinks I am naive.

We keep a joint account and it was his idea which is not so much of a problem to me. What baffles me is that he likes to have 100% control over my income, when I need to buy stuffs for myself and the kids, he questions it. When I need to give my parents anything, he knows about it and 90% of the time every penny that goes to my people goes through his account just so that they think he is the one responsible for it and same to his family. My parents asked me once that why is everything coming from your husband and you are working? It bothers me a bit but that is how my huaband wants it. My mother asked me for cash last Christmas but my husband declined saying there is no cash and that we already bought them xmas gift and why is she asking for money again.

I am very carefree when it comes to issues like this, he gives people cash at will. He forced me to withdraw 25% of my pension and put over half of it in his account. Out of my pension, he gave out 300k to his friend and I didnt complain but when my parents asks for stuffs he complains to the extent that he recently said they are liabilities. These are people who sent me to school for bsc and masters in UK, gave us 2k dollars when we had our kids. I make more money than him and will not complain. Sometimes he asks me to log into my bank account to see my transactions. He expects me to transfer every penny of my salary to our joint savings account after I take care of my portion of the bills. He is an advocate of telling the truth and transparency but yet I found him wanting.

Of recent he forgot his phone at home and I went through it. His friend asked to loan some cash which he did. When his friend was about to return the money, he asked his friend to use it to buy a tv for his mum in nigeria. Dont get me wrong, I will never ask him not to buy stuffs for his mum infact when his mum makes I demand, I push to wnsure that he gets it for her because I believe every parent suffered on their kids and they need to reap the benefits. But he bought the tv and never mentioned it to me till now. I kept quiet like I didnt know. Of recent, his mum called and mentioned something about delivery of something to her house and I asked him about it, he lied to me and said it was their uncle who bought something for her. Immediately after that conversation, he deleted his whatsapp conversation with his friend not knowing that I already saw it. I have been acting normally, we talk,gist have sex and all and I only think about it when I wake up in the middle of the night. I plan to talk to him about it this weekend but what concerns me is that why do people behave like this, how do I know he hasn't been doing this in a long time while I am 100% truthful to him. He goes through my phone, checks my account and yet he is not sincere. I dont have any cash called mine because he enforces me to put everything in our joint account, even my pension was withdrawn and over half of it in his account and the while cash is gone. I cant go out to but somethig for myself without him approving it orherwise trouble. Of recent my mum came visiting and I bought her powder and foundation of less than 30 dollars and when he saw it in my account, he complained saying that must I buy her stuffs each time we go out?

Am I being a good wife or am I just DUMB?

Please help!

Of all your exposure and education, why did you allow this man to manipulate you like this ❓

Were you trying to be a good wife or you were afraid of losing him ❓

You have to make or take a decision that will not make you a slave

You can't be working hard and making money, yet you don't have control over it

Pls use your head because of tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Hsj by Acidosis(m): 10:35am On Oct 08, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Lord pls give me intelligent daughters.....Amen. Such a pity that a father and mother would train their girl child, only for her to place a tricky husband above her parents.

This your post is disturbing. We lose track of issues the moment we begin to compare husband or wife with parents. We don't have to place anyone above the other whether a spouse is tricky or awesome. We should rather put people in their rightful the right 'place'.

Whether the husband/wife is good or bad, no parent should dictate how a married child or child in-law should spend his or her money. It doesn't matter whether the child was trained in Harvard or ABU.

@OP, that being said, women need to apply wisdom in marriage. Standing up for what is rightfully yours shouldn't be a matter of how learned you are. My advice to any woman in your shoes, whether literate, rich, poor or uneducated, is never to give your trust to those who do not deserve it. No one should act as a dictator when it comes to spending the rewards of your labour, and that includes your husband and parents.

It is not a matter of girl-child! Men have been going to school, working and training up spouses and children for centuries without issues. The only issue is, you're a woman and a wife! You're not the sole provider in your home! As far as your finance is concerned, "advice" is the only input your husband can give. And 'advice' is the last thing to take from a liar and a perpetual hypocrite.

3 Likes

Re: Hsj by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:53am On Oct 08, 2019
It's unfortunate you haven't made a point. You mentioned that no one should be placed above the other, which I am not against. My only emphasis was why anyone would place someone who manipulates/oppresses her finances above her parents. If he wasn't a manipulator I'd never make the above statement. A husband who does not love his in-laws to the extent of manipulating his wife against helping them freely even when she earns well, and can afford it. He rather throws her resources around forming to be the owner. If you see nothing wrong with the OPs post, pls pray to have children who will be married into similar circumstances. I was done with the thread, kindly drop your views, and ignore mine. I am not inexperienced, I got in-laws, I see how people relate. I would appreciate you stop mentioning me.
Acidosis:

This your post is disturbing. We lose track of issues the moment we begin to compare husband or wife with parents. We don't have to place anyone above the other whether a spouse is tricky or awesome. We should rather put people in their rightful the right 'place'.

Whether the husband/wife is good or bad, no parent should dictate how a married child or child in-law should spend his or her money. It doesn't matter whether the child was trained in Harvard or ABU.

@OP, that being said, women need to apply wisdom in marriage. Standing up for what is rightfully yours shouldn't be a matter of how learned you are. My advice to any woman in your shoes, whether literate, rich, poor or uneducated, is never to give your trust to those who do not deserve it. No one should act as a dictator when it comes to spending the rewards of your labour, and that includes your husband and parents.

It is not a matter of girl-child! Men have been going to school, working and training up spouses and children for centuries without issues. The only issue is, you're a woman and a wife! You're not the sole provider in your home! As far as your finance is concerned, "advice" is the only input your husband can give. And 'advice' is the last thing to take from a liar and a perpetual hypocrite.
Re: Hsj by Acidosis(m): 11:09am On Oct 08, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
It's unfortunate you haven't made a point. You mentioned that no one should be placed above the other, which I am not against. My only emphasis was why anyone would place someone who manipulates/oppresses her finances above her parents. If he wasn't a manipulator I'd never make the above statement. A husband does not love love his in-laws to the extent of manipulating his wife against helping them freely even when she earns well, and can afford it. He rather throws her resources around forming to be the owner. If you see nothing wrong with the OPs post, pls pray to have children who will be married into similar circumstances. I was done with the thread, kindly drop your views, and ignore mine. I am not inexperienced, I got in-laws, I see how people relate. I would appreciate you stop mentioning me.

The bold is my point, thanks. You can make your point without the everyday parent-spouse comparison.

And it's funny how you expect a silence from me while asking me to pray for children in similar circumstances. Well, sorry to disappoint you, I don't walk into problems hoping and praying for solutions. I avoid them outrightly.

And by the way, your experience on this matter is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. If you cannot give the same point if OP was raised in OSU by a struggling parent, then it is irrelevant.
Re: Hsj by Nikkol: 12:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
Yea your being a dumb. He is such a cheat. Expects you to be open and truthful yet does the opposite. Anyways sort it with him but b4 then ask God to please let it end without a huge fight.

1 Like

Re: Hsj by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2019
You got no right to explain to me how to give my points. I am even trying to understand what the helll your last paragraph means...... Free me!
Acidosis:

The bold is my point, thanks. You can make your point without the everyday parent-spouse comparison.

And it's funny how you expect a silence from me while asking me to pray for children in similar circumstances. Well, sorry to disappoint you, I don't walk into problems hoping and praying for solutions. I avoid them outrightly.

And by the way, your experience on this matter is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. If you cannot give the same point if OP was raised in OSU by a struggling parent, then it is irrelevant.
Re: Hsj by ahnie: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2019
This story z very irritating...Asin in all ram!
In this modern age.

Pls wisen up!

2 Likes

Re: Hsj by LadySarah: 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2019
I'm part of those minding their business on this thread.
If not for my condition then,i still regret that i didnt give my mum my first salary.Then someone now questions my giving her tinz anytime it pleases me.

The person dey craze.

2 Likes

Re: Hsj by MMotimo: 3:08am On Oct 14, 2019
cococandy:
It’s because money in naija is such a big deal to us and very hard to come by. if you look at situations around us, everyone understands why. At least that’s what I think.
Me in naija would be very very extremely wary of giving another person totally control over all of my income without being sure they are on the same page with me with their own income as well.

But me here would not think twice about it. Knowing that if I lose everything, I’ll just cut off the source of loss and in no time I’ll make the money all over again.

But even rich people in Naija with overflowing bank accounts don’t do joint. I think the movement will take time to gain followers especially with this current breed of control freaks

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot / Letter To My Husband / Married, But Living Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.