Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day (33889 Views)

Hameed Ali Marries Zainab Abdullahi As New Wife (Photos) / Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud / Customs Officer Promotes Self To CG, Asks Hameed Ali To Hand Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by alexyontop: 9:18am On Oct 03, 2019
Good move...just remember u told us at least 4billion on a daily basis........folding my arms and watching how the money generated for will suddenly generate wings..

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by JubrinElSudan: 9:18am On Oct 03, 2019
You could have been specific witg the day it happened. You are coming to a committee, you should be prepared with facts and figures and not there was a day in September
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 03, 2019
Okay
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Bonjelomo: 9:18am On Oct 03, 2019
jbnk
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by WildChild00(m): 9:19am On Oct 03, 2019
Ahmed Ail controller of custom, you claim to have made 9.2 billion naira in one day fir the agency, base on the fact that the borders were closed, is that not so, but the question is who, how, when, accounts for this monies? How do you keep records, and millions of Nigerians can no longer feed as a result of that closure, I do hope the monies realised from the closure will be used and accounted for the benefit of all well meaning Nigerians @ large.
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by elipheleh(m): 9:19am On Oct 03, 2019
Oh
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by ada9ja(f): 9:20am On Oct 03, 2019
hisexcellency34:
With all these money, why are they returning till gates?

For more money
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 03, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
You could have been specific witg the day it happened. You are coming to a committee, you should be prepared with facts and figures and not there was a day in September
Its because it's a lie and cheap Propaganda!
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by StrikeBack(m): 9:21am On Oct 03, 2019
Bluffly:
With such billions per day hope we will get to see a better impact on Neighborhood insfractures or it's just fir us to salivate.
Even with opened borders, we have been making billions daily.

So believe all this at your peril
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by ada9ja(f): 9:22am On Oct 03, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:
these people crazy
okay fine you guys made billions in a day
but we nor they see wetin they dey take the money do
it is only God that can strike the person that invented democracy
communist 4 life

So development na one day, since the closure, u expect bridges to be built within that period
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by MYGRATEskillz(m): 9:22am On Oct 03, 2019
From the over 1600 unmanned border posts...

A moment of silence for this dead joke

4 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by SenecaTheYonger: 9:22am On Oct 03, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:
these people crazy
okay fine you guys made billions in a day
but we nor they see wetin they dey take the money do
it is only God that can strike the person that invented democracy
communist 4 life

mumu, this is communism. You don't have any freedom. You speak out, you end up in jail like Sowore. You look a certain way, and you get arrested. You own a laptop and you find yourself in jail. Wake up, this is communism. If you want to see true democracy, go to a white country. Democracy is not for blacks.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 03, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Talk is cheap! Pure propaganda! I am not saying closure of the border isn’t good.. but this is totally juicy from this guy..

If any government body makes more money regarding turnover, very difficult for them to say it on paper! Don’t believe this.
You are very smart.
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by JubrinElSudan: 9:23am On Oct 03, 2019
Logobenz:
Its because it's a lie and cheap Propaganda!
Ihe anyi machakwa grin
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by grandstar(m): 9:23am On Oct 03, 2019
To rake in 9b, I'm sure economic activity far greater than that was destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:23am On Oct 03, 2019
How does it impact Nigerians or improve their living standard ? That"s the question Mr Hameed! You are making billions,Nigerians are suffering! So what is the correlation between the two ?
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by KingOdart(m): 9:24am On Oct 03, 2019
Very good
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 03, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
Ihe anyi machakwa grin
hapu onye ala anwa.
Obu anyi ka onachi nroli?
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by litaninja(m): 9:24am On Oct 03, 2019
In 2 years time, customs will come back to say revenues dropped to almost zero.
Remember firs?
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Gideoniteprime4: 9:25am On Oct 03, 2019
ada9ja:

So development na one day, since the closure, u expect bridges to be built within that period
so all the money we have been generating for 59 years is not enough for development shebi?
what is wrong if we build a bridge in one day?
na bad thing say our LEADERS utilize fresh revenues for infrastructural growth?
if i reason you!

Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by chinedu234(m): 9:25am On Oct 03, 2019
Mr Ali can do well to know that the amount they have collected will go back abroad via higher prices for next importations. How has that made Nigeria better? Secondly,how long can Nigeria afford to keep the borders closed? What about the costs of keeping the borders closed?
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 03, 2019
MYGRATEskillz:
From the over 1600 unmanned border posts...

A moment of silence for this dead joke
I believe all my guys na...
Closure kee him there grin grin
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by juman(m): 9:26am On Oct 03, 2019
Wilston:
Wow that is over 1.5 trillion in a year
Does the government still need increase VAT and other unnecessary taxes.

If this money is spent judiciously Nigeria would be a very prosperous state

In normal circumstances, 1.5 trillion isn't enough for kwara alone in a year.
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by mercyviv(f): 9:26am On Oct 03, 2019
I still don't understand; how do you close a border, is there a gate there or wall or something that serves as a physical impediment? I say this because even before, the Seme border has been partially closed, yet contraband goods and materials still enter the country through the very porous border. So, has the borderline become less porous now or it has now been permanently surveiled by customs and security agencies or what??
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Titogbanski: 9:26am On Oct 03, 2019
very typical APC achievement. It never affects the lives of people positively

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:26am On Oct 03, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

mumu, this is communism. You don't have any freedom. You speak out, you end up in jail like Sowore. You look a certain way, and you get arrested. You own a laptop and you find yourself in jail. Wake up, this is communism. If you want to see true democracy, go to a white country. Democracy is not for blacks.

So Russia that actually has communism isint white abi?

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by vertueptime: 9:27am On Oct 03, 2019
TeamSimple:
So Where is the money?
Or proof of it. Social Media money lol
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by signz: 9:27am On Oct 03, 2019
Lies!

Lies!

Lies!

If true, why are they trying to be bring back road tax, data & dstv tax, etc. Why are they impoverishing Nigerians with increase in taxes.

This is simply AUDIO MONEY

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by juman(m): 9:28am On Oct 03, 2019
I don't have faith in this clueless government.
Hunger pervades the land.
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Suremikky(m): 9:29am On Oct 03, 2019
Bluffly:
With such billions per day hope we will get to see a better impact on Neighborhood insfractures or it's just fir us to salivate.

Why u dey Wyne ursef na??.u and I know that things only get worse in this country!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker / Ali Ndume: 'Senators Are Afraid Of Saraki, Compromise On Critical Issues' / El-rufai: I Withdrew My Son From Public School Because Of Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.