Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day (33890 Views)

Hameed Ali Marries Zainab Abdullahi As New Wife (Photos) / Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud / Customs Officer Promotes Self To CG, Asks Hameed Ali To Hand Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 03, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

I don't understand your post. It's seems like you're agreeing with me but are too angry to see it

Also don't blame China's development on communism. They have IQ higher than even white people. They only started becoming a threat, economic wise, recently. Guess what? They now practice 60% democracy, especially with biz and trade. They were shiit under communism.

What democracy? With one party state, president for life, heavy internet censorship, and points applied to your life?
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Xclusiveme: 10:01am On Oct 03, 2019
In Burna boy new song ''Another Story'' it protrails that Nigeria was just a company done deal with the British Colonel. Before Nigeria can be great again, we have to eradicate every citizen that is above 30years. Some are innocent I know, but that's for a greater cause for our future generation
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 03, 2019
Xclusiveme:
In Burna boy new song ''Another Story'' it protrails that Nigeria was just a company done deal with the British Colonel. Before Nigeria can be great again, we have to eradicate every citizen that is above 30years. Some are innocent I know, but that's for a greater cause for our future generation
You reason like boko haram undecided
Spits!
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by michoim(m): 10:06am On Oct 03, 2019
This is one of Buhari 's magic...to God be the glory
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Danwakae(m): 10:06am On Oct 03, 2019
THEY MAKE THIS KIND OF MONEY YET, THEY STILL WANT TO TAX US

BIG THIEVES LIARS
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by erico2k2(m): 10:09am On Oct 03, 2019
cyrilamx:
The comptroller general of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Hameed Ali, says the recent border closure is a blessing for the state

- Ali says while the country made N9.2 billion in just one day, it has continued to rake in money in billions

- The customs boss recalls being scared when the implementation of the policy on border closure was to be implemented

Colonel Hameed Ali, comptroller general of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), has revealed that the policy on border closure is assisting in the revenue generation bid of the agency.

According to Ali, who said this while speaking with a joint National Assembly committee on finance in Abuja, the agency, at one time, made N9.2 billion in one day

He further said that the agency now makes at least N5 billion to N 6 billion on a daily basis.

Ali noted that since the closure of the borders, most cargoes now berth in Nigeria instead of Benin Republic as was the case in the past.

"When we closed the border my fear was that our revenue is going to drop. To be honest our revenue kept increasing.

“There was a day in September that we collected N9.2 billion in one day. It has never happened before.

“This is after the closure of the border and since then, we have maintained an average of about N4.7 billion to N5.8 billion on a daily basis which is far more than we used to collect," he said.

Legit.ng earlier reported that the comptroller-general of the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS), Hameed Ali, recently disclosed the unwillingness of the federal government to change its stand on the closure of borders anytime soon.

Ali, who spoke at Idiroko, Ogun state, said the federal government is not ready to open the borders as the country continues to check the trends of smuggling.

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1262616-border-closure-customs-recorded-n92bn-revenue-a-day---hameed-ali.html?__twitter_impression=true
so howmuch is our budget again?

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by saajus: 10:10am On Oct 03, 2019
Buhari has charged all ministries to make money anyhow. VAT, CBN cash policy penalty, border closure.
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Xclusiveme: 10:17am On Oct 03, 2019
Logobenz:
You reason like boko haram undecided
Spits!

LOL. Na too much movie
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by wellmax(m): 10:21am On Oct 03, 2019
Logobenz:
Propaganda as usual.
The borders will soon open.
What's the relationship between border closure and increase in customs revenues via regular ports,keeping in my mind that the goods that usually were imported through Benin republic are contraband?
Or have they now started letting in Turkey,rice and the likes via Lagos?
Borders will soon open!anyone can bet me if you want grin

Illiteracy they say is a disease but I see ignorance is a plague.
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Fashdeejay(m): 10:21am On Oct 03, 2019
TeamSimple:
So Where is the money?
the real question my brother, is how did they make 9.2b in a day? What did the customs do to make that much in one day. Cars aren't coming in, nothing is being imported through the land borders, so except they are receiving high bribes to cross illegals, how did they make that amount in a day? Na customs..
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Litmus: 10:24am On Oct 03, 2019
No border control, no country. The tighter Nigeria makes her border, the better Nigeria will become and Nigerians benefit from thire own nation. Those that condemn border closure are either foreign African nationals or those smarter than the rest of the world where controling of borders in order to control immigration, piracy and insecurity yearly rank among the top ten policy priorities.
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by adenigga(m): 10:24am On Oct 03, 2019
hisexcellency34:
With all these money, why are they returning toll gates?

I think toll gate fees is meant for roads maintenance if they are sincere. Customs revenues will b utilized in another realms. Diversification in revenue generation!!!!
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Area4Area: 10:25am On Oct 03, 2019
OhiOfIhima:
So the revenue generated is more concern than the wellbeing of Nigerians..

Bring the price of the commodities down to where you n your APC govt met it.. Rice den was going for 7-9k/50kg while now is 17-20k. A kilo of chick den was #650 and now #1200.

Your income doesn't put food to our table...
Don't go and start a poultry or rice farm and start raking in millions, be waiting for the FG to open the borders so that cheap goods would flood Nigeria and you can be happy

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by JastSiryin(m): 10:25am On Oct 03, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:
these people crazy
okay fine you guys made billions in a day
but we nor they see wetin they dey take the money do
it is only God that can strike the person that invented democracy
communist 4 life
Commu wetin!? Bros if we could turn democracy into this mess we have currently , trust me, you don't wanna know what would've happened if we practised communism. And go look up it's history sef, it has always been a shitty form of govt. People who support it just do so to assume an "anti-democracy" stance. Democracy ain't for everyone, but communism is crap.
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 03, 2019
wellmax:

Illiteracy they say is a disease but I see ignorance is a plague.
You are the illiterate here men.
Some things are too big for peasants like you to understand. wink
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by GeoAfrikana(m): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:
these people crazy
okay fine you guys made billions in a day
but we nor they see wetin they dey take the money do
it is only God that can strike the person that invented democracy
communist 4 life

Democracy is a scam.

Communism is another scam.

Military or monarchy is the deal.
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by SarkinYarki: 10:36am On Oct 03, 2019
Wilston:
Wow that is over 1.5 trillion in a year
Does the government still need increase VAT and other unnecessary taxes.

If this money is spent judiciously Nigeria would be a very prosperous state

So you believe him?
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by owila4luv(m): 10:36am On Oct 03, 2019
Las Las Wetin Dem Go Use De Money Do?
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by olomolekan(m): 10:38am On Oct 03, 2019
Great move
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Doyin2(m): 10:38am On Oct 03, 2019
realbest:

The last time I checked before military hand over to PDP .A bag of rice is 2200-2500 naira,a dollar is 22 naira and a litre of petrol is 18 naira.So howc come APC meet rice @7-9 k ?
Go buy sense if you don't know how Nigeria and Nigerians arrived at this junction .

Excellent point.

Economic illiterates should henceforth understand that inflationary trends or increase in prices of goods and services,does not imply bad economy.
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 03, 2019
SarkinYarki:

So you believe him?
Many here are tactless dunces Sarkin,reason I feel engaging them might be useless.
The goods that came through land mostly were contraband.
So how did shutting contraband routes increase custom revenue?
Or have they now start allowing in contraband in Lagos ports which boosted their revenue?
Or did smugglers suddenly turn to legit importers overnight?
This Hameed guy underestimates Nigerians too much undecided

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Area4Area: 10:42am On Oct 03, 2019
Fashdeejay:
the real question my brother, is how did they make 9.2b in a day? What did the customs do to make that much in one day. Cars aren't coming in, nothing is being imported through the land borders, so except they are receiving high bribes to cross illegals, how did they make that amount in a day? Na customs..
I knew I'd see something like this here, obviously you didn't even read the report before posting.
The report said that since the closure of the borders, ships destined for Benin ports are now coming to Nigeria, increased ships, increased revenue.
Most of you should endeavor to read the main story and not only the topic before posting.
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by SarkinYarki: 10:49am On Oct 03, 2019
Logobenz:
Many here are tactless dunces Sarkin,reason I feel engaging them might be useless.
The goods that came through land mostly were contraband.
So how did shutting contraband routes increase custom revenue?
Or have they now start allowing in contraband in Lagos ports which boosted their revenue?
Or did smugglers suddenly turn to legit importers overnight?
This Hameed guy underestimates Nigerians too much undecided

Exactly where did the sudden increase come from is the borders where closed to contrabands

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Area4Area: 10:54am On Oct 03, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Exactly where did the sudden increase come from is the borders where closed to contrabands
Can you simply list the contrabands here?
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by SarkinYarki: 10:55am On Oct 03, 2019
Area4Area:
Can you simply list the contrabands here?

You are not a very smart person it seems
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 10:56am On Oct 03, 2019
A white lie.
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by OhiOfIhima: 10:56am On Oct 03, 2019
realbest:

The last time I checked before military hand over to PDP .A bag of rice is 2200-2500 naira,a dollar is 22 naira and a litre of petrol is 18 naira.So howc come APC meet rice @7-9 k ?
Go buy sense if you don't know how Nigeria and Nigerians arrived at this junction .

I think you should be d one who is in need of sense rite now.. my 7-9k means Seven thousand to Nine thousand Naira as of 2013-2015. I think you have comprehension issue.
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by OhiOfIhima: 10:58am On Oct 03, 2019
tragergeorge:
kilo of chicken 650?? Lies ,,,, the lowest half kilo was sold before border closer is 550

I was not referred to before the border was closed, what I said was before the coming of APC govt in general.
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Deepthoughts: 10:58am On Oct 03, 2019
cyrilamx:
The comptroller general of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Hameed Ali, says the recent border closure is a blessing for the state

- Ali says while the country made N9.2 billion in just one day, it has continued to rake in money in billions

- The customs boss recalls being scared when the implementation of the policy on border closure was to be implemented

Colonel Hameed Ali, comptroller general of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), has revealed that the policy on border closure is assisting in the revenue generation bid of the agency.

According to Ali, who said this while speaking with a joint National Assembly committee on finance in Abuja, the agency, at one time, made N9.2 billion in one day

He further said that the agency now makes at least N5 billion to N 6 billion on a daily basis.

Ali noted that since the closure of the borders, most cargoes now berth in Nigeria instead of Benin Republic as was the case in the past.

"When we closed the border my fear was that our revenue is going to drop. To be honest our revenue kept increasing.

“There was a day in September that we collected N9.2 billion in one day. It has never happened before.

“This is after the closure of the border and since then, we have maintained an average of about N4.7 billion to N5.8 billion on a daily basis which is far more than we used to collect," he said.

Legit.ng earlier reported that the comptroller-general of the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS), Hameed Ali, recently disclosed the unwillingness of the federal government to change its stand on the closure of borders anytime soon.

Ali, who spoke at Idiroko, Ogun state, said the federal government is not ready to open the borders as the country continues to check the trends of smuggling.

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1262616-border-closure-customs-recorded-n92bn-revenue-a-day---hameed-ali.html?__twitter_impression=true
Ok this is coming from a buhari trusted subject,we don't want to hear low crude price excuse again oooh, let's see so magic now from the chief saint!.
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Chukazu: 10:59am On Oct 03, 2019
That is how this government has been declaration bogus money, from FIRS, NPA ,CUSTOMS ,WASC ,EFCC, YELLOW FEVER, FRSC, POLICE, FIRE SERVICE, and from jollof Rice but at the end they can even fund a useless budget instead they want go and borrow money from the world Bank : sad
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by OhiOfIhima: 11:00am On Oct 03, 2019
Area4Area:
Don't go and start a poultry or rice farm and start raking in millions, be waiting for the FG to open the borders so that cheap goods would flood Nigeria and you can be happy

You might have d money to cash in those tins, remember your aging families back in d village are also in need of those things too..
Re: Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day by Area4Area: 11:00am On Oct 03, 2019
SarkinYarki:

You are not a very smart person it seems
Obviously you don't even know but shouting contraband upandan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

El-rufai: I Withdrew My Son From Public School Because Of Kidnappers / Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics / Fayose Committed A Sin By Wearing The Islamic Regalia To The Eid Ground: Cleric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.