Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,356 members, 7,829,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? (24801 Views)

Who Is God? Enoch, The Book Of Enoch & The Anunnaki's / Book Of Enoch Reveals So Much. It's So Unbelievable! / The Book Of Enoch Exposed!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 1:35am On Oct 22, 2019
budaatum:
Can't say I'm surprised muttley, that you missed everything. Yadayada word diarrhea is usually indicative of blindness and hearing only yourself, though, I doubt you can possibly have been hearing yourself.
Stale and unoriginal.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by budaatum: 1:38am On Oct 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Stale and unoriginal.
It's all I got for you muttley I'm awfully afraid.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 1:47am On Oct 22, 2019
budaatum:
Can't say I'm surprised muttley, that you missed everything. Yadayada word diarrhea is usually indicative of blindness and hearing only yourself, though, I doubt you can possibly have been hearing yourself.
"Confession
My eyes don't work as well as they used to so I have not been reading the books I said I would read. I'm listening instead with the devices below. The beauty is I get to 'read' each book more than once - four five times to be precise, and wherever I happen to go. Nothing beats a 1am walk listening to the Word of God.
"
- Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by budaatum: 9:49pm On Mar 30

The internet never forgets. It is simply unforgettable. "Agbalagba arugbo, agba tii nde", it never forgot about your eyes that don't work as well as they used to.

budaatum:
It's all I got for you muttley I'm awfully afraid.
Thank you but don't be afraid. Summon up that 2 Timothy 1:7 God-given love, power and a sound mind.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by budaatum: 7:29am On Oct 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"Confession
My eyes don't work as well as they used to so I have not been reading the books I said I would read. I'm listening instead with the devices below. The beauty is I get to 'read' each book more than once - four five times to be precise, and wherever I happen to go. Nothing beats a 1am walk listening to the Word of God.
"
- Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by budaatum: 9:49pm On Mar 30

The internet never forgets. It is simply unforgettable. "Agbalagba arugbo, agba tii nde", it never forgot about your eyes that don't work as well as they used to.
Instead of quoting out of context mut, and making yourself stupid, remind me again, who said the following?

MuttleyLaff:
budaatum, please I think I've missed something,
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 7:42am On Oct 22, 2019
budaatum:
Instead of quoting out of context mut, and making yourself stupid, remind me again, who said the following?
Those that live in glasshouses shouldnt be throwing stones. No, I didnt quote you out of context ma'am, I just reminded you about your "blindness" and hearing/listening to yourself, thats all
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by missjo(f): 7:47am On Oct 22, 2019
OkCornel:
Cc: missjo, maamin, gobuchinny, budaatum, nijabazaar, RiyadhGoddess

Hello Cornel, apologies for not honoring your mentions till now.

I have not studied The Book of Enoch in-depth, I have a pdf file of it on my PC but haven't quite begun the process of doing an intense truth study of its writings. So i can not really offer much regarding the subject.

However, i am not one of those saying the sons of God are Seth's descendants tho. cheesy I have always and still maintain that the sons of God in Genesis are fallen angels.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 7:51am On Oct 22, 2019
missjo:

I have not studied The Book of Enoch in-depth, I have a pdf file of it on my PC but haven't quite begun the process of doing an intense truth study of its writings. So i can not really offer much regarding the subject.

However, i am not one of those saying the sons of God are Seth's descendants tho. cheesy I have always and still maintain that the sons of God in Genesis are fallen angels.

No probs dear.

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ihedinobi3: 9:15am On Oct 22, 2019
OkCornel:

Ahn ahn, I didn't know holding onto a single professor's view (Dr. Luginbill) is now the standard for looking into the matter of the book of Enoch thoroughly?

I mean, you discounted and turned a blind eye to the view of other numerous scholars and encyclopedias to hinge onto a funny speculative view that the book of Jude was written before the book of Enoch? As in...who in his or her right senses would conclude the book of Jude was written before the book of Enoch?

Amazing how someone can tell lies comfortably and defend it vigorously.

https://www.nairaland.com/5450889/why-book-enoch-removed-bible/8#83327413

https://www.nairaland.com/5450889/why-book-enoch-removed-bible/9#83328261

By the way, there's a certain false teacher that claimed the Holy Spirit withheld some of His gifts from the church since after the Bible era. I'm still trying to recall this false teacher vividly.... smiley
Hello OkCornel.

I have a reason for returning to this discussion with you. Incidentally, that reason is also one of your challenges to believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, God Who put on Humanity as well to die for all human sin. You asked,

"Or which of this advice should we adhere to?
Proverbs 24 v 5-6;

4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit."

Both are two halves of one whole. There are times when you do not answer a fool because there is no good answer for him. A fool rejects reason. It is meaningless then to seek to reason with him. However, there are times when a fool's arrogance needs to be challenged, so that he learns humility. It is wisdom to know the difference.

My policy in general is not to bother with people who reject Scriptural authority, except when they ask direct questions that I consider reasonable. Such questions, like the one you asked above, may be asked in order to trip believers up, but they often provide me with opportunities to demonstrate to young believers that there are really answers to such questions in the Bible. Otherwise, I consider it a waste of precious time and energy to engage in debates with such people. Also, there are times when I am simply unable to bear the emotional burden of dealing with such people, so I don't engage at such times.

You are clearly determined to do significant damage to believers using this thread - and others like it, I'm sure. You know why it is important to you to do just that. As for me, I think I am up to the burden right now, and it seems to me like your questions and challenges need to be answered.

I'll begin then from where I just left off above:

1. Contradictions in the Bible.
I. You claim that there are contradictions in the 66 books that evangelical Protestants accept as inspired.

a) Why though is this claim any use to you when you argue, not that the 66 books are not inspired, but that there are other books that are just as inspired as them?

b) Are you changing positions now to claim that the 66 books are not inspired, but rather that the books that you claim that they referenced and quoted are the inspired ones?

c) Can any inspired literature possess contradictions and internal inconsistency?

d) If your answer to (c) above is "yes," how can you explain the possiblity that God can lie, because inspiration only means that He endorses the whole message of the literature as reliable and true and worthy of acceptance among all generations of men (that is why the Word of God is living: it endures without fail)?

II. In answer to your question about 2 Samuel 24:1 and 1 Chronicles 21:1, I will call to your mind two other passages in the Bible that are similar. One is 1 Kings 22:19-23 and Job 1:6-12; 2:1-7.

Principle I: Nothing happens without God's say-so.

Principle II: All things, including Satan, are tools in God's Hands to serve His Purposes.

These two principles are apparent in the Scriptures above. God did move David to carry out a census in Israel. Satan did tempt David to carry out a census in Israel. Yes, it was the same census. No, there was no contradiction. Satan merely got God's Permission to tempt David in the manner that He did. God permitted him to do it, because God was angry with Israel and meant to punish them as a result of that census.

Now, there are two things that are important to point out about Satan's temptation of believers and censuses in Israel.

i) Satan does ask for and sometimes obtains special permission to tempt some believers. We have already seen that in the example of Job above. But it bears repeating. In Luke 22:31, the Lord Jesus confirms this in His warning to Peter. So, it can be expected that Satan asked for special permission to tempt David in this matter of the census.

ii) Censuses in Israel were a sacred affair. In Exodus 30:12, God commanded that no censuses were to be carried out without providing a ransom for each male who is counted. Without that ransom, a plague would come upon Israel. So, while it was not wrong for David to seek to know the number of all Israelite males in his dominions - in fact, Moses carried out several censuses of Israel during the time that he led the nation, and so did many other leaders and kings -, there was a divinely ordained procedure that he was supposed to follow to carry out such a census. David did not follow this procedure.

So, the picture to be seen here is that David carried out an unsanctioned census after Satan tempted him to do so, and that provided the Lord with a means to punish Israel at the time. Seventy thousand Israelites died of a plague as a punishment for David's failure, but this too was what the Lord had sought to accomplish by allowing Satan to tempt David.

As to why the Lord would do things this way, He is the King of the Universe. He has every right to do whatever He pleases. However, it is clear that Israel was acting in the manner that Israel usually did whenever they had everything in abundance: they got spiritually lazy. That was proved by David's unusual failure in alertness when he was tempted in the matter of the census. David was usually careful to find out whether the Lord wanted him to do this or that, but we see no signs of this here, even when Joab, a not particularly exemplary character, sought to dissuade him from it. The result is that he carried out an unsanctioned census and brought about the deaths of tens of thousands of Israelites in a manner that woke Israel up from their spiritual slumber.

Conclusion: There was no contradiction between those two passages, just as there was none in the other two that I treated at the beginning of this post.

III. In the matter of the disparity in amounts paid, in 2 Samuel 24, David paid for the threshing-floor and the equipment and provisions for the sacrifices that he made to the Lord. In 1 Chronicles 21, David paid for the whole site on which the threshing-floor was built to make it a shrine to the Lord at the time. This can happen because the urgency would have led him to pay the 50 shekels of silver first for the threshing-floor and the provisions for the sacrifices just to get the sacrifices done, then later he would have paid the 600 shekels of gold for the whole land because Araunah/Ornan could no longer use the place as a threshing-floor with an altar standing on it.

2. The Matter of Scholarship.
This is actually a very simple matter. Even in so-called precise sciences like physics, interpreting data, proposing theories, creating new scientific methods each results in plenty enough disagreement in the scientific community. So, that there is dissent on the part of even one member of an erudite community is not really proof of any kind that that member is less than erudite.

For another thing, argumentum ad populum is usually a fallacy. Although, in general, if more people believe something, it is usually because it is true, it is not therefore a universal case. That is, it is incorrect to assume that a given thing is true because more people believe it than don't. That is to say, that something is popular does not automatically make it true. Again, so-called precise sciences like physics have proven this time and again, that popular ideas are often false. So, the fact that you have a great number of scholars touting one opinion is no proof that that opinion is correct. It may be, but it won't be just because so many people believe it.

Finally, I was not quoting a scholarly work. Those were excerpts from personal emails that the Professor exchanged with inquirers who read his Bible-teaching website (you would know this if you actually bothered to check out the link). As such, his tone would have been necessarily different than if he were writing for his peers or as an expert in classical history. This is a very normal thing. Non-initiates in any given field, in general, do not often appreciate exactly how knowledge in that field works, so when experts speak to outsiders, they sound somewhat different than when they speak as authorities or peers. Having said that, as I said before, that someone has an opinion does not automatically mean that their opinion is either false or inadmissible, especially if the person is an expert in the field in which he or she is having an opinion.

3. Your accusations of me.
Have you looked up the word "travesty?" These are two definitions of it from the Cambridge dictionary online:

i) something that fails to represent the values and qualities that it is intended to represent, in a way that is shocking or offensive

ii) something that completely fails to do what it is intended or expected to do, and therefore seems ridiculous

I said that your accusation of me to have modified my post to Jamesid29 without warning was a travesty. I meant that it was a ridiculous accusation. Not only had I indicated that I edited the second post when I did days ago, but I never edited either post in any other way, much less in the manner that you described. You obviously didn't know what you were talking about, since the "Edited" tag had been there all along while you were making your accusations. I didn't bother to deny that I had modified the posts because you had not accused me of modifying them. You had accused me of modifying them without warning and also of modifying them in a way that I simply did not. As I said, I knew that you didn't know what you were talking about, so I simply waited for you to catch up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 9:45am On Oct 22, 2019
missjo:

You will never find any verse in the Bible, that, in a clear, direct and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, saying fallen angels or said angels are sons of God. I dare you to come up with any verse(s) missjo and let me counter you and take you to the cleaners with them.lol.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 10:08am On Oct 22, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Hello OkCornel.

I have a reason for returning to this discussion with you. Incidentally, that reason is also one of your challenges to believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, God Who put on Humanity as well to die for all human sin. You asked,

"Or which of this advice should we adhere to?
Proverbs 24 v 5-6;

4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit."

Both are two halves of one whole. There are times when you do not answer a fool because there is no good answer for him. A fool rejects reason. It is meaningless then to seek to reason with him. However, there are times when a fool's arrogance needs to be challenged, so that he learns humility. It is wisdom to know the difference.

Please educate us further, when is the perfect time to answer a fool, and when not to answer a fool? Oh well, I guess that is a totally subjective matter to be swept under the carpet of "wisdom to know the difference"

Ihedinobi3:

My policy in general is not to bother with people who reject Scriptural authority, except when they ask direct questions that I consider reasonable. Such questions, like the one you asked above, may be asked in order to trip believers up, but they often provide me with opportunities to demonstrate to young believers that there are really answers to such questions in the Bible. Otherwise, I consider it a waste of precious time and energy to engage in debates with such people. Also, there are times when I am simply unable to bear the emotional burden of dealing with such people, so I don't engage at such times.

Per the bolded, please why are you dodging questions on the extra books in the first version of the KJV Bible? Or are those extra books no longer scriptural authority? Same goes for the extra books in the Ethiopian Bible.

Ihedinobi3:

You are clearly determined to do significant damage to believers using this thread - and others like it, I'm sure. You know why it is important to you to do just that. As for me, I think I am up to the burden right now, and it seems to me like your questions and challenges need to be answered.

I'll begin then from where I just left off above:

1. Contradictions in the Bible.
I. You claim that there are contradictions in the 66 books that evangelical Protestants accept as inspired.

a) Why though is this claim any use to you when you argue, not that the 66 books are not inspired, but that there are other books that are just as inspired as them?
Please and please, can you point out where I claimed the 66 books are not inspired? My position has been clear on this thread. GOD'S WORD CANNOT BE LIMITED TO A SET OF BOOKS? An eternal God who has been talking before man invented ink and paper suddenly has all His words limited to 66 books?
Take for example a prophecy/revelation from God concerning Nigeria that comes to pass in our time, is that prophecy/revelation the word of God? Yes or No. Must one cross check and look for where Nigeria is written in the Bible before one concludes the prophecy/revelation is from God?

Ihedinobi3:

b) Are you changing positions now to claim that the 66 books are not inspired, but rather that the books that you claim that they referenced and quoted are the inspired ones?

Please can you point out where I claimed the 66 books are not "inspired"? Are you finding it difficult to understand what I've been saying all this while is GOD'S WORDS CANNOT BE LIMITED TO 66 BOOKS?

Ihedinobi3:

c) Can any inspired literature possess contradictions and internal inconsistency?
Absolutely yes, you cannot rule out the impact of errors made by imperfect men in the course of writing down the words of an perfect God.

Ihedinobi3:

d) If your answer to (c) above is "yes," how can you explain the possiblity that God can lie, because inspiration only means that He endorses the whole message of the literature as reliable and true and worthy of acceptance among all generations of men (that is why the Word of God is living: it endures without fail)?

Refer to my answer in (c) above. God is perfect, but man is subject to bias, errors and mistakes. The imperfections of man cannot be used as a basis to evaluate whether God is a liar or not.

Ihedinobi3:

II. In answer to your question about 2 Samuel 24:1 and 1 Chronicles 21:1, I will call to your mind two other passages in the Bible that are similar. One is 1 Kings 22:19-23 and Job 1:6-12; 2:1-7.

Principle I: Nothing happens without God's say-so.

Principle II: All things, including Satan, are tools in God's Hands to serve His Purposes.

I was predictably expecting you to use the case of Job to explain the obvious contradiction between 2 Samuel 24:1 and 1 Chronicles 21:1.
Please bear in mind, according to you and the 66 books crew, the 66 books are the inspired and complete words of God. Can you point out where exactly God had a meeting with Satan, authorizing Satan to tempt David?

Ihedinobi3:

These two principles are apparent in the Scriptures above. God did move David to carry out a census in Israel. Satan did tempt David to carry out a census in Israel. Yes, it was the same census. No, there was no contradiction. Satan merely got God's Permission to tempt David in the manner that He did. God permitted him to do it, because God was angry with Israel and meant to punish them as a result of that census.

Now, there are two things that are important to point out about Satan's temptation of believers and censuses in Israel.

i) Satan does ask for and sometimes obtains special permission to tempt some believers. We have already seen that in the example of Job above. But it bears repeating. In Luke 22:31, the Lord Jesus confirms this in His warning to Peter. So, it can be expected that Satan asked for special permission to tempt David in this matter of the census.

ii) Censuses in Israel were a sacred affair. In Exodus 30:12, God commanded that no censuses were to be carried out without providing a ransom for each male who is counted. Without that ransom, a plague would come upon Israel. So, while it was not wrong for David to seek to know the number of all Israelite males in his dominions - in fact, Moses carried out several censuses of Israel during the time that he led the nation, and so did many other leaders and kings -, there was a divinely ordained procedure that he was supposed to follow to carry out such a census. David did not follow this procedure.

So, the picture to be seen here is that David carried out an unsanctioned census after Satan tempted him to do so, and that provided the Lord with a means to punish Israel at the time. Seventy thousand Israelites died of a plague as a punishment for David's failure, but this too was what the Lord had sought to accomplish by allowing Satan to tempt David.

As to why the Lord would do things this way, He is the King of the Universe. He has every right to do whatever He pleases. However, it is clear that Israel was acting in the manner that Israel usually did whenever they had everything in abundance: they got spiritually lazy. That was proved by David's unusual failure in alertness when he was tempted in the matter of the census. David was usually careful to find out whether the Lord wanted him to do this or that, but we see no signs of this here, even when Joab, a not particularly exemplary character, sought to dissuade him from it. The result is that he carried out an unsanctioned census and brought about the deaths of tens of thousands of Israelites in a manner that woke Israel up from their spiritual slumber.

Conclusion: There was no contradiction between those two passages, just as there was none in the other two that I treated at the beginning of this post.

Per the bolded, please I don't want your assumptions. The 66 books of the Bible is the complete word of God right? Kindly point out where God had a meeting with Satan permitting him to tempt David.

I guess if we use this assumption of yours, perhaps Satan was the one who also hardened Pharoah's heart with God's permission cheesy

Ihedinobi3:

III. In the matter of the disparity in amounts paid, in 2 Samuel 24, David paid for the threshing-floor and the equipment and provisions for the sacrifices that he made to the Lord. In 1 Chronicles 21, David paid for the whole site on which the threshing-floor was built to make it a shrine to the Lord at the time. This can happen because the urgency would have led him to pay the 50 shekels of silver first for the threshing-floor and the provisions for the sacrifices just to get the sacrifices done, then later he would have paid the 600 shekels of gold for the whole land because Araunah/Ornan could no longer use the place as a threshing-floor with an altar standing on it.

Did you miss out on the total package Ornan offered to David in both 1 Chronicles 21 v 23 and 2 Samuel 24 v 21-22?

1 Chronicles 21 v 23-25;
23 And Ornan said unto David, Take it to thee, and let my lord the king do that which is good in his eyes: lo, I give thee the oxen also for burnt offerings, and the threshing instruments for wood, and the wheat for the meat offering; I give it all.

2 Samuel 24 v 21-22
21 And Araunah said, Wherefore is my lord the king come to his servant? And David said, To buy the threshingfloor of thee, to build an altar unto the Lord, that the plague may be stayed from the people.
22 And Araunah said unto David, Let my lord the king take and offer up what seemeth good unto him: behold, here be oxen for burnt sacrifice, and threshing instruments and other instruments of the oxen for wood.

Please and please, where in this discussion between David and Araunah a.k.a. Ornan did the seller (Ornan) imply in anyway threshing floor is totally different from the land David bought? Is this your subtle addition into the 66 books representing the complete word of God?

Ihedinobi3:

2. The Matter of Scholarship.
This is actually a very simple matter. Even in so-called precise sciences like physics, interpreting data, proposing theories, creating new scientific methods each results in plenty enough disagreement in the scientific community. So, that there is dissent on the part of even one member of an erudite community is not really proof of any kind that that member is less than erudite.

For another thing, argumentum ad populum is usually a fallacy. Although, in general, if more people believe something, it is usually because it is true, it is not therefore a universal case. That is, it is incorrect to assume that a given thing is true because more people believe it than don't. That is to say, that something is popular does not automatically make it true. Again, so-called precise sciences like physics have proven this time and again, that popular ideas are often false. So, the fact that you have a great number of scholars touting one opinion is no proof that that opinion is correct. It may be, but it won't be just because so many people believe it.

Finally, I was not quoting a scholarly work. Those were excerpts from personal emails that the Professor exchanged with inquirers who read his Bible-teaching website (you would know this if you actually bothered to check out the link). As such, his tone would have been necessarily different than if he were writing for his peers or as an expert in classical history. This is a very normal thing. Non-initiates in any given field, in general, do not often appreciate exactly how knowledge in that field works, so when experts speak to outsiders, they sound somewhat different than when they speak as authorities or peers. Having said that, as I said before, that someone has an opinion does not automatically mean that their opinion is either false or inadmissible, especially if the person is an expert in the field in which he or she is having an opinion.

Ah yes... argument ad populum is a fallacy when majority of scholars concludes the book of Enoch was written well before book of Jude, But argument ad populum is not a fallacy when most christians believe only 66 books makes up the complete inspired words of God...
I love the double standards at play here.

Per the bolded, so sticking to the views of a professor via personal e-mails exchanged with inquirers is a more persuasive evidence than researched findings documented on various christian and religious encyclopedias out there? I'm really baffled.

Ihedinobi3:

3. Your accusations of me.
Have you looked up the word "travesty?" These are two definitions of it from the Cambridge dictionary online:

i) something that fails to represent the values and qualities that it is intended to represent, in a way that is shocking or offensive

ii) something that completely fails to do what it is intended or expected to do, and therefore seems ridiculous

I said that your accusation of me to have modified my post to Jamesid29 without warning was a travesty. I meant that it was a ridiculous accusation. Not only had I indicated that I edited the second post when I did days ago, but I never edited either post in any other way, much less in the manner that you described. You obviously didn't know what you were talking about, since the "Edited" tag had been there all along while you were making your accusations. I didn't bother to deny that I had modified the posts because you had not accused me of modifying them. You had accused me of modifying them without warning and also of modifying them in a way that I simply did not. As I said, I knew that you didn't know what you were talking about, so I simply waited for you to catch up.

Bros, abeg we all went to school here, stop twisting the obvious.

You clearly claimed I lied when I said you modified your posts to Jamesid29;

Ihedinobi3:

I'll list the lies in this post (and they're only a sampling in this conversation with you):
3. "I modified my posts to JamesId29." This one's a travesty.
https://www.nairaland.com/5450889/why-book-enoch-removed-bible/8#83327413

And same you now turned around to contradict yourself here.
Ihedinobi.3:

I never claimed not to modify my posts to JamesId29.
https://www.nairaland.com/5450889/why-book-enoch-removed-bible/9#83328261

Dude, keep on defending your lies here.

Ihedinobi3:

I didn't bother to deny that I had modified the posts because you had not accused me of modifying them. You had accused me of modifying them without warning and also of modifying them in a way that I simply did not.
^^^^
Just look at another blatant lie here, I asked you this simple question on more than one occasion. Did you modify your posts to Jamesid29? Yes or No?

OkCornel:

All this evasion tactics.
You clearly modified your posts to James29id in those links I pasted earlier. Initially those posts had next to nothing in them before you updated them.
Just as you modified the other post you referred me to.

It’s so shameful you’ve resorted to outright lies.
Simple question: Did you modify those posts to Jamesid2.9? Yes or No
Jamesid2.9, hope you’re taking note of this development.
https://www.nairaland.com/5450889/why-book-enoch-removed-bible/8#83326873

And I still insist, these two posts of yours to Jam.esid29 had next to nothing in them before you pasted a whole lot in there.
https://www.nairaland.com/5450889/why-book-enoch-removed-bible/3#83179902
https://www.nairaland.com/5450889/why-book-enoch-removed-bible/3#83179929

Ihedinobi3:

I wrote those two posts as one post on my Word app, then I copied and pasted it into one post that was too long, so it didn't get published on Nairaland. I broke the post in two and posted them one after the other with nothing else ever posted in the same text boxes before.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by budaatum: 10:19am On Oct 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Those that live in glasshouses shouldnt be throwing stones. No, I didnt quote you out of context ma'am, I just reminded you about your "blindness" and hearing/listening to yourself, thats all
You'd see that unlike you I solved my problem. Or did you not get that from what you quoted?

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by nijabazaar: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2019

Conclusion:
You asked the question, “Why isn’t this wonderful book included in the Bible?” The answer is that Jesus and the apostles never called it Scripture. It is important to note that a few early church fathers highly valued the book of Enoch, but they never referred to it as Scripture. Therefore, we cannot view it as authorative since it is not the Word of God.

Hmmmm. Thank you.

Hmmmm, again......thinking

I never envisaged this topic to be so divisive.

I am also struggling with my own conclusions too.
Chai.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 10:53am On Oct 22, 2019
budaatum:
You'd see that unlike you I solved my problem. Or did you not get that from what you quoted?
She thinks she has solved her problem. Smh.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 10:59am On Oct 22, 2019
nijabazaar:
Hmmmm. Thank you.

Hmmmm, again......thinking

I never envisaged this topic to be so divisive.

I am also struggling with my own conclusions too.
Chai.
People who want to know and admit the truth on the matter of the BoE not being an inspired God breath book and matter of fallen angels & angels, falsely being called sons of God are incredibly thin on the ground here on this thread or similar
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 11:49am On Oct 22, 2019
More common sense questions for those proposing the sons of God in Genesis were the male descendants of Seth;

Genesis 6 v 1-2;
1. And it came to pass,when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

1) Are the male descendants of Seth part of the men in verse 1 , or sons of God in verse 2 or both?
2) Were these male descendants of Seth (Enosh for example) not also part of the men on earth procreating too?
3) Where was the precise location of these sons of God whilst they were admiring the daughters of men? if indeed these sons of God were male descendants of Seth.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by gobuchinny: 12:55pm On Oct 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Refer to 2 Timothy 4:3 and Jude 1:18 coming next below

"For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, will multiply teachers for themselves because they have an itch to hear what they want to hear."
- 2 Timothy 4:3

"How they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts.
(i.e. whose purpose in life is to satisfy their ungodly desires)
"
- Jude 1:18

Bodydialect57 and gobuchinny, I have this sneaky feeling youse havent at all back to back read the BoE. I say this because first, gobuchinny never gave a response to my questions about him to please give me honest replies to each and every one of my questions I asked him in my previous post.

Number 2, if truly youse two have read the BoE, then youse would have noticed the gaping holes in the BoE, as opposed of thinking it is filling blanks and/or gaps.

gobuchinny, you seem not to want to acknowledge the God Factor in 300 men defeating men as much as the sand in the seashore. The God Factor in the virgin give birth to a man. The God Factor in how a sea divides for people. The God Factor in how the earth got flooded and only 8 survived

The book of Enoch speaks about the gospel? So? Even demons, workers of evil and workers of iniquity speak about the Gospel too gobuchinny. So whats the big deal, saying the BoE, speaks about the Gospel, hmm?

gobuchinny, you said, you're asking me again that, do I think God cannot preserve His words, but you refused to reply to my question that, if the BoE, is truly that revered and a book that commands respect and honour, why isnt it, even if its just once, not directly mentioned anywhere in the Bible. Others books, even the your beloved Book of Jasher, the original is mentioned, mentioned even at least twice, if I am correct, but high and mighty BoE is missing. BoE, seems to be an outcast. Nobody dared directly mention it with their lips, talkess let it be in a way that is visible to the eye, be seen written out in black ink on the Bible's white. This is an indictment, that at the very least, BoE is an accursed book

I am glad for you that you know the truth about RCC. My grouse at the moment isnt with the RCC, so that congratsto you, is all I'll here be saying about the RCC aside again saying here that, if only more christians properly read their bibles there'd be less christians.

gobuchinny, I would rather we stick to this BoE matter at hand, instead to wandering off talking about Israel, the fakery going on with Ashkenazi Jews and whatnot

gobuchinny, you said:
"Please nwannem, let's discuss the Book of Enoch. Tell me one thing in that book that you have an issue with...
Let's discuss your issues with the book. Pls quote it let's discuss. Because if you cant find any thing that contradicts the bible, y do you have an issue?
"

Well gobuchinny, guess what? I have countless times made comments about the ridiculousness of the BoE on this thread and elsewhere, but do you know what gobuchinny? You see up there, is a quote from solite3. solite3 has twice painstakingly provided an itemised listing of contradictions present in the Book of Enoch.

gobuchinny, be our guest, munch on away on those contradictions. You're spoiled for choice gobuchinny, which ones you want to first start sink your teeth into, lol. Happy days. lol.

Please jor, biko, my nwanne friend gobuchinny dont let the crew down, let's put this Book of Enoch to bed. At least make solite3 a happy person tonight before solite3 goes to bed too.

PS: I like that "see: Q: #289". Another strong meat that's too tough for some to gnaw their teeth on, lol.

Sorry I'm responding late. I have looked at all your submissions. Firstly I beleive Enoch spoke to his son after he had ascended. Methusaleh said that his dwelling was with the Angel's meaning he wasnt on earth. Enoch also said in the same conversation that he has read the heavenly tablets which shows he wasnt on earth. Y is this strange? Didnt Moses and Elijah appear to Jesus and speak to Him?.

Enoch spoke of rain when it hadn't rained. because it hadn't rain doesn't mean there was no rain grin. Or do you assume that rain was invented just because of the flood. Enoch saw in the spirits so he knew there was such a thing as rain.

An angel was in charge of repentance so replacing the role of Yeshua? That absurd. Angel's are ministering spirits and each has it's own role. How do you think the world is organized. It's like Angel's in charge of ensuring the sun passes its route or Angel's In charge of the souls of men. These r roles of several Angel's brother not in anyway taking the place of Christ. Iz like how a nation has different ministers to ensure progress. And everyone has their roles.

Bible says Noah built the ark, BOE says Angel's helped him build. How is that any different? Do you know that for everywar fought by Israel Angel's would have assisted? Weather it was mentioned or not we assume because Israel was fighting the battle of God. Sometime the bible even says God himself hurled stones. Elisah was surrounded on time and God opened the eyes of his servant to see the host present. If Gehazi never saw it does it mean Angel's were not available to help?

All these points you raised are non issues. I ask again. The devil never invests in what will not blaspheme Elohim. There is no blasphemy but only reinforcement of the gospel which is Yeshua. So if you accomplish the task of God, dont you know you obviously got some help from Angel's weather you saw them or not. Are they not ministering spirit sent to assist those that will inherit eternal life?

Unlike other books that point to another saviour no matter how much they acknowledge God or Yeshua, because the devil must point you away from God and His Son, the BOE points you to Yeshua.

About the temptation of eve, hope you know that Satan fell with alot Angel's. And any activity of these angels will be deemed as an activity of Satan. Besides, these book was translated into several languages and alotta details might have been lost but the idea is to get the general picture.

Why is it strange that a baby spoke at birth but not strange that a donkey spoke to his master grin. So this is not an issue atall brother.

Like I said. Everything you raised are non issues and only reinforces that the book is good to go. Please I'm not promoting any book as the bible is enough but for more understanding, the BOE fills in alotta gaps along side the BOJ.

You are wrong about it not quoted as Jude and Peter quoted verbatim from the book grin. Peter said Angel's that kept not their first estate shocked. Please what other proofs do you need. Abi the estate ma for Omole phase 1 shocked.

Please quote something else from it because I haven't seen anything yet from you that makes the book contradict the bible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 1:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
gobuchinny:

Sorry I'm responding late. I have looked at all your submissions. Firstly I beleive Enoch spoke to his son after he had ascended. Methusaleh said that his dwelling was with the Angel's meaning he wasnt on earth. Enoch also said in the same conversation that he has read the heavenly tablets which shows he wasnt on earth. Y is this strange? Didnt Moses and Elijah appear to Jesus and speak to Him?.

Enoch spoke of rain when it hadn't rained. because it hadn't rain doesn't mean there was no rain grin. Or do you assume that rain was invented just because of the flood. Enoch saw in the spirits so he knew there was such a thing as rain.

An angel was in charge of repentance so replacing the role of Yeshua? That absurd. Angel's are ministering spirits and each has it's own role. How do you think the world is organized. It's like Angel's in charge of ensuring the sun passes its route or Angel's In charge of the souls of men. These r roles of several Angel's brother not in anyway taking the place of Christ. Iz like how a nation has different ministers to ensure progress. And everyone has their roles.

Bible says Noah built the ark, BOE says Angel's helped him build. How is that any different? Do you know that for everywar fought by Israel Angel's would have assisted? Weather it was mentioned or not we assume because Israel was fighting the battle of God. Sometime the bible even says God himself hurled stones. Elisah was surrounded on time and God opened the eyes of his servant to see the host present. If Gehazi never saw it does it mean Angel's were not available to help?

All these points you raised are non issues. I ask again. The devil never invests in what will not blaspheme Elohim. There is no blasphemy but only reinforcement of the gospel which is Yeshua. So if you accomplish the task of God, dont you know you obviously got some help from Angel's weather you saw them or not. Are they not ministering spirit sent to assist those that will inherit eternal life?

Unlike other books that point to another saviour no matter how much they acknowledge God or Yeshua, because the devil must point you away from God and His Son, the BOE points you to Yeshua.

About the temptation of eve, hope you know that Satan fell with alot Angel's. And any activity of these angels will be deemed as an activity of Satan. Besides, these book was translated into several languages and alotta details might have been lost but the idea is to get the general picture.

Why is it strange that a baby spoke at birth but not strange that a donkey spoke to his master grin. So this is not an issue atall brother.

Like I said. Everything you raised are non issues and only reinforces that the book is good to go. Please I'm not promoting any book as the bible is enough but for more understanding, the BOE fills in alotta gaps along side the BOJ.

You are wrong about it not quoted as Jude and Peter quoted verbatim from the book grin. Peter said Angel's that kept not their first estate shocked. Please what other proofs do you need. Abeg the estate ma for Omole phase 1 shocked.

Please quote something else from it because I haven't seen anything yet from you that makes the book contradict the bible

Too much sense loaded in this post.

I’m still marvelled some people have deliberately played the ostrich as to why some of the early church fathers viewed the book of Enoch as valuable. Or why the book of Enoch was found alongside other scriptures in the Dead Sea scrolls. Or even how Josephus Flavius in his book - Antiquity of the Jews also confirmed the sons of God to be fallen angels as Enoch, Peter & Jude did.

Lol @ your question if the first estate was at Omole phase 1 cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2019
No Muttleylaff, l haven't laid my hands on BoE. My reference was to the BoJ which l am reading at the moment. It sure fills many blanks.
MuttleyLaff:

Refer to 2 Timothy 4:3 and Jude 1:18 coming next below

"For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, will multiply teachers for themselves because they have an itch to hear what they want to hear."
- 2 Timothy 4:3

"How they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts.
(i.e. whose purpose in life is to satisfy their ungodly desires)
"
- Jude 1:18

Bodydialect57 and gobuchinny, I have this sneaky feeling youse havent at all back to back read the BoE. I say this because first, gobuchinny never gave a response to my questions about him to please give me honest replies to each and every one of my questions I asked him in my previous post.

Number 2, if truly youse two have read the BoE, then youse would have noticed the gaping holes in the BoE, as opposed of thinking it is filling blanks and/or gaps.

gobuchinny, you seem not to want to acknowledge the God Factor in 300 men defeating men as much as the sand in the seashore. The God Factor in the virgin give birth to a man. The God Factor in how a sea divides for people. The God Factor in how the earth got flooded and only 8 survived

The book of Enoch speaks about the gospel? So? Even demons, workers of evil and workers of iniquity speak about the Gospel too gobuchinny. So whats the big deal, saying the BoE, speaks about the Gospel, hmm?

gobuchinny, you said, you're asking me again that, do I think God cannot preserve His words, but you refused to reply to my question that, if the BoE, is truly that revered and a book that commands respect and honour, why isnt it, even if its just once, not directly mentioned anywhere in the Bible. Others books, even the your beloved Book of Jasher, the original is mentioned, mentioned even at least twice, if I am correct, but high and mighty BoE is missing. BoE, seems to be an outcast. Nobody dared directly mention it with their lips, talkess let it be in a way that is visible to the eye, be seen written out in black ink on the Bible's white. This is an indictment, that at the very least, BoE is an accursed book

I am glad for you that you know the truth about RCC. My grouse at the moment isnt with the RCC, so that congratsto you, is all I'll here be saying about the RCC aside again saying here that, if only more christians properly read their bibles there'd be less christians.

gobuchinny, I would rather we stick to this BoE matter at hand, instead to wandering off talking about Israel, the fakery going on with Ashkenazi Jews and whatnot

gobuchinny, you said:
"Please nwannem, let's discuss the Book of Enoch. Tell me one thing in that book that you have an issue with...
Let's discuss your issues with the book. Pls quote it let's discuss. Because if you cant find any thing that contradicts the bible, y do you have an issue?
"

Well gobuchinny, guess what? I have countless times made comments about the ridiculousness of the BoE on this thread and elsewhere, but do you know what gobuchinny? You see up there, is a quote from solite3. solite3 has twice painstakingly provided an itemised listing of contradictions present in the Book of Enoch.

gobuchinny, be our guest, munch on away on those contradictions. You're spoiled for choice gobuchinny, which ones you want to first start sink your teeth into, lol. Happy days. lol.

Please jor, biko, my nwanne friend gobuchinny dont let the crew down, let's put this Book of Enoch to bed. At least make solite3 a happy person tonight before solite3 goes to bed too.

PS: I like that "see: Q: #289". Another strong meat that's too tough for some to gnaw their teeth on, lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by missjo(f): 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
OkCornel:

No probs dear.
cool
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by missjo(f): 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You will never find any verse in the Bible, that, in a clear, direct and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, saying fallen angels or said angels are sons of God. I dare you to come up with any verse(s) missjo and let me counter you and take you to the cleaners with them.lol.
Okay i have heard you.
Please let me read the comments here, I'm enjoying it (you too).
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 22, 2019
The Book of Enoch Debunked
Preface

The Book of Enoch is a very dangerous book, because it contradicts scripture, lies about the biblical cosmology, it declares hate for God's Temple and perverts God's mercy and plan of salvation.

The Book of Enoch claims to be written by Enoch (7th from Adam), but this is false. In fact, Enoch is a collection of several books, written over periods of time (300 BC - to - 100 AD) and written by multiple authors. This means the claim that Enoch wrote the book is nothing more than a fabrication, which is why it's labeled a "pseudepigrapha" (Written under a false name). This alone should raise red flags about the reliability of the book.

Most likely, the Book of Enoch was written by a rebellious sect of Judaism called the Essenes, or at least the Book of Enoch was considered sacred to the Essenes. The Essenes rejected the 2nd Temple that Yeshua (Jesus) worshiped in, denied the Jewish calendar that Yeshua (Jesus) followed, and did not follow the law of Moses in the same way Christ followed it when he walked the earth. The Essenes also abstained from eating meat, looked down on marriage, and avoided mingling with the rest of society. Essene beliefs were full of mysticism (angel worship, healing stones, potions, and elements of sun worship "Divine rays of light" ). They believed they were prisoners in their own body and looked down on the flesh as did many Gnostic groups. 1 It's suggested that Paul may have had to address Essene influence creeping in and perverting the church. 2

Yeshua (Jesus) showed no support for the Essenes beliefs and neither did the majority of ancient Judaism. Therefore, it needs to be asked, why would a believer in Yeshua (Jesus) follow the doctrines of the Essenes by reading their mythology in the Book of Enoch?

The information our ministry has compiled will point out the errors and biblical contradictions found in the 1 Enoch. This information should give you ample reasons to reject the Book of Enoch and heed the warning of the Apostle Paul to pay no attention to Jewish myths:

"...Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth." Titus 1:13-14

--------------------------------
1. Josephus, Flavius. "THE WARS OF THE JEWS." https://www.gutenberg.org/files/2850/2850-h/2850-h.htm#link22HCH0008.
Book II, Chapter 8.2-13. Josephus points out the many beliefs the Essene community held, which appear more pagan than Judeo-Christian.
2. Lightfoot, J.B. "ST PAUL’S EPISTLES TO THE COLOSSIANS AND TO PHILEMON." https://www.gutenberg.org/files/50857/50857-h/50857-h.htm#Page_158.
1875. In Chapter II, Lightfoot details Essene lifestyle and beliefs. The entire book shows how the Essenes could have been a negative influence on the early church, which Paul fought against.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2019
Copyright © 2016 All Rights Reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced, copied, framed, published, or distributed in whole or in part without the expressed written permission of the author or publisher. You may post links to this publication to help others find the information on this website.

Author/Publisher: Refuteit.com

Translations: Unless otherwise indicated all scriptures used in this publication will be from one of three biblical translations:
World English Bible (WEB)
Young’s Literal Translation (YLT)
King James Version of the Bible (KJV)

The Book of Enoch, by R.H. Charles, 1912 is the translation used in this publication.

Note: Within this publication we will use the proper Hebrew pronunciation of the Savior's name as known by the apostles, which is Yeshua, along side the common English translation of his name (Jesus).
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2019
What is the Book of Enoch?

Many think the Book of Enoch is just one book. However, the Book of Enoch is a collection of books written by multiple authors and during various time periods that extend from 300 BC to 100 AD. There is even evidence to suggest that within certain single books (chapters), there may also be significant gaps of time and multiple contributors (writers/editors). It is proven and very clear that the Book of Enoch is not the work of the pre-flood Enoch found in Genesis, as the Book of Enoch implies. Therefore, the Book of Enoch starts out lying to its reader.

How is the book divided?

The Book of Enoch is a collection of five separate books compiled to form one book (also known as 1 Enoch):
1st book: The Book of the Watchers (known as 1 Enoch chapters 1-36)
2nd book: The Book of Parables or the Similitudes of Enoch (known as 1 Enoch chapters 37-71)
3rd book: The Astronomical Book or Book of Luminaries (known as 1 Enoch chapters 72-82)
4th book: The Book of Dream Visions or Book of Dreams (known as 1 Enoch chapters 83-90)
5th book: The Epistle of Enoch (known as 1 Enoch 91-108)

What are the dates each book was written?

1st book: Book of Watchers – 300 to 150 BC
2nd book: The Book of Parables – 100 BC to 100 AD (some have suggested 3rd century AD. No copies have have been found in the Dead Sea Scrolls) 3
3rd book: The Astronomical Book – 200 BC
4th book: The Book of Dream Visions – 165 to 140 BC
5th book: The Epistle of Enoch – 200 BC to 100 AD

- The period the Book of Enoch was written was a period of time when many Jewish apocryphal books were written.

- The period also spanned the time of Greek to Roman influences in the Middle East and sandwiched in between is the Maccabean revolt and reign of the Hasmonean and Herodian dynasties in Israel.

- The period is when the mystical Jewish sect of the Essenes flourished, and the Pharisee sect also gained prominence with their re-interpretation of scriptures and added many religious rules to the word of God.

Therefore, we can see a lot of political conflicts, national identity issues, doctrinal divisions, and literary activity occurring in Israel during the period the various chapters in the Book of Enoch were written.

-----------------------------------------------
3. VanderKam, James C. "THE ENOCH LITERATURE." Luthern School of Theology at Chicago. http://fontes.lstc.edu/~rklein/Documents/enochlit.htm.
Introductory Points, A.2, Józef Tadeusz Milik, a well-known researcher of the Dead Sea Scrolls places the Book of Parables to the third century AD, which removes any claims the Book of Enoch was prophetic. This means the Book of Parables was written after the ministry of Jesus, which makes it an even greater fraud.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 22, 2019
What language is the book of Enoch written in?

The earliest full version of the Book of Enoch is only found in a 15th century Ethiopian “Ge'ez” language text.4 Ge'ez is a Semitic language that is used for liturgy in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, the Ethiopian Catholic Church and in the Ethiopian Jewish congregations.

Fragments in Aramaic, Greek, and Latin of the Book of Enoch have been found. Scholars generally believe the Book of Enoch may have been originally written in Aramaic or Greek and later translated into the Ethiopian Ge’ez language after the 3rd century AD. Aramaic portions of the Book of Enoch are among the Dead Sea scrolls, and the Dead Sea scroll version differs with portions of the Ethiopian Book of Enoch. As stated previously, the Book of Parables (1 Enoch 37-71), was completely missing from the Dead Sea Scroll version, which is the so-called "Son of Man," or "Messiah text. This should put the Ethiopian version in question since its text also shows numerous errors, modifications, and additions. Was the Book of Parables written by Jews, Gnostics, or the Ethiopian Church years after Jesus walked the earth? That is not only possible but very likely.

The fact that the Ethiopian church includes The Book of Enoch in their bible means very little because the Ethiopian church has a total of 81 books in their biblical canon. 5 In fact, the Ethiopian church also includes a book titled "The Book of Josephas the Son of Bengorion," (Josippon) in their bible, which is a 10th-century work believed to be based on the writings of Jewish historian Flavius Josephus.6 This just shows how the Ethiopian church showed little scrutiny when adding books to their biblical canon.

Tertullian was the only prominent early church father that advocated for the Book of Enoch to be included among the inspired canon of scripture. 7 However, he was not supported in his belief, since the majority of Christianity and Judaism of the time rejected the Book of Enoch and considered it uninspired. In fact, the Book of Jude was held to be suspicious because it was thought that the Book of Jude quoted from the Book of Enoch. 8 Tertullian only believed the Book of Enoch was legitimate scripture because he claimed the Book of Enoch was written by the Enoch of Genesis (Which we now know is incorrect). He believed it mentioned Yeshua (Jesus), and Tertullian had the belief that anything edifying was inspired by God.9 Therefore, we can see errors in his understanding and how easily he would adopt anything uplifting as inspired scripture. This makes Tertullian's opinion about the inspiration of the Book of Enoch invalid. 10

The first English translation of the Ethiopic manuscript was published in 1821 by Richard Laurence, followed by additional translations written by other authors who provided more accurate English text.

---------------------------------------------
4. https://eap.bl.uk/archive-file/EAP286-1-1-409. Many people think the Book of Enoch they are reading today was translated from an acient text but it's not.
5. "The Bible." ethiopianorthodox.org, The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church and Order, n.d. ​https://www.ethiopianorthodox.org/english/canonical/books.html
6. Donitz, Saskia. "Historipgraphy Among Byzantine Jews: The Case of Sefer Yosippon." academia.edu, Academia, 2012. https://www.academia.edu/5181725/_Historiography_among_Byzantine_Jews_the_Case_of_Sefer_Yosippon_in_R._Bonfil_et_al._Hg._Jews_in_Byzantium._Dialectics_of_Minority_and_Majority_Cultures_Leiden_2012_pp._953_970
7. Tertullian, On the Apparel of Women, Book I, Ch. III, reveals his misguided understanding of the Book of Enoch thinking it was originally written by Enoch himself and carried by Noah on the ark. Today, we know this understanding is false and can prove the dating of Enoch 1. Tertullian even admits the Book of Enoch was rejected.
8. Camerlynck, Achille. "Epistle of St. Jude." The Catholic Encyclopedia. Vol. 8. New York: Robert Appleton Company, 1910. 19
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 22, 2019
Does the Book of Enoch contradict the Bible?

Yes!! Listed below is a small portion of the many errors found in the Book of Enoch. Some of these errors are very dangerous doctrinal errors. If any Book of Enoch advocate reads these samples and has no problem with what the Book of Enoch teaches, then it's time for that person to check their spiritual walk.

1. The Book of Enoch Claims Fallen Angels Made A Deal On Mount Herman Before The Flood.

Echoch Chapter 6:4-6: "...'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And they were in all two hundred; who descended ⌈in the days⌉ of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it."

The Truth:

​The Book of Enoch claims fallen angels stood on a mountain before the flood occurred, (during the time of Jared Genesis 5:18-20), and they named the mountain, Mount Herman. However, the problem with this claim is that Mount Herman did not get its name before the flood. It would be impossible for a location to be named before the flood, and later identified with the same name post-flood. Even if the Book of Enoch came with a map and GPS coordinates, the location of a pre-flood landmark would be impossible to find because of the devastation of the earth's topography during the flood. Plus, the Bible shows how Mount Herman got its name, thus debunking the claim that Mount Herman was named by fallen angels pre-flood.

Post-flood, the mountain was known as Sirion and Shenir (Deuteronomy 3:8-9). However, post-flood Baal worshipers also named the mountain after their god "Baal-Herman" in association with their worship on the mountain (Judges 3:3, 1st Chronicles 5:23). The same thing occurs with "Mount Peor," which was associated with the Moabite god "Baal of Peor" (Numbers 25:1-5). Therefore, The Book of Enoch lies about pre-flood fallen angels naming Mount Herman/Baal-Herman. It was post-flood Baal worshipers that named Mount Herman, not fallen angels.

The Book of Enoch also claims pre-flood knowledge of Mount Sinai (Enoch 1:4), which is another impossibility and additional evidence that proves the Book of Enoch was not written by the real pre-flood Enoch of Genesis.

Also, it's unlikely Mount Herman and Mount Sinai existed before the flood because the entire earth was transformed during the flood. "The mountains rose, the valleys sank, unto the place which thou hadst founded for them; --Thou hast set a bound which they (the waters) may not pass over, that they turn not again to cover the earth." Psalm 104:8-9 Darby Translation.

"And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth." Genesis 6:13 KJV

"Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished." 2 Peter 3:6 (The world meaning people and the land according to Genesis 6:13).
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
2. The Book of Enoch Claims there were ​4,500 Foot Giants Born From Human Women

Enoch Chapter 7:2 “And they [human women] became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells:”

The Truth:

The ancient Ell was originally the same as a cubit, which is a measurement from elbow to fingertips (Approx. 18 inches or the Ancient Royal Egyptian Cubit 20.6 inches). Today an Ell is about 3.5 feet. So, if we go by the older, smaller, measurement of 18 inches, then 3,000 Ells are equal to 4,500 feet. If we used the Egyptian cubit, the giants would be much bigger.

The largest giant recorded in the Bible was King Og based on the size of his bed: “For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold, his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? Nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man.” (Deuteronomy 3:11 KJV)

According to this verse of scripture, the bed of King Og was 13.5 feet long. Therefore, some estimate King Og was about 9-11 feet tall. Giants in the scriptures are recorded to be around 9 to 11 feet in height. In no way do the scriptures ever support the possibility of a 4,500 or 450-foot giant that the Book of Enoch claims existed. Noah’s Ark was 300 cubits (450 feet) long, so according to the Book of Enoch, the world had giants that were ten times the size of Noah’s Ark.

Proof, the Book of Enoch, is bad fiction.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
3. The Book of Enoch Claims Women Became Mythical Creatures

Enoch Chapter 19:2 - "And the women also of the angels who went astray shall become sirens.”

The Truth:

The Book of Enoch states that the human women who married fallen angels and gave birth to the giants were transformed into Sirens (half-bird and half-human creatures). This proves the Book of Enoch promotes pagan mythology and attempts to introduce these mythologies into the biblical account of human history. In the Bible, you will never read about a human transforming into a mythical creature.

Also, it's important to point out that Sirens are creatures from Greek mythology, so it's impossible for the Book of Enoch to have been written before the Greek era. More evidence the real Enoch of Genesis did not create or write the Book of Enoch. The Book of Enoch is a post-Greek era creation pretending to be the work of a pre-flood patriarch. ​

It's amazing how people get duped by this book and hold it in high regard.

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 22, 2019
4. The Book of Enoch Claims All Sin in The World is From Azazel -- Not from Adam

Enoch Chapter 10:8 - "And the whole earth has been corrupted through the works taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin.”

The Truth:

The Book of Enoch attributes all sin in the world to Azazel, a fallen angel, but this is contrary to scriptures, which say all sin entered the world through Adam. Advocates for the Book of Enoch claim Azazel is Satan and that Satan introduced sin into the world. However, in the Book of Enoch, Azazel is not Satan because the Book of Enoch says Azazel was bound in chains and locked up until the day of judgment (Enoch 10:4-6), but the Bible says Satan is free to roam (1 Peter 5:8, Job 2:2). So, are we to believe the Bible that claims all sin came from Adam or are we to believe the Book of Enoch that claims a fallen angel (now locked up in chains) brought sin to the world?

“Therefore, as sin entered into the world through one man [Adam], and death through sin; and so death passed to all men, because all sinned.” (Romans 5:12 WEB) - Sin did not enter the world through Satan or Azazel. Trust the Bible and throw out anything that contradicts the Bible.

“For since death came by man, the resurrection of the dead also came by man. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.”
​(1 Corinthians 15:21-22 WEB)

The Bible is the standard of truth and the Book of Enoch contridicts that truth.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2019
5. The Book of Enoch Claims Archangels Made Humanity Righteous and Not Jesus

Enoch 10:20-21- Prior to the flood, God told Michael the Archangel to: “Cleanse thou the earth from all godlessness: and all the uncleanness that is wrought upon the earth destroy from off the earth. And all the children of men shall become righteous and all nations shall offer adoration and shall praise me, and all shall worship me. And the earth shall be cleansed from defilement, and from all sin, and from all punishment, and from all torment…”

Enoch 40:9-10- "And he said to me: 'This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.' And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices I heard in those days."

The Truth:

Enoch 10:20-21 and 40:9-10 are false teachings that contradicts scripture. Genesis 6:5 states, "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." After the Ark settled on dry land, we see that God made the same assessment of mankind: "for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth." Genesis 8:21. So what changed? Mankind had a sinful nature before the flood and also after the flood. Therefore, the statement in Enoch 10:20-21 about Michael the Archangel cleansing the earth of all godlessness, and all the children of men becoming righteous, the earth being cleansed from defilement, and from all sin is not only a false doctrine, but also a lie. The earth did not become righteous or cleansed from all sin.

This is why Daniel prophesied of the coming Messiah (Jesus), who would put an end to sin, make reconciliation for iniquity, and bring in everlasting righteousness. "Seventy weeks are decreed upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy." (Daniel 9:24)

Angels cannot be the source of salvation, nor can they rule over or mediate repentance and eternal life. If angels could make men righteous or cleanse the earth from sin, then there would have been no need for Yeshua (Jesus) to die on the cross. The Bible makes it clear that there is only one way to salvation and righteousness, and that way is only through Yeshua (Jesus).

“There is salvation in none other, for neither any other name under heaven, that is given among men, by which we must be saved!” (Acts 4:12 WEB)

“For there is one God, and one mediator of God and of men, the man Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 2:5 WEB)

“For all the fullness was pleased to dwell in him; and through him to reconcile all things to himself, by him, whether things on earth, or things in the heavens, having made peace through the blood of his cross. You, being in past times alienated and enemies in your mind in your evil works, yet now he has reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and without blemish and blameless before him.” (Colossians 1:19-22 WEB)

The teachings in the Book of Enoch glorify angels, but the Bible glorifies Christ.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2019
6. Book of Enoch Claims Heavenly Children Will Become One with the Children of Men

Enoch Chapter 39:1 “And it shall come to pass in those days that elect and holy children will descend from the high heaven, and their seed [Children] will become one with the children of men.”

The Truth:

This passage is saying the elect will come down from heaven in the last days with their “seed” (children), and the children of the elect (from heaven) will become one with the children of men on earth. There is no scriptural support or prophetic word about this ever occurring in the future, nor is there any mention found in the Bible of the holy elect having children in heaven.

The Book of Enoch creates extra doctrines that are not supported by the broad context of the Bible.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 22, 2019
7. The Book of Enoch Claims Sinners Will Be Evicted from the Mansions of Heaven

Enoch Chapter 41:2 – Written 100 BC to 200 AD.“And there I saw the mansions of the elect and the mansions of the holy, and mine eyes saw there all sinners being driven from thence which deny the name of the Lord of Spirits, and being dragged off: and they could not abide because of the punishment which proceeds from the Lord of Spirits.”

The Truth:

Yeshua (Jesus) said: “In the house of my Father are many mansions; and if not, I would have told you; I go on to prepare a place for you.” (John 14:2 YLT) and other scriptures point to a future city God built for the saved:

“For he (Abraham) looked for the city which has the foundations, whose builder and maker is God.” (Hebrews 11:10 WEB)

“For we have not here an abiding city, but the coming one we seek.” (Hebrews 13:14 YLT)

Nowhere in the scriptures do we see sinners dwelling in, around, or near the heavenly mansions of the saved and being evicted from these dwellings.

The Book of Enoch contradicts scripture and teaches fables.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2019
8. The Book of Enoch Claims God Requires The Blood of The Righteous.

“And the hearts of the holy were filled with joy; because the number of the righteous had been offered, and the prayer of the righteous had been heard, and the blood of the righteous [has] been required before the Lord of Spirits.” Enoch Chapter 47:4

The Truth:

The Book of Enoch implies the blood of Yeshua (Jesus) was not sufficient for the Father and that God wants more blood shed. This teaching is blasphemy.

“…We have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all…but he, when he had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God…for by one offering he has perfected forever those who are being sanctified…For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins.” (Hebrews 10:10, 12, 14 and 26 WEB) This means Yeshua is the final offering and there is no other required.

The Book of Enoch clearly states that “the blood of the righteous [has] been REQUIRED before the Lord of Spirits.” The blood of Yeshua (Jesus) is the only offering the Father required once and for all. “…Christ also suffered for sins ONCE, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring you to God, being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit.” (1 Peter 3:18 WEB)

The book of Enoch is introducing a doctrine that is counter to the word of God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Minority Party Will Be Lifted Up In Nigeria – TB Joshua / Help! My Pastor Hates Me! / Leke Adeboye: I Listen To Fela’s Music A Lot - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 229
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.