Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? (24666 Views)

Who Is God? Enoch, The Book Of Enoch & The Anunnaki's / Book Of Enoch Reveals So Much. It's So Unbelievable! / The Book Of Enoch Exposed!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 8:28am On Oct 14, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Talk to the hand angry angry angry

MuttleyLaff:
Smh. angry angry angry
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by missjo(f): 7:37am On Oct 15, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I appreciate what you said about the giants being descendants of Anak and not Nephilim. I must apologize for not acknowledging that earlier, but sometimes, I am just being efficient in my responses, so I don't address or acknowledge everything in a given post or comment.

I don't really know that the Anakites came from Ham. I don't see that in the Bible just yet, but I do know that the Philistines came from Ham through Mizraim, and Goliath and his brothers were all Philistines.

As for giants existing after the Flood, that was what I meant by "abnormally sized human beings." The Rephaim including Og of Bashan were giants just like Goliath, but like you said, they were not Nephilim. The Nephilim were not giants. They were angelic hybrids, that's all. My comment was concerned with your speculation that the Nephilim strain was preserved through members of Noah's family. That is not true. Nothing Nephilic survived the Flood.

As for Ham, I did think that he was the middle child too, but Genesis 9:24 seems to me to settle the matter, unless it was a matter of translation. I will try to confirm about that, but in two of the best translations I know, the verse calls him the youngest.
Here is something i just came across regarding this. Tell me what you think, it's new to me especially the Canaan part.

http://www.blackhistoryinthebible.com/the-hamites/ham-the-father-of-africans/
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by missjo(f): 7:44am On Oct 15, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

"Now I am claiming as my own sons these two boys of yours, Ephraim and Manasseh, who were born here in the land of Egypt before I arrived.
They will be my sons, just as Reuben and Simeon are.
"
- Genesis 48:5

The misunderstanding comes from connecting and joining the wrong dots, hence getting an outlined wrong picture. The explanation regarding this is, it is Canaan in that narrative that is referred to as the youngest in Genesis 9:24. I am sure Genesis 48:5 above, will help in getting an understanding of this

missjojo and Ihedinobi3 dont be in the habit of reading bible verses in isolation or just by themselves. Read contextually up on to the "interested-in" verse, and the surrounding after the "interested-in" verse in order to get a proper handle and way of understanding what is really going on in the narrative.
Yes i am beginning to see this, hence the link i posted. Thank you
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 7:46am On Oct 15, 2019
missjo:
Here is something i just came across regarding this. Tell me what you think, it's new to me especially the Canaan part.

MuttleyLaff:
"We even saw the Nephilim there—the descendants of Anak that come from the Nephilim!
We seemed like grasshoppers in our own sight, and we must have seemed the same to them!”
"
- Numbers 13:33

missjojo, the bible verse Numbers 13:33 above disagrees with you that the giants after the flood were not Nephilim. Numbers 13:33 even has it saying in black and white that, the descendants of Anak that come from the Nephilim. Now if you had earlier sussed out that the Nephilim gene survived through being dormant in one of the wives of Noah's son, then by deductive reasoning and knowing how good you are at this, we know who this son is, wink, wink

Goliath was abnormally sized and so a giant

Nephilim, Rephaim, Anakims and other terms are names that giants are/were known as and interchangeably used to describe them. The Nephilims and/or Rephaims and whatnot, definitely werent angel hybrids stock (i.e. they certainly weren't part-angel part human at all)

"Now I am claiming as my own sons these two boys of yours, Ephraim and Manasseh, who were born here in the land of Egypt before I arrived.
"

The misunderstanding comes from connecting and joining the wrong dots, hence getting an outlined wrong picture. The explanation regarding this is, it is Canaan in that narrative that is referred to as the youngest in Genesis 9:24. I am sure Genesis 48:5 above, will help in getting an understanding of this

missjojo and Ihedinobi3 dont be in the habit of reading bible verses in isolation or just by themselves. Read contextually up on to the "interested-in" verse, and the surrounding after the "interested-in" verse in order to get a proper handle and way of understanding what is really going on in the narrative.
Noah is a righteous man, now you woudnt expect him to unrighteously curse Ham, if it was Canaan who did the deed, would you now missjojo, hmm?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by missjo(f): 8:27am On Oct 15, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Noah is a righteous man, now you woudnt expect him to unrighteously curse Ham, if it was Canaan who did the deed, would you now missjojo, hmm?
Lol, I am still looking into it. 'Younger son' could very well mean it was Canaan being referred to and not Ham.
After all the verse did say, cursed be Canaan and not cursed be Ham.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 8:42am On Oct 15, 2019
missjo:
Lol, I am still looking into it. 'Younger son' could very well mean it was Canaan being referred to and not Ham.
After all the verse did say, cursed be Canaan and not cursed be Ham.
"

The misunderstanding comes from connecting and joining the wrong dots, hence getting an outlined wrong picture. The explanation regarding this is, it is Canaan in that narrative that is referred to as the youngest in Genesis 9:24. I am sure Genesis 48:5 above, will help in getting an understanding of this. It gives a precedence of a patriarch claiming his son's son as his (i.e. the younger)
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by missjo(f): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"

The misunderstanding comes from connecting and joining the wrong dots, hence getting an outlined wrong picture. The explanation regarding this is, it is Canaan in that narrative that is referred to as the youngest in Genesis 9:24. I am sure Genesis 48:5 above, will help in getting an understanding of this. It gives a precedence of a patriarch claiming his son's son as his (i.e. the younger)
Thanks for this muttley
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ihedinobi3: 12:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
missjo:

I have a few things to say both about the link and about Bible interpretation in general:

1. About the link, it is of very little value. It does excellently in showing that what happened did not involve sex of any kind, as some crazy people like to claim. Ham only saw his father naked and thought it was something funny to talk about. That brought a very specific prophetic curse on his own son, not directly on himself, although we must be aware that there is such a thing as "cursing by association" as much as there is "blessing by association," the first of which is exemplified by God's cursing of the earth in association with Adam's disobedience and the other of which is exemplified by His blessing of the world in association with Abraham's obedience. Another example is God's killing of David's first son by Bathsheba for David's double sin of adultery and murder. We may consider such things as unjust of God, but we are not qualified to judge God. However, it is clear that it is still judgment upon the sinner when God strikes something that is dear or necessary to them - the earth, in the case of Adam, and David's child, in David's case. So, the curse that came upon Canaan was still punishment for Ham. Additionally, although Canaan was an infant at the time, the Lord knew that the sort of thing that his father Ham did would come to characterize him and his own descendants, which is why eventually God destroyed all Canaanites. Compare God's rejection of Esau ("Jacob have I loved, Esau have I hated" ) in this matter.

The rest of the article focuses on issues of race. That is really of no value whatsoever. It is true that some misguided people take the curse on Ham's son to mean that God cursed all Africans. That is obviously false, since the curse was specifically meant for Canaan and his descendants. That is another thing that the article got right, but as for who was black and who wasn't, that was a waste of print in the article.

Still, the article got the important things right. It only subsumed those important things in a rather useless context.

2. About general interpretation, I have suggested before to you that the right thing to do is to stick with what the Bible actually says. It is always a bad idea to extrapolate, especially when you can't pin your extrapolations to anything actually written in the Bible. So, for example, you don't pretend, as someone with no respect for the Bible would, and has right here, that when the Bible says that Noah discovered what his youngest son had done to him, that it must mean Canaan. Obviously, Canaan was not even Noah's son, much less, his youngest. Additionally, the word was "youngest," not "younger." Even more importantly, it couldn't have referred to an infant, especially when the Bible had been talking about the adult Ham up to that point. That is all treating the Bible very disrespectfully. The Bible says what it says and means what it means. You can take it or leave it, you may not change it to suit your own whims, however noble they may seem to you.

3. Not everyone who handles the Bible and talks about it has any right whatsoever to teach it. Many people who aren't even believers pretend to the authority to interpret the Bible. Sometimes, they are even ridiculously vehement about their supposed authority. It would be incredibly foolish to pay such people any mind. Then there are those who may be believers but who are woefully immature because they have never taken the time to learn the Bible from a gifted and prepared Bible teacher, yet such people presume to teach the Bible to others. Timothy was warned by Paul not to give teaching authority to such people (1 Timothy 3:6). Such people often carry a wild mixture of truths and falsehoods that leave their listeners blowing in the wind with no firm foundation under their feet.

I have listened to both kinds of people in my past, and I have been the latter too. I assure you that it is an incredibly bad idea to listen to such teachers. It endangers your salvation, if you are saved at all. If you are not, it almost certainly makes your ever being saved impossible.

4. All I can do is offer these helps, warnings, and corrections, if you are even open to them. I cannot protect you from your own choices. It is entirely up to you what you choose to believe and do with yourself. As I said, I will keep praying for you, and I will also continue to take every opportunity available to me to help you come into the Truth, if you are at all open to my help. But that's all I can do.

Grace be with you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by jamesid29(m): 2:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I have a few things to say both about the link and about Bible interpretation in general:

1. About the link, it is of very little value. It does excellently in showing that what happened did not involve sex of any kind, as some crazy people like to claim. Ham only saw his father naked and thought it was something funny to talk about. That brought a very specific prophetic curse on his own son, not directly on himself, although we must be aware that there is such a thing as "cursing by association" as much as there is "blessing by association," the first of which is exemplified by God's cursing of the earth in association with Adam's disobedience and the other of which is exemplified by His blessing of the world in association with Abraham's obedience. Another example is God's killing of David's first son by Bathsheba for David's double sin of adultery and murder. We may consider such things as unjust of God, but we are not qualified to judge God. However, it is clear that it is still judgment upon the sinner when God strikes something that is dear or necessary to them - the earth, in the case of Adam, and David's child, in David's case.
These are very wrong connections to make

The rest of the article focuses on issues of race. That is really of no value whatsoever. It is true that some misguided people take the curse on Ham's son to mean that God cursed all Africans. That is obviously false, since the curse was specifically meant for Canaan and his descendants. That is another thing that the article got right, but as for who was black and who wasn't, that was a waste of print in the article.
As a follower of Jesus, this is a wrong statement to make. You might not have gone through the hardship of being treated as less than human because of the color of your skin but many brothers and sisters have had to live with this reality. How do you think someone who has been taught from a very young age that they are under a curse from the God for something they cannot change feel and what type of relationship do you think such a person would have with God. The bible teaches us that love is the greatest commandment we have from God and one of the hallmarks of love is empathy. Empathy has to do with putting yourself in others shoes and understanding their pain . The race angle of the article might not be of importance to you but it definitely is ,for a whole lot of people and if all the article was able to achieve was to lighten the load some people are carry due to false teaching, then it's of immense value. It would have been better not to say anything than to trivialize the burdens others are carrying.
Just to be clear I only speak of that one article as I have read no other article on the site and know nothing about it.

About general interpretation, I have suggested before to you that the right thing to do is to stick with what the Bible actually says. It is always a bad idea to extrapolate, especially when you can't pin your extrapolations to anything actually written in the Bible.
It's always a good idea to be cautious when taking the moral high ground because we might be guilty of the same things we point at.

On this thread, you talked about how the nephilim didn't survive the flood and the spies in Numbers 13 we're just lying. That's quite a plausible opinion and quite a popular one but the problem is that's not what the text says. The actual word "nephilim" was used only twice In the entire hebrew bible and both times don't support your opinion without you adding things to the text that it doesn't have.

1)The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.
Genesis 6:4 ESV
Remember the Genesis account was written after the flood, so the part "and also afterwards" lends to the fact that the nephilims somehow appeared after the flood.

2)And there we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak, who come from the Nephilim), and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them."
Numbers 13:33 ESV
°Note that the word here is "saw" and there is nowhere in the entire scriptures bible that says the spies were lying about what they saw out of fear and we find no passage where Moses, Joshua or Caleb called out the spies for lying about the nephilim as surely it would have been news to them if they believed the nephilim were extinct.

°Again note that the author of Numbers links the the sons of Anak to the nephilim, letting us the reader know how they came to be(This is partially where the thinking of nephilims as gaints come from and this thinking goes all the way back to second temple period and even the septuigent renders the word as giants. It is not a 21st century idea as lot of people tend to think).

So from reading the text in any language, there's no way of saying the the spies simple lied without adding words into the scriptures.

You also talked about how Noah's family was saved because of Noah's righteousness and purity of their origins but that is also adding things to the scriptures.
The bible only says was righteousness and blameless man and he found grace in the eyes of God. The bible doesn't talk about the purity of Noah's wife, his sons and his daughter in-laws. Again that's adding things to the scriptures.

But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord . These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation. Noah walked with God.
Genesis 6:8‭-‬9 ESV

Then the Lord said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and all your household, for I have seen that you are righteous before me in this generation.
Genesis 7:1 ESV

We all have to be cautious and mindful as we run this race. Enjoy the rest of your day sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ihedinobi3: 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2019
jamesid29:

I'm quite sure that you are free to reject any interpretation as you please. On the other hand, I'm quite confident that the connections are correct.

jamesid29:
As a follower of Jesus, this is a wrong statement to make. You might not have gone through the hardship of being treated as less than human because of the color of your skin but many brothers and sisters have had to live with this reality. How do you think someone who has been taught from a very young age that they are under a curse from the God for something they cannot change feel and what type of relationship do you think such a person would have with God. The bible teaches us that love is the greatest commandment we have from God and one of the hallmarks of love is empathy. Empathy has to do with putting yourself in others shoes and understanding their pain . The race angle of the article might not be of importance to you but it definitely is ,for a whole lot of people and if all the article was able to achieve was to lighten the load some people are carry due to false teaching, then it's of immense value. It would have been better not to say anything than to trivialize the burdens others are carrying.
Just to be clear I only speak of that one article as I have read no other article on the site and know nothing about it.
A man once asked the Lord Jesus to prevail upon his brother to share the inheritance with him. Your argument here would make the Lord Jesus's response out to have been insensitive and uncaring about any injustice - if there turned out to be any - in that situation. But that cannot be true, can it? Our Lord died for the sins of all the world. He can hardly be accused of insensitivity and injustice. His Answer in that situation is mine here. I do not use the Bible to solve social problems. If the Bible does not attend to race, neither will I. Nothing about Genesis 9 is concerned with race, so neither am I here.

That does not mean either that God approves of racism or that I do. It just means that I do not put words in God's Mouth. My job as a pastor-teacher is to teach the Bible as is, without any presumption on what it should say.

jamesid29:
It's always a good idea to be cautious when taking the moral high ground because we might be guilty of the same things we point at.
I couldn't agree more.

jamesid29:
On this thread, you talked about how the nephilim didn't survive the flood and the spies in Numbers 13 we're just lying. That's quite a plausible opinion and quite a popular one but the problem is that's not what the text says.

The actual word "nephilim" was used only twice In the entire hebrew bible and both times don't support your opinion without you adding things to the text that it doesn't have.

1)The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.
Genesis 6:4 ESV
Remember the Genesis account was written after the flood, so the part "and also afterwards" lends to the fact that the nephilims somehow appeared after the flood.

2)And there we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak, who come from the Nephilim), and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them."
°Note that the word here is "saw" and there is nowhere in the entire scriptures bible that says the spies were lying about what they saw out of fear and we find no passage where Moses, Joshua or Caleb called out the spies for lying about the nephilim as surely it would have been news to them if they believed the nephilim were extinct.

°Again note that the author of Numbers links the the sons of Anak to the nephilim, letting us the reader know how they came to be(This is partially where the thinking of nephilims as gaints come from and this thinking goes all the way back to second temple period and even the septuigent renders the word as giants. It is not a 21st century idea as lot of people tend to think).

So from reading the text in any language, there's no way of saying the the spies simple lied without adding words into the scriptures.
As you know, it matters very little to me what anybody chooses to believe. It is entirely your prerogative to believe whatever you want. My job is to teach the Truth, or at least, what I have come to believe to be true.

Now, since you appeal to the text (and I rejoice in such an appeal), clearly Genesis 6:4 does not say "and also after the Flood." As you yourself quoted, it only says, "and also afterwards." It is then a matter of interpretation what the frame of reference is. In this case, it is your interpretation that Moses meant after the Flood. The text says nothing of the sort. How then can you be sure that you are right? You claim to derive your certainty from when Genesis was written, but I don't see why the text doesn't say that the Nephilim were in the earth "to this day," for example, as it says in many other cases in the Bible. After all, Moses was writing Genesis about the same time that the spies were checking out Canaan.

Furthermore, why then did the Lord flood the world? If it was merely for human wickedness, what was the point since human beings have never not been wicked. In fact, just a century after the Flood, the whole world was building the Tower of Babel in their bid to stamp out faith from the human race. Ham's behavior right after the Flood is proof that he was not very like his own father in righteousness, yet he was saved from the Flood. What then was the point of flooding the Earth if it was not to destroy the Nephilim?

As for Numbers 13:33, the Bible is a faithful record of history, but why must it be held responsible for what the people it records as saying anything actually say? I mean, why must we treat something as true when somebody is recorded as saying it in the Bible? When Satan claimed to the Lord Jesus that if He threw Himself off of the Pinnacle of the Temple that angels would catch Him, should we also assume it to be true? The spies were cowards and they did not want to go to war. They saw large people in Canaan that terrified them. All this is true. But why should we assume that they were telling the truth that the people that they saw were Nephilim when we have the story of the Flood to tell us that there were no more Nephilim after the Flood?

The Bible is One Story, although it is told in bits and pieces in several books. There is a coherence to it all. For example, we are told by Peter and Jude that the angels that were involved in the madness of Noah's time were chained and locked up in dark dungeons in the Abyss. Considering that we were also told through the story of the Legion that the Lord cast out of the mad men in the Gadarenes that angels don't like the Abyss, we can assume that rebel angels wouldn't be in a hurry to repeat the business of the Nephilim unless it was a desperate gambit. So, we would fully expect that there would be no new Nephilim so soon after the Flood. The covenant that the Lord made with Noah and his descendants also made it abundantly clear that anything that challenged human free will and attempted to cut short the full time of human testing would be dealt with most decisively by Him, so we know from that too that Satan and his angels would be careful about trying to produce human beings with an unyielding bent toward evil. In light of all this, it is more than clear that the spies were lying. There were no Nephilim in Canaan because there couldn't have been Nephilim in Canaan.

As for Joshua's, Caleb's, and Moses's silence on the matter, that is a lot like assuming that because I don't respond to every lie on this board, I must agree with them. Obviously, that is ridiculous. Sometimes, the circumstances suggest that it is a bad idea to challenge a lie straight on. Some lies are so ridiculous and yet so popular that it is best to just leave those who embrace them to their own devices. As we see in that account, Joshua and Caleb were almost stoned for even claiming that the Lord could help them beat the giants - something that later proved to be true. If that was the case, a history lesson would have done them even less good.

No, the author of Numbers did not link the Anakim to Nephilim at all. Again, that is your own interpretation, and although it may be true as easily as it may be false, it is obvious too that this is merely what the spies actually said.

Of course, the idea that the Nephilim were giants is not a 21st century idea. It was what the Septuagint brought about, as you said. When the translation used the word "gigantes" to describe the Nephilim, the idea had been to compare them to a very well-known Greek concept of their day. That was what the KJV translated willy-nilly with very little accommodation to the difference in the realities and cultures of the King James period. At the time of the Septuagint, the word would have been understood to refer to the greatness of the Nephilim, to their god-like abilities, but not necessarily to their physical size or appearance. In fact, the Greeks of that time had an incredibly different physical conception of giants than we do, so if they conceptualized the Nephilim as giants, believe me, it would make them ridiculous to us, not least because the Giants of Greek mythology were very large and had hundreds of hands.

In fact, the Bible only teaches that the Nephilim were remarkable human beings, with incredible superhuman abilities. That does explain why the Flood was so severe and lasted so long on the earth. They were pretty hardy, very difficult to kill. You can see that too in the account of the Antichrist who survives a fatal injury (but then, you probably don't see the Tribulation and Second Advent as actual events, do you?) and recovers so fully as to still go to war to avenge himself.

jamesid29:
You also talked about how Noah's family was saved because of Noah's righteousness and purity of their origins but that is also adding things to the scriptures.
The bible only says was righteousness and blameless man and he found grace in the eyes of God. The bible doesn't talk about the purity of Noah's wife, his sons and his daughter in-laws. Again that's adding things to the scriptures.

But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord . These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation. Noah walked with God.

Then the Lord said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and all your household, for I have seen that you are righteous before me in this generation.

We all have to be cautious and mindful as we run this race. Enjoy the rest of your day sir.
I obviously did not claim that Noah's wife, sons, and sons' wives were necessarily of the same moral character as himself. I only said that they too were purely human just as he was. It is true that the Bible testifies to both Noah's righteousness and to his full humanity, and that it says nothing about his family, but it is not "adding things to the Scriptures," because if his family had been Nephilim, they would not have gone into the Ark with him - they were all adults, after all, and one can see that they could have acted just as Lot's family later did. Also, because Noah was righteous, he would not have married a Nephiyl, assuming there were any female Nephilim. Could his sons' wives have been Nephilim? Indeed, but if they were, they too would not have got in the Ark with them. Why would they not have? Because the Nephilim were inveterate rebels against God (Genesis 6:5), so they would never have accepted His Mercy in the form of that Ark.

You are exactly right that we have to be cautious and mindful as we run this race. I've been trying to be like that my whole life. I'm not without failure in this and other regard, but I certainly have put in the effort. I don't envy other people their own experiences and journeys, and I don't pretend to be anyone's judge. But I am never going to be shy either of standing for the Bible or of protecting any believer who will accept my protection, not even if my doing so makes me look arrogant to other people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by jamesid29(m): 3:30am On Oct 16, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

A man once asked the Lord Jesus to prevail upon his brother to share the inheritance with him. Your argument here would make the Lord Jesus's response out to have been insensitive and uncaring about any injustice - .
I think you should reread Luke 12:13-15 again and you would see what I pointed out and what Jesus was teaching are two different things.

If the Bible does not attend to race, neither will I. Nothing about Genesis 9 is concerned with race, so neither am I here
I think You are missing the point I was making.
Over the ages, people have used the bible as a weapon to dehumanize their fellow human being and here comes an article that tries to set some of the records straight, but just because it's not an issue you can relate with, you conclude its of no value and a waste of ink. Like I said in my previous post, if you can't empathize with the people going through racial subjugation, it would have been better to have not said anything, rather than make light of other peoples struggles.

I do not use the Bible to solve social problems
Yes, the bible is not some ethics manual or a rule book on societal problems but if you hold the position that the bible and the God of the bible are not concerned about the widows and the orphans, the poor and the marginalized, the segregated and the ones the society has left behind, then I'm not sure we are reading the same bible.

Now, since you appeal to the text (and I rejoice in such an appeal), clearly Genesis 6:4 does not say "and also after the Flood." As you yourself quoted, it only says, "and also afterwards." It is then a matter of interpretation what the frame of reference is. In this case, it is your interpretation that Moses meant after the Flood. The text says nothing of the sort. How then can you be sure that you are right? You claim to derive your certainty from when Genesis was written, but I don't see why the text doesn't say that the Nephilim were in the earth "to this day," for example, as it says in many other cases in the Bible. After all, Moses was writing Genesis about the same time that the spies were checking out Canaan

First off sir, I do not claim to have certainty over the interpretation of the text, as the text gives very little details and has been the subject of quite a lot of debates over the centuries. My point was, we should be cautious when taking the moral high ground as we can be guilty of the same things we point at. I was showing you how u also moved away from what the bible actually says to adding things that are purely opinions.
Secondly your statement of Moses writing Genesis at the same time the spies were checking out Canaan is not factual as no one knows when Moses penned down the Genesis account. All we have are opinions and speculations.
Finally,may I know your interpretation of when the "and also afterwards" part of the text could be referring to?

Furthermore, why then did the Lord flood the world? If it was merely for human wickedness, what was the point since human beings have never not been wicked. In fact, just a century after the Flood, the whole world was building the Tower of Babel in their bid to stamp out faith from the human race. Ham's behavior right after the Flood is proof that he was not very like his own father in righteousness, yet he was saved from the Flood. What then was the point of flooding the Earth if it was not to destroy the Nephilim
?

Again what does the text actually say?

The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. So the Lord said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them." But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord . These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation. Noah walked with God. Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight, and the earth was filled with violence. And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh, for the earth is filled with violence through them. Behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
Genesis 6:5‭-‬9‭, ‬11‭, ‬13 ESV

There is no doubt the nephilim were part of the problem but what the text focuses on is, the wickedness of man and nowhere does it say it was mainly because of the nephilim the Lord flooded the earth. The text says it was because of the wickedness of man. Of course you are free to say the level of wickedness was enormous because of the nephilim but that's just opinions as the text doesn't say that.

As for Numbers 13:33, the Bible is a faithful record of history, but why must it be held responsible for what the people it records as saying anything actually say? I mean, why must we treat something as true when somebody is recorded as saying it in the Bible? When Satan claimed to the Lord Jesus that if He threw Himself off of the Pinnacle of the Temple that angels would catch Him, should we also assume it to be true? The spies were cowards and they did not want to go to war. They saw large people in Canaan that terrified them. All this is true. But why should we assume that they were telling the truth that the people that they saw were Nephilim when we have the story of the Flood to tell us that there were no more Nephilim after the Flood
Why should we also assume they were lying? Going that route is actually adding something to the text that cannot be backed up by scripture. Secondly where in the Bible does it say there were no more nephilim after the flood?

Thirdly in the case of our Lord Jesus, the bible clearly states that the devil came to tempt him. The definition of a temptation is:the wish to do or have something that you know you should not do or have. In this case the bible does give us context, so u can't compare Numbers 13:33 to the temptation of Jesus.

The covenant that the Lord made with Noah and his descendants also made it abundantly clear that anything that challenged human free will and attempted to cut short the full time of human testing would be dealt with most decisively by Him
There's nothing in the Lord's convenant with Noah that has to do with humanities free will and the nephilim. I hope you do not think that capital punishment was instituted because of the nephilim as that would be a very huge stretching of the text.

In light of all this, it is more than clear that the spies were lying. There were no Nephilim in Canaan because there couldn't have been Nephilim in Canaan
Again this is making alot of assumptions and extrapolating your own opinions into the text.

As for Joshua's, Caleb's, and Moses's silence on the matter, that is a lot like assuming that because I don't respond to every lie on this board, I must agree with them.
Again I brought this up as a means of asking you how u were infering from the text that the spies were lying. If you can't infer it from Moses ,Caleb or Joshua that were in the story, then from which later prophet or new testament author can you say pointed back to this passage to show that the spies were
indeed lying about seeing the nephilim. If all you can say is the spies must be lying because there's no way the nephilim strain survived ,but can't back it up scripturally, then that's basically making statements the text is not making and adding your own opinions to the text.
There's nothing wrong with having opinions and we can definitely engage others with our opinions to see if they holdup to scrutiny, but in this case, you're actually swimming against what the text actually says or can even be inferred just to hold on to idea you've already preconceived to be true.

No, the author of Numbers did not link the Anakim to Nephilim at all. Again, that is your own interpretation, and although it may be true as easily as it may be false, it is obvious too that this is merely what the spies actually said
I believe the bible begs to differ, except you have a bible translation that renders the text differently. I also believe you have enough bible knowledge under your belt to recognize when there's a break in the story for the insertion of the authors note, so let's not even go that route.
And there we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak, who come from the Nephilim), and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them."

Let's stop here as my aim is not to try pick apart everything wrote but I do hope you get the gist of what I was trying to convey. We are all learning and no matter how much you know, there's still a lot more out there to learn and unlearn.
As for the race part: I believe these 2 quotes embody what I was trying to convey
its more important to live the scriptures than have outstanding knowledge of the scriptures.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
1 Corinthians 13:1‭-‬8 ESV

As your last statement implied, we are all human and not without our own faults so hopefully when you also see me not to be living the scriptures, i hope u let me know.

Have a blessed Wednesday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 6:53am On Oct 16, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

1. About the link, it is of very little value. It does excellently in showing that what happened did not involve sex of any kind, as some crazy people like to claim. Ham only saw his father näked and thought it was something funny to talk about.
I dont see or read in the text that Ham thought it was something funny to talk about seeing his dad näked? Instead I read that Ham didnt cover up his dad, but he went to tell his brothers, period. There was nothing about funniness, about Ham finding it amusing or him laughing about it to his brothers anything said in that text. Again, it was just that he should have immediately covered his old man up before go looking for the "calvary" to tell them what's up

Ihedinobi3:
That brought a very specific prophetic curse on his own son, not directly on himself
"The person who sins is the one who will die. The child will not be punished for the parent’s sins, and the parent will not be punished for the child’s sins. Righteous people will be rewarded for their own righteous behavior, and wicked people will be punished for their own wickedness."
- Ezekiel 18:20

"That brought a very specific prophetic curse on his own son, not directly on himself" is not in line with Ezekiel 18:20 above

It was the guilty person, Canaan, who was rightfully got pronouced a curse upon. It was Canaan who directly got cursed by Noah because Noah knew what Canaan, and not Ham, had done to him. What exactly did Canaan do to his grandfather? We'll leave that Q&A hanging in the air, lol, hmm. Suffice to say, Canaan was showing the tendencies of his future descendants, the Canaanites, lol. The Canaanites certainly inherited their predisposition from Canaan

Ihedinobi3:
although we must be aware that there is such a thing as "cursing by association" as much as there is "blessing by association," the first of which is exemplified by God's cursing of the earth in association with Adam's disobedience and the other of which is exemplified by His blessing of the world in association with Abraham's obedience.
The scripture, in Genesis 3:17, said, God told Adam that the ground will be under a curse because of what he, Adam did. What exactly did Adam do, warranting that the ground be under a curse? We'll leave that Q&A hanging in the air too, lol, hmm.

Just like to Adam's disobedience opened the door for ills to plague our world, Abraham's Genesis 22:18 et al obedience opened another door for the same ills to be countered and so we have the process and prophetic of Genesis 3:15, beginning to gradually develop

Ihedinobi3:
Another example is God's killing of David's first son by Bathsheba for David's double sin of adultery and murder. We may consider such things as unjust of God, but we are not qualified to judge God. However, it is clear that it is still judgment upon the sinner when God strikes something that is dear or necessary to them - the earth, in the case of Adam, and David's child, in David's case. So, the curse that came upon Canaan was still punishment for Ham. Additionally, although Canaan was an infant at the time, the Lord knew that the sort of thing that his father Ham did would come to characterize him and his own descendants, which is why eventually God destroyed all Canaanites. Compare God's rejection of Esau ("Jacob have I loved, Esau have I hated" ) in this matter.
4Then Saul said to his armor-bearer, “Draw your sword and run it through me, or these uncircumcised men will come and run me through and torture me!”
But his armor-bearer was terrified and refused to do it. So Saul took his own sword and fell on it.
5When his armor-bearer saw that Saul was dead, he too fell on his own sword and died with him.
6So Saul, his three sons, his armor-bearer, and all his men died together that same day.

1 Samuel 31:4-6

13So Saul died for his unfaithfulness to the LORD, because he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance,
14and he failed to inquire of the LORD. So the LORD put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse.

- 1 Chronicles 10:13-14

Why do you say God killed David's first son Ihedinobi3 when it is obvious the kid died because he was sick? Compare 1 Samuel 31:4-6 and 1 Chronicles 10:13-14 concerning King Saul's death

Ihedinobi3:
So, the curse that came upon Canaan was still punishment for Ham. Additionally, although Canaan was an infant at the time, the Lord knew that the sort of thing that his father Ham did would come to characterize him and his own descendants, which is why eventually God destroyed all Canaanites. Compare God's rejection of Esau ("Jacob have I loved, Esau have I hated" ) in this matter.
I am seeing a regular pattern forming in your submissions. I see you habitually taking the freedom to depart from logical deductive reasoning(s) and the facts of a matter to giving in to scarcely credible and fanciful over-imaginative guesswork. Take for example Ihedinobi3, I dont see nor read the text saying Canaan was an infant at time of that recorded Noah being näked incident

Ihedinobi3:

Still, the article got the important things right. It only subsumed those important things in a rather useless context.
I am totally and unequivocally in agreement with you on this

Ihedinobi3:
2. About general interpretation, I have suggested before to you that the right thing to do is to stick with what the Bible actually says. It is always a bad idea to extrapolate, especially when you can't pin your extrapolations to anything actually written in the Bible. So, for example, you don't pretend, as someone with no respect for the Bible would, and has right here, that when the Bible says that Noah discovered what his youngest son had done to him, that it must mean Canaan. Obviously, Canaan was not even Noah's son, much less, his youngest. Additionally, the word was "youngest," not "younger." Even more importantly, it couldn't have referred to an infant, especially when the Bible had been talking about the adult Ham up to that point. That is all treating the Bible very disrespectfully. The Bible says what it says and means what it means. You can take it or leave it, you may not change it to suit your own whims, however noble they may seem to you.
I dont know about extrapolations, but I do know about Proverbs 25:2 stating that: "It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out" and so implies that deductive reasoning used to reach logical true conclusions are permitted

Now, fyi Ihedinobi3, the word used in Genesis 9:24 is "his son" and then to qualify it more, further used "younger" after it. Noah, claimed Canaan as his son, the same and similar way, Jacob claimed Joseph's two sons to be his

Ihedinobi3:
3. Not everyone who handles the Bible and talks about it has any right whatsoever to teach it. Many people who aren't even believers pretend to the authority to interpret the Bible. Sometimes, they are even ridiculously vehement about their supposed authority. It would be incredibly foolish to pay such people any mind. Then there are those who may be believers but who are woefully immature because they have never taken the time to learn the Bible from a gifted and prepared Bible teacher, yet such people presume to teach the Bible to others. Timothy was warned by Paul not to give teaching authority to such people (1 Timothy 3:6). Such people often carry a wild mixture of truths and falsehoods that leave their listeners blowing in the wind with no firm foundation under their feet.

I have listened to both kinds of people in my past, and I have been the latter too. I assure you that it is an incredibly bad idea to listen to such teachers. It endangers your salvation, if you are saved at all. If you are not, it almost certainly makes your ever being saved impossible.
I have always maintained that if a crooked stick is put on the ground before you, you need not explain how crooked it is. Go search and come back to lay a straight one down, by the side of it, and the work is well done. Do just that and error will stand abashed from seeing how crooked and twisting your "truth" lies

Ihedinobi3:
4. All I can do is offer these helps, warnings, and corrections, if you are even open to them. I cannot protect you from your own choices. It is entirely up to you what you choose to believe and do with yourself. As I said, I will keep praying for you, and I will also continue to take every opportunity available to me to help you come into the Truth, if you are at all open to my help. But that's all I can do.

Grace be with you.
Every stick has two ends. Unfortunately some of us, as opposed the right end, grab the wrong end of the stick and so end up not understanding a situation(s) correctly

jamesid29:
I am totally and unequivocally in agreement with you on this, that what Ihedinobi3 has, are absolutely wrong connections to make, and I've already above being countering a few of them as I can time possibly do.

Ihedinobi3:
I'm quite sure that you are free to reject any interpretation as you please. On the other hand, I'm quite confident that the connections are correct.
I am sure you are quite confident that the connections are correct. It is well.

jamesid29:

Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation, as in, was righteous before God in that generation because it was only him, Noah, who did not take the daughters of men as wife. Fyi, a generation is a span of 40 years

Ihedinobi3:
I obviously did not claim that Noah's wife, sons, and sons' wives were necessarily of the same moral character as himself. I only said that they too were purely human just as he was. It is true that the Bible testifies to both Noah's righteousness and to his full humanity, and that it says nothing about his family, but it is not "adding things to the Scriptures," because if his family had been Nephilim, they would not have gone into the Ark with him - they were all adults, after all, and one can see that they could have acted just as Lot's family later did. Also, because Noah was righteous, he would not have married a Nephiyl, assuming there were any female Nephilim. Could his sons' wives have been Nephilim? Indeed, but if they were, they too would not have got in the Ark with them. Why would they not have? Because the Nephilim were inveterate rebels against God (Genesis 6:5), so they would never have accepted His Mercy in the form of that Ark.

You are exactly right that we have to be cautious and mindful as we run this race. I've been trying to be like that my whole life. I'm not without failure in this and other regard, but I certainly have put in the effort. I don't envy other people their own experiences and journeys, and I don't pretend to be anyone's judge. But I am never going to be shy either of standing for the Bible or of protecting any believer who will accept my protection, not even if my doing so makes me look arrogant to other people.
Everyone including the Nephilims were given the opportunity to save themselves from the about to happen destruction. God allowed Noah to warn everyone by preaching for 120 years. I would say, God is fair here. None of Noah's sons and their wives were forced to enter the ark, they each were sensible enough to do, if the Nephilim were too, they would have been allowed also into the ark. Its as simple as that
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by missjo(f): 6:59am On Oct 16, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

1. About the link, it is of very little value. It does excellently in showing that what happened did not involve sex of any kind, as some crazy people like to claim. Ham only saw his father naked and thought it was something funny to talk about. That brought a very specific prophetic curse on his own son, not directly on himself, although we must be aware that there is such a thing as "cursing by association" as much as there is "blessing by association," the first of which is exemplified by God's cursing of the earth in association with Adam's disobedience and the other of which is exemplified by His blessing of the world in association with Abraham's obedience. Another example is God's killing of David's first son by Bathsheba for David's double sin of adultery and murder. We may consider such things as unjust of God, but we are not qualified to judge God. However, it is clear that it is still judgment upon the sinner when God strikes something that is dear or necessary to them - the earth, in the case of Adam, and David's child, in David's case. So, the curse that came upon Canaan was still punishment for Ham. Additionally, although Canaan was an infant at the time, the Lord knew that the sort of thing that his father Ham did would come to characterize him and his own descendants, which is why eventually God destroyed all Canaanites. Compare God's rejection of Esau ("Jacob have I loved, Esau have I hated" ) in this matter.

Grace be with you.
Of course i am open to your corrections, help, and warnings. I've always appreciated them.

Thank you
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ihedinobi3: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2019
jamesid29:

I think you should reread Luke 12:13-15 again and you would see what I pointed out and what Jesus was teaching are two different things.

I think You are missing the point I was making.
Over the ages, people have used the bible as a weapon to dehumanize their fellow human being and here comes an article that tries to set some of the records straight, but just because it's not an issue you can relate with, you conclude its of no value and a waste of ink. Like I said in my previous post, if you can't empathize with the people going through racial subjugation, it would have been better to have not said anything, rather than make light of other peoples struggles.

Yes, the bible is not some ethics manual or a rule book on societal problems but if you hold the position that the bible and the God of the bible are not concerned about the widows and the orphans, the poor and the marginalized, the segregated and the ones the society has left behind, then I'm not sure we are reading the same bible.

First off sir, I do not claim to have certainty over the interpretation of the text, as the text gives very little details and has been the subject of quite a lot of debates over the centuries. My point was, we should be cautious when taking the moral high ground as we can be guilty of the same things we point at. I was showing you how u also moved away from what the bible actually says to adding things that are purely opinions.
Secondly your statement of Moses writing Genesis at the same time the spies were checking out Canaan is not factual as no one knows when Moses penned down the Genesis account. All we have are opinions and speculations.
Finally,may I know your interpretation of when the "and also afterwards" part of the text could be referring to?

?

Again what does the text actually say?

The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. So the Lord said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them." But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord . These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation. Noah walked with God. Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight, and the earth was filled with violence. And God said to Noah, "I have determined to make an end of all flesh, for the earth is filled with violence through them. Behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
Genesis 6:5‭-‬9‭, ‬11‭, ‬13 ESV

There is no doubt the nephilim were part of the problem but what the text focuses on is, the wickedness of man and nowhere does it say it was mainly because of the nephilim the Lord flooded the earth. The text says it was because of the wickedness of man. Of course you are free to say the level of wickedness was enormous because of the nephilim but that's just opinions as the text doesn't say that.

Why should we also assume they were lying? Going that route is actually adding something to the text that cannot be backed up by scripture. Secondly where in the Bible does it say there were no more nephilim after the flood?

Thirdly in the case of our Lord Jesus, the bible clearly states that the devil came to tempt him. The definition of a temptation is:the wish to do or have something that you know you should not do or have. In this case the bible does give us context, so u can't compare Numbers 13:33 to the temptation of Jesus.

There's nothing in the Lord's convenant with Noah that has to do with humanities free will and the nephilim. I hope you do not think that capital punishment was instituted because of the nephilim as that would be a very huge stretching of the text.

Again this is making alot of assumptions and extrapolating your own opinions into the text.

Again I brought this up as a means of asking you how u were infering from the text that the spies were lying. If you can't infer it from Moses ,Caleb or Joshua that were in the story, then from which later prophet or new testament author can you say pointed back to this passage to show that the spies were
indeed lying about seeing the nephilim. If all you can say is the spies must be lying because there's no way the nephilim strain survived ,but can't back it up scripturally, then that's basically making statements the text is not making and adding your own opinions to the text.
There's nothing wrong with having opinions and we can definitely engage others with our opinions to see if they holdup to scrutiny, but in this case, you're actually swimming against what the text actually says or can even be inferred just to hold on to idea you've already preconceived to be true.

I believe the bible begs to differ, except you have a bible translation that renders the text differently. I also believe you have enough bible knowledge under your belt to recognize when there's a break in the story for the insertion of the authors note, so let's not even go that route.
And there we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak, who come from the Nephilim), and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them."

Let's stop here as my aim is not to try pick apart everything wrote but I do hope you get the gist of what I was trying to convey. We are all learning and no matter how much you know, there's still a lot more out there to learn and unlearn.
As for the race part: I believe these 2 quotes embody what I was trying to convey
its more important to live the scriptures than have outstanding knowledge of the scriptures.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
1 Corinthians 13:1‭-‬8 ESV

As your last statement implied, we are all human and not without our own faults so hopefully when you also see me not to be living the scriptures, i hope u let me know.

Have a blessed Wednesday.
Hello James.

When you say that you do not claim to have certainty over interpretation of the text, I think that that is obviously untrue. Clearly, you consider yourself enough of an authority to see through my own unfounded pretence to authority. Or else why are you working so hard to show that I am wrong about everything that I have said here? Can one do so without believing that they can be certain of some understanding of the text? Of course not.

As I have told you, the business of pastor-teaching is to interpret the Bible. That often involves bringing to light inferences in the Bible that aren’t apparent to those without the gift. So, when you claim that something is not in the text – an authoritative statement to make too – are you reading all the text and appreciating what they mean? Or are you deliberately turning a blind eye to things that you don’t want to see because you want to show how nobody is any more of an authority for interpreting the Scriptures than yourself? Is that perhaps why you prefer to “take apart” everything I say instead of bothering to actually explain what the Bible teaches – which you actually do while offering caveats to prevent anyone holding you accountable for what you say? It is easy enough to be a challenger, especially when you believe it is arrogant to stand up for something, but whether or not we are doing our bit to help others grow and be established in the Truth in order to please the Lord is what matters. The Lord will bring it all to light and reward us individually according to the work of our hands.

As for Luke 12:13-15, it is not I who need to read it again. I know precisely what I said and why I said it. The question is why you think it does not apply to your argument. I can’t answer that question for you. As far as I see, both things – the man’s complaint and yours – are the same. If you think that they are not and you consider it spiritually useful for me – and anyone else who may be reading our exchanges – to appreciate the difference, the onus is on you to demonstrate the difference. That, after all, is what ministry is about: making the Truth clear to those who can benefit from hearing it.

As for race, believe me, I am not missing the point at all. I told you that Satan has been attacking the Truth for a long time. It is entirely his job description to do so, but it is not mine or any pastor-teacher's to do the same. Just because people abuse the Bible in one way is no reason for me to abuse it in another. That is pretty ludicrous. Yes, there are always wicked men who think that they can twist the Scriptures to say whatever they want to uphold their evil intentions as righteous, but then when we decide to stand against their wickedness by putting words in the Bible's mouth, it is hard to see how we are not being just like them. As I told you, the business of pastor-teaching is to interpret the Bible, not to tell it what it needs to say in order to solve social problems. If human beings twisted it to approve racism, that is no call for me to twist it to disapprove of it. If I teach the Bible clearly enough, I have no doubt that anyone who submits to its authority will quit their racism or come to appreciate the evil of racism without my forcing things into the Bible. That is just how the Bible works. It is the reason that I jealously guard what the Bible actually says against whatever emotional concerns society at large is running itself ragged over.

Furthermore, I am puzzled how you can in one breath agree that the Bible is not some ethics manual and then in another claim that it is concerned with ethical issues. Do you not see the contradiction in that? The Bible is certainly concerned with the good of humankind, but that is not the same as that we may use it to solve social problems as if it were the tool for that. The Bible is God's Truth. If we learn God's Truth, it will straighten out our own individual ethics. If we pretend to take hold of God’s Truth as if it were a screwdriver or spanner to fix the faults of social ethics, we are going to find out very quickly that it does not yield itself readily to such abuse. Consider that even from the Old Testament, it is at least not very clear (it is, in fact, abundantly clear, but not readily so to the ungifted and untrained eye) that God disapproves of slavery, and in spite of the great revelations of the New Testament we don’t see the Apostles and other writers of the New Testament campaigning against it. Rather we see Paul telling believers that if they are slaves that they shouldn’t get worried about it, but rather if they are able to get out of it, they should. That is a far cry from campaigning against slavery, even if it is still clear that this is not a condition of life that God necessarily approves of.

For what it is worth, I will explain the dynamics to you: this world is the devil’s world for now. As John taught and the Lord Jesus confirmed, it lies in the wicked one. As such, its systems and processes are very much within the devil’s policies. Apart from the kindness of God in His interferring to provide all humankind with all that we need to live and make our choices about Him, and apart from His protection and defence of those who choose for Him in this world, everything around us is run by Satan. He, in league with the sin nature of human beings, created this wild system of corruption that has worked out in all the social ills that plague us. Those things will never be removed on a global scale until the Lord Jesus returns to destroy Satan’s rule over the world. For now, what matters is the individual position we eacg take in these matters in response to God’s Truth. So, while it is easily clear that God does not approve of racism, you will not see that the Bible lends itself to social justice for the eradication of racism in human communities. That is why I will not pretend that it does. If you want to go on a social justice campaign, by all means, do so. If you pretend that Genesis 9 claims that Ham and his descendants were black, I will oppose you to anyone who is willing to listen to me about what the Bible says. It really is that simple. I won’t endorse your lie just because you think that the nobility of your cause makes it acceptable.

As for when Moses wrote the Pentateuch, I think that you are playing the ostrich. Moses could only have written those works during the Exodus. When else could he have written them?

As for my interpretation of Genesis 6, believe me, I've wasted plenty of time and energy on that on this platform answering that. You haven’t proved to be a more desirable reason for any further expenditure of time and energy on it. Clearly, I am no pastor-teacher in your eyes, and that is just fine for me, but why then would I bother to give you more reason to exercise yourself over my lack of authority to explain the Bible? I have not seen any effort on your part to defend your own interpretations, which I was given to understand demonstrated the failures in mine. To what end then would I be giving you more of what you reject for no clear reason?

Please see next post for continuation.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ihedinobi3: 8:29am On Oct 16, 2019
jamesid29:

About what the text says, I couldn’t agree more that the Nephilim were obviously part of the problem. The disparity in our views is clearly how much a part. You consider “man” in the text to not necessarily refer to the Nephilim alone, and that is good from where I stand, but you disregard a few things in doing so. The Nephilim were man, just like pure human beings were man too. They may have been brought about by the agency of rebel angels, but the Bible does not treat them like they were not human beings. So when the Scriptures say that the wickedness of man was great, there was no other way that they could have put it in order to point out that the Nephilim were the problem. In fact, the way that they did in order to make clear that it was the Nephilim was to point out the unrepentance that was so pronounced in that wickedness it spoke of in verse 4. Human beings can be pretty hard-hearted in our wickedness, but we tend to retain the ability to repent as long as we are alive, which is why even the vilest unbeliever can still turn around even at the end of a long and wild career of sin to trust in the Lord and be saved (witness Manasseh king of Judah as an example here). The Nephilim, on the other hand, did not seem to have any capacity to repent. As you quote, “every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” That is not typical of pure humans. If it were, there would be no point in leaving us alive. We can change. We can repent. But the Nephilim either could not or simply would not, no matter what, both of which amount to the same thing. That was why the Lord destroyed them.

I'll bet you'll ask me to find a passage that says verbatim, “the Nephilim could not or would not repent no matter what, both of which amount to the same thing” too. That would be about as serious as your other demands. Interpretation means restating what is said in more understandable and relatable form, without violating the sense of what is said. That is what I have done here. In other words, the text does say that the Nephilim were the problem, only you couldn’t (probably still can’t) see that that is what it says. If you call it my opinion, that won’t change it for all that. It is still what it says.

As for the spies, I am absolutely certain that I did not say that we should assume that they were lying. I asked you why we should assume that they were telling the Truth as you were claiming that they were. I have already demonstrated that they were actually lying. There is no assumption on my part in the matter, and I have not advised such a thing either. I am certain that they were lying, and I have shown you how they were. Again, if you claim that the Scripture does not say that they were, that too is an interpretation of yours. Is it a correct one? Or do you suppose that you are right because it was you who said it? Regarding your question about the existence of the Nephilim after the Flood, I have already explained that. If you don’t accept my explanation, that is fine by me. You’re under no obligation to, not unless you wish to accept my “foot-washing.”

As for Satan’s tempting of the Lord, you mean to tell me that you can interpret his words as unreliable, not because the Bible states explicitly that they are, but because it says that his intent was to tempt the Lord? Why, of course, you’re right. Now, why do you not apply the same thing to the spies? The ten spies were looking to discourage God’s Assembly from going to war in Canaan per God's Own Desire of them. In other words, as your definition goes, they were wishing to do or have something that they knew that they should not do or have, namely to avoid going to war. Why then do you assume their excuses to be more reliable here than Satan’s later was? Obviously, by your own words, the spies had to have been lying. But I don’t expect you to accept that any more than anything else that you have already rejected so far.

As for Genesis 8:21-9:17, why, you’re the boss. I can hardly dare to contradict you. If you say that the text has nothing to do with free will and the Nephilim, it must be so, must it not? I don’t think you agree with that statement just now, do you? Genesis 8:21-9:17 guaranteed that humanity would never again be brought near to extinction, just like it had been with the Flood. That had been Satan’s goal with the Nephilim. Until that time, Satan kept working to murder all the human race. His first attempt had been to get Adam and Eve to disobey God, so that He would kill them. God didn’t, however. Rather, He preserved them for Redemption, something that Satan had not anticipated. Next, Cain killed Abel, the unrighteous murdering the righteous. Instead of starting a trend of wanton killing and vengeance, however, the Lord exerted a punishment that discouraged murder in the extreme, so until, as we see later in Genesis 6, the Nephilim brought about a time of incredible violence, murder was not the norm. So, his new plan was to introduce a new kind of humanity that had no interest in the Truth and would not repent, even given an opportunity. That was what the Nephilim was. If human beings were corrupted to the point that they simply would never accept redemption, then there was no reason for humanity to exist, therefore, the Lord would destroy them. That was what Satan did with the Nephilim. After the Flood, the Lord guaranteed to Noah and all of his descendants including us today that that sort of thing would never happen again. We are never going to be corrupted so much that we can no longer be saved. That was the point of promising that there would never again be an extinction-level event brought against man.

As for guaranteeing the sanctity of human life, apart from the horror of the violence of the Nephilim, that also addressed the fact that God would guard every individual's right to make their choice about Him. That, after all, is what life on this Earth is about. In protecting human life with that law and with all the provision that He guaranteed to us, He was preserving human free will from any new extreme attacks. He proved His Commitment to keeping this Word in the soon-to-occur Tower of Babel debacle.

Again, what you choose to believe is entirely yours to believe. I never offer my answers expecting them to be accepted. So, while I’m happy to defend them, don’t expect me to make you like or accept them. I have neither responsibility nor ability to do so.

As for making assumptions and extrapolating from the text, as I said, you’re the boss. If you say so, it must be true.

As for Moses, Joshua, and Caleb, not only earlier in this response, but in other responses, I have already shown why and how the spies were lying. If you insist that you will only accept the words of Moses, Joshua, and Caleb, then it is you who know why the Bible must say so in order to prove that the spies were lying. As I said, I work with the Bible as is. I don’t work with what it doesn’t say. If it says elsewhere that the Nephilim didn’t exist anymore after the Flood, then I don’t need Moses, Joshua, and Caleb to say that the ten spies were lying before I'll believe it. In verse 32, however, the Bible does say that they gave a “bad (or evil) report” of the land. In fact, Numbers 13:33 is the only place that this claim about the Nephilim is made. In every other reference, whether it was Moses (Deuteronomy 1:18-36), Caleb (Joshua 14:6-9), or Amos (Amos 2:9) recalling the issue, none of them claimed that there were Nephilim in the land. They only spoke of the stature of the inhabitants of the land, that is, that they were giants. I don’t expect that to convince you any more than anything I have said, but it does demonstrate how heavy the evidence is against what you prefer to believe.

No, I didn’t say, and I am not saying that the spies must have lied. I said and am saying that they lied. There were no Nephilim. They made that up to scare Israel and avoid going to war. As I told you, the Nephilim were very hard to kill. Legends of them were still around at the time. In fact, they are at the root of even our conceptions today of superhuman human beings. Nobody would have been happy to go to war with them. So it was a most effective lie to use against an already-reluctant army.

Of course, you would say that there is nothing wrong with having opinions. Isn’t that why you've spent so much energy to try to show that my interpretation of the Bible is not authoritative at all? No one can claim the right to interpret the Bible, according to you, because we all equally have opinions. That is precisely why there is so little spiritual maturity in the Laodicean Church. Since we all are equal, nobody is willing to have their feet washed by anybody else or to wash anybody else’s feet. That is pretty insane. I have not shared my own private opinions. I have given authoritative interpretations of the Bible. You will not be able to fault them, however hard you try, but that does not mean that you will have no choice but to accept them. You have a free will. You can accept and reject anything you please. Whether it is sensible to accept something or reject it will not be in doubt, but nobody can force you to accept or reject anything you don’t want to accept or reject. So, your rejection of what I say is not going to make it false. Your claim that it is “swimming against what the text actually says or can even be inferred just to hold on to idea [I've] already preconceived to be true” is not going to become true just because you said it. The Truth is the Truth. The Bible says what it says. The Bible means what it means. I have no apologies for standing with it and interpreting it as I have. I am perfectly convinced that my interpretation is correct. I neither require you to hold the same view as I do nor expect you to. But that does not mean that I will endorse your position if I consider it in conflict with the Bible, just for the sake of “peace,” falsely so called.

As for the insertion of an author's note, I believe you believe wrong. As I said, there are other places in the Bible where this incident is referenced, at least one of which was also authored by Moses. In none of them is the Nephilim mentioned, so even if I did not know that there was no author's note in that verse, I would not be so quick to agree with you, especially in light of Genesis 6-9. It would be foolishness on my part. Why the parentheses, however? I don’t think there is a principle anywhere that states that parentheses must be an author’s or reporter’s insertion in the speech that they are reporting. Nonetheless, even if we assume that there was some device in the Hebrew that corresponded to the parentheses, you can look at this link - https://biblehub.com/numbers/13-33.htm - for an assortment of translations to see if other translators necessarily think as you do, and that is even assuming that the ESV translators considered the parentheses as Moses’s commentary. I don’t think that your opinion was necessarily shared by them. That is all academic, however, since the Bible is its own witness, and I don’t see it confirming your position at all.

As for what your aim is, it was very disheartening to see your challenge. I realize that my attitude to the people you considered authorities when we first conversed may have rubbed you wrong; that was why I took so much trouble to connect with you outside of this madhouse, if perhaps I could soothe the hurt somehow. I took the trouble to look even more closely at them, so that I would correct any wrong notion that I had entertained about them. I felt that I had judged them too quickly. And I tried to give them their due wherever they deserved it, but apparently, the damage was already done, because here you are expending effort to prove to me that I'm not better than anyone else. I'm afraid I see nothing in your efforts here that suggests that you are not “[trying] to pick apart everything [I] wrote.” I'm not so naïve as to believe something like that. Considering how you create contradictions of this sort in your denial-confirmation systems, perhaps you actually believe that you are not.

I love all of God’s people, although I don’t necessarily trust them all or like them all. Many of us are actively attacking their own brothers and hobbling them, although they think that they are doing something good, just as you are. I can’t help that some of us are like that, but I certainly can avoid being like that myself. That is why I am zealous for the Truth. I choose the Truth over and above every emotional consideration, over and above every idea and philosophy, and over and above every person. That way I can serve everybody to their benefit, even when they will not accept my service.

You think that I am pretending to know more than everyone else? You think I revel in being better at interpreting the Bible than anyone else? You think there is some pride to be had by speaking authoritatively about what the Bible says? That is unfortunate. I wish that all the Lord's children are teachers! I am doing this because for some reason it has pleased the Lord to give me the gift that I have. I am responsible to Him. That is something that matters deeply to me. You certainly have the right to believe that nobody knows enough to claim the right to teach. That is entirely your prerogative, but you are not the Lord, so I am not beholden to you. I am not responsible to agree with you on that or anything else. I happen to be convinced that the Bible's Truth can be known, that I have been taught it, and that I possess the gift and the readiness to teach it to the degree that I am. That you disagree is merely unfortunate. It does not make these things any less true.

As for 1 Corinthians 13, it is yet another proof that you don’t know the Bible as well as you seem to want to claim with your energetic chastisement of me. Clearly, you cannot live what you don’t understand. Clearly too, we cannot love if we do not know what love is. Finally, Paul obviously was warning the Corinthians that angling after dramatic spiritual gifts like speaking in tongues was folly if they did not understand that spiritual gifts are given so that we can use them to build each other up in the Truth, that is, they are not for show. I teach the Bible, James. I don't do it for show. I’m not a celebrity here by any means. I make no money from my activities here, and I certainly make very few friends. Many who start out liking me end up trying to bend me to their whims and not liking me very much for their failure. Being here costs me in my personal life. As I told you, it’s not a pleasant place to work, nor is it a place I hope to stay around forever. This post has taken almost three hours to type up, and it cost energy too. I don’t often do that anymore, but I do it for the Lord’s Sake, for His Truth, and for His people. If you think that you can judge me on this, be welcome to it. But don’t expect me to stop. I did not receive either my gift or my Salvation from you.

Edited.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ihedinobi3: 8:30am On Oct 16, 2019
missjo:

Of course i am open to your corrections, help, and warnings. I've always appreciated them.

Thank you
As always, I am very happy to help.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Ihedinobi3: 9:33am On Oct 16, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I dont see or read in the text that Ham thought it was something funny to talk about seeing his dad näked? Instead I read that Ham didnt cover up his dad, but he went to tell his brothers, period. There was nothing about funniness, about Ham finding it amusing or him laughing about it to his brothers anything said in that text. Again, it was just that he should have immediately covered his old man up before go looking for the "calvary" to tell them what's up

"The person who sins is the one who will die. The child will not be punished for the parent’s sins, and the parent will not be punished for the child’s sins. Righteous people will be rewarded for their own righteous behavior, and wicked people will be punished for their own wickedness."
- Ezekiel 18:20

"That brought a very specific prophetic curse on his own son, not directly on himself" is not in line with Ezekiel 18:20 above

It was the guilty person, Canaan, who was rightfully got pronouced a curse upon. It was Canaan who directly got cursed by Noah because Noah knew what Canaan, and not Ham, had done to him. What exactly did Canaan do to his grandfather? We'll leave that Q&A hanging in the air, lol, hmm. Suffice to say, Canaan was showing the tendencies of his future descendants, the Canaanites, lol. The Canaanites certainly inherited their predisposition from Canaan

The scripture, in Genesis 3:17, said, God told Adam that the ground will be under a curse because of what he, Adam did. What exactly did Adam do, warranting that the ground be under a curse? We'll leave that Q&A hanging in the air too, lol, hmm.

Just like to Adam's disobedience opened the door for ills to plague our world, Abraham's Genesis 22:18 et al obedience opened another door for the same ills to be countered and so we have the process and prophetic of Genesis 3:15, beginning to gradually develop

4Then Saul said to his armor-bearer, “Draw your sword and run it through me, or these uncircumcised men will come and run me through and torture me!”
But his armor-bearer was terrified and refused to do it. So Saul took his own sword and fell on it.
5When his armor-bearer saw that Saul was dead, he too fell on his own sword and died with him.
6So Saul, his three sons, his armor-bearer, and all his men died together that same day.

1 Samuel 31:4-6

13So Saul died for his unfaithfulness to the LORD, because he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance,
14and he failed to inquire of the LORD. So the LORD put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse.

- 1 Chronicles 10:13-14

Why do you say God killed David's first son Ihedinobi3 when it is obvious the kid died because he was sick? Compare 1 Samuel 31:4-6 and 1 Chronicles 10:13-14 concerning King Saul's death

I am seeing a regular pattern forming in your submissions. I see you habitually taking the freedom to depart from logical deductive reasoning(s) and the facts of a matter to giving in to scarcely credible and fanciful over-imaginative guesswork. Take for example Ihedinobi3, I dont see nor read the text saying Canaan was an infant at time of that recorded Noah being näked incident

I am totally and unequivocally in agreement with you on this

I dont know about extrapolations, but I do know about Proverbs 25:2 stating that: "It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out" and so implies that deductive reasoning used to reach logical true conclusions are permitted

Now, fyi Ihedinobi3, the word used in Genesis 9:24 is "his son" and then to qualify it more, further used "younger" after it. Noah, claimed Canaan as his son, the same and similar way, Jacob claimed Joseph's two sons to be his

I have always maintained that if a crooked stick is put on the ground before you, you need not explain how crooked it is. Go search and come back to lay a straight one down, by the side of it, and the work is well done. Do just that and error will stand abashed from seeing how crooked and twisting your "truth" lies

Every stick has two ends. Unfortunately some of us, as opposed the right end, grab the wrong end of the stick and so end up not understanding a situation(s) correctly

I am totally and unequivocally in agreement with you on this, that what Ihedinobi3 has, are absolutely wrong connections to make, and I've already above being countering a few of them as I can time possibly do.

I am sure you are quite confident that the connections are correct. It is well.

Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation, as in, was righteous before God in that generation because it was only him, Noah, who did not take the daughters of men as wife. Fyi, a generation is a span of 40 years

Everyone including the Nephilims were given the opportunity to save themselves from the about to happen destruction. God allowed Noah to warn everyone by preaching for 120 years. I would say, God is fair here. None of Noah's sons and their wives were forced to enter the ark, they each were sensible enough to do, if the Nephilim were too, they would have been allowed also into the ark. Its as simple as that
Hello MuttleyLaff.

When I said, "So, for example, you don't pretend, as someone with no respect for the Bible would, and has right here, that when the Bible says that Noah discovered what his youngest son had done to him, that it must mean Canaan," it was you that I meant.

So, you and I will not be discussing anything here or anywhere else, unless and until I see that you will actually quit presuming to put words in God's Mouth. We do have history, you remember. I see no reason to believe that anything important has changed since the last time we discussed the Bible.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 9:51am On Oct 16, 2019
Ihedinobi3:
Hello MuttleyLaff.

When I said, "So, for example, you don't pretend, as someone with no respect for the Bible would, and has right here, that when the Bible says that Noah discovered what his youngest son had done to him, that it must mean Canaan," it was you that I meant.

So, you and I will not be discussing anything here or anywhere else, unless and until I see that you will actually quit presuming to put words in God's Mouth. We do have history, you remember. I see no reason to believe that anything important has changed since the last time we discussed the Bible.
Ihedinobi3, lol, of course, I knew you were in code, referring to me. We after all go way way way back even before the last year fall out we had, that I left lying not to pull with you. Tell me ihedinobi3 whether you have or not put words in God's on this thread so far, like for example the one of Canaan finding the issue about Noah funny, hmm. Suit yourself nwanne. Lol.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by jamesid29(m): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Suspect33(m): 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
nijabazaar:

hmmmm.....
but if it is such an important book with lots of info , i mean terribly good info about God....why the relegation?
Are they trying to hide something from the common man? or is it, that the knowledge or context therein is too difficult for people to understand? I mean, if the Book of daniel (which i think is perplexing) and the Book of Revelation ( which is just downright Horror) is included why not Book of Enouch?
lol revelation is horror? grin grin, it's hope for the bride of Christ
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 3:28am On Oct 17, 2019
nijabazaar:
hmmmm.....
but if it is such an important book with lots of info , i mean terribly good info about God....why the relegation?
Are they trying to hide something from the common man? or is it, that the knowledge or context therein is too difficult for people to understand? I mean, if the Book of daniel (which i think is perplexing) and the Book of Revelation ( which is just downright Horror) is included why not Book of Enouch?

Suspect33:
lol revelation is horror? grin grin, it's hope for the bride of Christ
What nijabazaar doesnt seem to know about the The book of Enoch and its other variants, is that they are best one after the other flushed down the toilet, where they belong. If you start to read the accursed book with sense wiseness, you won't last five minutes into reading the book, before you'll in a cringeworthy manner shove it away, from finding the content, being ludicrous and a waste of even idle time.

jamesid29:
It is well.
It has to be well since he is the only one here who is correct and/or quite confident that his connections are correct. It is well, all he "can do is offer these helps, warnings, and corrections", sic.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 7:52am On Oct 17, 2019
And I just can’t help but wonder why the book of Enoch was found alongside other books of the bible within the ancient Dead Sea scrolls at Qumran... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 8:08am On Oct 17, 2019
Enoch 25 v 1-5;

1. And he said to me: 'Enoch, why do you ask me about the fragrance of the tree, and why do you wish to learn the truth?'
2. Then I answered him saying 'I wish to know everything but especially about this tree'
3. And he answered saying: 'This high mountain which you have seen, whose summit is like the throne of God, is His throne where the Holy Great One, the Lord of Glory, the Eternal King will sit, when He shall come to visit the earth with goodness.
4. And for this fragrant tree, no mortal is permitted to touch it until the great judgment, when He shall take vengeance on all and bring everything to its completion forever.
5. It shall be given to the righteous and holy. Its fruit shall be food for the Elect: it shall be transplanted to the holy place, to the temple of the Lord, the Eternal King.

Revelation 22 v 1-3;
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

Remind me again.... one book was definitely written before the other...

Cc: gobuchinny, nijabazaar, budaatum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 8:32am On Oct 17, 2019
Enoch 38 v 1 - 4

1. The first parable: When the congregation of the righteous shall appear, and sinners shall be judged for their sins, and shall driven from the face of the earth,

2. And when the Righteous One shall appear before the eyes of the elect righteous ones, whose works are weighed by the Lord of spirits, light shall appear to the righteous and the elect who dwell on the earth. Where will there be dwelling for sinners, and where will there be a resting place for those who denied the Lord of spirits? It had been good for them if they had not been born.

3. When the secrets of the righteous shall be revealed and sinners judged, and the godless driven from the presence of the righteous and elect,

4. From that time, those that possess the earth shall no longer be powerful and mighty: And they shall not be able to look at the face of the holy ones, because the Lord of spirits has caused His light to appear on the face of the holy, righteous and elect.

2 Corinthians 5 v 9-11;
9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

2 Corinthians 3 v 17-18;
17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by gobuchinny: 9:08am On Oct 17, 2019
OkCornel:
Enoch 25 v 1-5;

1. And he said to me: 'Enoch, why do you ask me about the fragrance of the tree, and why do you wish to learn the truth?'
2. Then I answered him saying 'I wish to know everything but especially about this tree'
3. And he answered saying: 'This high mountain which you have seen, whose summit is like the throne of God, is His throne where the Holy Great One, the Lord of Glory, the Eternal King will sit, when He shall come to visit the earth with goodness.
4. And for this fragrant tree, no mortal is permitted to touch it until the great judgment, when He shall take vengeance on all and bring everything to its completion forever.
5. It shall be given to the righteous and holy. Its fruit shall be food for the Elect: it shall be transplanted to the holy place, to the temple of the Lord, the Eternal King.

Revelation 22 v 1-3;
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

Remind me again.... one book was definitely written before the other...

I'm telling you brother. I have read that book twice and it still amazes me how the book encompasses genesis to revelation. I get a godly fear whenever I read it. Because it shows how great God is. You begin to wonder if it was written after the death of Christ but then you remember its Enoch. The 7th from Adam grin. It speaks of everything. From the forming of the nation of Israel, the destruction of the temple, the birth of Christ, His death and glory, the 2nd coming and then judgement of The first stars that fell(satan)and the second stars that fell and corrupted the earth and judgement of sinners. We are at the end times. The very end of times. We must be vigilant for the hour is come for the Son of man to be glorified. Amen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 9:23am On Oct 17, 2019
gobuchinny:
I'm telling you brother. I have read that book twice and it still amazes me how the book encompasses genesis to revelation. I get a godly fear whenever I read it. Because it shows how great God is. You begin to wonder if it was written after the death of Christ but then you remember its Enoch
Have you read Otem's series on Nairaland at all, hmm?

gobuchinny:
The 7th from Adam grin.
I like how you too found it that funny that Enoch is the 7th from Adam grin grin grin

gobuchinny:
It speaks of everything. From the forming of the nation of Israel, the destruction of the temple, the birth of Christ, His death and glory, the 2nd coming and then judgement of The first stars that fell(satan)and the second stars that fell and corrupted the earth and judgement of sinners. We are at the end times. The very end of times. We must be vigilant for the hour is come for the Son of man to be glorified. Amen
Otem's series gives the The Book of Enoch a good run for its money. Shame Otum doesn't get the credit he deserves for over imaginative work like this accursed Book of Enoch does. Oh well.
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 9:39am On Oct 17, 2019
The person above keeps on postulating theories on how the sons of God are men from the lineage of Seth, and yet keeps on playing the ostrich to the poser below;

Jude 1 v 6;

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Now further questions for those proposing the sons God to be the Sons of Seth

1) Which angels was Jude referring to in verse 6, and when did they leave their first estate?
2) If you say it is those angels that rebelled alongside Lucifer, shouldn't they all be in everlasting chains right now awaiting judgement? Shouldn't this earth be free from demons and evil spirits?
3) The sons of God spoken of in Job Chapters 1 and 2, are they also male descendants from the lineage of Seth?

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by budaatum: 9:46am On Oct 17, 2019
jamesid29:

I chuckle when he fails to notice his additions of his own understanding to scripture in the same post in which he accuses me of adding to scripture.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 10:00am On Oct 17, 2019
budaatum:

I chuckle when he fails to notice his additions of his own understanding to scripture in the same post in which he accuses me of adding to scripture.

A sublime example of double standards cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by nijabazaar: 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2019
I lovveee this kinda Debate!!!

We really have intelligent Beings on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2019
nijabazaar:
I lovveee this kinda Debate!!!

We really have intelligent Beings on this forum.
Intelligent beings with enough sense wiseness, to know that Book of Enoch should when found be used as toilet paper to wipe bum with and then flushed down the toilet, where it belongs
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 8:28pm On Oct 17, 2019
For a certain person on this thread continuously postulating theories on how the sons of God are men from the lineage of Seth, and yet keeps on playing the ostrich to the poser below;

Jude 1 v 6;

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Now further questions for those proposing the sons God to be the Sons of Seth

1) Which angels was Jude referring to in verse 6, and when did they leave their first estate?
2) If you say it is those angels that rebelled alongside Lucifer, shouldn't they all be in everlasting chains right now awaiting judgement? Shouldn't this earth be free from demons and evil spirits?
3) The sons of God spoken of in Job Chapters 1 and 2, are they also male descendants from the lineage of Seth?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

How Lust Can Lead You Into Great Trouble / The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... / Enoch Adeboye Pictured With Ban Ki-moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 357
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.