Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum (29391 Views)

Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years / I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) / Air Peace Provides Food Items For Hundreds Of Less Privileged In Makoko, Ajegunl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by ludoliu(m): 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2019
Kendumazy:
Mheen! That place should be named GHN. Ghetto headquarters of Nigeria. Nice video anyway.

thanks a lot !
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by ludoliu(m): 1:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
Iranoladun:

You should do a voiceover on the documentary e.g. history & culture of Makoko, occupations, different communities, etc
Also feature some real ground area like the sawmill, shops, houses, typical recreational place/activities, interview old and young, male and female etc

Yes i totally agree ! i'll be back in makoko for another doc, with more ground footage and interviews...
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by sulaak(m): 1:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
Powersurge:
Well, I was born in a place worse than this. My primary education was in that place. Today I am a graduate from one of the first generation federal universities.

The journey is far from palatable. But when your government fails you, try not to fail yourself. I am not where I need to be but I am definitely far from whence I started.

To everyone trying to weather the storm, may God be for you, a light when other lights have gone out. God's speed!!!

Powersurge, I hope you fulfil your journey and become a leader of change. An animal should not be living in Makoko.

Tinubu, PDP and APC have failed Lagosian.
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by ludoliu(m): 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2019
theenchanter:
I've watched this youtube video like 10x before sef.

thanks a lot for your support and feedback ! once more these video have sense only if shared with viewers !
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by ludoliu(m): 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2019
malcomxjr:
Why do we do cheap documentary and always show the bad part of our home land we need to change this idea it is affecting us every country has there slums.How often do we see the slums of USA or India or Indonesia or Kenya if you want to do a documentary you can show the health sector education sector not going to slums and feel happy about it

If you take time to look at the videos i did, you will see that only one describe such a place in lagos. mostly my videos are more about the beauty of the country i Love ... Please take a real look at my work, then you' ll see that i show everything but not only what you describe...
see here :
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JZqOTfzqDw[url][/url]
or here :
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPGp8se48mw[url][/url]

2 Likes

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by judgementyard(m): 1:45pm On Oct 05, 2019
toluxa1:
grin grin

Village people got ur back
problem is when u trek 2km to work just to get there and realize that you forgot the office key at home. So you managed to trek back home leaving your heavy bag at the office doorstep...
On getting home, you realized that your house key is in the bag you left at the Office Doorstep... You got upset, angry but had no choice, so you trekked back to the office again, picked up your bag angrily, and trekked your way back home again..
On getting home, you dipped your hand in your bag, only to realize that the office key was in your bag all along...
Now you sit on the floor shouting... "Make una kuku kill me ooohhh village people".
grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5454619/iphone-x-64gb-factory-unlocked

Na so I trek from my hostel back then in my school days to the bush to smoke w..d,got to my destination only to realize that my lighter was not on me.
Got back to the hostel,got my later returned to the bush..... lighter no gree spark! grin

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Kenturkey048(m): 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
Bighead9:

These are the places Trump was referring to as "Shithole". grin grin grin grin grin
if I say make I take shots from alakija to seme border..na same you go see off Lagos...if you go zongo,and sele for seme you go know say all those places dey learn work...
Bighead9:

I know the East like the back of my hand. The entire East is very tiny. Smaller than one of the Smallest States (Bayelsa) yet, it's under-developed. grin grin grin grin
you know nothing about the east ..........
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by vince96w2(m): 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
ludoliu:
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cn1KXRTXdY[url][/url]

Some call it a disgusting slum, some were born there and call it home. One thing remains for sure, it has to change in a way or another.
What do you think about this incredible Makoko ? How should it be developed ?
you say make we feel free as if DATA dey free...Any ways Next time pls add a voice...not every one can follow the write up and watch same time.. cool

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Bighead9: 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2019
Kenturkey048:
if I say make I take shots from alakija to seem border..na same you go see off Lagos...if you go zongo,and sele for seme you go know say all those places dey learn work...

Trash.

The East is a slum, you and all Nigerians knows this. grin grin

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Kenturkey048(m): 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2019
Bighead9:

Trash.

okay OGA slum...
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by ludoliu(m): 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2019
vince96w2:
you say make we feel free as if DATA dey free...Any ways Next time pls add a voice...not every one can follow the write up and watch same time.. cool

ah ah ah data no be free i know ! I wish i could add a voice, but mine is to crappy ! that is a 100% homemade work, next time i may contact you ro record your voice smiley
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Sofistcatdmoron: 2:02pm On Oct 05, 2019
they are eguns ,one of the real & ancient owners of Lagos

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by madenigga(m): 2:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
Sleevia:

All I see is selfishness written all of you like a typical parasite.

Nothing is said on how to better the lives of those currently there... But how to profit greedily

The kind of people I share a country with though
I was looking at the economic benefits.

During the construction and Sand filling stage of the projects Labour would be used from the host, at least before the project would be done the host would have enough money to afford an apartment in the estate plus they will be a little bit compensated. Either they stay or if they can't cope move some where else

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Sofistcatdmoron: 2:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
Bighead9:

These are the places Trump was referring to as "Shithole". grin grin grin grin grin
post pictures of afonja land, lagos is not part of afonja land
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Sofistcatdmoron: 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2019
Bighead9:

Trash.

olori nla, that picture os from waste afonja land grin
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Sleevia: 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2019
madenigga:

I was looking at the economic benefits.

During the construction and Sand filling stage of the projects Labour would be used from the host, at least before the project would be done the host would have enough money to afford an apartment in the estate plus they will be a little bit compensated. Either they stay or if they can't cope move some where else
cool

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by madenigga(m): 2:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
Sleevia:
cool
So mister your country men are reasonable after all

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Fitz22(f): 2:11pm On Oct 05, 2019
ludoliu:
[url][/url]

Some call it a disgusting slum, some were born there and call it home. One thing remains for sure, it has to change in a way or another.

Thank you for the video.
I usually view that area every morning through the bus window when goin to work. I thought of doing a documentary too.
I have thought and wonder how they live and sleep, every morning i see them defecating, some bathing, some swimming,others fishing while others are cutting wood. Different activitiaes happening at the same time in that same water,they seem ok with it as if its normal.
I was told they refused renovation of that area, governor of Lagos state made an attempt to do it but it was not accepted.

2 Likes

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by ludoliu(m): 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2019
Fitz22:

Thank you for the video.
I usually view that area every morning through the bua window when goin to work. I thought of doing a documentary too.
I have thought and wonder how they live and sleep, every morning i see them defecate, some bathing, some swimming,others fishing while others are cutting wood. its all happening at the same time. They seem happ

thanks a lot for your comment ! I understand what you described. I have always been some kind of fascinated by this place.
Please feel free to give this video a thumb up and:or a comment on youtube. it will help it to travel even more, being more suggested.
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Sleevia: 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2019
madenigga:

So mister your country men are reasonable after all
Thank you. I just hate seeing people suffer

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by HonFuga: 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2019
ludoliu:
[url][/url]

I think you should add voice to compliment the wording on the screen

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by ludoliu(m): 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2019
HonFuga:

I think you should add voice to compliment the wording on the screen

afterwards, i think the same ! i wish i had a voice that allows me to do so.
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2019
davidflipcy5856:
OMG! How do people survive here?

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by anonymousghost2(m): 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2019
aprimama:

Can't someone just play with m.i?

he just schooled him hahaha
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by OBTMOS(m): 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
Beautiful

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by traihit: 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
baby124:
This thing should be burnt down. Enough of this menace. Most are illegal immigrants and miscreants. Let them go back to where they are coming from. This is an environmental hazard.

Environmental hazard you call it? I guess you grew up in one of those palatial residences hence, you might find it difficult to understand that most of these people don't find it comfortable living there. All I see there is the failure of a state. They are living hungry in the midst of plenteousness. When some of them get educated, enlightened and comfortable as you, perhaps they'd recognise the fact that the slum is indeed environmentally hazardous.

2 Likes

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2019
princeking2:

Are you serious??
I don stay Adekunle area na, na dere we dey go buy fish.

Even my NYSC CDS Group do family planning awareness for Makoko, come see as we dey share CD

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by mechanics(m): 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2019
Hmmmm, when will development reach that area?

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Zhezhi: 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2019
ludoliu:
[url][/url]

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by baby124: 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2019
traihit:

Environmental hazard you call it? I guess you grew up in one of those palatial residences hence, you might find it difficult to understand that most of these people don't find it comfortable living there. All I see there is the failure of a state. They are living hungry in the midst of plenteousness. When some of them get educated, enlightened and comfortable as you, perhaps they'd recognise the fact that the slum is indeed environmentally hazardous.
The plentiousness in Nigeria is NOT in Lagos State. It’s in the Niger Delta and Abuja. So again, why are they there? It is a hazard and should be burnt down. Let them go back to their states and villages. This is a menace that has slowly spread and expanded due to the inability of the government to be serious!

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by baby124: 3:29pm On Oct 05, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:
they are eguns ,one of the real & ancient owners of Lagos
Not Eguns but Ilaje’s. Egun don’t live in water. Ilaje do.
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by daxclusive1: 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2019
SLAP44:
Wait, who demolished all those houses in Ikeja and VI?

I heard that Olympic gold medalists in Shot put come from this area grin They excrete indoors and fling it into the air towards the sea, aiming for the head of innocent whales in the water grin

Tinubu has destroyed Lagos.

Brilliant assessment in just 3 paragraph.. � � grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aregbesola Commissions The Immigration Service Passport Express Centre / Car Crushes 4-Year-Old Boy To Death Inside Parents’ Compound In Lagos / Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.