Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Psalm: Ch. 8 Vs 5&6 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Psalm: Ch. 8 Vs 5&6 (1093 Views)

Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel / 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! / Deutoronomy 22 Vs 5, Why Women Worldwide Ignore This Even On Nairalaand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Psalm: Ch. 8 Vs 5&6 by Nestle(f): 1:11pm On May 19, 2007
God made man a little lower than d angels, and crowned him with glory and honour. Than give dominion over every thing he created including MONEY. My question , WHY ARE MEN SUFFERING AND DIEING OF POVERTY? IS IT B/C OF D COMMITED BY OUR 1ST PARENT.
Re: Psalm: Ch. 8 Vs 5&6 by TellyB(m): 7:08pm On May 19, 2007

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with
the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature
waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Rom. 8:18-19
Re: Psalm: Ch. 8 Vs 5&6 by Nestle(f): 3:40pm On May 21, 2007
U did not answer my question, And according 2 where u quoted in Romans 8:18,19.

Are saying that MAN ARE BORN 2 SUFFER 4 THE GLORY OF GOD TO BE REVEAL.
Re: Psalm: Ch. 8 Vs 5&6 by TellyB(m): 3:57pm On May 21, 2007
@Nestle,

Nestle:

U did not answer my question,

Right. Could you please rephrase your question so we could understand it a bit more easily.

Nestle:

And according 2 where u quoted in Romans 8:18,19.

Are saying that MAN ARE BORN 2 SUFFER 4 THE GLORY OF GOD TO BE REVEAL.

Man was not born to suffer; but suffering is a reality that we all experience, whether or not we are religious. I think that is the point made in the book of Job:

Job 5:7 - Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.

Job 14:1 - Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.

However, it is also clear that through the redemption we have in Christ, we can rejoice in the blessings God has made available to us through faith - and that is inspite of the effects of the Fall. The living God gives us richly all things to enjoy - I Tim. 6:17.
Re: Psalm: Ch. 8 Vs 5&6 by ricadelide(m): 8:10pm On May 21, 2007
Nestle:

God made man a little lower than d angels, and crowned him with glory and honour. Than give dominion over every thing he created including MONEY. My question , WHY ARE MEN SUFFERING AND DIEING OF POVERTY? IS IT B/C OF D COMMITED BY OUR 1ST PARENT.
i think you've partly answered your question. the entry of sin into the world by our first parents was what led to man's seperation from God and condemnation. Gen. 3;17-19. However, in Christ we have been redeemed from the curse.
There are different kinds of suffering, poverty isn't the only form of suffering; there are many people who are rich but still suffer emotionally and mentally. Ultimately, the yoke of sin, guilt and shame is lifted in Christ Matt11;28-30
However, like Telly B said, even in Christ we suffer persecutions and what not, and only when His kingdom is established will we fully enter into and experience His glory.

2Cor 4; 7-12, 16-18
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; 8 we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; 10 always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. 11 For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. 12 So death works in us, but life in you

Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. 17 For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, 18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Re: Psalm: Ch. 8 Vs 5&6 by TellyB(m): 11:37am On May 22, 2007
@ricadelide,

Thank you for adding to my understanding. Cheers. smiley
Re: Psalm: Ch. 8 Vs 5&6 by Nestle(f): 1:36pm On May 22, 2007
Telly B , thank u 4 writting, am very gratefull.

Job 14:1, where u quote made me 2 understand that man is full of trouble and it is only by d special grace of God that we can overcome d problem of this sinful world.

So we need 2 be prayerful and have faith in God which through him all things are possible.

THANK U.

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Really Make Heaven? / Must We Forgive And Forget / Men As Lovers Of Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.