Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,519 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) (1953 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) / The Fate Of The Twins (dedicated To The Sexually Abused, The Adopted And Twins) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 10:02pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ann2012:
Kasala don burst on top Shade level Thanks for the update
I just decided to dash her a little disease to enjoy life

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 10:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
skubido:

No b small tin ooo
She will survive, trust me

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by Ann2012(f): 8:41am On Nov 08, 2019
olatunyemi:

I just decided to dash her a little disease to enjoy life

Lolz
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
Chapter 6

Rain was falling washing dirties to the earthly streams; the sun was rising and setting, swapping its majestic time with the glowing moon. If life has not been fair with Shade, school has been fair. Her treatment plan was being monitored and taken care of, and she was at risk of expulsion and prosecution should she infect anyone. Bunmi on her own has always been by her side but her friend’s plight has no taught her enough lessons to desist from night parties. She thought she was careful and immune to any STDs.

“I want to register for HIV awareness program; I am going to be part of the team to make awareness and campaign that AIDS is real!” Shade said, tying her headgear.

“Babe, you are strong o. I envy your courage, seriously,” Bunmi said. “I would love to be a member also but, I heard it was meant for victims alone.” She continued.

“No, you got it wrong, where were you misinformed? Anyone could volunteer; it would even reduce the stigma of the victims.”

“Well then, count me in. Let me also contribute,” Bunmi replied.

“Eh wait, I am even afraid to go, that is how you went for blood donation and came home with this.” She said nervously, dropping the juice bottle in her hand.

“You think everyone will have my luck, don’t be scared. Besides, you need to get tested.” Shade giggled.

“Alright, let’s get it tested. I am up for it.” Bunmi fisted her hands to show her readiness.

“Let me change my top and cream my face. It is afternoon, fine guys would be out there and you could never say.”

“Say what! My friend, you will never change. So your libido is still high with this disease,” Bunmi widened her eyes in disbelief.

Shade joined her outside after she locked the door; they were heading to the school clinic. She tapped Bunmi who looked back with surprise.

“You know what, disease does not affect libido, it only begs for condom.” Shade said and they laughed and entwined hands roaming the street.

Hours before Bunmi HIV test result was revealed, she had not been at ease as she could not even take a minute to sit. She had been recounting her past since she got admission. She blamed her dad for taking so much interest in National politics and left her with her niece catering for themselves. Her mum was late since she was seven and her dad refused to remarry, stressing he has promised not to marry another wife no matter the circumstances.

On the other hand, Shade was laughing at her seeing how unease she felt. Soon after, they were called in and the result was handed over.

To be continued shortly
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by skubido(m): 9:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
U too much
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 10:22pm On Nov 11, 2019
skubido:
U too much
I remain loyal

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 5:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
Negative! Thank you, God.” She cried.

“I told you not to worry. You can see for yourself now,” her friend rejoiced with her. “Anyway, it calls for a celebration. Order some pizza and let’s have a feast.” Shade said, carrying her up like wrestler that won a belt.

“We shall eat till we die today. Order anything, the bill is on me,” she replied.

They left the clinic after registering for AIDS awareness volunteer group looking fulfilled.

--------------------------------------
There are different reactions students showcase whenever schools release results: crying, mourning, laughing, smiling, sympathising and many more, you would hear some shouting partiality after they are withdrawn or on probation while some would say the lecturers reduced their scores because they feel threatened by their brilliancy. Some would even allege that lecturers were trying to sleep with them to pass.
It was not different in the Federal Universities as most of the lecturers have been labelled sadists because they failed to compromise to bribery. Wale’s University was not different as well. However, he looked at his result and smiled, raising his hands up to thank God.

“This result is falsified. Why are the girls doing better than us? They are sleeping with those lecturers for mark.” One of Wale’s friends wailed.

“Did I also sleep with the female lecturers to have 4.50 CGPA which is a herculean task here? Maybe you didn’t read enough.” Wale boasted.

“How can you compare a genius to me…” the friend said.

“I am not Einstein; I simply put more effort than last semester.” Wale cut him

“But how is Rekiya doing it, she got 5.0 again.”

“The girl is very brilliant, she is doing it without any lecturer’s favour, but I will top her by next semester.”

“If it’s to increase my reading period or cut short many of my social activities, I will just to be fit to compete with her,” Wale said.

“I like the girl; I need to be her friend. She is cute,” Wale’s friend said.

“She will reject you in a second; you are not her match, I am more suited.” Wale countered

“Let’s see then, it is not by book but emotional intelligence.” His friend retorted.

“You are just being sapiosexual, that is not love,” Wale said

“Call it aviophobia or bibliophobia or anything, I am in for this.” He replied

“Then, let’s sees who will win,” Wale said

“Game on,” his friend replied.

They left for the cafeteria to eat. Wale foots the bill, he was happy with his result and his friends rode on that to have a nice lunch.

The hospital staff were still on strike despite several meetings with the presidency with each lasting more than five hours. The health workers remained obstinate in their demand from the Federal Government. Most of the health workers were doing part-time work at private hospitals and clinics except those lacking in skills. Thus, all apprentices have been advised to go home till the issue is resolved as their security and welfare were no more on the hands of the hospital management till the industrial action is called off.

Meanwhile, Tayo didn’t go home. She believed she would recall her past if she went home and she decided to stay with Toyin pending the time the industrial action would be called off. Tayo however, has been visiting Tunde and they have kick-started an intimate relationship the following week after they met.

Tunde has mini self-contained apartment comprising a kitchen, toilet and just a normal size room. He has a Toshiba TV and a speaker with volumes than his entire neighbour’s. He do increase the volume to the highest whenever a girl visited him to overwhelm their cries or whenever he is doing laundry at the backyard to listen to music. He has just a chair beside his bed which housed his spoilt laptop. The blue painted wall with the multicoloured chandelier gave it a chameleon taste.

“Sweetheart, I made it early today,” Tunde announced.

“Welcome sweet boo, this is 5 pm, what happened,” Tayo asked as she hugged him.

“We thought it would rain so my boss decided to close early,” he said wiping his sweat with a green face towel.

“That suits me, you know, we will have more time together. I have cooked dinner already.”

“Thanks for taking care of me like a kid; you will make a good wife.”

“I am always here for you till the end of time.” She said, smiling.

She moved forward and Tunde planted a kiss on her lips before heading to the bathroom. Tayo continued with the mortal combat she was playing on her phone before Tunde came. She has been residing with him barely two weeks after she agreed to be his girlfriend. At first, she was reluctant committing herself to the relationship but she gave in after much persuasion from Toyin whom consent Tunde had already sought.

“Enough of that, bath quickly come for your food before it gets cold!” Tayo shouted.
He rushed out like someone at the beckon of his village king; he was wiping his foam-filled ears as he entered the room.

“I am here, ma’am.” He replied.

It took him less than twenty minutes to see the bottom of the plate he was eating from as he licked his fingers. Throughout the time he was eating, his eyes were lustfully wandering around Tayo’s body, his manhood aroused from the towel.

“Only a hypocrite would say this food is not delicious. Tell me how much it will take to register for cooking competition because no doubt, you will win.” He said still licking his hands

“Your entire savings, but you can pay by being my slave.” She joked.

“Let me be your slave tonight, I can’t wait to obey you right now,” he replied washing his hands in the bowl provided.

“Ok, then. If you are ready,” she said.

She moved to the bed and removed the pullover she wore. It remained just her pink singlet.

“Hmmm this is a clue, I guess,” Tunde said.

“If you get the clue, then you win,” she replied.

Tunde jumped to the bed and the rest was left to be imagined as she moaned on top her voice but Tunde’s home theatre volume was louder. After their escapade, she made a call to Toyin to inform her she will be sleeping over as the cloud had gathered.
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
Chapter 7

Ever since her predicament started, she lost contact with most of her friends including the almighty Tayo. She was paranoid Tayo would also stigmatize her. On the other hand, Tunde’s presence has obscured Tayo from seeing life beyond her boyfriend. However, Shade decided to call her friend and withstand the tongue lashing, if there would be.
Tayo picked the phone after the second ring.

“Hello babe, it has been a long time,” Shade said nervously.

“See who remembers me today, school has been sweet that you forgot about me,” Tayo shouted, dropping the mug in her hand.

“What is sweet in a school where lecturers frustrate students?” She said rolling her eyes

“That won’t get to your head, I trust you,” She cleared her throat. “I know if the school frustrates you, you will frustrate the guys there.” She chuckled.

“Trust me on that, but that has also reduced.” Shade said, full of emotions

“Hmmm, tell me something I don’t know. Are you serious?”

“Yes, why not, but that would be a discussion for another day. I will tell you when next I call… before I forget, how is Tunde, the guy you told me about”

“Oh, his money is taking care of me as you can notice from my voice.” She was so ecstatic

“Emmm…why don’t you plan to settle down with him if he is serious?”

“Marriage is not on my list now; I need money first like an Arabian bride”

“That is fine then, I would call you soonest. Don’t forget I love you.” Shade said

“I love you more, nice to hear from you.” She hung the call.
Tayo wasn’t suspicious of anything and she couldn’t read it from her friend’s tone. Meanwhile, Shade was relieved the discussion was not a lecture on HIV.

---------------------------------
School would resume in a week’s time and new students have been offered admission. Prior to the entrance exam, Wale advised Tayo to buy the form and register but Tunde, her new boyfriend advised her to finish her training first. Wale could not persuade her further.
Wale was happy to be in the second year and would not be addressed as a fresher anymore, and only Shade’s predicament was the only dark spot in his life. Despite the disease, he couldn’t stop loving her no matter how much he tried. He beeped her to hear from her.

“What a rain in January! I can’t believe my eyes, I have missed you,” Shade said, grinning.

“I am sorry I have not been there for you, I was busy lately.” Wale apologized.

“Hmmm… what have you been doing to forget your baby girl?

“You know my uncle travels a lot leaving his pregnant wife in my care and I tutor in the summer classes”

“Load of excuses sha,” she hissed.

“No, that is not it. I am not running away from you,” he sat on the long brown leather sofa in his uncle’s sitting room to concentrate on the call.

“You just said your mind. Who asked if you are avoiding me, it shows you are,” she protested

“Trust me, I will never. I promise I will be calling more now.”

“I will believe it when you do.”

“Emmm that aside, hope you are fine?”

“Are you in doubt? Trust me I am okay.”

“Fine then, I will drop something in your account to buy drugs,” he said

“You are a darling, I really appreciate,” she said happily, kissing her phone.

“You are always welcome”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bunmi was not happy to start the new semester in the State polytechnic; she wanted to travel abroad or enrol in a private university in the country. But her dad didn’t subscribe to that and told her to earn it with better grades. However, she was tired of proving her brilliance to him and the communication between them has been severed.

“How far Bunmi, you look down,” Shade asked.

“I will be lying if I tell you my mind is still in this school.”

“Are you still upset about your dad?” she moved closer and put her hand across her shoulder. “Babe, you should let it go and focus for now.”

“That is minor; most guys around me deserted me because of you,” Bunmi said. Shade instinctively withdrew her hand from her; she perceived her only friend is being victimized by being around her. Her eyes suddenly became wet.

“They are not to be blamed,” she cried.

“Don’t blame yourself too much. They aren’t aware HIV is different from AIDS,” Bunmi wiped Shade’s tears.

“I am eternally grateful, you are one in a million,” Shade said, she held on to her and wept silently.

“Please desist from following men around; your dad is rich to cater for you. Learn from my predicament. I don’t want you to be a victim like me.” Shade continued

“I don’t indulge in such anymore. I have learned from this a lot; even the irresistible Ope has been dispensed.” Bunmi said, holding her friend’s hands.

“But you shouldn’t have left him. He has been doing well and gentlemanly.”

“No, he was doing that to your face and something else behind you. He told me to distance myself from you.”

“Don’t you think you are going through a lot for me?” she gazed at her as another ball of tears rolled through her cheek.

“I know you will do the same if it was you,” Bunmi hugged her.

“You are a God sent, you handed me a better life”

“Don’t mention.”
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by skubido(m): 8:11am On Nov 22, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
skubido:
Thanks for the update
Thanks for following, the thread is really dry. Motivation is zero
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by Ann2012(f): 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
Bunni is a wonderful friend, I just hope Tunde is not toying with Tayo.

Thanks for the update
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 5:11am On Nov 23, 2019
Ann2012:
Bunni is a wonderful friend, I just hope Tunde is not toying with Tayo.

Thanks for the update
Yes, bunmi is wonderful and I also hope Tunde isn't playing

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 8:03am On Dec 05, 2019
Chapter 8

Four months after the Hospital industrial action, the Hospitals reopened after the government have yielded to their billings. They triumph after holding patients as ransom since the child-maternal mortality was at its highest rate during the period. It was after the statistics was brought out by the WHO that the government realized they were fighting a lost battle. Meanwhile, Tayo resumed to work and was her cheerful and elegant self.

Two weeks after resumption, Tayo almost vomited her intestines. She took antiemetic and it seemed not to work. She resulted in local medications and that proved abortive as well. She has since then lost appetite and looked so pale.

“Maybe we have to go to the laboratory to check this,” Toyin said looking confused as she cleaned Tayo’s mouth stained with vomits.

“You don’t need a test before you confirm pregnancy; it is morning sickness. I am pregnant for Tunde,” She said elongating her neck to vomit again.

“Again! Is this not the 3rd time! Can’t you close your thighs for this guy?” Toyin said.

“Let get rid of this first before I deal with him. How do I go about this?”

“I am not sure if the Hospital will be happy about this, you have been caught twice.” She rinsed Tayo’s face “… emm, I can do it for you here if you could get the necessary equipment from the Hospital store.” Toyin suggested

Three days after their discussion, Tayo was sent packing from the hospital when the hospital CCTV captured her lifting abortion equipment from the store. The senior nurse who pleaded for her was rebuked and reminded the ethics of practice. Hence, she was disappointed in her and even signed her disqualification letter. After then, Tayo went home and her dad stoned her and rebuffed her never to return to his house. Her last resort was Toyin’s house before she decided what to do with Tunde.

Tayo decided to abort the pregnancy that has made her a subject of ridicule; she went to another hospital far away from where she was relieved of her duty to abort the pregnancy. She vowed that that would be her last time and would start her life afresh and continue with the promise she laid down for her parents.

“You cannot abort this pregnancy because your myometrium is not in good shape. You may bleed to death from complications.” Doctor told her. She shook her head pitifully.

“Doctor, but I am not ready to mother a bastard. Ple…pleas… please do something,” Tayo stammered.

“You can’t mother a child but could open legs to make babies? Don’t try it that is my opinion.” The doctor turned to her system and continued her work. Tayo sat there dumbfounded and lost in thought.

“If you go to a quack to abort it, you will not only terminate the baby but your life.” The doctor said telling her to leave so she could attend to other patients.

“Doctor, please, what should I do? I have been rejected.”

“Go and bring the guy who impregnated you and I will start from there.” She replied.
She left the hospital crying.

Afterward, a nurse entered the office and asked why the lady that left was crying. The doctor replied, “She is not ready to be a mum but can open her thigh for men of different kind, children of nowadays have ruined the world.”

note: ghost readers are liable to die young and go to hell- Federal government warns (drop a comment, please)
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by Ann2012(f): 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2019
Just imagine the rubbish

Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (Reply)

When An Angel Sings / Poetic Rendition Of Ekiti Monkeys & Others At ANA Lagos Meeting! / 21 Reasons Why English Is Hard To Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.