Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned (13055 Views)

50 Shallow Graves Discovered In The House Of Uduak Who Killed Umoren In Akwaibom / Tinubu: Fani-kayode Speaks On Attack Of Igbos In Lagos / Throwback Picture Of Jonathan Campaigning In Akwaibom In 2015. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2019
Osaze007:
Mumu western region eastern region o is a British creation

Criminal tendencies.

Why will you write in-between my submission.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by wordcat(m): 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
So, why don't you focus on your liberation rather force everyone to believe in your own idea of liberation.

I believe every tribe in southern Nigeria today have educated people who can speak for them.

Nobody is forcing anything on you. The call for referendum is not a call for war.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Iamgrey5(m): 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Let's stop being mischievous.

There is nothing like southern tribe. Such doesn't exist. SW is a political manoeuvre.

Yorubas are fully domiciled in WEST and history , map and logic proves me right, nothing like SW.

You rather say Western tribes..

Actually there's a thing like southwest if you study the map properly. And if you study the Vegetation and weather conditions of the Southern part of Nigeria.

Even in history, we have more communications with tribes in the Southern part of Nigeria than any other region.

Oramiyan is the Fifth Oni of ife, the first Oba of Benin and the first Alafin of Oyo in the order.

Oba of Benin will later start a revolution of obaship in other southern region of Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Iamgrey5(m): 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
wordcat:

Nobody is forcing anything on you. The call for referendum is not a call for war.
Why calll for referendum where it's not demanded?
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2019
Osaze007:

Edo & yoruba are similar but not the same
Remember we & delta were once part of western region should ng go its separate way we will have a quasi arrangement with Yorubas or go with Niger delta minorities

You can go with both Yorubas and Niger delta.

Anyone, you guys deem fit, no problem.

Is welcomed.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Iamgrey5(m): 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

We have stated clearly here that Edo state is a Yoruba state as well and as seen.

Both are similar culturally language wise, dressing name it in whatever way.

You cannot name Yorubas state and won't add Edo state.

Politically they align and have same school of thought.

All my post I have always maintained that.

Finally, even me as an Igbo don't need love from anybody. It adds nothing to my life

But that won't stop me to point out facts the way I want it.

Edo and Yorubas are same people.

Case closed.
Edos and Yorubas are not the same

We are good neighbours but quite different from each other.

We don't speak the same language neither do we have the same culture.

Although we respect each other.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:

Actually there's a thing like southwest if you study the map properly. And if you study the Vegetation and weather conditions of the Southern part of Nigeria.

Even in history, we have more communications with tribes in the Southern part of Nigeria than any other region.

Oramiyan is the Fifth Oni of ife, the first Oba of Benin and the first Alafin of Oyo in the order.

Oba of Benin will later start a revolution of obaship in other southern region of Nigeria.

I fully agree of you guys relationship but predominantly , infact only with Edo state and Itshekiri..if I may put it this way.

Also don't rule out Benin republic and Togo, infact o dare say apart from Edo, the next People you guys share communications more with are them...and more of westward also.

But it should be west in bold not that SW. ..is still not convincing.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Edos and Yorubas are not the same
We are good neighbours but quite different from each other.
We don't speak the same language neither do we have the same culture.
Although we respect each other.
They are same right from Obaship to the last history you can think of.

I can't use because of frictions and not say the truth.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Iamgrey5(m): 8:29pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I fully agree of you guys relationship but predominantly , infact only with Edo state and Itshekiri..if I may put it this way.

Also don't rule out Benin republic and Togo, infact o dare say apart from Edo, the next People you guys share communications more with are them...and more of westward also.

But it should be west in bold not that SW. ..is still not convincing.
We had communications with both ijaw and Urobo, or why do you think some ijaws are in Ondo bearing Yoruba names?

And even the Olukumis travelled all the way from Owo to the present day Ika (igbo group in Delta state) territory in present Day Delta state

Elsewhere in Nigeria, we had interactions with Nupe( known as Tapa in Yoruba land), we had connections with Hausas, Fulani, Igala and Ebira people.

Of course because of the Oyo empire we had conquered the neighbouring Fon people in present day Benin republic and forced them to pay royalties to the King in Oyo until they revolted.

We have also journeyed very near the territory of the Ashantis in present northern Togo where Yorubas from Ife helped the local tribes fight invasion from Asantis.

Those Yorubas today are known as ife Togo.

So we definitely have interactions with a lot of tribes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Iamgrey5(m): 8:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

They are same right from Obaship to the last history you can think of.

I can't use because of frictions and not say the truth.
No, We are not the same but we respect the importance of our differences

We also respect each others territories.

Hence, it might look like we are the same to an outsider

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by wordcat(m): 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Why calll for referendum where it's not demanded?

Not demanded

In a country where Merit is sacrifice in the alter of quota system and man know man;

In a country where the uneducated are leading the educated;

No more replies.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Kapilta(m): 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2019
letusbepieces:
BIAFRA WILL NEVER BE WAT A YORUBA MAN DESIRE.

THE MINUTE WE GET THE GREEN LIGHT TO PROCEED, BIAFRA WILL TAKE THE ENTIRE EASTERN MINORITIES, STATES IN THE MIDDLE-BELT LIKE KOGI, BENUE AND TRARABA.

U NEED TO GET IT INTO YOUR HEADS, BECOS BIAFRA WILL BE MOST OF YOUR HEART BREAK.

WE KEEP DISCOVERING EVIDENCE THAT WILL BE UESD TO INVOKE OUR TERRITORIES, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE OCCUPANTS.

BAKASSI WAS GIVEN TO CAMEROON DESPITE THE PEOPLE CLAIMING NIGERIA.

WAT HAPPENED, THE PEOPLE WERE ASKED TO LEAVE THE LAND, AND GO BACK TO NIGERIA.

WE WILL EVEN COME TO ONDO TO DRAW BORDER.
seriously, you'll only stop there at Ondo? You won't take Lagos with you?

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Osaze007: 8:37pm On Oct 05, 2019
Kapilta:
seriously, you'll only stop there at Ondo? You won't take Lagos with you?

Haq haq
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
We had communications with both ijaw and Urobo, or why do you think some ijaws are in Ondo bearing Yoruba names?

Nothing like that , just give thanks to Obasanjo on that.

And even the Olukumis travelled all the way from Owo to the present day Ika (igbo group in Delta state) territory in present Day Delta state

There are no Igbos in Delta state. They are anioma. They all migrated from benin, present day Edo state.

Elsewhere in Nigeria, we had interactions with Nupe( known as Tapa in Yoruba land), we had connections with Hausas, Fulani, Igala and Ebira people.

Of course because of the Oyo empire we had conquered the neighbouring Fon people in present day Benin republic and forced them to pay royalties to the King in Oyo until they revolted.

We have also journeyed very near the territory of the Ashantis in present northern Togo where Yorubas from Ife helped the local tribes fight invasion from Asantis.

Those Yorubas today are known as ife Togo.

So we definitely have interactions with a lot of tribes.

The interactions is strictly limited to Edo state and Togo/Benin republic.

Any found in kogi is due to proximity to ekiti state and kwara is also due to proximity to odun states.

So there is no lots of tribe here.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Iamgrey5(m): 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2019
wordcat:

Not demanded

In a country where Merit is sacrifice in the alter of quota system and man know man;

In a country where the uneducated are leading the educated;

No more replies.
Has it ever occurred to you that you are not the only one aware of all this information you posted.

Has it also ever occurred to you that others might have a different approach to solve their problems which is quite different from yours.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
No, We are not the same but we respect the importance of our differences

We also respect each others territories.

Hence, it might look like we are the same to an outsider

The issue of territories is extrapolated exaggeration.

If there exist difference between both is not much and not noticeable.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Iamgrey5(m): 8:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

The interactions is strictly limited to Edo state and Togo/Benin republic.

Any found in kogi is due to proximity to ekiti state and kwara is also due to proximity to odun states.

So there is no lots of tribe here.
Lol.

You are kidding right! grin

So you assume some people will be neighbours and still refuse to interact with each other. grin

Even Oshodi in lagos is named after a Nupe. His name is Balogun Tapa Oshodi

Even today, there are Yorubas in Kogi state alongside Ebira and Igala people grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Iamgrey5(m): 8:46pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

The issue of territories is extrapolated exaggeration.

If there exist difference between both is not much and not noticeable.
We are different in so many ways and we respect our differences

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by JonDon12: 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2019
selemempe:
Just keep it real on this thread bro...no games here.

The eastern minorities are starting to piss me off. They have gotten everything from Igbos including large chunks of our territory and votes. We have never fought them or denied them. Abroad e
We take them as Igbos and show them love yorubas will never show them if they don't speak Yoruba.

Now tell me what we have ever got from them in return apart from insult and trolling....why? Because they think Igbos cant do without them? How? Is Rwanda not the fastest growing economy in Africa today even without access to sea or oil?

I know majority of anti-igbo sentiments on this thread would be from yorubas but I don't care because you will still not get even one south south person who would wanna defend us

We dont need the port, we can buy the port. Plus port Harcourt use to be Ibo Land
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Lol.

You are kidding right! grin

So you assume some people will be neighbours and still refuse to interact with each other. grin

Even Oshodi in lagos is named after a Nupe. His name is Balogun Tapa Oshodi

Even today, there are Yorubas in Kogi state alongside Ebira and Igala people grin

Proximity.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Iamgrey5(m): 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Proximity.
So what is your point?

Did the interactions between igbos and other tribes in Nigeria started from heaven? as against as a result of proximity
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Kapilta(m): 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2019
wingmanIII:

You can still trade freely by air. More expensive but feasible especially with the Antov planes.
By the way, you assume Nigeria will remain same if Biafra secedes? I don't think so, even if the South Southerners don't go with Biafra, I doubt if they will remain with Nigeria.
Biafra could still get an agreement with them or even with the South West.
Truth is, if any part of Nigeria secedes, the union will crumble, this is why the owners of Nigeria get hysterical when they hear Biafra.
seems you have sense. They don't want one to go because that will be the end of the country as they know others will follow suit. Buh they lied, wether they like it or not, we are taking back fathersland, the ruins they've caused it is enough.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by wirinet(m): 8:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

That's wonderful, I always advocate for people to have their opinion on their own.

Quickly correcting at bolded, I don't need you to trust me neither do you need me to trust you....Is a two thing.

I hold you guys same way I hold the rest of mankind in times like this enemies and in times of peace friends.

So the issue of trust or no trust is just an off tangent issue. Has your fellow family members trusted you or the other way round to think of external trust.

Deal with internal trust before thinking of others who will hold you same way you hold them...#fact.

As for biafra, It is entirely a south east affair. Putting SS into biafra is like creating another Nigeria that won't work full of lies, deceit, stagnation, tribal politics, tribal sentiments and anything you can name.

Biafra remains a SE factor and so we say SE is biafra and biafra is SE.
Abeg sound it loud and clear to kanu and it's IPOB gang. The minute you quit adding non igbo Niger Deltans to your Biafra the more support you will get from them.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
So what is your point?

Did the interactions between igbos and other tribes in Nigeria started from heaven? as against as a result of proximity

Igbos are not Interacting again...with anybody.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Iamgrey5(m): 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Igbos are not Interacting again...with anybody.
No one is an island

Regardless, it proves my point that we are rightly placed in the southwestern region of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
wirinet:

Abeg sound it loud and clear to kanu and it's IPOB gang. The minute you quit adding non igbo Niger Deltans to your Biafra the more support you will get from them.

The likes of you are the reason I reply harshly to issues.

Edo state was never part of then biafra and no intention.

If any Edo state comes out and be shouting anybody is attaching them to biafra, then Edo just wants to feel relevant and notice.

As far as back 1960s , there is no how Edo state will be in biafra will their current location.

And to this day, I haven't see any pulling Edo state to biafra.

Points made was clear.

I hate unnecessary insecurities when ther is no reason.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
No one is an island

Regardless, it proves my point that we are rightly placed in the southwestern region of Nigeria.

Interactions hasn't yielded anything.

Secondly, you not right on that SW issue.

Dig details and clear the doubt yourself.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Iamgrey5(m): 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Interactions hasn't yielded anything.
Secondly, you not right on that SW issue.
Dig details and clear the doubt yourself.
Ok
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by wirinet(m): 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

The likes of you are the reason I reply harshly to issues.

Edo state was never part of then biafra and no intention.

If any Edo state comes out and be shouting anybody is attaching them to biafra, then Edo just wants to feel relevant and notice.

As far as back 1960s , there is no how Edo state will be in biafra will their current location.

And to this day, I haven't see any pulling Edo state to biafra.

Points made was clear.

I hate unnecessary insecurities when ther is no reason.

Edo state was never part of then biafra but, former Bendel (Edo and delta ) is. Please explain.
Right from the creation of Nigeria, the south east had never been in the same political structure with present delta and Edo states, I don't understand how you guys now want to force the whole of delta into your country.

I can't talk about the former eastern regions that shared the same eastern region with you guys.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Sofistcatdmoron: 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2019
grin
we cone headed afonja morons dint like you biafuras to go, we will not allow it
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
wirinet:

Edo state was never part of then biafra but, former Bendel (Edo and delta ) is. Please explain.
Right from the creation of Nigeria, the south east had never been in the same political structure with present delta and Edo states, I don't understand how you guys now want to force the whole of delta into your country.

I can't talk about the former eastern regions that shared the same eastern region with you guys.

As I replied someone earlier before, I get am before no be property. That we are here is not same as today.

Sometimes I found some statements strange to understand because is not understandable.

Delta state as a whole is a fabricated lies from Nigeria because am yet to read or see such where delta is pulled to biafra.

If I can recollect vividly,it was only asaba axis and by extension surrounding neighbor. so saying delta as a whole sounds mischievous same way as Nigeria media do.

Please , you can as well take all, it has not added anything to Igbos as a whole or any special gain in anyway Igbos derived from it.

That's it, nobody claims delta, so you can claim it now and have peace.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by wirinet(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2019
selemempe:
is there not an enclave inside south Africa doing good?

Once Biafra comes, it becomes easy to designate the Niger as an international water.

If u haven't read before you reply then get off this thread with your nonsense and don't worry how Biafra enclave will survive...it's none of your business
So because the coast of a country is designated international waters, the country will not have exclusive economic zone again?

Because a place is designated international waters means every Tom, dìck and Harry can navigate it's rivers without permission?

Go and ask what the Ijaws did to the dredging company that Abacha contracted to dredge the river Niger from the seas to kaduna that was to pass through Onitsha. The Ijaws blatantly refused dredging of their rivers and Abacha could do nothing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

I Shed Tears On Nigerian Roads – Umahi / Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande / Nobody Paid For Our Private Jet- Senate Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.