Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned (13054 Views)

50 Shallow Graves Discovered In The House Of Uduak Who Killed Umoren In Akwaibom / Tinubu: Fani-kayode Speaks On Attack Of Igbos In Lagos / Throwback Picture Of Jonathan Campaigning In Akwaibom In 2015. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Kapilta(m): 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
justbusy:
Hypocrite! You're talking about morals! When you were denigrating against the Igbos, you lost your sense of morality! The Igbos feed you, your dad, your mum, your siblings and your entire village! Without the Igbos, Nigeria will cease to exist! The Yorubas know of this as "factual." Hence, the reason they fight tooth and nail to frustrate the efforts of IPOB, vis-a-vis Biafran independence! The senseless ones on NL call us Biafra, ipad, ipod just to kill that BIAFRAN spirits in us! May God continue to bless Biafrans and their Israeli ally!
Akwa ibom Igbo create thread, you people sha one way or the other drag Peaceful Yoruba to it. Wetin be una problem with Yoruba? How Yoruba dey frustrate your freedom? Na we send Oju iku to lead your papas and mamas to unnecessary death? We dey here dey fight our own battle, we no dey blame anybody as we dey push. Buh for una, if e no be Yoruba, e go be British or Lugard. You sure say una no dey curse like dis?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by YungMillionaire: 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2019
wingmanIII:

You can still trade freely by air. More expensive but feasible especially with the Antov planes.
By the way, you assume Nigeria will remain same if Biafra secedes? I don't think so, even if the South Southerners don't go with Biafra, I doubt if they will remain with Nigeria.
Biafra could still get an agreement with them or even with the South West.
Truth is, if any part of Nigeria secedes, the union will crumble, this is why the owners of Nigeria get hysterical when they hear Biafra.

shocked You will get agreement with Yoruas the way you insult them up and down in this forum? shocked

Don't quote me with rubbish please, I am not Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Osaze007: 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
YungMillionaire:

shocked You will get agreement with Yoruas the way you insult them up and down in this forum? shocked

Don't quote me with rubbish please, I am not Yoruba.

You have observed they insult Yorubas and other southerners

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by YungMillionaire: 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
I do not trust Igbos either HOWEVER lets be honest and fair. Anyone who says that there are no indigenous Igbo people in (AkwaIbom, CrossRiver, Delta, Edo and Benue) is either ignorant or dishonest. Therefore, in my own opinion, I see nothing wrong in carving those areas out of Nigeria to join with the 5 SE states to form their Biafra. That would be fair. Unfortunately, for Igbos secession is not based on fairness. What you ask for is not what you get. In fact, I would be very surprised if ALL the 5 SE states agree to join Biafra at the beginning. My two cents.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Kapilta(m): 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Bro, I am always surprised to see some Edo folks or Ediod people attack Yorubas on Nairaland because all of the Edo I have come across always respect Yorubas and vice versa.

I can't say we Youbas are trusted or loved more than igbos in Ediod part of the south south but certainly not as hated as igbos will like to think.

We have always maintained a peaceful relationship with Ediod people in general.
when they mostly bear our names. The only problem most of them in Yorubaland have and reason they always accuse Yoruba of being tribal is just because we value our tradition and language so much and anyone that doesn't fit in is quickly thrown out. I'm guilty of very same thing even here, i hardly talk to non yorubas(i mean outside o) not because i hate them buh because i'm addicted to my language and my tradition and others(tribes) always seems odd to me hence not easy relating to them. There is this Fulani boy from Katsina that we relate very well, you'll take him for my relative and reason is because he lived in Akure before so he's used to my traditions and we always speak yoruba all the time.

Yorubas are not tribal, we just uphold our culture too much at the detriment of relationship with others.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by YungMillionaire: 10:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
SLAP44:

If Nigeria is sure Biafra will not succeed, they would have divided the country since 1970. The only reason for the forced union is that the SW and the north are completely dependent on SE and SS oil and ideas to succeed.

SS has oil? Yes.
SE oil? For where?

SS and SE ideas? WTF?!
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by YungMillionaire: 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2019
imhotep:
Long live Igbo groups in Akwa Ibom.
Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed slap44 iceberg3 cletus77 Metaphysical

Yes, there are Igbo indigenes in AKS BUT the way you are going about it is childish and counterproductive. Desist from this approach otherwise you will cause problems for innocent people.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Kapilta(m): 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Let's stop being mischievous.

There is nothing like southern tribe. Such doesn't exist. SW is a political manoeuvre.

Yorubas are fully domiciled in WEST and history , map and logic proves me right, nothing like SW.

You rather say Western tribes..
in as much as i agree with you on that part where you state "SW is a political manoeuvre." i totally disagree with you using name such as west to represent a tribe, by usng west you are automatically agreeing on same thin you rebuke initially, have you forgoten there are some people present in the West(North)?

So i'd advice you use our right identity next time. Thanks.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Yes, there are Igbo indigenes in AKS BUT the way you are going about it is childish and counterproductive. Desist from this approach otherwise you will cause problems for innocent people.
What exactly are you trying to say grin

Cc lzaa

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by YungMillionaire: 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
justbusy:
In Northern Nigeria, over 96 percent of the people are without brains! -------Donald Trump.

The man you are quoting, does he have brain himself?

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by YungMillionaire: 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2019
imhotep:

What exactly are you trying to say grin

Cc lzaa

I am saying approach this issue with tact instead of using instigation. If you want to carve Igbo land in AKS into your future Biafra, you will NEED the support of Akwa-Ibomites.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
YungMillionaire:

I am saying approach this issue with tact instead of using instigation. If you want to carve Igbo land in AKS into your future Biafra, you will NEED the support of Akwa-Ibomites.
But it's perfectly ok for AKS to grab Igbo lands abi grin

Lzaa come and hear grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by YungMillionaire: 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2019
imhotep:

But it's perfectly ok for AKS to grab Igbo lands abi grin

Lzaa come and hear grin

What are you saying? The land is currently in AKS. Unless you truly believe you can take it back by insulting them otherwise use your brain.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
YungMillionaire:

What are you saying? The land is currently in AKS. Unless you truly believe you can take it back by insulting them otherwise use your brain.
Receive Sense

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by YungMillionaire: 10:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
imhotep:

Receive Sense

Guy be practical. How do you intend to get the land back into SE? By insults?
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Guy be practical. How do you intend to get the land back into SE? By insults?
The land is in the SE already grin

Cc lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by LegendHero(m): 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2019
So this issue is still trending right. Nice one from the SS’ners, at least you’re setting the record straight.

I know the SS and the SE share some blood of brotherhood, but even in the face of friendship it’s good to always set the record straight when you see your brother is trying to take you for a fool and going all out to oppress you.

The Igbos in their show of superiority always think they can suppress the will of the average SS’ners, it may sound awkward but they always try to project it in a way that they are sub-superior to them and that can also be seen to manifest on this thread.

Ask yourself, what exactly does the SS need you? The Igbos needs the SS more than the SS’ners need them? Just like how Nigeria needs the SS’ners more.

Even if Biafra is allowed to be conceived with the SS included in it, the writings are already on the wall that the Igbos will try all they can to dominate all the ethnic minorities and it might turn be a case of Igbos behaving as the fulanis in Biafra.

The reason is because, the Igbos are homogenous tribe and the rest of the minorities are scattered, Ibibio, Edo, Itsekiri, Ijaw, Urhobo, etc., that means the Igbos can easily divide them to always maintain superiority and lord over them for eternity.

It’s just common sense and this is also part of what Adaka Boro saw then that made him call for secession from the defunct eastern region. For the Igbos to put the SS in their Biafra, they have to show some respect to the SS’ner because those guys (SS) are golden and they have the resources to become the Dubai of Africa.

I’m Yoruba before anyone tries to attack me, I’m just giving my opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by YungMillionaire: 10:40pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

That's wonderful.

Edo state remains a village till tomorrow.

Edo state a village? how?
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by YungMillionaire: 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2019
imhotep:

The land is in the SE already grin

Cc lzaa

So AKS is a SE state?
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by YungMillionaire: 10:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
wirinet:

Edo state was never part of then biafra but, former Bendel (Edo and delta ) is. Please explain.
Right from the creation of Nigeria, the south east had never been in the same political structure with present delta and Edo states, I don't understand how you guys now want to force the whole of delta into your country.

I can't talk about the former eastern regions that shared the same eastern region with you guys.
But wait, what about the Delta Igbos?
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by allcomage: 10:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
hustleranthem:
Niger delta has all it takes to be a successful republic so we don't need any validation from Biafra to succeed. I wish you good luck though but it is also highly impossicant for Biafra to break out without any form of resistance. Do you have what it takes to withstand the wrath of the Nigerian millitary? Of course you don't.
Do you know that Igbo are the largest tribe in the Niger delta you are parroting?9 local government in delta state and 65% in rivers state? And some in all the States in the so called Niger delta. What do you say about it?
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Akponmfet: 10:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

That's wonderful, I always advocate for people to have their opinion on their own.

Quickly correcting at bolded, I don't need you to trust me neither do you need me to trust you....Is a two thing.

I hold you guys same way I hold the rest of mankind in times like this enemies and in times of peace friends.

So the issue of trust or no trust is just an off tangent issue. Has your fellow family members trusted you or the other way round to think of external trust.

Deal with internal trust before thinking of others who will hold you same way you hold them...#fact.

As for biafra, It is entirely a south east affair. Putting SS into biafra is like creating another Nigeria that won't work full of lies, deceit, stagnation, tribal politics, tribal sentiments and anything you can name.

Biafra remains a SE factor and so we say SE is biafra and biafra is SE.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by pazienza(m): 10:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
wirinet:

Edo state was never part of then biafra but, former Bendel (Edo and delta ) is. Please explain.
Right from the creation of Nigeria, the south east had never been in the same political structure with present delta and Edo states, I don't understand how you guys now want to force the whole of delta into your country.

I can't talk about the former eastern regions that shared the same eastern region with you guys.

Lies.
Until 1938 Bernard Bourdlion creation of Eastern and Western regions, SE was in same political structure as Delta state.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Akponmfet: 11:00pm On Oct 05, 2019
GOOD.
We all know it's an Igbo thing,stop insulting us by putting us into your useless map.
Goodluck with your landlocked Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by hustleranthem(m): 11:04pm On Oct 05, 2019
allcomage:

Do you know that Igbo are the largest tribe in the Niger delta you are parroting?9 local government in delta state and 65% in rivers state? And some in all the States in the so called Niger delta. What do you say about it?
What I know is the Delta ibos don't really associate themselves with Biafra so it will be difficult for them to accept an alliance.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by pazienza(m): 11:08pm On Oct 05, 2019
Igbo speaking communities share boundaries with every single important ethnic group in SS, baring Itsekiri.

The Ukwuani/Ndokwa who are Igboid speakers share boundaries with Urhobo and Isoko.
Infact, the Urhobo town of Orogun is bilingual in Urhobo and Igboid (Ukwuani), their traditional ruler is called Okpala uku. There are many Isoko speaking enclaves within Ndokwa.
Igbide an Isoko town was founded by Igbo speakers from Mgidi Imo state.
The Ibani Ijaws share blood with Ndoki Igbos. The Annang are neighbors to the Ikwuano in Abia state, while Ibibios are Ngwa neighbours.

The Esan and Bini are Neighbors to the Igboid Ika and we even have Igboid speaking Igbanke as part of Edo state.

The Ogoja share boundaries with the Ikwo/Izzi/Ezza Igbo clusters.
The EFIKs are neighbors to Arochukwu, Abiriba and Ututu of Abia state.
The Ogonis are neighbors to the Ndoki Igbos in Rivers state.

We have the Igbo speaking Isobo tribe indigenous to Obubra LGA of Cross River state.

The only thing uniting the entire SS is contact with Igbo/Igboid speaking neighbors, seeing as Cross River is no longer oil producing, and Edo has no coastline. We(Ndiigbo) are basically in their faces.

This is for those asking for what Ndiigbo have in common with groups in SS.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by pazienza(m): 11:15pm On Oct 05, 2019
However, I strongly believe that a Biafra between Ndiigbo and SS minorities will end up as disastrous as South Sudan.
It doesn't make any sense for Ndiigbo to escape a babel of confusion called Nigeria, only to entangle unborn Igbo generations with another encumbrance by getting cobbled together with the myriads of ethnic groups in SS.

I personally only subscribe to an Igbo-Igboid only Biafra, between SE and willing (They will only be incorporated into Biagra if they indicate interest to join , as I don't support forceful annexation. ) Igbo speaking communities in SS.

Under such a country, we can elevate Igbo language to a lingual franca, build the nation on Igbo based cultural values and social orientations , without any one shouting of Igbo domination. It will be a befitting homogeneous nation, worthy of being handed over to our successors.

We can always maintain cordial relationship with our Minorities neighbours and partner with them in ventures of mutual interest.

Ka Chineke Mezie Okwu.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by horsepower101: 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
pazienza:
However, I strongly believe that a Biafra between Ndiigbo and SS minorities will end up as disastrous as South Sudan.
It doesn't make any sense for Ndiigbo to escape a babel of confusion called Nigeria, only to entangle unborn Igbo generations with another encumbrance by getting cobbled together with the myriads of ethnic groups in SS.

I personally only subscribe to an Igbo-Igboid only Biafra, between SE and willing (They must only be accepted if they come to us) Igbo speaking communities in SS.

Under such a country, we can elevate Igbo language to a lingual franca, build the nation on Igbo based cultural values and social orientations , without any one shouting of Igbo domination. It will be a befitting homogeneous nation, worthy of being handed over to our successors.

We can always maintain cordial relationship with our Minorities neighbours and partner with them in ventures of mutual interest.

Ka Chineke Mezie Okwu.

supported 100%.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by wirinet(m): 11:20pm On Oct 05, 2019
pazienza:

Lies.
Until 1938 Bernard Bourdlion creation of Eastern and Western regions, SE was in same political structure as Delta state.
Please read up on colonial administration of Nigeria instead of making conjectures based on wishes.
Asaba was in fact the first the first unofficial capital of the southern protectorate. Asaba was a division under the benin province.
All other eastern areas were under the Onitsha and owerri provinces.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Iamgrey5(m): 11:22pm On Oct 05, 2019
pazienza:

Lies.
interesting! So a SE existed before 1938?
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by pazienza(m): 11:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
wirinet:

Please read up on colonial administration of Nigeria instead of making conjectures based on wishes.
Asaba was in fact the first the first unofficial capital of the southern protectorate. Asaba was a division under the benin province.
All other eastern areas were under the Onitsha and owerri provinces.

Asaba was never a capital of Southern protectorate.

Southern protectorate had two capitals in its history.
Prior to Sir Egerton almagamation of Lagos Colony (SW) with Southern protectorate (SE and SS) in 1906, Calabar was the capital of Southern protectorate.
But after the 1906 almagamation, the capital of Southern Nigeria was shifted to Lagos.

Asaba has always been an Igbo speaking town and hosted the first Igbo language conference held before 1914 almagamation of Nigeria.

Better know your territory.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by pazienza(m): 11:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
interesting! So a SE existed before 1938?

I mean the area called SE today. This should be self explanatory.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigeria Fully Capable Of Dealing With Banditry, Terrorism - Presidency / Cryptocurrency, Old Naira Notes, Other Buhari’s Policies Reversed By Tinubu / We Paid N250,000 Each For Government Jobs – Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.