Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,168 members, 7,953,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:06 PM

Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned (13708 Views)

Tinubu: Fani-kayode Speaks On Attack Of Igbos In Lagos / Throwback Picture Of Jonathan Campaigning In Akwaibom In 2015. / APC Hate Igbos In Lagos - Jimi Agbaje Of The PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Exc2000: 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2019
wingmanIII:

Off course!!
What has north hitting jackpot got to do with SE?

then perhaps you dont jump into conversation, without checking what lead to it
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by selemempe: 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
Tolexander:
what is Dangote’s asset?
What is the value of Adenuga’s asset?
Those ones are not significant in international politics.
They will go and settle that in the international court of arbitration.
It is up to the individuals (Dangote and Otedola), not Nigerian government to negotiate their stands and values with the Biafran government. There are also Igbo assets to be forfeited to Nigerian government. Win and lose case.

During the civil war, why were all the properties left by the ndigbo labeled abandoned properties?
Ojukwu came back from exile to claim the property bequeathed to him, Villaska Lodge, in the famous Ojukwu vs Attorney-General of Lagos State, after he was evicted from the lodge by the state government.
If Biafra has succeeded, would he have the effrontery to claim the property?

Concerning the bolded. I said countries that seceded in the mid 20th century, Ireland seceded from the UK during that period?
Ethiopian and Eritrean politics, who seceded?
Ethiopia or Eritrea?
Since 1991 when Eritrea eventually got the independence from Ethiopia, they just agreed on a final peace last year (2018)
Ethiopia is a far bigger nation than Eritrea, Ethiopia became landlocked, no access to the sea. Ethiopia needs Eritrea farther than Eritrean needs Ethiopia. Ethiopia has been using force for long and not working, hence the need for armistice.

From your post, Biafra needs Nigerian waterway than Nigeria needs Biafra. War against Nigerian government is the surest way to claim the Nigerian territory as far as the Atlantic Ocean.

I am done with you. Are you not the dude who didn't know zik was senate President in 1st October 1960? If you don't know common history that anybody can find out in a minute on the internet, is it matters of diplomacy done behind closed doors that you will know?
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Tolexander: 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2019
selemempe:
[s]I am done with you. Are you not the dude who didn't know zik was senate President in 1st October 1960? If you don't know common history that anybody can find out in a minute on the internet, is it matters of diplomacy done behind closed doors that you will know?[/s]
Gibberish
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by honourhim: 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
Exc2000:

that is your issue with north init? why not take it up with northerners.. Cos here in south we know you are leeches and parasite, a big burden on Southern Nigeria

You know we are a burden yet you cant chase us away from your land? Shame on you since you cant do it. Big shame on you that is still selling your land to us.

Whether you gave C of O or not is nonsensiical since we are using it to make money. If i buy land from you at 500k and above and use it to make millions of naira profit over the years, wetin concern me with your C of O?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Conner44: 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
hustleranthem:
Niger delta has all it takes to be a successful republic so we don't need any validation from Biafra to succeed. I wish you good luck though but it is also highly impossicant for Biafra to break out without any form of resistance. Do you have what it takes to withstand the wrath of the Nigerian millitary? Of course you don't.

No oh, Biafra can’t stand them But boko haram does grin They have been dealing with the Nigerian military for close to 10 years and counting lol

The fact is that the day another group picks arms against the government is the day the military will be overpowered. Nigeria will start begging foreign allies for help to quell any internal flames.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by selemempe: 2:22pm On Oct 05, 2019
Tolexander:
Gibberish

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Successdude(m): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2019
when you re in a public forum as this, if you are educated you'll agree u needn't be arrogant in talks as this.

Whence cometh the rationale in using the abusive word 'silly' ?

honourhim:

I am silly .
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Exc2000: 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
honourhim:

You know we are a burden yet you cant chase us away from your land? Shame on you since you cant do it. Big shame on you that is still selling your land to us.

Whether you gave C of O or not is nonsensiical since we are using it to make money. If i buy land from you at 500k and above and use it to make millions of naira profit over the years, wetin concern me with your C of O?

we gladly sent you to lagoon, but you all came begging, we even flogged you while trying to vote yet you stayed like mario...

as for the land you bought.. so long you pay your dues to bale and omo onile then you are free or else you would be ejected

so las las baboon they work for our land we they enjoy and develop our region

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by hustleranthem(m): 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
Conner44:

No oh, Biafra can’t stand them But boko haram does grin They have been dealing with the Nigerian military for close to 10 years and counting lol

The fact is that the day another group picks arms against the government is the day the military will be overpowered. Nigeria will start begging foreign allies for help to quell any internal flames.

I knew you would mention Boko Haram. I am talking about Biafra forces. Because even in Niger Delta, we have the millitants and they are very brutal. What does Biafra have to withstand any resistance? That's the question I have for you.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by RussianKGB: 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2019
Is this another form of unity begging?

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Tolexander: 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

No effect at all.

If that is the case, what of those with investment in Spain, Sudan before it was south and north..They will lose all.

Things don't work that way.

Is only in Nigeria that such thought is been used to suppressed.
I'm sorry bro, I don’t really understand you o
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by selemempe: 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2019
Exc2000:

almost all region has oil prospects so this means akwa ibom could produce more, and North might it the jackpot
kid doesn't know that Akwaibom oil is offshore...chai..the kids we argue with. Yoro Moslems are really a menace
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Tolexander: 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2019
omenka:
Baba don provoke! grin grin grin
lol bro.

So annoying arguing with an ignoramus now grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by AdoIfHitlerr(f): 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:

we gladly sent you to lagoon, but you all came begging, we even flogged you while trying to vote yet you stayed like mario...

as for the land you bought.. so long you pay your dues to bale and omo onile then you are free or else you would be ejected

so las las baboon they work for our land we they enjoy and develop our region
[/s]
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Exc2000: 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2019
selemempe:
kid doesn't know that Akwaibom oil is offshore...chai..the kids we argue with. Yoro Moslems are really a menace

Ofshore or onshore so long its not in the international waters then Akwa ibom owns it... dont be childish and act as if you dont know this (even Dunce do)... lagos/folawiyo oil is ofshore same as many OML in Ondo , still they collect thier 13% derivatives init? Ipobians aint to bright

no wonder people reject them

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2019
Tolexander:
I'm sorry bro, I don’t really understand you o

No effect at all.

If that is the case, what of those with investment in Spain, Sudan before it was south and north..They will lose all.

Is only in Nigeria that such thought is been used to suppress things that are right.

If countries or units can stand alone before the arrival of British, then they can still do if the same estate is disintegrated today.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by AdoIfHitlerr(f): 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:

then perhaps you dont jump into conversation, without checking what lead to it
[/s]
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by AdoIfHitlerr(f): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:

Ofshore or onshore so long its not in the international waters then Akwa ibom owns it... dont be childish and act a you dont know this... lagos/folawiyo oil is ofshore same as many OML in Ondo , still they collect thier 13% derivatives init? Ipobians aint to bright

no wonder people reject them
[/s]
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by wirinet(m): 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2019
Ekpeitit:
The truth is bitter but I will tell you anyway.
We trust Hausa people more than Igbos.
Relationships are built on trust and you can't build a relationship with any other tribe because they don't trust you.
It's sad but it's true.
I prefer to deal with Hausa people than Igbo people because we all know Igbo people are worse,Hausas are more honest.
That's why an Igbo man can never and will never be president of Nigeria.
Sad but that's the bitter truth. The average non igbo Niger deltans trust the Hausa fulani more than the igbos, even more than the Yorubas.
It is the belief that once you reach a gentleman's agreement with the Hausa Fulanis, you can be rest assured that he will not cheat or circumvent the agreement. That cannot be said for our igbo and yoruba brothers, they will most certainly circumvent the agreement and cheat you.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Conner44: 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
hustleranthem:
I knew you would mention Boko Haram. I am talking about Biafra forces. Because even in Niger Delta, we have the millitants and they are very brutal. What does Biafra have to withstand any resistance? That's the question I have for you.

If you check very well you’d see that Biafra last took up arms during the civil war, it was fierce with both divides taking heavy casualties along the way for 3 whole straight years before there was a cease fire/surrender.

Since then Biafra kept down weapons and instead decided to utilize diplomacy in one way or the other.

Niger delta militants and Biafra has no single thing linking them together in operation and ideals. For you to keep comparing them to each other makes no sense.

Niger delta militants steal, kill, kidnap etc. do you really want Biafra to start operating in these same capacity before you believe they are strong enough to decide to try and take what they want with force again?

People died in that way, millions from both the Nigerian and Biafra side. Why it’s more telling on the igbos is because they were fighting against the rest of the country and had to sustain the most casualties.

Yorubas, Hausas, Fulani, ibibio etc people also perished but their numbers won’t be so much because it was diluted with the mixed Nigerian forces and allies during the war.

The militants you praise always lurked in the creeks and shadows except when they came out to either kidnap, collect ransom or blow pipelines. Are they the heroes you are hyping?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by SLAP44: 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
Exc2000:

I tripple dare your protesters to goto National Assembly and your Governors lodge to protest "Peacefully" if you aint cowards and i promise we would mobilise our own legislatures to sign the referendum bill before 6 months

6 months.
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by AdoIfHitlerr(f): 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
justbusy:
You don't have to strike out those comments: They came from mentally retarde.d yoruba guys! Those who started like them on NL have gone to their early graves! Leave them, such fate awaits them too! What will Nigeria become without the Igbos?
thanks but it gives me joy striking them cool
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Danzysb(m): 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2019
Exc2000:

hahahahaaa!!! pained ibos crying on my mention after seeing fact.. youcant develop your tiny 5 states you are making mouth lol iberiberism

you think economy is about petty tradin? what exactly does ibos produce to earn forex to boost GDP excet to rely on oil forex to import inferior trash and drugs

afonja and their ignorance though......south east has most of it's estates and industries built by indegenes,Mr yologba from waste land doesn't it bother you that after having our land in the east destroyed from the civil war,we are competing and are even better than nigeriaslns of other regions,while yologba just focused on omonile and skull mining businesses,and you are here opening your ewedu mouth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by SLAP44: 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2019
wirinet:

Sad but that's the bitter truth. The average non igbo Niger deltans trust the Hausa fulani more than the igbos, even more than the Yorubas.
It is the belief that once you reach a gentleman's agreement with the Hausa Fulanis, you can be rest assured that he will not cheat or circumvent the agreement. That cannot be said for our igbo and yoruba brothers, they will most certainly circumvent the agreement and cheat you.

Keep deceiving little children, the way SS and SE are voting together is the way their destiny is linked together. SS hates APC because it's dominated by northerners and the SW.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by SLAP44: 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
Danzysb:

afonja and their ignorance though......south east has most of it's estates and industries built by indegenes,Mr yologba from waste land doesn't it bother you that after having our land in the east destroyed from the civil war,we are competing and are even better than nigeriaslns of other regions,while yologba just focused on omonile and skull mining businesses,and you are here opening your ewedu mouth.

Tell them. We roll on in wealth despite everything. The SW with all their grab on b power is still dependent on FG to pay salaries.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Exc2000: 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
Danzysb:

typical chestbeater... no wonder all tribes rejected you lol

well for your information, Adenuga can buy all your estates and industry, buy off your state, pay you allocation for 5 years and still be richer than all ibo millionaires put together

1 Like

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Tolexander: 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

No effect at all.

Is only in Nigeria that such thought is been used to suppress things that are right.

If countries or units can stand alone before the arrival of British, then they can still do if the same estate is disintegrated today.
First of all, no south or north Spain.

Second, South Sudan seceded and hasn’t got her politics right.

Many nations weren’t standing for long pre colonial period, there were many exertion of power over territories to form empires.
Moreover, the international trade and politics weren’t as defined as this then
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by wirinet(m): 2:45pm On Oct 05, 2019
SLAP44:

Keep deceiving little children, the way SS and SE are voting together is the way their destiny is linked together. SS hates APC because it's dominated by northerners and the SW.
So voting patterns of the last two general elections is the yardstick you use to link SS and SE destinies together? Interesting.

It was all about Ebele Goodluck Jonathan. Since you guys adopted him as your only begotten son, the Niger delta has not problem allying with the igbos. But what has happened since the last elections, APC has been making inroads into the Nigerdelta, starting with Edo.

Now, let the south east present a core igbo presidential candidate and the North present an Hausa fulani candidate and see what happens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by AdoIfHitlerr(f): 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:

typical chestbeater... no wonder all tribes rejected you lol

well for your information, Adenuga can buy all your estates and industry, buy off your state, pay you allocation for 5 years and still be richer than all ibo millionaires put together
[/s]
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2019
AdoIfHitlerr:
thanks but it gives me joy striking them cool
OK, thanks too!
Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by SLAP44: 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2019
wirinet:

So voting patterns of the last two general elections is the yardstick you use to link SS and SE destinies together? Interesting.

Of course that's the most recent parameter to decide what will happen. Goodluck Jonathan was not on the ballot and the SS and SE voted together. The two regions are linked by blood and there's nothing you outsiders can do about it.

There was a time ijaws thought that the north were their allies till Abacha hung Saro wiwa to death. Herdsmen has killed thousands of SS people than the civil war Nigerian mortars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos In Akwaibom: Lessons Learned by hustleranthem(m): 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
Conner44:

If you check very well you’d see that Biafra last took up arms during the civil war, it was fierce with both divides taking heavy casualties along the way for 3 whole straight years before there was a cease fire/surrender.

Since then Biafra kept down weapons and instead decided to utilize diplomacy in one way or the other.

Niger delta militants and Biafra has no single thing linking them together in operation and ideals. For you to keep comparing them to each other makes no sense.

Niger delta militants steal, kill, kidnap etc. do you really want Biafra to start operating in these same capacity before you believe they are strong enough to decide to try and take what they want with force again?

People died in that way, millions from both the Nigerian and Biafra side. Why it’s more telling on the igbos is because they were fighting against the rest of the country and had to sustain the most casualties.

Yorubas, Hausas, Fulani, ibibio etc people also perished but their numbers won’t be so much because it was diluted with the mixed Nigerian forces and allies during the war.

The militants you praise always lurked in the creeks and shadows except when they came out to either kidnap, collect ransom or blow pipelines. Are they the heroes you are hyping?
Las Las everybody go defend their territory.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

NAHCO Chairman, Suleiman Yahyah Resigns On Health Grounds / Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka / Goodluck Jonathan: Progressive Ideas I Championed Were Abolished After My Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.