Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,596 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? (1565 Views)

Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? / WHY Young Ladies Marry Older Men; It's Not For Their Money / Most Igbo Girls Marry Late Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by chayooh(f): 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2010
Is it cos guys are afraid of her enlightenment or don't like ladies who are successful.
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by bayor48(m): 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2010
Maybe they are waiting for a successful man to come over.I mean someone like me. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by madoba: 6:13pm On Nov 04, 2010
Do successful women really marry late? Most of the ones I know are already married with two to three kids.
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by hackney(m): 6:27pm On Nov 04, 2010
I think its because they concentrate on career development to the exclusion of a love life.

By the time they are what they want to be carreer-wise, of course some
reasonable time would have passed.

Also, from the onset, a man is slightly wary of an overly ambitious female and
unfortunately ambition is what makes one successful.

Men just prefer a soft, moderately ambitious,easy-going female because that, for some reason  projects
calmness, sensitivity and  care.
(not some shrewd boardroom cut-throat Mz of a waspish lady)
That doesnt project ,relaxed fun, babies, romance etc.

I would rather go for a sexy, curvy and relaxed gurl working on the shop floors of John Lewis or house of frazer
than some lady that works till 9pm every day hammering out multi-national mergers in the square mile.
That saps femininity out of a woman; she'll get home and cant relax.

Let me chase the greens and get the stress while you keep your softness, baby.
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by cnnnigeria: 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2010
I think this is just a personal thing, i don't really believe that.
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by annawhite(f): 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2010
SOME WANT SUCCESFUL MEN TO COME ALONG
SOME CANT STAND WRETCHED MEN
SOME DONT EVER WANT TO GET MARRIED

WHAT CAN A MAN OFFER ME? cool cool cool
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by Loveaflame(m): 7:38pm On Nov 04, 2010
Many of them are so busy with their pursuit and forget that time is not on their side.Also due to their high taste they are so selective.To some it is due to the fear of falling into the wrong hands.To some still they see those who approach them as gold diggers or finders who are only after their money.

To some it is due to their preconceived naive nature when it comes to the issue of marriage.To some it can be a form of curse or spiritual bondage.To some well meaning guys are afraid to marry them for fear of being controlled by such ladies.As many of them can be so domineering.
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by annawhite(f): 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2010
Loveaflame:

Many of them are so busy with their pursuit and forget that time is not on their side.Also due to their high taste they are so selective.To some it is due to the fear of falling into the wrong hands.To some still they see those who approach them as gold diggers or finders who are only after their money.

To some it is due to their preconceived naive nature when it comes to the issue of marriage.To some it can be a form of curse or spiritual bondage.To some well meaning guys are afraid to marry them for fear of being controlled by such ladies.As many of them can be so domineering.
DOMINEERING IS THE WORD BABY
IF I MAKE MORE MONEY OVER MY MAN WHY CANT I TELL HIM WAT TO DO
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by Dsense(m): 8:10pm On Nov 04, 2010
Repeated topic. angry
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by KolaSalam(m): 8:33pm On Nov 04, 2010
It is because they don't engage in relationship earlier. They normally focus on their target and work towards it when less serious ladies are getting pregnant. Kudos to all ladies who focus on success and achieved it instead of just being a man's slave or 'property'.
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by opabukun(m): 9:08pm On Nov 04, 2010
coz dey succeed late. undecided
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by femmy2010(m): 9:10pm On Nov 04, 2010
They needed time to attain what they must have achieved.
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by nethacker(m): 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2010
Kola Salam:

It is because they don't engage in relationship earlier. They normally focus on their target and work towards it when less serious ladies are getting pregnant. Kudos to all ladies who focus on success and achieved it instead of just being a man's slave or 'property'.
wat r u saying? undecided undecided undecided

annawhite:

na wa ooo, if God b woman,MEN r in trouble ooo tongue tongue
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by opabukun(m): 9:18pm On Nov 04, 2010
@femmy2010, how ya biz goin? lol
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by femmy2010(m): 9:21pm On Nov 04, 2010
@opabukun,
Going sweet and one sure cant complain .
Sure work has been sweet and smooth with you too?
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by Dsense(m): 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2010
annawhite:

Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by femmy2010(m): 9:28pm On Nov 04, 2010
Lol The man seem happy grin
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by Dsense(m): 9:28pm On Nov 04, 2010
femmy2010:

Lol The man seem happy grin
Exactly dude,Simply because she earns more than him. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by femmy2010(m): 9:33pm On Nov 04, 2010
lol
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by Coolabbie: 9:36pm On Nov 04, 2010
So many chauvinist on dis thread. *singing Destiny child's Independent woman*
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by Dsense(m): 9:38pm On Nov 04, 2010
Coolabbie:

So many chauvinist on dis thread. *singing Destiny child's Independent woman*
Oh yeah ,Leme join u singing. tongue
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by harakiri(m): 9:47pm On Nov 04, 2010
I might be wrong but this topic has repeated itself at least half a dozen times in the last two years.That being said, successful women delay in getting married mainly because they seek partners of at least equal footing (if not better and more successful than themselves).It's the way women are built and no one can change that.If you ever see a successful woman settling down for a guy who's not up to her "level", it's either because :

(1)She's getting too older and needs a "sperm donor"
(2)She's butt ugly and NO successful guy or UFO will settle for her (unless she's Iyabo Obasanjo will the billion billion naira package)
(3)She's from a rich home and has her head messed up with great phucking from some street guy and she wants him all to herself.

Nuff said!
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by MsPotato(f): 8:43am On Nov 05, 2010
Because they spent more time on their career than they did to their personal life. Everything you achieve has a price to pay and that is just one of it
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by femmy2010(m): 10:35am On Nov 05, 2010
Very true.
Re: Why Do Successful Ladies Marry Late? by MissyB3(f): 11:19am On Nov 05, 2010
hackney:

I think its because they concentrate on career development to the exclusion of a love life.

By the time they are what they want to be carreer-wise, of course some
reasonable time would have passed.

Also, from the onset, a man is slightly wary of an overly ambitious female and
unfortunately ambition is what makes one successful.

Men just prefer a soft, moderately ambitious,easy-going female because that, for some reason  projects
calmness, sensitivity and  care.
(not some shrewd boardroom cut-throat Mz of a waspish lady)
That doesnt project ,relaxed fun, babies, romance etc.
!!!

hackney:

Let me chase the greens and get the stress while you keep your softness, baby.
Oya . . . .Come see ma Papa and put a ring on it immediately. wink

(1) (Reply)

That So Called "love Calculator" / I Don't Mind A Polgamy Relationship / Prayer For The Kissing Folks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.