Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,368 members, 7,836,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us (41984 Views)

Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16pm On Oct 21, 2019
OkCornel:

Did you deliberately close your eyes to the part where I mentioned “I don’t agree with all JW doctrines”

You don't agree with all JWs doctrine but you agree with some.

OkCornel:

Just as how I don’t agree with the fraudulent monetary tithing doctrines peddled in other churches which you hastily dismissed as “non-essential” doctrines?

Tithing may be one of the least of our Christian duties but that does not make it a requirement for making heaven.

OkCornel:

Do you really expect me to believe Jesus and Angel Michael are one and the same person as JW teaches Or that the Holy Spirit is just power & energy?

Can you please mention some of JWs doctrine you agree with?

OkCornel:

Look, almost every denomination has its doctrinal issues.

In essentials, unity but in non essentials, liberty.

OkCornel:

What I find baffling is how one fallacy I s suddenly more acceptable and justifiable than the other. Smh

No fallacy should be acceptable and justifiable. The fact that you find a particular doctrine unacceptable to you doesn't make it fallacious.

OkCornel:

Weed out the tares and go for the wheat. You don’t burn up both together.

Why would you look for the wheat in the midst of tares? I'll advise you to familiarise yourself with some essential doctrines of the Bible. See an excerpt below:

The essential doctrines of the Christian faith that emerge from this historical approach are those contained in the Apostles Creed and unfolded in subsequent creeds of the first five centuries. These include (1) human depravity, (2) Christs virgin birth, (3) Christ's sinlessness, (4) Christ's deity, (5) Christ's humanity, (6) God's unity, (7) God's triunity, (8.) the necessity of God's grace, (9) the necessity of faith, (10) Christ's atoning death, (11) Christ's bodily resurrection, (12) Christ's bodily ascension, (13) Christ's present High Priestly service, and (14) Christ's second coming, final judgment, and reign. Heaven and hell are implied in the final judgment and are explicated in later creeds.

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2019
Bondatt:

Hypocrite I say again go and seek help from your elders. Well, you soon get a call either way. See a material by the watchtower here...
You are doing exactly what the organization warns against.

Watch your back my brother grin

Now it's obvious you need help!

Let me give you a piece of advice.

People learn everyday and it's through so many means, so there is no organization on this planet that will deprive their members to stop learning.

Not even Jehovah's Witnesses, whose followers are out there always discussing with people about their faith.

So get your facts right before thinking someone could be arrested, imprisoned or killed for chatting with strangers on social media! cheesy
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2019
Bondatt:

Thank you for the affirmation. Was all I needed grin

Keep it up my friend, you're really trying.

So next time try harder! grin
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 1:27pm On Oct 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Christians are at liberty to differ on non essential doctrines as long as they all agree on the essential doctrines such as the deity of Jesus, His dying on a Cross, His burial and bodily resurrection for the salvation of our souls and transition to heaven. smiley

OLAADEGBU LYING....

From your profile that Santa Claus graphics where you equated Christmas celebration with idolatry..... (*modified).
https://answersingenesis.org/media/cartoons/after-eden/adam-in-christmas/

(Is OLAADEGBU is a pseudonym for David Letha ? Only God knows...)

https://dailypost.ng/2013/12/22/stop-celebrating-christmas-idolatory-kumuyi-warns-members/

Non deeper lifers, (AKA "idol worshippers"wink are at liberty to differ on non essential doctrines"
Wetin Musa no go see for gate?

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2019
Janosky:

OLAADEGBU LYING....

Why did you remove from your profile that Santa Claus graphics where you equated Christmas celebration with idolatry?
(the said graphics is at 'answersingenesis' website which is on OLAADEGBU profile. Maybe OLAADEGBU is a pseudonym for David Letha... only God knows...)

https://dailypost.ng/2013/12/22/stop-celebrating-christmas-idolatory-kumuyi-warns-members/

Non deeper lifers , (AKA "idol worshippers"wink are at liberty to differ on non essential doctrines as long as they all
agree on the essential doctrines such
as the deity of Jesus"

The ability to lie must be part of your doctrines. What did I remove from my profile? undecided

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2019
Janosky:

OLAADEGBU LYING....

Why did you remove from your profile that Santa Claus graphics where you equated Christmas celebration with idolatry?
(the said graphics is at 'answersingenesis' website which is on OLAADEGBU profile. Maybe OLAADEGBU is a pseudonym for David Letha... only God knows...)

Non deeper lifers, (AKA "idol worshippers"wink are at liberty to differ on non essential doctrines"

No problem Sir,

Christmas is NONE ESSENTIAL

OLAADEGBU just said those involving in the festival are idolaters, but since it's none essential such idolaters will enter into the kingdom of God! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

The ability to lie must be part of your doctrines. What did I remove from my profile? undecided
The network was slow in coming up.. The Santa Claus graphics is STILL on your profile.

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2019
Maximus69:

No problem Sir,

Christmas is NONE ESSENTIAL

OLAADEGBU just said those involving in the festival are idolaters, but since it's none essential such idolaters will enter into the kingdom of God! cheesy

We don't have to wait for Christmas to celebrate Jesus. We celebrate Jesus everyday. You can see that Charles Russel is still dead. cheesy

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

We don't have to wait for Christmas to celebrate Jesus. We celebrate Jesus everyday. cheesy

@bolded is right!

That's why we go preaching and teaching in our neighborhood about what Jesus laid down as principles, we do this not only formally by mouth declaration but also through our conduct as we love what is good and hate what is bad!

So we make it clear to all those celebrating Christmas that

Birthdays celebration is not from God's people, so you can't find just one worshiper of God celebrate birthday in the Bible!

God warned his people not to copy anything from idol worshipers, and birthday came from pagans!

Jesus never celebrated his birthday, his parents never celebrated it in his behalf and his followers never did.

For physical man to know that God abhors Christmas, it's during that period that mankind do record evil deeds most including disasters!

So all those participating in it are pagans and they need to change! 1Corinthians 10:20

But why are you now hiding under the "none essential" code so that Christmas lovers won't castigate you? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2019
poik:

Matthew 5:48- Be ye perfect...
Why do you think the rapture will be for a select few?
God knows them that are His. If perfection were not possible, the Bible wouldnt have said that.
Is photocopy of the same quality as the original?
Is there a day, week or month ,you don't offend your wife, kids, your fellow men etc?
Luke13:24, "Exert yourself vigorously to get in through the narrow door" into the kingdom of God, that's the point Jesus Christ emphasized. Compare Mark12:29-33.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OkCornel(m): 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

You don't agree with all JWs doctrine but you agree with some.

Tithing may be one of the least of our Christian duties but that does not make it a requirement for making heaven.

Can you please mention some of JWs doctrine you agree with?

In essentials, unity but in non essentials, liberty.

No fallacy should be acceptable and justifiable. The fact that you find a particular doctrine unacceptable to you doesn't make it fallacious.

Why would you look for the wheat in the midst of tares? I'll advise you to familiarise yourself with some essential doctrines of the Bible. See an excerpt below:

Guy, please look inwards first.

Are you perfectly okay with the lies of monetary tithing peddled in deeper life, Living Faith, RCCG e.t.c. before jumping out to accuse another denomination?

It's baffling how certain lies and falsehoods are swept under the carpet of "non-essential doctrines"

I haven't gotten a direct response on denominations with "0% poison" in their drinks bro.

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2019
potent5:
With your segregation and discrimination you want to show me you care. See HYPOCRISY in capital letters! Taa gbafuo Dia.
Nwokem, coolu temper ..... Ignorance and bigotry are curable diseases. Pls, seek the cure. Galatians 6:10. John 8:32.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

We don't have to wait for Christmas to celebrate Jesus. We celebrate Jesus everyday. You can see that Charles Russel is still dead. cheesy

Charles is NOT Jesus so what has this discuss got to do with him? cheesy
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 2:16pm On Oct 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Your last sentence, very childish.
Please grow up.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:19pm On Oct 21, 2019
Maximus69:

@bolded is right!

That's why we go preaching and teaching in our neighborhood about what Jesus laid down as principles, we do this not only formally by mouth declaration but also through our conduct as we love what is good and hate what is bad!

The 'Jesus' you preach is another Jesus who cannot save.

Maximus69:

So we make it clear to all those celebrating Christmas that

Birthdays celebration is not from God's people, so you can't find just one worshiper of God celebrate birthday in the Bible!

God warned his people not to copy anything from idol worshipers, and birthday came from pagans!

Jesus never celebrated his birthday, his parents never celebrated it in his behalf and his followers never did.

For physical man to know that God abhors Christmas, it's during that period that mankind do record evil deeds most including disasters!

So all those participating in it are pagans and they need to change! 1Corinthians 10:20

But why are you now hiding under the "none essential" code so that Christmas lovers won't castigate you? cheesy

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ"
(Colossians 2:16-17).

As you can see in the verses quoted above, that Christians are not in any legalistic bondage as to whether they can celebrate birthdays or not, we are at liberty wherever the scriptures have not specifically forbidden us. For where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty.

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by TemmyT002(m): 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Christians are at liberty to differ on non essential doctrines as long as they all agree on the essential doctrines such as the deity of Jesus, His dying on a Cross, His burial and bodily resurrection for the salvation of our souls and transition to heaven. smiley

Now, this is weird
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 2:30pm On Oct 21, 2019
malvisguy212:
the Jehovah witness teaches that the Holy spirit is an active force, if its true then everyone Will be entitled to it, both the save and unsaved. is this not blasphemy ?

If you're well grounded in God's word the holy Bible, you won't post that SCRAP question above.
"The Father in heaven gives holy spirit to those asking HIM". Luke11:13.
NOT everyone.
Faith is one of the fruits of the holy spirit, it's not everyone's possession. Matt7:7.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

As you can see in the verses quoted above, that Christians are not in any legalistic bondage as to whether they can celebrate birthdays or not, we are at liberty wherever the scriptures have not specifically forbidden us. For where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty.
Yet you and your god of men say Christmas celebration is idolatry.
Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Oh it escaped my mind!

Kumuyi also celebrated his birthday, so it's none essential! cheesy

Well, Charles also used to celebrated birthdays and Christmas during his lifetime. But God's people no more join in such pagan celebrations today.

That's to tell you next time when discussing about what Jehovah's Witnesses believe today, try to get the update. Russell is not the founder of this organization, otherwise it's just what he laid down that we will still be following till date.

He never bear the group name Jehovah's Witnesses because he died before 1920 and the organization adopted the name in 1931.

So next time we're discussing about what God's people believe, try to get the update. That's why we're different from all your folks who will never change the doctrine laid down by their human founders. Yet they'll be expecting God's progressive organization to accept them as our brothers in Christ! cheesy
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2019
Janosky:

If you're well grounded in God's word the holy Bible, you won't post that SCRAP question above.
"The Father in heaven gives holy spirit to those asking HIM". Luke11:13.
NOT everyone.
Faith is one of the fruits of the holy spirit, it's not everyone's possession

Faith is not a possession of everyone! 2Thessalonians 3:2 smiley
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Hairyrapunzel: 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2019
TemmyT002:
Taking Nigeria as a case study, if you are not a Jehovah’s Witness, you must have heard from some pastors or some other Christians like you about how the Jehovah’s Witnesses teach the wrong gospel. You must have heard them say that they use the wrong Bible. They must have told you to kick them out of your house or never let them in. They might have even told you that listening to them could lead you to Hell Fire.

My view about them changed when I related with one of them during an external tutorial class. There was a single guy among the rest in a mixed class of Christians and Muslims. This guy was the only Jehovah’s Witness. We all had a lot of fun bullying him. We made jest of his bag and made jest of the fact that he was a Jehovah’s Witness.

Despite all these bullying, he never retaliated. We were still kids back then and our knowledge of the Bible was what we were taught in our different churches. We argued over some verses in the bible and the guy took pains to explain some topics based on what he had been taught. We all shut him down, of course.

Years later, I had the opportunity to visit one of their Kingdom Halls. I had read a lot of their FREE publications and I wanted to see what they did there. I was wowed. I have been to many other churches but this Kingdom Hall was different.

The surprising part was that after the service, I met this guy again and he was so happy to see me. I was surprised. I thought he would make jest of me and ask why I was there. Instead, he and the other people there showed me love.

How are the Jehovah’s Witnesses better Christians than the rest of us?

[
b]7. SHOW OF LOVE[/b]

Many churches in Nigeria love to welcome newcomers. Some churches serve them foods and drinks and collect their phone numbers. The choir members sing a song of welcome and then some top leaders of different groups walk over to the newcomers to shake their hands and welcome. That’s all.

At the end of the program, everyone leaves and forget the newcomer. This occurs in most churches. When a newcomer’s phone number is gotten, all the church want to do is to make sure the newcomer becomes a member and comes always.

In Kingdom Halls, this is different. After the service, almost everyone walks over to you to shake your hand and welcome you with beautiful smiles. Then they politely ask if you would want free Bible study.

There are so many other ways by which the Jehovah’s Witnesses are better Christians than the rest of us and we need to emulate these qualities. There is a very big difference if we are being sincere with ourselves.

Showing love to one another is the key to peaceful nation. Despite the number of churches in Nigeria, in different states and in different streets, corruption is still rampant. Ethnic bigotry and tribalism is till rampant. Something is wrong somewhere and it is all in our hands to change things.

Emulating the qualities of the Jehovah’s Witnesses is the key.

SOURCE: https://opinionsandstories.com/how-the-jehovahs-witnesses-are-better-christians-than-the-rest-of-us/

You are a jw. Just say these are the reasons you feel your religion is better than other Christian religions.

1. THEY FACE MORE PERSECUTIONS

The Bible says “Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven”- Matthew 5:10

John 15:18- “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.”

2 Timothy 3:12 – “Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.”

You will agree with me that Christians in Nigeria also get persecuted but the persecutions occur mostly in the Northern part of Nigeria. Jehovah’s Witnesses, however, are many all over the world and they are persecuted more than all other Christians of different denominations. The recent one occurred in Russia.

The Southwestern part of Nigeria, which is full of the Yorubas is considered to be full of people who are tolerant and accept you into their society no matter your status or religion. However, Jehovah’s Witnesses still get persecuted there most of the time.

I watched an American movie about the Second World War and at the end of the movie, some statistics were listed based on the number of people who were killed by Hitler’s Soldiers. Apart from the Jews, the homosexuals, and blacks, I was surprised to see Jehovah’s Witnesses listed among them too.

They don't face more persecution than other Christians. In fact what index did you use to measure the level of persecution against them and the other Christian religions?

Russia banned their religion. When you preach that your jehovah will come destroy every government on earth and most of earth's people because they don't pay allegiance to a new York publishing company what do you expect? Russia and USA don't get along so well

Jw in nazi Germany wouldn't hail Hitler because Rutherford told them not to. On the contrary, the Jews were killed even if they where Catholics, jws or protestants. The bottom line is the Jews didn't have a choice while jws had. Stop trying to make it look like the persecution was targeted at them. If you even know history you will find out that Rutherford even supported Hitler sef.

b]2. DONATIONS ARE VOLUNTARY[/b]

Unlike in other Christian churches where people are forced or even threatened to make donations, donations in Kingdom Halls of the Jehovah’s Witnesses are quite voluntary. When you walk into one of their Halls, you will see a box right at the entrance calling you to make voluntary donations.

In other churches, publications are not free. Pastors and General Overseers write a lot of books. Some churches even produce a lot of books for the benefit of their congregations but these books are not free. This is different with Jehovah’s Witnesses.

In each Kingdom Hall, at least the ones I have been to, there is a special place where lots of books and publications are arranged. You can pick any book depending on the language you want for free.

You might have seen them giving out books on the streets and they would never ask you to buy them. They would instead ask you to make voluntary donations. Even if you don’t have money, you can go ahead and pick. They are more interested in making sure you gain the knowledge of God’s word.

A donation isn't voluntary anymore when you tell or remind people what to donate, how to donate, why they should donate, when to donate, who to donate to and where to donate. Every religion has a way of taxing its members including jws. In fact jw is worse because they use emotional blackmail to make you donate to their religion. Last last donation is never voluntary as far as religion is concerned. There is always a motive behind them. Different religions have different names they call these donations.
Members pay towards the publishing of their magazines. Watchtower is a publishing company fronting as a religion. Handing out free publications is their own method of securing converts. If those publications were not free they wont have the amount of followers they have now.

3. MEMBERS AND SOCIAL MEDIA

Do you know a Jehovah’s Witness who doesn’t ‘preach’ on social media? When Jesus was leaving the earth, he asked his disciples to go all over the world and preach the gospel.

Thankfully, we are in the jet age where you can share information that can reach people all over the world. Unfortunately, today’s Christians rarely make use of this opportunity to preach the gospel.

There are lots of Christians who have huge followers on different social media platforms but unless they are pastors, you would rarely see them post anything related to the gospel on their accounts. Instead of sermons you will see them posting their beautiful pictures.

Jehovah’s Witnesses’ members post different topics on Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Pinterest, and so on. Whatever they learn in their Kingdom Halls or conventions, they make sure they share them online.

Other Christians prefer to share nonsensical topics and topics that won’t touch your life positively in anyway. They are supposed to share the sermons they learn from their different churches every Sunday but they would rather share posts concerning Big Brother Nigeria or other nonsense.

You don't judge people because they refuse to preach via social media handles. Jws just use the means to count time so they can show the number of hours spent on preach When their jehovah comes to slaughter non jws during their upcoming armageddon inside their head.

Normal jw way big time judgemental pricks. Don't judge people for using their social media platforms for other activities. It's not yours but theirs.you are now God abi?

4. EVANGELISM

This is one of the things they are known for. Apart from the social media, radio and other modes of evangelism, the Jehovah’s Witnesses preach the gospel by walking from house to house.

Despite the fact that a lot of people reject them, they still keep on. Everything in their minds is looking for one or two people whose lives they can touch positively. You see them walking in the sun, with their umbrellas and bags, with no shame. They prefer to follow God’s instructions and they do this at least twice in a week, walking long distances.

Every religion on earth derive certain methods to increase their followers. Every religion engages in evangelism. Pentecostal churches and even Catholic churches have more members than jws. Mormons have more members than jws yet they started their religion the same time. God never gave the instruction of going house to house.
Jw go from house to house because gb told them that if they don't go house to house, the blood of those people (because their jehovah will destroy/slaughter them) will be on their hands.

In fact the door to door is just to save themselves. To say that they tried their best when their jehovah is destroying people who don't conform to their mode of worship.
5. TESTIMONIES

Their testimonies are different from those of other Christians. While other Christians give testimonies about what God has done in their lives, most of the testimonies usually involve material things of the world. This is good but there is always something missing.

Other Christians testify about the new cars they just purchased, the new child they just had, the new house they just built and so on. The testimonies of Jehovah’s Witnesses involve turning over a new leaf, giving their lives to Jesus and becoming a model example.

They have different stories on testimonies like these. When you read about people changing and turning over a new leaf, you will be encouraged and you will want to have the same experience. In one of their publications, I read about a Japanese Kamikaze soldier who fought in World War Two and then became a Jehovah’s Witness and began to preach the gospel. I was wowed.

How people give their own testimonies is now a yardstick for saying jw are better than the rest Christian.
The life of jw revolve around watchtower organisation because they believe belonging to watchtower organisation is the only means by which you will be saved when armageddon comes so they will do anything to get this salvation eg working for watchtower organisation.
They actually don't give testimonies about their lives because their leaders have conditioned them to think they are worthless as human beings and the only reason their jehovah can ever love them is if they go out of their way to do things for watchtower organisation.

Jw also believe that the only testimony is them living forever on paradise earth (their real life) so why should they talk about any personal good thing in this their present life which they consider the fake life?

b]6. THEY ARE ORDERLY AND CALM[/b]

Have you ever walked into a Kingdom Hall? As you approach the place, you would believe they are not holding any program because you won’t hear anything. It is only when you enter into the Hall that you will realize that there is a program going on after all.

Other churches love the use of loud speakers. You could be far away and you would hear the different speakers from different churches booming and screaming. Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Kingdom Halls do not pollute the air with noises.

During their programs, they never compete for Bible reading. We all know this. In Pentecostal churches, when the pastor calls a Bible verse, you see fifty people trying to read the same verse at the same time. You would think the fastest reader would be paid for it.

The ‘winner’ is usually the fastest reader. This usually causes fracas among the readers after church services and you may sometimes see two ‘readers’ keeping malice against each other.

The reverse is the case in Kingdom Halls. When a Bible verse is called or when a question is asked, people would raise their hands in order to respond. Everything is calm and quiet. You feel peace in your heart. You forget your problems.

It's not still a yardstick to say they are better than other Christians. If calm and orderly like you explained is the real deal then your jehovah and jesus would have said so. Continue judging other Christians.

All these show that you have never stepped foot in any church asides your kingdom hall. You keep talking based on hearsay.

b]6. THEY ARE ORDERLY AND CALM[/b]

Have you ever walked into a Kingdom Hall? As you approach the place, you would believe they are not holding any program because you won’t hear anything. It is only when you enter into the Hall that you will realize that there is a program going on after all.

Other churches love the use of loud speakers. You could be far away and you would hear the different speakers from different churches booming and screaming. Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Kingdom Halls do not pollute the air with noises.

During their programs, they never compete for Bible reading. We all know this. In Pentecostal churches, when the pastor calls a Bible verse, you see fifty people trying to read the same verse at the same time. You would think the fastest reader would be paid for it.

The ‘winner’ is usually the fastest reader. This usually causes fracas among the readers after church services and you may sometimes see two ‘readers’ keeping malice against each other.

The reverse is the case in Kingdom Halls. When a Bible verse is called or when a question is asked, people would raise their hands in order to respond. Everything is calm and quiet. You feel peace in your heart. You forget your problems.

The same people that will stop showing you love/ cut social ties / shun/ ostracized/ stop talking to you/ stop giving you assistance once they disfellowship you. Lol

The same people that say their jehovah forbids blood transfusion even for a small child or someone that is near death. Lol show of love indeed.

You are another jw who wants to advertise your watchtower organisation.

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:28pm On Oct 21, 2019
OkCornel:

Guy, please look inwards first.

Are you perfectly okay with the lies of monetary tithing peddled in deeper life, Living Faith, RCCG e.t.c. before jumping out to accuse another denomination?

How will you know a lie when you see it?

OkCornel:

It's baffling how certain lies and falsehoods are swept under the carpet of "non-essential doctrines"

You need to spend some time studying and obeying the truth for you to be able to discern what is a lie.

OkCornel:

I haven't gotten a direct response on denominations with "0% poison" in their drinks bro.

For you to discover counterfeit money you need to spend time studying the genuine ones. Let me leave you with the inspired Words of the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Truth personified:

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed"
(John 8:32-36)
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OkCornel(m): 3:32pm On Oct 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

How will you know a lie when you see it?

You need to spend some time studying and obeying the truth for you to be able to discern what is a lie.

For you to discover counterfeit money you need to spend time studying the genuine ones. Let me leave you with the inspired Words of the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Truth personified:

(John 8:32-36)

Is the below picture a truth or a lie; please don't give a response as to whether you're a Living Faith member or not.

Let's start with this one.

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OkCornel(m): 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
Please can someone put the contents of the latest Awake or Watchtower Magazine here?

I guess we have peeps who would rather focus on the bad, and turn a blind eye to the good...
I repeat, almost every denomination has its flaws, especially if we begin to examine each one by one in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf-fmJkbRwI
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2019
Maximus69:

Charles is NOT Jesus so what has this discuss got to do with him? cheesy

That is to remind you that the founder of your society who sold you down the path of destruction remains dead and his remains still in the grave but Jesus resurrected bodily and His alive to live forever more. What is the difference between what you believe now and then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO2Mg_NBL5Y

Watch the videoclip and see what Charles Russell believed in the beginning of his society. What was the meaning of the cross and a crown engraved on that pyramid? undecided

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:47pm On Oct 21, 2019
TemmyT002:

Now, this is weird

Are you saying the essential doctrines of Christianity is weird to you? undecided
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:51pm On Oct 21, 2019
Janosky:

Yet you and your god of men say Christmas celebration is idolatry.
Stop deceiving yourself.

Anything or person you worship other than God is idolatry. Your Watchtower magazine and NWT bible says Jesus died on a stake when the Word of God says He died on the cross. Why is a cross and a crown engraved on Charles Russell's pyramid?
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

That is to remind you that the founder of your society who sold you down the path of destruction remains dead and his remains still in the grave but Jesus resurrected bodily and His alive to live forever more. What is the difference between what you believe now and then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO2Mg_NBL5Y

Watch the videoclip and see what Charles Russell believed in the beginning of his society. What was the meaning of the cross and a crown engraved on that pyramid? undecided

Hmmmmmmmmmm,

You're far away from the truth Sir!

John prepared the way for Christ but they both taught things that's different, why? John taught people to continue keeping what the law says while Jesus came to fulfill the law and end it! Roman 10:1-4

If Charles is the founder as you're taught about us, how come the teachings changed? cheesy
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:08pm On Oct 21, 2019
Maximus69:

Oh it escaped my mind!

Kumuyi also celebrated his birthday, so it's none essential! cheesy

Well, Charles also used to celebrated birthdays and Christmas during his lifetime. But God's people no more join in such pagan celebrations today.

That's to tell you next time when discussing about what Jehovah's Witnesses believe today, try to get the update. Russell is not the founder of this organization, otherwise it's just what he laid down that we will still be following till date.

He never bear the group name Jehovah's Witnesses because he died before 1920 and the organization adopted the name in 1931.

So next time we're discussing about what God's people believe, try to get the update. That's why we're different from all your folks who will never change the doctrine laid down by their human founders. Yet they'll be expecting God's progressive organization to accept them as our brothers in Christ! cheesy

I know you have to keep updating the 'truth' that you preach because your 'truths' are always changing. So the latest lie is to teach that Charles Taze Russell is no longer the founder of your organisation because it's name has changed? You just sold your founder under the bus. shocked

I realise that you are not allowed to carry out independent research except what they indoctrinate you with. If you are interested in knowing the background of your society click on the link below. smiley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/witnesses/history/history.shtml

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2019
OkCornel:

Is the below picture a truth or a lie; please don't give a response as to whether you're a Living Faith member or not.

Let's start with this one.

Jesus is the picture of the Truth because He is the Truth personified. Do you know Him? undecided
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OkCornel(m): 4:14pm On Oct 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is the picture of the Truth because He is the Truth personified. Do you know Him? undecided

This does not in anyway answer my question. The person in the picture below knows Jesus or claims to know Him (whichever you find more applicable)

Is the picture below the truth? Yes or No smiley Oh well, I guess we should sweep it under the carpet as one of those "non-essential doctrines"

It's also refreshing to know Kumuyi will eventually uproot some doctrines he installed in deeper life before he leaves.

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:25pm On Oct 21, 2019
OkCornel:

This does not in anyway answer my question. The person in the picture below knows Jesus or claims to know Him (whichever you find more applicable)

Is the picture below the truth? Yes or No smiley Oh well, I guess we should sweep it under the carpet as one of those "non-essential doctrines"

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me" (John 14:6).

It doesn't matter whether you know men of God or not what really matters is do you know the Truth?

OkCornel:

It's also refreshing to know Kumuyi will eventually uproot some doctrines he installed in deeper life before he leaves.

Pastor Kumuyi never said that he would 'uproot some doctrines he installed' you are beginning to show that you really believe lies instead of the truth. Please repent and put your trust in Jesus for you to come to the knowledge of truth. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Jackie Chan In Saudi Arabia To Perform Hajj (photo) / Share Your Best Hymns / “Pastor Says Any Sex Position Apart From Missionary Style Is A Sin” – Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.