Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us (41981 Views)

Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by TemmyT002(m): 8:34am On Oct 22, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Who said that there is no unity in the body of Christ even though we have different denominations? It's only the false teachers that are sidetracked.

There is no true unity, bro
We are just trying and deceiving ourselves
Some churches can not invite over a Celestial or C and S member to their church

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 22, 2019
Bondatt:

Keep typing grin more things I need to send to the branch. You don't know who are dealing with aswear. grin

You hope to send whatever to the branch committee of Jehovah's Witnesses, to scold their own followers who are associating with them, you claim the organization is a cult, you even wish members should leave the organization, you said people shouldn't stick to the rules of any organization but to what they clearly understand after reading their Bible.
Yet you think you've got what it takes to make the organization arrest, imprison or kill their own members because they're doing exactly what you're doing now on social media.
All these you're saying because these ones you're chatting with on social media are NOT strictly adhering to the rules of their organization which you yourself said is a cult! cheesy

My friend, you need to see a psychiatrist fast! wink

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 22, 2019
Bondatt:
To current witnesses waking up, see response from the United Nations. You owe it to yourselves to hear both sides see links:
Truth fears no scrutiny

Yet you're saying members shouldn't have come here to get in contact with you in the first place. grin

Please how do you expect Jehovah's Witnesses members to get in contact with you if they're not here doing what you're doing right now? wink

Mr Bondatt, You don dey colo walahi talahi! cheesy

Truthfully speaking Sir, you need spiritual assistance or a psychiatrist fast! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Bondatt: 8:45am On Oct 22, 2019
Maximus69:

You hope to send whatever to the branch committee of Jehovah's Witnesses, to scold their own followers who are associating with them, you claim the organization is a cult, you even wish members should leave the organization, you said people shouldn't stick to the rules of any organization but to what they clearly understand after reading their Bible.
Yet you think you've got what it takes to make the organization arrest, imprison or kill their own members because they're doing exactly what you're doing now on social media.
All these you're saying because these ones you're chatting with on social media are NOT strictly adhering to the rules of their organization which you yourself said is a cult! cheesy

My friend, you need to see a psychiatrist fast! wink

Are you scared already? Why the long epistle?
I didn't make the rules, your organization did. grin
You are trying to use critical thinking to rationalize your viewpoint. Your organization discourages critical thinking. It's called independent thinking and satanic.
So all this your useless explanations should be saved for the elders when you are called grin

2 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Bondatt: 8:54am On Oct 22, 2019
Maximus69:

Yet you're saying members shouldn't have come here to get in contact with you in the first place. grin

Please how do you expect Jehovah's Witnesses members to get in contact with you if they're not here doing what you're doing right now? wink

Truthfully speaking Sir, you need spiritual assistance or a psychiatrist fast! cheesy

Fool I didn't say it, your organization made the rule not me. Please discredit the watchtower below. Atleast all have eyes.

Many Jws as well as other religious cult adherents are waking up in this information age.

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Bondatt: 9:09am On Oct 22, 2019
The core of JW is based on the 1914 date, using Daniel 8. What many Jws don't realize is that they are not the ones who came up with this so called bible chronology. It was William Miller. Adventists and Jws all reaped and incorporated his calculations.

See the Wikipedia link
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millerism

Jws read read read.

Russell believed that the pyramids of Giza had divine importance, he used the measurements for the pyramids to calculate the 1914 date in his book "Divine Plan of the Ages"

See verifiable quotes from Russell's own book

"Here, thanks to the very accurate measurements of all the passages, furnished by Prof. Smyth, we are enabled to reach what to us are by far the most interesting features of the testimony of this "Witness" yet delivered."
Studies In the Scriptures Series III - Thy Kingdom Come p.338

"Prof. Smyth found the first of these measures (a) to be 1874 Pyramid inches, the second (b), 1881 Pyramid inches, and the third (c), 1910 Pyramid inches; Thus reduced, they would give the dates (a) October, 1874, (b) October, 1881 and (c) October, 1910 A.D."
Studies In the Scriptures Series III - Thy Kingdom Come p.363

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by potent5(m): 1:05pm On Oct 22, 2019
Maximus69:

Well if you call it discrimination, try to explain what Jesus meant when he publicly declared that Mary(his mother) and his brothers are not his real family members if they don't share the same faith with him! Matthew 12:46-49

Well Jehovah's Witnesses claims to be followers of this same guy, so i don't understand if he was also discriminating with that statement!

However may God bless you!

Not surprised.
Even the devil quotes the Bible to suit his argument.

Amen to your prayers, anyways.

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by potent5(m): 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2019
Janosky:

The OP has said several times that he's not JW. Have you any proof ? Show us... everyone here is keen to know the truth.
Your personal views can not change what I have found out to be true.
Na you get your mouth las las...
Shalom.
I think say na you get my mouth las las.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by potent5(m): 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2019
Janosky:

Nwokem, coolu temper .....
Ignorance and bigotry are curable diseases. Pls, seek the cure.
Galatians 6:10. John 8:32.
If you like quote the Bible. When your heart is as black as charcoal.

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2019
TemmyT002:

There is no true unity, bro
We are just trying and deceiving ourselves
Some churches can not invite over a Celestial or C and S member to their church

True unity only comes when we unite on the truth. In essentials there is unity, in non-essentials there is liberty and in all charity. Check out the Apostles creed below and tell us what you don't agree with. smiley

1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Duggedised12(f): 4:35am On Oct 23, 2019
Uchenaija:

Your stupidity is outstanding!

Your hatred has blindfolded you.

People like you are empty headed and can only have some pride from mockery.

Jehovah's witnesses are better Christians than your church...Take it to the bank.

One challenge for you: ask your pastor to ask your members to preach and watch your church close down in 2 weeks.

i have read this thread from starting to the end ,i just want to let you "meme boy" know that both you and the christians you are dragging who is better with , are all going to hell You are just another brainwashed religious follower with a different kind of programming and instruction maybe yours is C++ undecided
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Uchenaija: 5:20am On Oct 23, 2019
Duggedised12:
i have read this thread from starting to the end ,i just want to let you "meme boy" know that both you and the christians you are dragging who is better with , are all going to hell You are just another brainwashed religious follower with a different kind of programming and instruction maybe yours is C++ undecided

Eyah, I feel your pains. grin

I can help you.

Come let me school you.

Let me teach you the truth of Life John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

When you come to know Jesus well you'd find true peace in life.

Not one masked by heavy singing and dancing in church but one that comes from the sincerity of the heart.

Not one with smiles on the faces, but tears in the heart.

Matthew 11:28
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.

Don't be afraid of hell. I serve God for a greater reason, not backed by fear of hell.

Love has no fear 1 John 4:18 NIV - There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear

A perfect God would not instill fear in his worshippers to earn their love.

Being a better Christian doesn't even suggest that others are going to hell (depends on what you even mean by hell)

A thief nailed beside Jesus was promised God's kingdom. (I'm sure you never thought of that.)

The Christian race is no competition.

Come and learn Christianity. You'd find answers to questions that digs deep into you. (Unless you wish to deny it.... It'll continue to take roost in your heart)

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Duggedised12(f): 5:25am On Oct 23, 2019
Uchenaija:

Eyah, I feel your pains. grin

I can help you.

Come let me school you.

Let me teach you the truth of Life John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

When you come to know Jesus well you'd find true peace in life.

Not one masked by heavy singing and dancing in church but one that comes from the sincerity of the heart.

Matthew 11:28
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.

Don't be afraid of hell. I serve God for a greater reason, not backed by fear of hell.

Love has no fear 1 John 4:18 NIV - There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear

A perfect God would not instill fear in his worshippers to earn their love.

Being a better Christian doesn't even suggest that others are going to hell (depends on what you even mean by hell)

A thief nailed beside Jesus was promised God's kingdom. (I'm sure you never thought of that.)

The Christian race is no competition.

Come and learn Christianity. You'd find answers to questions that digs deep into you. (Unless you wish to deny it.... It'll continue to roost in your heart)
lol, and if i told you i was an atheist? undecided all this long story book quotes yet na me go first all of una enter heaven. Lol sorry i cant be pained i only pity una dey waka dey go like remote controlled zombies tongue. Religion is truly the opium of the masses,smh.

Note only quoted you because i saw how passionate you were that you even added a meme hence the "meme boy " tag i gave you. But las las una go dey hell fire me wey nor join anyone sef go dey heaven dey flex grin
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Uchenaija: 5:30am On Oct 23, 2019
Duggedised12:
lol, and if i told you i was an atheist? undecided all this long story book quotes yet na me go first all of una enter heaven. Lol sorry i cant be pained i only pity una dey wake dey go like remote controlled zombies tongue

Why are you so concerned about heaven and hell?

Christianity is not about heaven and hell.

You've not always been an atheist.

I'm sure the Church you've attended turned to into that.

Jehovah witnesses can never contribute to that.

Tell me what changed your feelings about Christianity.

I know you love God but can't understand a lot of things.

Rather you feel you have all the answers and have made up your mind.

But I can clearly tell you you're wrong. You need new answers.

Yes, What part of the zombie worries you? So I can join you and be free
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Duggedised12(f): 5:34am On Oct 23, 2019
Uchenaija:

Why are you so concerned about heaven and hell?

Christianity is not about heaven and hell.

You've not always been an atheist.

I'm sure the Church you've attended turned to into that.

Jehovah witnesses can never contribute to that.

Tell me what changed your feelings about Christianity.

I know you love God but can't understand a lot of things.

Rather you feel you have all the answers and have made up your mind.

But I can clearly tell you you're wrong. You need new answers.

Yes, What part of the zombie worries you? So I can join you
see this one,so you wan begin dey preach those una yeye preaching? Lol nothing person nor go see,my friend see you in hell ,i nor fit shout. tongue while i will be in heaven watching your people fight about who is better and who is not,till then carry your bag and umbrella shift go one side grin
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 10:26am On Oct 23, 2019
Bondatt:

You are trying to use critical thinking to rationalize your viewpoint. Your organization discourages critical thinking. It's called independent thinking and satanic.
So all this your useless explanations should be saved for the elders when you are called grin

Maximum69 responses to your posts is solid proof you're have been lying on a public forum that JWs "discourage critical thinking".

It's a firm rebuttal of your lies and rejection of your falsehood.
Go ahead and report him nau.....
You sheepishly pay membership fees/dues in your church,(ooh oh you be pastorpreneur wey dey chop Church membership fees? grin grin wink
Jesus Christ NEVER paid church dues, neither did his followers.
JWs DO NOT pay membership fees/dues to anybody.
Will Jesus Christ tell his followers to feed on the junk of Pharisees?
You buy the sermons,tapes of junk from pastorpreneurs, you listen to them week in , week out, it's well.... hypocrite!!
You wey be independent thinker, climb your church pulpit during next sunday services and challenge your god of men pastorpreneurs... (like Martin Luther).
Reform their "businesses" and licentiousness in Christendom before you can stand on the moral high ground to remove the speck from Jehovah's servants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Bondatt: 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2019
Janosky:

Maximum69 responses to your posts is solid proof you're have been lying on a public forum that JWs "discourage critical thinking".

It's a firm rebuttal of your lies and rejection of your falsehood.
Go ahead and report him nau.....
You sheepishly pay membership fees/dues in your church,(ooh oh you be pastorpreneur wey dey chop Church membership fees? grin grin wink
Jesus Christ NEVER paid church dues, neither did his followers.
JWs DO NOT pay membership fees/dues to anybody.
Will Jesus Christ tell his followers to feed on the junk of Pharisees?
You buy the sermons,tapes of junk from pastorpreneurs, you listen to them week in , week out, it's well.... hypocrite!!
You wey be independent thinker, climb your church pulpit during next sunday services and challenge your god of men pastorpreneurs... (like Martin Luther).
Reform their "businesses" and licentiousness in Christendom before you can stand on the moral high ground to remove the speck from Jehovah's servants.

People under mind control don't know they are under mind control. See how you are barking when no one is chasing grin grin.

See how narrow minded you are, you think every one belongs to a religious group.

I have laid bare my arguments, the onus lies on you to rebuff them.

You'll one day turn back to see how brain washed you are. For now enjoy your mental slavery.

You are disobeying "divine" instruction by engaging in arguments in this forum. You should be counseled strongly, marked, reproved or even disfellowshipped.

As for Maximus. He'll answer for his crime. I've sent the letter already. Una never see chumchin cheesy cheesy
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by introvertme: 1:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
spayor:
I need opinions..pls fellow christians help a brother not to loose faith..
This question has being on my mind for a while now and I will appreciate your opinion

As christians, we believe that God knows everything even before it is concieved...God we believe knows the end from the beginning.

so I want to ask...If you agree with me that God knows everything, does it means that He knew that Adam and Eve would fail Him??..if yes, then why create them just to purnish them?..if He is truly a loving God, then why create men just to purnish them since He knew they will fail Him??

this question is really perturbing me and it's affecting my faith...
note: my dad is a pastor...I've asked this question several times but none has given me a satisfactory answer

grin You're on the road to becoming an unbeliever.

These are questions you shouldn't ask smiley

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Uchenaija: 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2019
spayor:
I need opinions..pls fellow christians help a brother not to loose faith..
This question has being on my mind for a while now and I will appreciate your opinion

As christians, we believe that God knows everything even before it is concieved...God we believe knows the end from the beginning.

so I want to ask...If you agree with me that God knows everything, does it means that He knew that Adam and Eve would fail Him??..if yes, then why create them just to purnish them?..if He is truly a loving God, then why create men just to purnish them since He knew they will fail Him??

this question is really perturbing me and it's affecting my faith...
note: my dad is a pastor...I've asked this question several times but none has given me a satisfactory answer

God has the ability to know everything doesn't mean he poke nose into our lives.

Note the difference has the ability and chooses when to use it.

It'll be of little use to him to predestine our lives. So the teaching of predestination is a lie.

If he predestined our lives he won't give us freedom to make choices.

What is the use of freedom to make choices when you already know the end result.

We're not robots, even animals don't have such poke nose into their lives.

He chooses to use his ability according to the purpose of fulfilling his own will. Not to concern himself with the frivolities of our lives

He has so much power yet he exercises self-control in the use of it. Underline the word self-control.

Make I stop here.....check the rest here with Bible support

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102007165

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/wp20090401/Are-We-Predestined/

2 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2019
Bondatt:

People under mind control don't know they are under mind control. See how you are barking when no one is chasing grin grin.

See how narrow minded you are, you think every one belongs to a religious group.

You'll one day turn back to see how brain washed you are. For now enjoy your mental slavery.

You are disobeying "divine" instruction by engaging in arguments in this forum. You should be counseled strongly, marked, reproved or even disfellowshipped.

As for Maximus. He'll answer for his crime. I've sent the letter already. Una never see chumchin cheesy cheesy

I'm proudly JW, still studying His word the Holy Bible,guided by His Holy spirit and sticking to Jehovah's righteous standards in a depraved world under the control of Jehovah's enemy. 1john5:19.
If that's your so called "mental slavery" , oga mi, please ,quantirinu to enjoy your delicious delusion.
Shalom
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Kolping: 9:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
The Jesus of the Cults and religions

Another Jesus

Today's new spirituality does include Jesus, but he is not the Jesus of Scripture. He is another Jesus who is appreciated by mystics and Gnostics alike. He is accepted by the other religions as a great teacher, an enlightened spiritual master, but not the Son of God, God in the flesh, the only Savior from our sins, and only way to the Father. He needs to be something other than the bibles Jesus to be accepted by the masses.

http://www.letusreason.org/Cult13.htm

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Kolping: 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2019
What is a cult

http://www.letusreason.org/Cults1.htm

Throughout the old and New Testament we are warned of false teaching and teachers. Here are only a few references. False teachers in Isa.8:2 false prophets in Deut.13 and 18. Jesus warned of false prophets and teachers in Mt.7:15, Mt.24:23-24; Mk.13:6,21-22. we are warned by Paul in 2 Cor. 11:14; Gal.1:8-9; Col.2:8-9; 2 Thess. 2, 1 Tim.1:3-4,4:1-2. By Peter in 1 Pt.5:8-9,2 Pt.2:1-3. By John 1 Jn.2:18-23, 2 Cor. 4:1-5. Just about every book of the Bible mentions a warning of error and falsehood.

There are two categories of cults, non -Christian and Christian cults. The Christian cult claims to have the truth of Christ and salvation but they deny one or more of the core doctrines of the Christian faith. To simplify an identification of a Christian cult it would be noticeable in several categories. Who is Jesus, the way of salvation, what is your final source of authority and how they relate to others. They want to call themselves Christian without adhering to the tenets of the historic "doctrinal " faith. They change the major core teachings to mean something other than they are defined in the Bible and by the history of the church. The cults do not agree with the historic (Biblical) Christian faith.

What are some of the teachings that cults hold in common?

1. THEY DEIFY MAN
TEACHING THAT MAN MAY BECOME GOD, OR IS A PART OF GOD. MAN NEEDS TO BE A PART OF A CERTAIN GROUP OR CHURCH TO LEARN NEW REVELATION OR KNOWLEDGE TO PROGRESS TO GODHOOD. SOMEONE, USUALLY THE LEADER WILL SAY THEY ARE GOD OR HAS THE CHRIST SPIRIT IN A GREATER WAY. THAT THEY ARE COMMISSIONED OR APPOINTED TO BE THE LEADER BY GOD.

2.THEY HUMANIZE GOD
SOME GROUPS DENY THAT GOD IS ETERNAL. SOME BELIEVE IN MANY GODS, OR THAT ALL IS GOD (PANTHEISM). OTHER GROUPS SUCH AS JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES TEACH THAT GOD'S NATURE OR STATE OF BEING MUST BE UNDERSTOOD AND REASONABLE TO BE TRUE. IN OTHER WORDS, IF FINITE MAN CANNOT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING ABOUT GOD THEN IT IS NOT TRUE. THIS TECHNIQUE SUBTLY ELEVATES MAN'S MENTAL ABILITY TO THAT OF GOD.

3.THEY MINIMIZE OR ELIMINATE SIN
THE BIBLICAL CONCEPT OF SIN IS NOT TAUGHT, OR IS COMPLETELY ELIMINATED BY SOME GROUPS. THIS IS SEEN IN CHRISTIAN SCIENCE, MIND SCIENCE, RELIGIOUS SCIENCE, AND NEW AGE GROUPS. MEANINGS THAT ARE BIBLICAL ARE CHANGED TO THEIR OWN PERSONAL INTERPRETATIONS THAT ARE NOT RELATED TO THE CONTEXT OR ORIGINAL INTENT OF THE AUTHOR..

4.THEY MINIMIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF THE BIBLE
MOST ORGANIZED HERESIES (CULTS) USE "ANOINTED" INFORMATION, BOOKS, MAGAZINES OR SCRIPTURES. THESE ARE BELIEVED TO BE JUST AS OR MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE BIBLE. THEY ARE INDISPENSABLE IN UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLE. SOME GROUPS STRONGLY DISCOURAGE THEIR MEMBERS FROM READING THE BIBLE ALONE, AND SOME DO NOT BELIEVE THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD ALONE. OTHERS USE THE BIBLE WITH THEIR OWN UNIQUE INTERPRETATION UNKNOWN EVER IN THE CHURCH HISTORY OR ALIGN THEMSELVES WITH WHAT WAS CONSIDERED HERESY.

5. THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT WAY OF SALVATION
MANY ORGANIZED HERESIES TEACH A "GRACE PLUS WORKS" SALVATION. MANY TEACH THAT MAN POSSESSES AT LEAST SOME ABILITY TO EARN ETERNAL LIFE BY THEIR OWN WORKS BY GRACE PERFECTED THROUGH THEIR WORKS. SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH IN THE FINISHED WORK OF JESUS CHRIST ON CALVARY IS DENIED. THE CROSS IS NOT SUFFICIENT. A SYSTEM OF GOOD WORKS, DICTATED BY THE GROUP, HELPS THE MEMBERS EARN ETERNAL LIFE . MEMBERSHIP IN THEIR ORGANIZATION OR CHURCH IS A REQUIREMENT FOR SALVATION IN MOST OF THESE CULTS.

6. THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT JESUS
VIRTUALLY ALL ORGANIZED HERESIES DENY THE DEITY OF JESUS CHRIST, THEY TEACH THAT JESUS IS NOT THE TRUE GOD MANIFEST IN HUMAN FORM BUT SOMETHING LESS, SUCH AS A CREATED BEING, AN ANGEL, A PROPHET, AN ASCENDED MASTER OR JUST "a god" (SECONDARY). SOME TEACH WE TOO CAN BE THE VERY SAME AS JESUS. IN THIS WAY THEY CHANGE THE CLEAR TEACHING OF THE BIBLE OF HIM BEING THE UNIQUE (ONLY BEGOTTEN) SON OF GOD.

7. THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT SPIRIT
MOST ORGANIZED HERESIES TEACH THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT GOD BUT AN IMPERSONAL FORCE OR ENERGY THAT EMANATES FROM GOD TO PERFORM CERTAIN FUNCTIONS, MUCH LIKE THE ENERGY FLOWING FROM A BATTERY TO START A CAR. SOME TEACH THAT IT PERMEATES EVERYTHING AND WE CAN BREATHE IT IN. PRACTICES OF SPIRITISM INCLUDING VISITS BY SPIRIT BEINGS ARE COMMON IN THE NEW AGE AND THEY HAVE COUNTERFEIT MIRACLES TO VALIDATE THEMSELVES.

8. THEY BELIEVE THEY ARE THE ONLY TRUE CHURCH
THE ONE MARK OF AN ORGANIZED HERESY THAT IS THE MOST COMMON IS THEIR CLAIM TO BE THE ONLY GROUP OR CHURCH ORDAINED BY GOD. THEY ALONE SPEAK FOR GOD ON EARTH TODAY. GOD DIRECTS ONLY THEIR ORGANIZATION, OR CHURCH. THIS IS DONE EITHER THROUGH A LEADER WHO HAS ALL THE SAY OR A GROUP. IF ANYONE COMES TO YOU CLAIMING THEY REPRESENT THE ONLY TRUE CHURCH OF CHRIST OR GOD, AND DENY THAT ANYONE ELSE OUTSIDE THEMSELVES CAN BE PART, YOU CAN BE SURE THAT THEY ARE NOT FROM GOD. ALL CHRISTIAN CHURCHES WILL RECOGNIZE OTHERS THAT HOLD THE SAME CORE TEACHINGS THAT THEY DO, THAT WERE ALWAYS PART OF THE HISTORIC CHRISTIAN FAITH.

THE CORE BELIEFS UNITE ONE IN CHRIST AS THERE IS A CERTAIN CRITERIA FOR BIBLICAL DOCTRINE. THIS HAS BEEN HELD SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE SCRIPTURES WRITTEN BY THE APOSTLES AND TAUGHT BY THE CHURCH.

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Kolping: 9:31pm On Oct 23, 2019
THE JESUS OF THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
http://www.letusreason.org/JW13.htm

Jesus warned, "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. "You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles? "Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them" (Matt. 7:15-20).

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 9:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
Kolping:
The Jesus of the Cults and religions

Another Jesus

Today's new spirituality does include Jesus, but he is not the Jesus of Scripture. He is another Jesus who is appreciated by mystics and Gnostics alike. He is accepted by the other religions as a great teacher, an enlightened spiritual master, but not the Son of God, God in the flesh, the only Savior from our sins, and only way to the Father.

God is the only way to God?
Kolping, true or false. Pls reply.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2019
Kolping:
What is a cult

http://www.letusreason.org/Cults1.htm

Throughout the old and New Testament we are warned of false teaching and teachers. Here are only a few references. False teachers in Isa.8:2 false prophets in Deut.13 and 18. Jesus warned of false prophets and teachers in Mt.7:15, Mt.24:23-24; Mk.13:6,21-22. we are warned by Paul in 2 Cor. 11:14; Gal.1:8-9; Col.2:8-9; 2 Thess. 2, 1 Tim.1:3-4,4:1-2. By Peter in 1 Pt.5:8-9,2 Pt.2:1-3. By John 1 Jn.2:18-23, 2 Cor. 4:1-5. Just about every book of the Bible mentions a warning of error and falsehood.

There are two categories of cults, non -Christian and Christian cults. The Christian cult claims to have the truth of Christ and salvation but they deny one or more of the core doctrines of the Christian faith. To simplify an identification of a Christian cult it would be noticeable in several categories. Who is Jesus, the way of salvation, what is your final source of authority and how they relate to others. They want to call themselves Christian without adhering to the tenets of the historic "doctrinal " faith. They change the major core teachings to mean something other than they are defined in the Bible and by the history of the church. The cults do not agree with the historic (Biblical) Christian faith.

What are some of the teachings that cults hold in common?

1. THEY DEIFY MAN
TEACHING THAT MAN MAY BECOME GOD, OR IS A PART OF GOD. MAN NEEDS TO BE A PART OF A CERTAIN GROUP OR CHURCH TO LEARN NEW REVELATION OR KNOWLEDGE TO PROGRESS TO GODHOOD. SOMEONE, USUALLY THE LEADER WILL SAY THEY ARE GOD OR HAS THE CHRIST SPIRIT IN A GREATER WAY. THAT THEY ARE COMMISSIONED OR APPOINTED TO BE THE LEADER BY GOD.

2.THEY HUMANIZE GOD
SOME GROUPS DENY THAT GOD IS ETERNAL. SOME BELIEVE IN MANY GODS, OR THAT ALL IS GOD (PANTHEISM). OTHER GROUPS SUCH AS JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES TEACH THAT GOD'S NATURE OR STATE OF BEING MUST BE UNDERSTOOD AND REASONABLE TO BE TRUE. IN OTHER WORDS, IF FINITE MAN CANNOT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING ABOUT GOD THEN IT IS NOT TRUE. THIS TECHNIQUE SUBTLY ELEVATES MAN'S MENTAL ABILITY TO THAT OF GOD.

3.THEY MINIMIZE OR ELIMINATE SIN
THE BIBLICAL CONCEPT OF SIN IS NOT TAUGHT, OR IS COMPLETELY ELIMINATED BY SOME GROUPS. THIS IS SEEN IN CHRISTIAN SCIENCE, MIND SCIENCE, RELIGIOUS SCIENCE, AND NEW AGE GROUPS. MEANINGS THAT ARE BIBLICAL ARE CHANGED TO THEIR OWN PERSONAL INTERPRETATIONS THAT ARE NOT RELATED TO THE CONTEXT OR ORIGINAL INTENT OF THE AUTHOR..

4.THEY MINIMIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF THE BIBLE
MOST ORGANIZED HERESIES (CULTS) USE "ANOINTED" INFORMATION, BOOKS, MAGAZINES OR SCRIPTURES. THESE ARE BELIEVED TO BE JUST AS OR MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE BIBLE. THEY ARE INDISPENSABLE IN UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLE. SOME GROUPS STRONGLY DISCOURAGE THEIR MEMBERS FROM READING THE BIBLE ALONE, AND SOME DO NOT BELIEVE THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD ALONE. OTHERS USE THE BIBLE WITH THEIR OWN UNIQUE INTERPRETATION UNKNOWN EVER IN THE CHURCH HISTORY OR ALIGN THEMSELVES WITH WHAT WAS CONSIDERED HERESY.

5. THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT WAY OF SALVATION
MANY ORGANIZED HERESIES TEACH A "GRACE PLUS WORKS" SALVATION. MANY TEACH THAT MAN POSSESSES AT LEAST SOME ABILITY TO EARN ETERNAL LIFE BY THEIR OWN WORKS BY GRACE PERFECTED THROUGH THEIR WORKS. SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH IN THE FINISHED WORK OF JESUS CHRIST ON CALVARY IS DENIED. THE CROSS IS NOT SUFFICIENT. A SYSTEM OF GOOD WORKS, DICTATED BY THE GROUP, HELPS THE MEMBERS EARN ETERNAL LIFE . MEMBERSHIP IN THEIR ORGANIZATION OR CHURCH IS A REQUIREMENT FOR SALVATION IN MOST OF THESE CULTS.

6. THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT JESUS
VIRTUALLY ALL ORGANIZED HERESIES DENY THE DEITY OF JESUS CHRIST, THEY TEACH THAT JESUS IS NOT THE TRUE GOD MANIFEST IN HUMAN FORM BUT SOMETHING LESS, SUCH AS A CREATED BEING, AN ANGEL, A PROPHET, AN ASCENDED MASTER OR JUST "a god" (SECONDARY). SOME TEACH WE TOO CAN BE THE VERY SAME AS JESUS. IN THIS WAY THEY CHANGE THE CLEAR TEACHING OF THE BIBLE OF HIM BEING THE UNIQUE (ONLY BEGOTTEN) SON OF GOD.

7. THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT SPIRIT
MOST ORGANIZED HERESIES TEACH THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT GOD BUT AN IMPERSONAL FORCE OR ENERGY THAT EMANATES FROM GOD TO PERFORM CERTAIN FUNCTIONS, MUCH LIKE THE ENERGY FLOWING FROM A BATTERY TO START A CAR. SOME TEACH THAT IT PERMEATES EVERYTHING AND WE CAN BREATHE IT IN. PRACTICES OF SPIRITISM INCLUDING VISITS BY SPIRIT BEINGS ARE COMMON IN THE NEW AGE AND THEY HAVE COUNTERFEIT MIRACLES TO VALIDATE THEMSELVES.

8. THEY BELIEVE THEY ARE THE ONLY TRUE CHURCH
THE ONE MARK OF AN ORGANIZED HERESY THAT IS THE MOST COMMON IS THEIR CLAIM TO BE THE ONLY GROUP OR CHURCH ORDAINED BY GOD. THEY ALONE SPEAK FOR GOD ON EARTH TODAY. GOD DIRECTS ONLY THEIR ORGANIZATION, OR CHURCH. THIS IS DONE EITHER THROUGH A LEADER WHO HAS ALL THE SAY OR A GROUP. IF ANYONE COMES TO YOU CLAIMING THEY REPRESENT THE ONLY TRUE CHURCH OF CHRIST OR GOD, AND DENY THAT ANYONE ELSE OUTSIDE THEMSELVES CAN BE PART, YOU CAN BE SURE THAT THEY ARE NOT FROM GOD. ALL CHRISTIAN CHURCHES WILL RECOGNIZE OTHERS THAT HOLD THE SAME CORE TEACHINGS THAT THEY DO, THAT WERE ALWAYS PART OF THE HISTORIC CHRISTIAN FAITH.

THE CORE BELIEFS UNITE ONE IN CHRIST AS THERE IS A CERTAIN CRITERIA FOR BIBLICAL DOCTRINE. THIS HAS BEEN HELD SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE SCRIPTURES WRITTEN BY THE APOSTLES AND TAUGHT BY THE CHURCH.

kolping POO. TRASH. HOGWASH !
Your (1) is your hypocrisy.
"....USUALLY THE LEADER....HAS THE CHRIST SPIRIT IN A GREATER WAY. THAT THEY ARE COMMISSIONED OR APPOINTED TO BE THE LEADER BY GOD."
You came to this public forum to condemn the same claims that your pastorpreneurs make on the altar of his "business centre"(AKA church).
Congrats,Bro grin
Let's talk about your (6).
According to Jesus Christ, who is the only true God?
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by johnw47: 12:00am On Oct 24, 2019
Maximus69:

™puffed up false jw mad max

truthfully speaking, you say? laugh

you say: he needs spiritual assistance or a psychiatrist, laugh

Maximus69 :

grin

it will take at least SIX fully armed military police officers to subdue just one single military intelligence officer of my kind, if it's just one combatant soldier i will make him regret the very day he joined the force but if he's not into martial arts of any kind then i'll make him eat and drink through his anus! wink

smiley

twelve Combatant mobile police officers are just like bloody civilians before one military intelligence officer! smiley

also your laughies to most everything you say shows your need for a psycharist

2 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Kolping: 12:12am On Oct 24, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qGVHchsa4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTTIx3N-u8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxOa_QoP48U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTQqyOKxLlE
Janosky:

kolping POO. TRASH. HOGWASH !
Your (1) is your hypocrisy.
"....USUALLY THE LEADER....HAS THE CHRIST SPIRIT IN A GREATER WAY. THAT THEY ARE COMMISSIONED OR APPOINTED TO BE THE LEADER BY GOD."
You came to this public forum to condemn the same claims that your pastorpreneurs make on the altar of his "business centre"(AKA church).
Congrats,Bro grin
Let's talk about your (6).
According to Jesus Christ, who is the only true God?
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 24, 2019
Bondatt:

So all this your useless explanations should be saved for the elders when you are called
grin

You're the funniest clown Sir! cheesy

And who told you i can't slap the president of Watchtower and continue attending meetings? cheesy

My friend, you've missed a lot on this forum.

Let me tell you something! wink

It's an anointed person that needs all these craps not one of those hoping for everlasting life on this planet like me! grin

I can get reproved or disfellowshiped over and over and over again but i will never stop attending meetings with God's people until i'm reinstated as a brother again! cheesy

Forget about your condition and come back to serve Jehovah, no one has the right to send Jehovah's sheep away! If i'm still interested in associating with Jehovah's witnesses nobody as in NOBODY have the right to tell me "don't enter the kingdom hall of Jehovah"!

Outside there are wolves in sheep's clothing like you who only wanted Jehovah's sheep out of the city of refuge.

So i will continue to poke the bubbles of deceit you're blowing here! cheesy
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 24, 2019
Bondatt:

Bondatt,

Come back and serve JEHOVAH!

Nobody can send you away apart from your own self!

@bolded confirmed what i've been saying from the onset that you're the funniest clown ever on planet earth!

Nothing will happen to any servant of Jehovah even if you report his/her activities on social media to the PRESIDENT of WATCHTOWER! cheesy

For your information Sir, both the President, GB, Branch committees, elders, ministerial servants and every single member of Jehovah's witnesses organization are just worshippers of the same God, we all agreed to live by the same standard.
So if any of us failed to meet up with his dedication, what is required is HELP Sir NO arrests, NO imprisonments and NO killings of any kind will happen!

Humble yourself and learn what it means to be a member of Jehovah's witnesses, none of us is worshiping the GB. They're just there to oversee our activities globally and if anyone defaults all they're going to do is provide needed HELP so as to keep Jehovah's sheep within the fold!

So Maximum is here, go and report my crimes to God or better still Jesus who has the sole right to JUDGE both the living and the dead. As for the GB of Jehovah's witnesses, they're fellow slaves of the same God just like me! wink
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 24, 2019
Bondatt:

Fool I didn't say it, your organization made the rule not me. Please discredit the watchtower below. Atleast all have eyes.

Many Jws as well as other religious cult adherents are waking up in this information age.

Do you call me FOOL if i choose to ignore your Apostate materials Or for going through it? wink

My friend, it's not too late to return to JEHOVAH'S organization!

Both Jehovah, Jesus, GB, Branch committees, whole association of brothers, sisters globally and amost especially Maximus LOVE you!

You once referred to me as "brother" even when i never acknowledged you as my brother due to your intense hatred for my faith, yet you're calling your so called brother "FOOL" for sticking to the faith the only reason you can rightfully called him brother ! Matthew 5:22

So who really needed help between Bondatt and Maximum? wink
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 24, 2019
Mr Bondatt,

Let me assist you a bit Sir!

The one and only organization on planet earth that encourages CRITICAL THINKING is the Jehovah's witnesses organization, take it or leave it!

A group opposed to critical thinking will never send out their folks to go out there and REASON with people of all sort!

Before i bowed for this group, i've spent several years asking critical and thought provoking questions ranging from social life to religious ideas of different doctrines. But Jehovah's witnesses beat my intelligent!

So your lie that the organization is opposed to CRITICAL THINKING is just the cheapest! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by TemmyT002(m): 1:58pm On Oct 24, 2019
Duggedised12:
see this one,so you wan begin dey preach those una yeye preaching? Lol nothing person nor go see,my friend see you in hell ,i nor fit shout. tongue while i will be in heaven watching your people fight about who is better and who is not,till then carry your bag and umbrella shift go one side grin

Haa

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply)

Nigerian Naira Is Full Of Masonic Symbols / Jackie Chan In Saudi Arabia To Perform Hajj (photo) / Share Your Best Hymns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.