Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us (41797 Views)

Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by pattybf(f): 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2019
Tallesty1:
Their prophecies did fail but they don't tell you it was God's voice. They put things together from informations from the Bible and history.

It is a human effort so it can't be perfect and besides, your church's prophecies do fail everyday too.

Did your pastor not tell you that this year is your year?

How far?

How many prophet and pastors prophecized that Goodluck and Atiku will win?

How far?

We hate Jehovah witness simply because they're better than us.

Hardly do you see them in crime story.

I have never seen them COZA grin grin any member.

Hardly do you see them with teenage pregnancy.

Their is no lukewarm member among them like the rest of other churches. You're either in or out.

They're one and Bible said be one.

No other church supports members financially without extorting first like the Jehovah witness.

grin
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by TemmyT002(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
elisha4gabriel:
why are you people attacking JWs people, what they talked about is the areas they are steadfast that needs to be emulated and not the faith,doctrine,etc you people are talking about.

Thank you o
Chai
See the hatred
Nigerians sha
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by sapientia(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
Lol.

Are JWs Christians?

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Blackvic1: 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
Edybleketara:
their biggest problem is hypocrisy. outwardly jws behave like saints, but in secret, they do the opposite of what they preach.
they also have a knack for berating other religions. they believe they are the only ones who will be saved, and refer to other religions as Babylon the great- the world empire of false religion.
tell me any denomination that does otherwise? In every denomination there are hypocrites and there are good ones I’ve been a Christian for over 27 years gone to different churches but I’ve never been shown the kind of love I was shown when I first went to the Kingdom Hall , hypocrisy is a common trend in the world even the Jews had hypocrites among them , Muslims have hypocrites even the atheists so please let’s be more pragmatic in our opinions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by TemmyT002(m): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
EdiskyHarry:
one thing we don't know as Christians is that the name of your church can never help you to make heaven, be it Jehovah witness, Catholic Church, redeem Christian Church, it doesn't matter in the eyes of the Lord, but your personal relationship with God the father is what will count on that day. so your post is meaningless to me

Congrats
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by TemmyT002(m): 1:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
Bondatt:

The funny thing is you don't even know the definition of a cult. In your mind, you think a cult is a spiritistic community where rituals, initiations, and diabolical things happen. Where people say chants and dance in a trance.

A cult is any thing but that. Any organization that controls behavior, information, thoughts, and emotions is a cult.

As a jw, you can't keep some hairstyle, even though in Your Own conscience you know it's not wrong. The elders or circuit overseer will counsel you. You can't keep well trimmed beards even though their is no biblical injunction against keeping it, else you are not exemplary.
For goodness sake, even the native cloth You Sew must cross your knee if you must use it to give talks at the kingdom hall or assembly hall.

You don't know the true origin Of The religion except what is told to you in your publications. You are discouraged and even warned of reading other research materials. Which they'll term apostate material. The witnesses have been having a case in Australia about child sexual abuse since 2014 involving 1006 victims yet hundreds of thousand publishers in Nigeria know nothing of this. Something that is on the Australian government website. Just so you know you can see the court proceedings on YouTube search Australian royal commission case number 29. Just so you know it's a catholic woman that defended them in court and they paid. Also, governing body member Geoffrey Jackson lied under oath. I'm not making this up, hard to believe as it may sound. All you need do is check it up. it's not apostate material it's simply a court session on YouTube.
You'll never see those cases on JW website but if it's persecution they'll not fail to share it.

They have paid millions of dollars, with dedicated funds to settle child sexual abuse cases.

As a JW your thought is controlled. Independent thinking is called satanic thinking and sinful. They liken it to Eve and Korah. They want you to follow the governing body and obey everything without question even when the governing body says they are not inspired and make mistakes.
You can't question their teachings like the ridiculous 'this generation teaching ' if you question openly you'll be labeled an apostate. Only the governing body has the right to interpret scriptures and you must follow it even when it doesn't make sense(their words not mine).
So you have no mind if Your Own.
You are mocked for acquiring higher education but when you get the skill, they'll want u to use that skill for the organization for free.
Every one has to aspire to full time service or that one is wasted potential and not a spiritual person.
I can go on and on.

They control your emotions. You are always feeling guilty. Even when youve committed no wrong. Even when you are doing well in the eyes of others, you always feel it's not enough. You need to do more.

Remember the definition of a cult I gave you
". Any organization that controls behavior, information, thoughts, and emotions is a cult."

Read www.freedomofmind.org and www.jwfacts.com

Truth fears no scrutiny. Afterall that's what you tell people in field service. It's about time you applied that to yourself. If you have the truth you have nothing to worry about, if you don't you can save yourself and possibly family from this American cult that is squiky clean on the outside but life sapping on the inside.

Cheers.

Why are you quoting stuffs as if they practice the worst form of Christianity? You are quite funny, you know.
I hope you are an atheist and not a Christian though.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by TemmyT002(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
Nowenuse:

See, you couldn't even deny my facts against them. Cos they are true. Oga, they are just pretenders. Of what use is 3 good accompanied with 3 greater evils?

Bros, every human being is a pretender.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Ferrous(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
Well, I love them because of their boldness in evangelism but in reality, the problems we are facing now in our community are caused by their members; secondly, they are like Pharisees (Luke 18:9-14), they believe that, they are the only righteous ones among the Christians. They are very crafty. So, their activities is far different from what they preach; and they are no different from the rest of us.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by TemmyT002(m): 1:38pm On Oct 20, 2019
Bondatt:

Funny enough the witnesses describe Your Own religion even worse. They refer to it as a sect and the great harlot - babylon the great.
They say both you and your religion will be destroyed at Armaggedon.

I always say this. You have to have lived it to talk about it. You will never understand.

Na them sabi
No one is perfect. My post is all about learning the outstanding and wonderful attributes they have. Every other thing is none of my business.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Softenergy(m): 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
Edybleketara:
their biggest problem is hypocrisy. outwardly jws behave like saints, but in secret, they do the opposite of what they preach.
they also have a knack for berating other religions. they believe they are the only ones who will be saved, and refer to other religions as Babylon the great- the world empire of false religion.
Their God Jehovah and their leader Jesus Christ DO NOT tolerate false worship. Jesus denounced the scribe and the Pharisees over and over again. Jesus DON'T believe in inter denomination. Neither do Jehovah's witnesses.
I prefer to give a signed bank open cheque to one of a Jehovah's witness than my blood brother.

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by TemmyT002(m): 1:40pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ferrous:
Well, I love them because of their boldness in evangelism but in reality, the problems we are facing now in our community are caused by their members; secondly, they are like Pharisees (Luke 18:9-14), they believe that, they are the only righteous ones among the Christians. They are very crafty. So, their activities is far different from what they preach; and they are no different from the rest of us.

Other Christians also behave differently from what they preach so...
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by omhor(f): 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2019
I was surprised to see no policeman or soldiers guiding them in their convention, the place is not even a hall its like a mini stadium with more than 4,000 people in attendant. When the program ends I thought I will see people rushing and running over one another, but to my surprise people were just walking orderly as if they've been thought to do so, no usher, police, soldiers or whatever, I so much like them I swear.

4 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 20, 2019
All you have written are good works that do not make one a Christian. What makes one a Christian is that he/she will repent of his/ her sins, believe on the Lord Jesus as Saviour and remain holy in lifestyle and deeds.

These they have not done!

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Bondatt: 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2019
TemmyT002:

Why are you quoting stuffs as if they practice the worst form of Christianity? You are quite funny, you know.
I hope you are an atheist and not a Christian though.

You are getting it wrong my brother. The fact has to be stated not minding feelings.
They have some really dangerous interpretation Of The scriptures. It has to be said. The Jws are known for exposing other false religious teachings. I'm simply dealing them the hand they've dealt others.

To your question, absolutely not. I'm not an Atheist. I believe in God and Christ. I believe that when believers meet togther in Jesus name, he's in our midst.

I meant no harm my brother. Do the research that's all that's needed.

2 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by yoged(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2019
Edybleketara:
. I think your opinion will change when you stop thinking Jehovah's witnesses are perfect ..They are not perfect, and also make mistakes . But they always tried as much as possible to follow Gods principle .

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Kennitrust(m): 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
War [b][/b][color=#000099][/color]games
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by yoged(m): 1:52pm On Oct 20, 2019
Rafiq2:
Well they are really an intresting bunch really, though a bit annoying, but make quite interesting conversation. Even when I told one of their members i am a Muslim, she still insisting I can be saved.

I was like "saved?......from what" am not in any danger.

Well, for keeping me entertain I offered them chill bottled water on their way out. nonetheless I like how they are committed to their cause, I like them though, they are persistant
saved from what ?? No Jehovah's witnesses will used such words like saved. Probably you didn't remember the words we uses . Jehovahs witnesses respect other people religion, and Muslim is one of them.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nowenuse: 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
TemmyT002:

Bros, every human being is a pretender.

But some are worse than others. The likes of JW and Deeper life who act like Saints and Angels outside and worse than the Devil on the inside. The Pharisees!
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by saintfieldcastro: 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
I love Jehovah's witnesses and will become a member very soon..
They are the genuine Christians..Even My church is fake..

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Blackvic1: 1:58pm On Oct 20, 2019
saintobas:
Thank God you said they are not Christian/ are separated.

All what you listed there is been done by Muslims and Christians according to their religion way of doing it.

Saying that your organization is better than other
Christians is provocative and speak of who you are on the inside.

When did jw start?
the Methodist, the Roman Catholic etc have been preaching, persecuted, beheaded even up till now before your organization started.

All religion have people who are members but don't follow every law

This is why people avoid you guys, always trying to belittle others religion. From my experience people who behave like this usually have low self-esteem and are depressed, I pray you find the help you need.

I love reading awake and watchtower for the historical facts, biology experiment etc

Please if there are any mistakes in my write up let me know an I will correct it, thanks.
wait did you just say that the Roman Catholics were persecuted by whom exactly please? Please get your facts correctly, the Romans persecuted Christians till they adapted to the religion and named it Roman Catholic and they ruled the world for almost 2000 years
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Donbabaj: 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2019
The little I know:

Dislikes: No Hell fire shocked, No blood transfusion shocked, No birthday celebration in whatever capacity; Argument:They can argue for Africa.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by MUSACALLY(m): 2:03pm On Oct 20, 2019
generationz:
Yes, they preach and encourage their members to study the Bible but I know three Jehovahs witness elders who are confirmed Jazzmen. Two don't hide it at all. One does but you'll see him digging his compound today and burying that tomorrow.

This is because:

1. The average witness hardly prays compared to even Jesus and the early church.

Matthew 26 vs 40.
Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Couldn't you men keep watch with me for one hour?" he asked Peter.

Yes, Jesus was praying for one hour before he returned to his disciples then he went back again to pray for another hour TO RECEIVE STRENGTH

Prayer is the only way a Christian can receive strength. Any Christian organization that doesn't
teach it's members how to stand in the place of prayers for long hours ALONE should be checked.

Paul: Acts 9 vs 8 -12

8 Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. 9 For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.

10 In Damascus, there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, “Ananias!”

“Yes, Lord,” he answered.

11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision, he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”.

Even Paul as a baby Christian knew the importance of persistently banging on heavens door to get results. Remember the story Jesus told of the corrupt Judge and the persistent widow? I can't go into depth as to the power of prayer now because it is a vast topic.

2. If you want to know a real Christian don't ask him to quote scriptures and him about the Holy Spirit.

Jehovah's witnesses have bastardized the person of the Holy Spirit. They call him Gods active force when Jesus Christ clearly referred to the Holy Spirit as a "He" and "Him"

John 16 vs 7-8
. 7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send HIM to you. 8 When HE comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment:

Vs 12.

12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

Do you refer to an active force as He? Do you refer to electricity, lightning, thunder, rain as He?

Even Jehovah's witnesses couldn't alter that part.

3. They know scriptures, yes but ask an average Jehovah's witness what is your opinion about this scripture as revealed to you by the Holy Spirit, they will stare at you like groundnut.

The regurgitate what they have been taught by Charles T. Russell their founder.

As the Bereans showed us by example scriptures taught must be open for questioning and research at all times. They are far worse than Catholics when it comes to their herd mentality but they don't know.

Now, to their good side, I don't think I have seen a religious org. as united as them. All their building works are done by members.

Yes, I used to be a witness so that's why I can point out their loopholes.
By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.” - John 13:35

Love is the identifying mark of true Christians.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Holysholay: 2:05pm On Oct 20, 2019
My neighbor who is a JW never came to my baby naming ceremony nd dey never came to say hi to d newly born baby... and u want me to believe dat religion is ok?

They claimed dey are JW nd dont attend Naming ceremory. I asked them if its burial ceremony dey like to attend.

OP, I hate this particular neighbor for this.

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Sarahless: 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2019
When Jesus was about to depart from Earth he told his disciples to love eachother no where you could find that love except among Jehovah's People John 13:34-35......No where in the world if you identify yourself as Jehovah's witness you are highly welcomed... Because we share the same teaching to love one another...which other organizations is more consistent than witnesses... The same watchtower study article will be discussed all throughout the world...

Secondly.. Jesus command in Mathew 28. 19-20... Who are the people that adhere to this instructions of moving house to house

Just coming from preaching though...
quote author=TemmyT002 post=82878963]Taking Nigeria as a case study, if you are not a Jehovah’s Witness, you must have heard from some pastors or some other Christians like you about how the Jehovah’s Witnesses teach the wrong gospel. You must have heard them say that they use the wrong Bible. They must have told you to kick them out of your house or never let them in. They might have even told you that listening to them could lead you to Hell Fire.

My view about them changed when I related with one of them during an external tutorial class. There was a single guy among the rest in a mixed class of Christians and Muslims. This guy was the only Jehovah’s Witness. We all had a lot of fun bullying him. We made jest of his bag and made jest of the fact that he was a Jehovah’s Witness.

Despite all these bullying, he never retaliated. We were still kids back then and our knowledge of the Bible was what we were taught in our different churches. We argued over some verses in the bible and the guy took pains to explain some topics based on what he had been taught. We all shut him down, of course.

Years later, I had the opportunity to visit one of their Kingdom Halls. I had read a lot of their FREE publications and I wanted to see what they did there. I was wowed. I have been to many other churches but this Kingdom Hall was different.

The surprising part was that after the service, I met this guy again and he was so happy to see me. I was surprised. I thought he would make jest of me and ask why I was there. Instead, he and the other people there showed me love.

How are the Jehovah’s Witnesses better Christians than the rest of us?

1. THEY FACE MORE PERSECUTIONS

The Bible says “Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven”- Matthew 5:10

John 15:18- “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.”

2 Timothy 3:12 – “Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.”

You will agree with me that Christians in Nigeria also get persecuted but the persecutions occur mostly in the Northern part of Nigeria. Jehovah’s Witnesses, however, are many all over the world and they are persecuted more than all other Christians of different denominations. The recent one occurred in Russia.

The Southwestern part of Nigeria, which is full of the Yorubas is considered to be full of people who are tolerant and accept you into their society no matter your status or religion. However, Jehovah’s Witnesses still get persecuted there most of the time.

I watched an American movie about the Second World War and at the end of the movie, some statistics were listed based on the number of people who were killed by Hitler’s Soldiers. Apart from the Jews, the homosexuals, and blacks, I was surprised to see Jehovah’s Witnesses listed among them too.

2. DONATIONS ARE VOLUNTARY

Unlike in other Christian churches where people are forced or even threatened to make donations, donations in Kingdom Halls of the Jehovah’s Witnesses are quite voluntary. When you walk into one of their Halls, you will see a box right at the entrance calling you to make voluntary donations.

In other churches, publications are not free. Pastors and General Overseers write a lot of books. Some churches even produce a lot of books for the benefit of their congregations but these books are not free. This is different with Jehovah’s Witnesses.

In each Kingdom Hall, at least the ones I have been to, there is a special place where lots of books and publications are arranged. You can pick any book depending on the language you want for free.

You might have seen them giving out books on the streets and they would never ask you to buy them. They would instead ask you to make voluntary donations. Even if you don’t have money, you can go ahead and pick. They are more interested in making sure you gain the knowledge of God’s word.

3. MEMBERS AND SOCIAL MEDIA

Do you know a Jehovah’s Witness who doesn’t ‘preach’ on social media? When Jesus was leaving the earth, he asked his disciples to go all over the world and preach the gospel.

Thankfully, we are in the jet age where you can share information that can reach people all over the world. Unfortunately, today’s Christians rarely make use of this opportunity to preach the gospel.

There are lots of Christians who have huge followers on different social media platforms but unless they are pastors, you would rarely see them post anything related to the gospel on their accounts. Instead of sermons you will see them posting their beautiful pictures.

Jehovah’s Witnesses’ members post different topics on Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Pinterest, and so on. Whatever they learn in their Kingdom Halls or conventions, they make sure they share them online.

Other Christians prefer to share nonsensical topics and topics that won’t touch your life positively in anyway. They are supposed to share the sermons they learn from their different churches every Sunday but they would rather share posts concerning Big Brother Nigeria or other nonsense.

4. EVANGELISM

This is one of the things they are known for. Apart from the social media, radio and other modes of evangelism, the Jehovah’s Witnesses preach the gospel by walking from house to house.

Despite the fact that a lot of people reject them, they still keep on. Everything in their minds is looking for one or two people whose lives they can touch positively. You see them walking in the sun, with their umbrellas and bags, with no shame. They prefer to follow God’s instructions and they do this at least twice in a week, walking long distances.

5. TESTIMONIES

Their testimonies are different from those of other Christians. While other Christians give testimonies about what God has done in their lives, most of the testimonies usually involve material things of the world. This is good but there is always something missing.

Other Christians testify about the new cars they just purchased, the new child they just had, the new house they just built and so on. The testimonies of Jehovah’s Witnesses involve turning over a new leaf, giving their lives to Jesus and becoming a model example.

They have different stories on testimonies like these. When you read about people changing and turning over a new leaf, you will be encouraged and you will want to have the same experience. In one of their publications, I read about a Japanese Kamikaze soldier who fought in World War Two and then became a Jehovah’s Witness and began to preach the gospel. I was wowed.

6. THEY ARE ORDERLY AND CALM

Have you ever walked into a Kingdom Hall? As you approach the place, you would believe they are not holding any program because you won’t hear anything. It is only when you enter into the Hall that you will realize that there is a program going on after all.

Other churches love the use of loud speakers. You could be far away and you would hear the different speakers from different churches booming and screaming. Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Kingdom Halls do not pollute the air with noises.

During their programs, they never compete for Bible reading. We all know this. In Pentecostal churches, when the pastor calls a Bible verse, you see fifty people trying to read the same verse at the same time. You would think the fastest reader would be paid for it.

The ‘winner’ is usually the fastest reader. This usually causes fracas among the readers after church services and you may sometimes see two ‘readers’ keeping malice against each other.

The reverse is the case in Kingdom Halls. When a Bible verse is called or when a question is asked, people would raise their hands in order to respond. Everything is calm and quiet. You feel peace in your heart. You forget your problems.

7. SHOW OF LOVE

Many churches in Nigeria love to welcome newcomers. Some churches serve them foods and drinks and collect their phone numbers. The choir members sing a song of welcome and then some top leaders of different groups walk over to the newcomers to shake their hands and welcome. That’s all.

At the end of the program, everyone leaves and forget the newcomer. This occurs in most churches. When a newcomer’s phone number is gotten, all the church want to do is to make sure the newcomer becomes a member and comes always.

In Kingdom Halls, this is different. After the service, almost everyone walks over to you to shake your hand and welcome you with beautiful smiles. Then they politely ask if you would want free Bible study.

There are so many other ways by which the Jehovah’s Witnesses are better Christians than the rest of us and we need to emulate these qualities. There is a very big difference if we are being sincere with ourselves.

Showing love to one another is the key to peaceful nation. Despite the number of churches in Nigeria, in different states and in different streets, corruption is still rampant. Ethnic bigotry and tribalism is till rampant. Something is wrong somewhere and it is all in our hands to change things.

Emulating the qualities of the Jehovah’s Witnesses is the key.

SOURCE: https://opinionsandstories.com/how-the-jehovahs-witnesses-are-better-christians-than-the-rest-of-us/[/quote]

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by ngwababe(f): 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2019
Tallesty1:
First of all.. I am not a Jehova Witness.

Secondly, they believe in hell(total destruction) not everlasting torment in a lake of fire.

And finally.... They believe in holy spirit

But the Bible called it everlasting torment in a lake of fire, what then do they mean by total destruction? If souls that did not sin will go to paradise, then, where will the souls that sinned go?

I'm yet to believe you in that part of the holy spirit, a JW should prove me wrong.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:09pm On Oct 20, 2019
OkCornel:
I don’t agree with some JW doctrines, and I regularly make it known to them. They also tell me it’s normal, as we cannot agree on everything.

However, kudos to the things they’re getting right. Their Awake and Watchtower publications are well researched and informative. I read them from time to time.
I have never been a JW and I don't know if I will ever be, but I always love all their publications. They are usually research driven and science oriented. Plus they are loaded with real life experiences.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by rottennaija(m): 2:11pm On Oct 20, 2019
Janosky:

You're posting POO.
Clap for yourself.
How many times you done climb your church pulpit and challenge your pastorpreneurs false teachings after he has separated you from your hard earned money in the name of membership dues & other gbogbotigbo?
How much apostle Paul and Peter pay for membership dues?

Your pastors "this is your year" mantra , failed prophecies and ritualistic singsong, you no dey see am?
How many times have you raise objections in your church?
JWs are going forward....
Keep deluding yourself.

In relation to the pastorpreneurs, Can you relate to this images below?

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OkCornel(m): 2:13pm On Oct 20, 2019
Dizzyrascal:
I have never been a JW and I don't know if I will ever be, but I always love all their publications. They are usually research driven and science oriented. Plus they are loaded with real life experiences.....

True talk!
Their publications are mentally enriching to be honest.

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 20, 2019
TemmyT002:

Whatever ma'am
Na you sabi
You too whatever sir, na you sabi
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by gly(m): 2:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
OP you forgot to add this...they do not believe in tithing! I am always proud of them. They have known the truth that is why they are unique and do not struggle for anything
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Sarahless: 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2019
You are very funny, saying witnesses are not allowed to think for themselves that statements validate your myopic view about what the Bible stands for. Majority of them came out from other religion after they have justapos the relationship between their latter religion and now been witness...
Jehovah's witnesses have no personal prophesies that could failed... But we lean on Bible prophesies that will and cannot failed.. avail your heart and incline your heart to wisdom to see. Isaiah 55.11.. Jehovah's word does not fails

Note: Against the notion that we witnesses paraded ourselve as holy or saint, we are fallable too been imperfect, but we endeavor to ensure we match ourselve with Bible principle in which make us different in all our deed

uote author=drips8 post=82879917]The JWs are not allowed to think for themselves or question the rules because outside thoughts are said to be from the devil.
JWs have to disown family or friends whoever leave the faith and cut them off completely.
They have also had a lot of failed prophecies.
JWs members are banned from reading religious texts from other beliefs but will gladly teach people of other faiths about theirs.
The watchtower group claims politics is evil but they are aligned with the UN.
[/quote]
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by rottennaija(m): 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
OkCornel:

True talk!
Their publications are mentally enriching to be honest.

See the screenshot below to see how mentally enriching it can be

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

These groups of people worldwide won't make it to heaven / Ooni Of Ife’s Spirit Knocked My Door In Nigeria On The Day He Died – Prophet / Jindu John Nwabudike And Oyedepo On Jet Ride: My Cameras Will Never Remain Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.