Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us (41649 Views)

Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 20, 2019
They rarely have premarital sex
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Legendguru: 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2019
Hmmm
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by nkemjacob2(m): 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2019
D problem i have with them, is their method of teaching. The preach to u but u dont preach to them.

Dey have fine girls.. grin and intelligent too.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
OkCornel:

Are Awake and Watchtower publications trash and jargons? Yes or No

Of course they are trash and jargons, but making usw of those trash and jargons those old men in America have succeeded in uniting over 8,500,000 individuals from different nations of the earth, and they have formed one big happy family of peace loving worshipers! John 17:20-23

And it's those trash and jargons that helped them cultivate all those EVIL attributes the OP listed above! Matthew 7:15-20

Well i suppose the whole inhabitants of this planet should get used to those trash and jargons! smiley

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by iamDrRhymes(m): 4:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
generationz:
Yes, they preach and encourage their members to study the Bible but I know three Jehovahs witness elders who are confirmed Jazzmen. Two don't hide it at all. One does but you'll see him digging his compound today and burying that tomorrow.

This is because:

1. The average witness hardly prays compared to even Jesus and the early church.

Matthew 26 vs 40.
Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Couldn't you men keep watch with me for one hour?" he asked Peter.

Yes, Jesus was praying for one hour before he returned to his disciples then he went back again to pray for another hour TO RECEIVE STRENGTH

Prayer is the only way a Christian can receive strength. Any Christian organization that doesn't
teach it's members how to stand in the place of prayers for long hours ALONE should be checked.

Paul: Acts 9 vs 8 -12

8 Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. 9 For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.

10 In Damascus, there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, “Ananias!”

“Yes, Lord,” he answered.

11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision, he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”.

Even Paul as a baby Christian knew the importance of persistently banging on heavens door to get results. Remember the story Jesus told of the corrupt Judge and the persistent widow? I can't go into depth as to the power of prayer now because it is a vast topic.

2. If you want to know a real Christian don't ask him to quote scriptures and him about the Holy Spirit.

Jehovah's witnesses have bastardized the person of the Holy Spirit. They call him Gods active force when Jesus Christ clearly referred to the Holy Spirit as a "He" and "Him"

John 16 vs 7-8
. 7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send HIM to you. 8 When HE comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment:

Vs 12.

12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

Do you refer to an active force as He? Do you refer to electricity, lightning, thunder, rain as He?

Even Jehovah's witnesses couldn't alter that part.

3. They know scriptures, yes but ask an average Jehovah's witness what is your opinion about this scripture as revealed to you by the Holy Spirit, they will stare at you like groundnut.

The regurgitate what they have been taught by Charles T. Russell their founder.

As the Bereans showed us by example scriptures taught must be open for questioning and research at all times. They are far worse than Catholics when it comes to their herd mentality but they don't know.

Now, to their good side, I don't think I have seen a religious org. as united as them. All their building works are done by members.

Yes, I used to be a witness so that's why I can point out their loopholes.

Wow!!!! You have said more than I even have in mind.
I sincerely admire the Jehovah's Witness more than any Christian denomination. My issue with them is that they have the knowledge but they deny the power of God.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by rottennaija(m): 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
OkCornel:

Are Awake and Watchtower publications trash and jargons? Yes or No

No book is ever a trash or jargon. There is sense in every nonsense. But a book that has a shell life of 10 years is not something worth making life or death decisions over

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by OkCornel(m): 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
Maximus69:

Of course they are trash and jargons, but making usw of those trash and jargons those old men in America have succeeded in uniting over 8,500,000 individuals from different nations of the earth, and they have formed one big happy family of peace loving worshipers! John 17:20-23

And it's those trash and jargons that helped them cultivate all those EVIL attributes the OP listed above! Matthew 7:15-20

Well i suppose the whole inhabitants of this planet should get used to those trash and jargons! smiley

Kudos smiley

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Psoul(m): 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2019
TemmyT002:

Thanks bro.
I am not a Jehovah's Witness
And if Christians fight all over this, it just shows again how terrible Christianity has become.
By your comment, it seems you are one of those who choose to keep the truth quiet or hidden because you are afraid or negative reactions.

To you, truth is saying that Members of Jehovah Witness are Better Christians than the rest of Christians?
You must be a joke
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by studentofTruth: 4:38pm On Oct 20, 2019
Psoul:

Well, my dear, I truly knw that your question was not really to build ur spiritual faith. You were asking just to twist the Bible a little.
Now let me clear you here.
God never created Adam and Eve to turn around to punish them. It is just like saying that God created Judas to betray Jesus and still God turned around to punish him.

The fact is that There is Satan in this world. So long as there is the existence of Satan here, bad things are bound to happen. Now, do God destine any man in particular to accomplish the bad thing? No...He will never do that. God created everyone with living conscience. He gives every man total freedom to chose between bn good or bn bad.

So God created Adam and Eve to enjoy and live happily in the Garden, they made their choice and god God offended. Just like in the case of Judas. The duty of betraying Christ was not handed over to Judas. It was available for anyone that will allow himself to be used by Satan. God knows that if He sends His son, Satan will like to kill him so that the mission will not yield fruit not knowing that killing Him will make it yield fruit faster. So Judas availed himself for that job. It could have bn anyone else.

Let me give u a practical example. Let's assume u are a student. You have a good looking smartphone. U know that if you leave ur phone unattended to in an open class, it will be stolen by someone. You want to know some of those students stealing ppl's stuff. Probably, u want to shame them to deter others.
Now, u drop ur phone in that empty class. God to somewhere and hide. U will be watching ppl coming and leaving the class. Some will come, see the phone and go their way. Someone who will allow himself to be used by Satan will take the phone, switch it off and convert it to his. If u catch this person and punish him/her, will I be right to say that you destined that person to steal ur phone?
You did not, but among many, he/she allowed him/herself to be used by Satan.

There's no answer to that question without diminishing any of the four attributes of God, according to Christian teaching: omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence, and infinitely loving. Logically speaking, it's impossible to possess all the four attributes, but God transcends logic.

That God loves each person infinitely is a scam!
God's love for each individual is only to the extent that the person a part of His game — just the way a farmer loves his tool; a pharmacist loves his laboratory rats; or an embryologist loves the cells he's using for his research.

So, Adam and Eve were tools to achieve His aim, knowing fully well that they'll lose their usefulness and be discarded. Likewise, Judas was used to achieve the crucifixion — He even pointed to him and asked him to hasten his betrayal plans.
His game, His rules! You and I are pawns in His game — we just have to be royal pawns!
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Kolping: 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2019
In 1881 Charles Taze Russell (of the famous Russell family) co-founded the Zion's Watchtower Tract Society with William Henry Conley as a non-profit, non-stock corporation with Russell listed as President in Allegheny (now part of Pittsburgh), Pennsylvania, USA. Their purpose was for the printing and distribution of religious tracts. The magazine spoke of the end of the current world system. He denied many key Christian doctrines found in the Word of God, the Bible, including eternal punishment, the Trinity, the deity of Christ, and the existence of the Holy Spirit. . After his death, Rutherford’s followers maintained control of the Watch Tower Society and officially renamed themselves Jehovah’s witnesses in July 1931 as a religious movement. The Watch Tower Society remains the official religious body of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. Today there are some 8 million Jehovah’s Witnesses in the world.

A close reading of 2 Corinthians chapter 11 reveals how Satan’s ministers (yes, Satan has his own ministers or "men of god"!) disguise themselves as an angel or preacher of light.

2 Corinthians 11 King James Version (KJV)
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

TemmyT002:
Taking Nigeria as a case study, if you are not a Jehovah’s Witness, you must have heard from some pastors or some other Christians like you about how the Jehovah’s Witnesses teach the wrong gospel. You must have heard them say that they use the wrong Bible. They must have told you to kick them out of your house or never let them in. They might have even told you that listening to them could lead you to Hell Fire.

My view about them changed when I related with one of them during an external tutorial class. There was a single guy among the rest in a mixed class of Christians and Muslims. This guy was the only Jehovah’s Witness. We all had a lot of fun bullying him. We made jest of his bag and made jest of the fact that he was a Jehovah’s Witness.

Despite all these bullying, he never retaliated. We were still kids back then and our knowledge of the Bible was what we were taught in our different churches. We argued over some verses in the bible and the guy took pains to explain some topics based on what he had been taught. We all shut him down, of course.

Years later, I had the opportunity to visit one of their Kingdom Halls. I had read a lot of their FREE publications and I wanted to see what they did there. I was wowed. I have been to many other churches but this Kingdom Hall was different.

The surprising part was that after the service, I met this guy again and he was so happy to see me. I was surprised. I thought he would make jest of me and ask why I was there. Instead, he and the other people there showed me love.

How are the Jehovah’s Witnesses better Christians than the rest of us?

1. THEY FACE MORE PERSECUTIONS

The Bible says “Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven”- Matthew 5:10

John 15:18- “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.”

2 Timothy 3:12 – “Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.”

You will agree with me that Christians in Nigeria also get persecuted but the persecutions occur mostly in the Northern part of Nigeria. Jehovah’s Witnesses, however, are many all over the world and they are persecuted more than all other Christians of different denominations. The recent one occurred in Russia.

The Southwestern part of Nigeria, which is full of the Yorubas is considered to be full of people who are tolerant and accept you into their society no matter your status or religion. However, Jehovah’s Witnesses still get persecuted there most of the time.

I watched an American movie about the Second World War and at the end of the movie, some statistics were listed based on the number of people who were killed by Hitler’s Soldiers. Apart from the Jews, the homosexuals, and blacks, I was surprised to see Jehovah’s Witnesses listed among them too.

2. DONATIONS ARE VOLUNTARY

Unlike in other Christian churches where people are forced or even threatened to make donations, donations in Kingdom Halls of the Jehovah’s Witnesses are quite voluntary. When you walk into one of their Halls, you will see a box right at the entrance calling you to make voluntary donations.

In other churches, publications are not free. Pastors and General Overseers write a lot of books. Some churches even produce a lot of books for the benefit of their congregations but these books are not free. This is different with Jehovah’s Witnesses.

In each Kingdom Hall, at least the ones I have been to, there is a special place where lots of books and publications are arranged. You can pick any book depending on the language you want for free.

You might have seen them giving out books on the streets and they would never ask you to buy them. They would instead ask you to make voluntary donations. Even if you don’t have money, you can go ahead and pick. They are more interested in making sure you gain the knowledge of God’s word.

3. MEMBERS AND SOCIAL MEDIA

Do you know a Jehovah’s Witness who doesn’t ‘preach’ on social media? When Jesus was leaving the earth, he asked his disciples to go all over the world and preach the gospel.

Thankfully, we are in the jet age where you can share information that can reach people all over the world. Unfortunately, today’s Christians rarely make use of this opportunity to preach the gospel.

There are lots of Christians who have huge followers on different social media platforms but unless they are pastors, you would rarely see them post anything related to the gospel on their accounts. Instead of sermons you will see them posting their beautiful pictures.

Jehovah’s Witnesses’ members post different topics on Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Pinterest, and so on. Whatever they learn in their Kingdom Halls or conventions, they make sure they share them online.

Other Christians prefer to share nonsensical topics and topics that won’t touch your life positively in anyway. They are supposed to share the sermons they learn from their different churches every Sunday but they would rather share posts concerning Big Brother Nigeria or other nonsense.

4. EVANGELISM

This is one of the things they are known for. Apart from the social media, radio and other modes of evangelism, the Jehovah’s Witnesses preach the gospel by walking from house to house.

Despite the fact that a lot of people reject them, they still keep on. Everything in their minds is looking for one or two people whose lives they can touch positively. You see them walking in the sun, with their umbrellas and bags, with no shame. They prefer to follow God’s instructions and they do this at least twice in a week, walking long distances.

5. TESTIMONIES

Their testimonies are different from those of other Christians. While other Christians give testimonies about what God has done in their lives, most of the testimonies usually involve material things of the world. This is good but there is always something missing.

Other Christians testify about the new cars they just purchased, the new child they just had, the new house they just built and so on. The testimonies of Jehovah’s Witnesses involve turning over a new leaf, giving their lives to Jesus and becoming a model example.

They have different stories on testimonies like these. When you read about people changing and turning over a new leaf, you will be encouraged and you will want to have the same experience. In one of their publications, I read about a Japanese Kamikaze soldier who fought in World War Two and then became a Jehovah’s Witness and began to preach the gospel. I was wowed.

6. THEY ARE ORDERLY AND CALM

Have you ever walked into a Kingdom Hall? As you approach the place, you would believe they are not holding any program because you won’t hear anything. It is only when you enter into the Hall that you will realize that there is a program going on after all.

Other churches love the use of loud speakers. You could be far away and you would hear the different speakers from different churches booming and screaming. Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Kingdom Halls do not pollute the air with noises.

During their programs, they never compete for Bible reading. We all know this. In Pentecostal churches, when the pastor calls a Bible verse, you see fifty people trying to read the same verse at the same time. You would think the fastest reader would be paid for it.

The ‘winner’ is usually the fastest reader. This usually causes fracas among the readers after church services and you may sometimes see two ‘readers’ keeping malice against each other.

The reverse is the case in Kingdom Halls. When a Bible verse is called or when a question is asked, people would raise their hands in order to respond. Everything is calm and quiet. You feel peace in your heart. You forget your problems.

7. SHOW OF LOVE

Many churches in Nigeria love to welcome newcomers. Some churches serve them foods and drinks and collect their phone numbers. The choir members sing a song of welcome and then some top leaders of different groups walk over to the newcomers to shake their hands and welcome. That’s all.

At the end of the program, everyone leaves and forget the newcomer. This occurs in most churches. When a newcomer’s phone number is gotten, all the church want to do is to make sure the newcomer becomes a member and comes always.

In Kingdom Halls, this is different. After the service, almost everyone walks over to you to shake your hand and welcome you with beautiful smiles. Then they politely ask if you would want free Bible study.

There are so many other ways by which the Jehovah’s Witnesses are better Christians than the rest of us and we need to emulate these qualities. There is a very big difference if we are being sincere with ourselves.

Showing love to one another is the key to peaceful nation. Despite the number of churches in Nigeria, in different states and in different streets, corruption is still rampant. Ethnic bigotry and tribalism is till rampant. Something is wrong somewhere and it is all in our hands to change things.

Emulating the qualities of the Jehovah’s Witnesses is the key.

SOURCE: https://opinionsandstories.com/how-the-jehovahs-witnesses-are-better-christians-than-the-rest-of-us/
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by supercase1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
drips8:
The JWs are not allowed to think for themselves or question the rules because outside thoughts are said to be from the devil.
JWs have to disown family or friends whoever leave the faith and cut them off completely.
They have also had a lot of failed prophecies.
JWs members are banned from reading religious texts from other beliefs but will gladly teach people of other faiths about theirs.
The watchtower group claims politics is evil but they are aligned with the UN.
Stop saying what u know nothing about okay!! !
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by dobiee(f): 5:13pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ladycewhy:
You did not talk about how they would rather allow their sick family member die than give them blood embarassed

you didn't talk about how they are waiting for everyone including you and i who are not jws to die so they can inherit the earth and things they didn't labor for grin,

you didn't talk about how they don't vote or support govt but still want to benefit from govt . undecided
tell them o some are dedicated while some are pretenders of the highest order they don't act what they preach

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 20, 2019
iamDrRhymes:

Wow!!!! You have said more than I even have in mind.
I sincerely admire the Jehovah's Witness more than any Christian denomination. My issue with them is that they have the knowledge but they deny the power of God 2Timothy 3:5.

Perhaps one needs to assist you in grasping what Paul meant by that statement! smiley

Jehovah's Witnesses are people from different nations claiming their JEHOVAH is one God, they also claimed that this JEHOVAH is their father, they also claim that Jesus is their commander and that they're one army behind this commander!

Now let's take it up one after another!

Could it be that they're truthfully worshipers of one God? Deuteronomy 6:4, Mark 12:28-30

Is their God powerful enough to unite them as one? Isaiah 2:1-4, John 17:20-23

What about their mode of worship? Are they truly united in the same line of thought? Roman 15:5-6, 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2

Have they proved themselves as students of one guy from Nazareth whom a prophecy called a wonderful counsel, mighty God, prince of peace? Isaiah 9:6 Are they all WONDERFULLY guided by the same counsel?, Are they worshiping as if the same God?, Are they the most peace loving religious group on this planet? Is their JEHOVAH (whom they claim to be their God and father) able to eradicate the rifts cause by Racism and Politics in their midst unlike other religions who also claim to worship the same God?

Well i think carefully considering this things {Philippians 4:7} will help you to know if truthfully speaking, their showy display of Godly devotion has proved false to it's efficacy! smiley

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2019
OkCornel:

Kudos smiley
Please ask rotten if his parents are still distributing trash and jargons because the last time i checked it's like they are also members of Jehovah's Witnesses organization! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by TemmyT002(m): 5:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
Kolping:
In 1881 Charles Taze Russell (of the famous Russell family) co-founded the Zion's Watchtower Tract Society with William Henry Conley as a non-profit, non-stock corporation with Russell listed as President in Allegheny (now part of Pittsburgh), Pennsylvania, USA. Their purpose was for the printing and distribution of religious tracts. The magazine spoke of the end of the current world system. He denied many key Christian doctrines found in the Word of God, the Bible, including eternal punishment, the Trinity, the deity of Christ, and the existence of the Holy Spirit. . After his death, Rutherford’s followers maintained control of the Watch Tower Society and officially renamed themselves Jehovah’s witnesses in July 1931 as a religious movement. The Watch Tower Society remains the official religious body of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. Today there are some 8 million Jehovah’s Witnesses in the world.

A close reading of 2 Corinthians chapter 11 reveals how Satan’s ministers (yes, Satan has his own ministers or "men of god"!) disguise themselves as an angel or preacher of light.

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

It was making sense from the beginning until you got to the last part.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by poik(m): 5:45pm On Oct 20, 2019
TemmyT002:
Taking Nigeria as a case study, if you are not a Jehovah’s Witness, you must have heard from some pastors or some other Christians like you about how the Jehovah’s Witnesses teach the wrong gospel. You must have heard them say that they use the wrong Bible. They must have told you to kick them out of your house or never let them in. They might have even told you that listening to them could lead you to Hell Fire.

My view about them changed when I related with one of them during an external tutorial class. There was a single guy among the rest in a mixed class of Christians and Muslims. This guy was the only Jehovah’s Witness. We all had a lot of fun bullying him. We made jest of his bag and made jest of the fact that he was a Jehovah’s Witness.

Despite all these bullying, he never retaliated. We were still kids back then and our knowledge of the Bible was what we were taught in our different churches. We argued over some verses in the bible and the guy took pains to explain some topics based on what he had been taught. We all shut him down, of course.

Years later, I had the opportunity to visit one of their Kingdom Halls. I had read a lot of their FREE publications and I wanted to see what they did there. I was wowed. I have been to many other churches but this Kingdom Hall was different.

The surprising part was that after the service, I met this guy again and he was so happy to see me. I was surprised. I thought he would make jest of me and ask why I was there. Instead, he and the other people there showed me love.

How are the Jehovah’s Witnesses better Christians than the rest of us?

1. THEY FACE MORE PERSECUTIONS

The Bible says “Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven”- Matthew 5:10

John 15:18- “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.”

2 Timothy 3:12 – “Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.”

You will agree with me that Christians in Nigeria also get persecuted but the persecutions occur mostly in the Northern part of Nigeria. Jehovah’s Witnesses, however, are many all over the world and they are persecuted more than all other Christians of different denominations. The recent one occurred in Russia.

The Southwestern part of Nigeria, which is full of the Yorubas is considered to be full of people who are tolerant and accept you into their society no matter your status or religion. However, Jehovah’s Witnesses still get persecuted there most of the time.

I watched an American movie about the Second World War and at the end of the movie, some statistics were listed based on the number of people who were killed by Hitler’s Soldiers. Apart from the Jews, the homosexuals, and blacks, I was surprised to see Jehovah’s Witnesses listed among them too.

2. DONATIONS ARE VOLUNTARY

Unlike in other Christian churches where people are forced or even threatened to make donations, donations in Kingdom Halls of the Jehovah’s Witnesses are quite voluntary. When you walk into one of their Halls, you will see a box right at the entrance calling you to make voluntary donations.

In other churches, publications are not free. Pastors and General Overseers write a lot of books. Some churches even produce a lot of books for the benefit of their congregations but these books are not free. This is different with Jehovah’s Witnesses.

In each Kingdom Hall, at least the ones I have been to, there is a special place where lots of books and publications are arranged. You can pick any book depending on the language you want for free.

You might have seen them giving out books on the streets and they would never ask you to buy them. They would instead ask you to make voluntary donations. Even if you don’t have money, you can go ahead and pick. They are more interested in making sure you gain the knowledge of God’s word.

3. MEMBERS AND SOCIAL MEDIA

Do you know a Jehovah’s Witness who doesn’t ‘preach’ on social media? When Jesus was leaving the earth, he asked his disciples to go all over the world and preach the gospel.

Thankfully, we are in the jet age where you can share information that can reach people all over the world. Unfortunately, today’s Christians rarely make use of this opportunity to preach the gospel.

There are lots of Christians who have huge followers on different social media platforms but unless they are pastors, you would rarely see them post anything related to the gospel on their accounts. Instead of sermons you will see them posting their beautiful pictures.

Jehovah’s Witnesses’ members post different topics on Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Pinterest, and so on. Whatever they learn in their Kingdom Halls or conventions, they make sure they share them online.

Other Christians prefer to share nonsensical topics and topics that won’t touch your life positively in anyway. They are supposed to share the sermons they learn from their different churches every Sunday but they would rather share posts concerning Big Brother Nigeria or other nonsense.

4. EVANGELISM

This is one of the things they are known for. Apart from the social media, radio and other modes of evangelism, the Jehovah’s Witnesses preach the gospel by walking from house to house.

Despite the fact that a lot of people reject them, they still keep on. Everything in their minds is looking for one or two people whose lives they can touch positively. You see them walking in the sun, with their umbrellas and bags, with no shame. They prefer to follow God’s instructions and they do this at least twice in a week, walking long distances.

5. TESTIMONIES

Their testimonies are different from those of other Christians. While other Christians give testimonies about what God has done in their lives, most of the testimonies usually involve material things of the world. This is good but there is always something missing.

Other Christians testify about the new cars they just purchased, the new child they just had, the new house they just built and so on. The testimonies of Jehovah’s Witnesses involve turning over a new leaf, giving their lives to Jesus and becoming a model example.

They have different stories on testimonies like these. When you read about people changing and turning over a new leaf, you will be encouraged and you will want to have the same experience. In one of their publications, I read about a Japanese Kamikaze soldier who fought in World War Two and then became a Jehovah’s Witness and began to preach the gospel. I was wowed.

6. THEY ARE ORDERLY AND CALM

Have you ever walked into a Kingdom Hall? As you approach the place, you would believe they are not holding any program because you won’t hear anything. It is only when you enter into the Hall that you will realize that there is a program going on after all.

Other churches love the use of loud speakers. You could be far away and you would hear the different speakers from different churches booming and screaming. Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Kingdom Halls do not pollute the air with noises.

During their programs, they never compete for Bible reading. We all know this. In Pentecostal churches, when the pastor calls a Bible verse, you see fifty people trying to read the same verse at the same time. You would think the fastest reader would be paid for it.

The ‘winner’ is usually the fastest reader. This usually causes fracas among the readers after church services and you may sometimes see two ‘readers’ keeping malice against each other.

The reverse is the case in Kingdom Halls. When a Bible verse is called or when a question is asked, people would raise their hands in order to respond. Everything is calm and quiet. You feel peace in your heart. You forget your problems.

7. SHOW OF LOVE

Many churches in Nigeria love to welcome newcomers. Some churches serve them foods and drinks and collect their phone numbers. The choir members sing a song of welcome and then some top leaders of different groups walk over to the newcomers to shake their hands and welcome. That’s all.

At the end of the program, everyone leaves and forget the newcomer. This occurs in most churches. When a newcomer’s phone number is gotten, all the church want to do is to make sure the newcomer becomes a member and comes always.

In Kingdom Halls, this is different. After the service, almost everyone walks over to you to shake your hand and welcome you with beautiful smiles. Then they politely ask if you would want free Bible study.

There are so many other ways by which the Jehovah’s Witnesses are better Christians than the rest of us and we need to emulate these qualities. There is a very big difference if we are being sincere with ourselves.

Showing love to one another is the key to peaceful nation. Despite the number of churches in Nigeria, in different states and in different streets, corruption is still rampant. Ethnic bigotry and tribalism is till rampant. Something is wrong somewhere and it is all in our hands to change things.

Emulating the qualities of the Jehovah’s Witnesses is the key.

SOURCE: https://opinionsandstories.com/how-the-jehovahs-witnesses-are-better-christians-than-the-rest-of-us/

I agree with most of the points you raised.

But then, there is something we need to understand as Christians.
If it isnt the Bible, everything else is poison. Take it from me.

Apologies to Jehovah Witnesses reading this, but most of their doctrines are not founded in the Scripture.
For instance, they do not believe in the Rapture. Their founder predicted the end time and again, and failed, therefore he concluded that there will not be any Rapture. That has no bearing with Bible enshrinement.
Simply because the Bible says we should not be violent, they barred their member from joining the force or the country's bulwarks. They forget that David, a priest-king, fought and handled the sword himself. War situation is not the same as being unnecessarily physical. Children of Israel fought a lot of times in the Bible at Gods command.
They believe only the blood of Jesus is the only worthy blood to be infused into their bodies, and they die en masse due to this fool-hardiness. the Bible says that life is in the blood. Whatever supports life, is of God. this is a terrible misrepresentation of Scripture they are paying for and calling it persecution, or 'God's will'.

Bible tells us to rejoice ONLY when we are persecuted for standing for the truth, and not just for any other cause. Let us know the difference.

Yes, they are orderly, neat, kempt and all the writer stated. But my focus is what they preach. That is what informs my acceptance or rejection of any church.

Salvation is an all-encompassing thing There is something Bble calls 'the riches of His grace.' it touches bth your body, soul and your spirit. Its just that modern-day Pentecostal churches dwell more on physical prosperity.

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Ferrous(m): 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
afroxyz:
witnesses are far better than these charlatans calling themselves xtians yet they cant help a member of their congregation

There's a church in Portharcourt called OPM (Omega Power Ministry), I have never seen an organisation,be it religious or whatever, that has empowered people more than they have done. FYI, I'm not a member.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by ngwababe(f): 6:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
Tallesty1:
They will cease to exist

Bros reason this thing you just said, e make sense to you? So you mean there's nothing like judgement day? Revelation 20:1-15.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2019
poik:

I agree with most of the points you raised.

Yes, they are orderly, neat, kempt and all the writer stated. But my focus is what they preach. That is what informs my acceptance or rejection of any church.

Can you just go back, carefully read, thoroughly meditated and fervently pray over Jesus' statement here? @Matthew 7:15-20

There Jesus analysed some vital points!

(1) False prophets who appear to ordinary eyes like sheep (harmless ministers of the Prince of Peace) but inwardly they are ravenous wolves (crooked devourers)! Verse 15

(2)By their FRUIT (visible effects of their ministry on those following them) you will recognise them, people don't gather grapes (useful fruits) from thorns (worthless plants) nor figs (useful fruits) from thistles (worthless plants), do they? Verse 16

(3)Good trees bears good fruits while rotten trees bears worthless fruits! Verse 17

(4) A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree bears good fruits! Verse 18

(5) Humans like you and i will always cut down any tree that's not producing good fruits and use it as firewood! Verse 19

(6) By their FRUIT (their influence on those following them) you will recognise them (if they're for Jesus or not) Verse 20

Please according to Jesus' own words, any form of teaching that's not yielding those good qualities you yourself agreed with up there, are such teachings worthy to be sustained?

Well i'll rather agreed that such teachings aren't founded on the solid rock called Jesus, because if they are Jesus' teachings they should bear fine fruit since Jesus is the best counselor ever on this planet! Isaiah 9:6

God bless you!

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by SilvanusII(m): 6:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
I wanted to read through the entire piece but stopped at the 1st point. So persecution is now a measure of Christianity? The more persecuted I am, the more christian I am likely to be, culminating in my being heaven bound when I am crucified on a cross? Miss me with that bull
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by poik(m): 6:34pm On Oct 20, 2019
Maximus69:

Can you just go back, carefully read, thoroughly meditated and fervently pray over Jesus' statement here? @Matthew 7:15-20

There Jesus analysed some vital points!

(1) False prophets who appear to ordinary eyes like sheep (harmless ministers of the Prince of Peace) but inwardly they are ravenous wolves (crooked devourers)! Verse 15

(2)By their FRUIT (visible effects of their ministry on those following them) you will recognise them, people don't gather grapes (useful fruits) from thorns (worthless plants) nor figs (useful fruits) from thistles (worthless plants), do they? Verse 16

(3)Good trees bears good fruits while rotten trees bears worthless fruits! Verse 17

(4) A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree bears good fruits! Verse 18

(5) Humans like you and i will always cut down any tree that's not producing good fruits and use it as firewood! Verse 19

(6) By their FRUIT (their influence on those following them) you will recognise them (if they're for Jesus or not) Verse 20

Please according to Jesus' own words, any form of teaching that's not yielding those good qualities you yourself agreed with up there, are such teachings worthy to be sustained?

Well i'll rather agreed that such teachings aren't founded on the solid rock called Jesus, because if they are Jesus' teachings they should bear fine fruit since Jesus is the best counselor ever on this planet! Isaiah 9:6

God Bles you!

Fruits as represented there are the results and qualities expected from a repented soul. It is enumerated in Galatians 5.

While sometimes people can be under a good teaching and not bear the expected fruit, my focus is on the teaching and doctrine.
gy
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by omojeesu(m): 6:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
Good but they don't claim that they are Christians. Only 144,000 are Christians and born again amongst them according to them. I stand to be corrected.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Barristter07: 6:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
spayor:
I need opinions..pls fellow christians help a brother not to loose faith..
This question has being on my mind for a while now and I will appreciate your opinion

As christians, we believe that God knows everything even before it is concieved
..God we believe knows the end from the beginning.

so I want to ask...If you agree with me that God knows everything, does it means that He knew that Adam and Eve would fail Him??..if yes, then why create them just to purnish them?..if He is truly a loving God, then why create men just to purnish them since He knew they will fail Him??

this question is really perturbing me and it's affecting my faith...
note: my dad is a pastor...I've asked this question several times but none has given me a satisfactory answer

Hello, Look at the area i highlighted in Yellow, That is where the entire problem in your question came from.

Read Genesis 22:12 , after God ask Abraham to sacrifice his son, and Abraham obeyed, He said in that verse ' FOR NOW [presently] I KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOD - FEARING '

Please think again about the phrase Now I know , does that sound like he programmed men to act a certain way ? Clearly his power to know things doesnt mean he used that power at all times, like in this case, He allow Abraham exercise his freewill . dont forget it would be a lie to say Now i know, if he knew beforehand , and yes He cant lie... Hence now answer all your question: God doesnt over ride our freewill ,He instead allow each person including Adam and Eve to exercise their freewill

For more explanation , check this article : YOUR FUTURE PREDESTINED?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102009048

5 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2019
potent5:
Op, please don't go there!

Witnesses are hypocrites. They don't practice what they preach. They segregate even amongst the Christian faith, just as op is doing now trying to show how better his sect is, they preach hate against the government in a subtle manner, which is why they are being 'persecuted' even when Jesus and Paul asked Christians to obey constituted authorities, they claim that other Christians are not worshipping the Almighty, etc.

If your false claims were true, the OP who is NOT a JW,won't post this thread.

You worship the "triune Godhead" whereas Jesus Christ said his God and Father is the only true God in heaven and earth. John17:3. Rev 3:5,12. John20:17.
You dey there dey deceive yourself.

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
afroniger:
Jehovah's witnesses are a cult group in essence. .
brainwashed CRAP.
Oya clap for yourself.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Uchenaija: 7:08pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ladycewhy:
k grin, is that all?

I am sure there will be no jw among the team of researchers cos you people are busy waiting for everyone to die so you can inherit the things you did not work for grin,who knows if all those your house to house preaching is not to survey the houses you will like to inherit when God destroys the earth and leaves only jws tongue

I am sure in times of natural disasters you jws gyrate in your kingdom halls saying "it wont be long now,we are so close to inheriting this earth" grin

Your stupidity is outstanding!

Your hatred has blindfolded you.

People like you are empty headed and can only have some pride from mockery.

Jehovah's witnesses are better Christians than your church...Take it to the bank.

One challenge for you: ask your pastor to ask your members to preach and watch your church close down in 2 weeks.

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Kolping: 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2019
Matthew 7 King James Version (KJV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Hebrews 4:12 King James Version (KJV)
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

1 Peter 1:25 King James Version (KJV)
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Luke 21:33 King James Version (KJV)
Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
TemmyT002:

It was making sense from the beginning until you got to the last part.

Kolping:

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Edybleketara: 7:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
blesoh:

You are right, I had a landlord then in school whose house was just opposite his fellow Witness but they were cat and dog
The church tried to settle their differences but no way, and I wondered how they worship same place
yeah. they are very good at putting a show. you won't know their true colour until u've gone close to them.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Emescot(m): 7:24pm On Oct 20, 2019
1Sharon:

Don't you believe your own bible is the correct one?
Which Bible do you think is the correct one?
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Janosky: 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
sacramento1212:

Their greatest trade mark is hypocrisy. I've had dealings with them. They also don't marry outside their faith it must be their fellow JW or condition to marry must be that he/she must convert to their faith.

Can a man and woman be married to each other except they agree ?
Will Jesus Christ recommend his followers to marry a Pharisee?

Will you give your daughter's hand in marriage to an atheist ,Buddhist or Muslim?
Are you not a hypocrite?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

SA Mob Beat Up Cele Pastor Accused Of Selling Drugs, Running Brothels (pics) / "TB Joshua Heals A Man That His Manhood Refused To Stop Being Erect" (Video) / Oritsejafor Dances With Wife During Church Service - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.