Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

BOT FLY--My Encounter. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / BOT FLY--My Encounter. (514 Views)

My Face-to-face Encounter With 'poverty' And His Four Children (photos) / Wives Living In Nigeria And Husbands Abroad: My Encounter / My Encounter With A Married Man Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BOT FLY--My Encounter. by charles009(m): 3:45am On Oct 06, 2019
Hello folks, what happened yesterday taught me a very important life lesson, which I would hold on to for a very long time. Never you look down on anyone, they might be your God someday.

On Friday , I returned from my regular hussle and wife showed me two boils on my 17 months old daughter's body. I had previously advised she visit the doctor where she was given some antibiotics(augumentine). I was very upset, cos the boil remained very alife even after a week of medication.

I had my concerns so I quickly dashed off to a family doctors house, after close examination, he concurred the story of a boil. He added another drug to it. Which I bought.

Around 9pm on friday, my daughter started wriggling in pain, I was so confused, again we decided to revisit the hospital, same story of boil by another doctor, they assured that with time, it would heal. This time they gave us ibuprofen.

Yesterday evening was the climax, my daughter started screaming, a loud scream, I went totally mad, berserk. In the confusion I couldn't think out where I kept the car keys, when the scream was becoming unbearable, I carried her and charged off like a man possessed, running almost mad.

Then a man in his Mid 50s who just moved into the area accosted me, He enquired, oga wetin dey wrong, I quickly raised my daughters shoulder, and showed him the two boils, to my surprise the man started lol, oga na this thing dey do your daughter, oya follow me. He brought red oil, and told me to watch. Immiditiately he touched the oil on the mouth of the boil, I saw a maggot like movement, immiditiately he pressed it out, low and behold it was maggot. Jesus I screamed. He said I should go, that my daughter Wil be OK now. I quickly went online and Googled, I saw several stories of this fly called the BOT FLY. Please read about it. It lays its eggs on clothes or on the victim. Seems it's on the increase now, cos I saw a few stories online. You can watch YouTube videos too. Its barely 4 hours he removed the maggots, boil has shrunk.

I was brought to tears, when I offered him some money, he told me not to worry, I begged, wify begged he refused. This man abandoned his house cos of the river Niger overflow.
That singular act renewed my faith in humanity, three thoroughly drilled doctors failed me, a brick layer provided me with the solution.

Never look down on any man, except in admiration of his shoes a wise man once said, by his deeds, my faith in humanity was restored. I reminded him, that I will never forget.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BOT FLY--My Encounter. by Avast(m): 4:56am On Oct 06, 2019
charles009:
Hello folks, what happened yesterday taught me a very important life lesson, which I would hold on to for a very long time. Never you look down on anyone, they might be your God someday.

On Friday , I returned from my regular hussle and wife showed me two boils on my 17 months old daughter's body. I had previously advised she visit the doctor where she was given some antibiotics(augumentine). I was very upset, cos the boil remained very alife even after a week of medication.

I had my concerns so I quickly dashed off to a family doctors house, after close examination, he concurred the story of a boil. He added another drug to it. Which I bought.

Around 9pm on friday, my daughter started wriggling in pain, I was so confused, again we decided to revisit the hospital, same story of boil by another doctor, they assured that with time, it would heal. This time they gave us ibuprofen.

Yesterday evening was the climax, my daughter started screaming, a loud scream, I went totally mad, berserk. In the confusion I couldn't think out where I kept the car keys, when the scream was becoming unbearable, I carried her and charged off like a man possessed, running almost mad.

Then a man in his Mid 50s who just moved into the area accosted me, He enquired, oga wetin dey wrong, I quickly raised my daughters shoulder, and showed him the two boils, to my surprise the man started lol, oga na this thing dey do your daughter, oya follow me. He brought red oil, and told me to watch. Immiditiately he touched the oil on the mouth of the boil, I saw a maggot like movement, immiditiately he pressed it out, low and behold it was maggot. Jesus I screamed. He said I should go, that my daughter Wil be OK now. I quickly went online and Googled, I saw several stories of this fly called the BOT FLY. Please read about it. It lays its eggs on clothes or on the victim. Seems it's on the increase now, cos I saw a few stories online. You can watch YouTube videos too. Its barely 4 hours he removed the maggots, boil has shrunk.

I was brought to tears, when I offered him some money, he told me not to worry, I begged, wify begged he refused. This man abandoned his house cos of the river Niger overflow.
That singular act renewed my faith in humanity, three thoroughly drilled doctors failed me, a brick layer provided me with the solution.

Never look down on any man, except in admiration of his shoes a wise man once said, by his deeds, my faith in humanity was restored. I reminded him, that I will never forget.

What a lesson learnt. The funniest thing about most of our doctors is that they don't believe in all these home remedies or herbs. They will tell you is not going to work. You need to take the child back to the doctor and tell him about it. They might encounter same problem with another patient in future.
Re: BOT FLY--My Encounter. by daddytime(m): 5:26am On Oct 06, 2019
Nice and interesting story. I've always known about botfly from as young as a 5 year old.
Re: BOT FLY--My Encounter. by sisisioge: 6:32am On Oct 06, 2019
Wow! How could the doctors have missed it! Thank God for the good neighbor o. Never heard if the terrible fly. It is well.
Re: BOT FLY--My Encounter. by okirewaju(f): 6:34pm On Oct 06, 2019
Na wa

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Kids Educational Android Tablets / Husband Discovers His Wife Was A Man After Many Years Of Marriage. / Juicy Offer! Juicy Offer!! Juicy Offer!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.