Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,598 members, 7,958,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:58 AM

Six Wrong Reasons For Attending Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Wrong Reasons For Attending Church (173 Views)

Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church / Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? / Six Wrong Reasons For Attending Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Six Wrong Reasons For Attending Church by TundeKorede: 10:40am On Oct 06, 2019
We do things with different motives. It may be with good or ulterior motive. While some people go to church purposely to pray and hear God’s Word. Some people attend Church with unscriptural reasons.

In this article, I will highlight various wrong reasons why people attend church. And I’m believing God that they will change after reading this piece.

Read: Why You Should Not Commit Suicide

Also, every minister of the gospel must bear in mind that as they stand on the pulpit to minister.

It is not everyone that has come to receive blessings from the Lord. People come to God’s gathering for different reasons.

This article is written due to my few years of practical involvement in pastoral work. Being a young pastor, I have experienced a lot of things as regards Church members.

You may find it hard to believe this; Do you know there are some members who will come to your fellowship just to make you happy as a pastor?

Maybe you’ve been inviting them for a long time. So, they will just decide within themselves and say that; “Let me make this man happy today by attending Church.”

Honestly, this is not supposed to be. There are better reasons for coming to God’s Presence.

This and many other reasons are highlighted below.

How To Know Someone Is About To Commit Suicide

THE REASONS ARE LISTED BELOW:

• In Church To Attack The Minister Of God
Matthew 26:21
[21]And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

Among the disciples, Judas was there seeking an opportunity to hand Jesus over to the Chief Priest ( Matthew 26:16).

So, there are people who attend meetings basically to harm the man of God spiritually or physically. There are still more Judases in Church of Christ today.

Bear in mind that there are agents of darkness seeking every means
to harm you as you minister.

These people will pretend as if they are there to help the ministry whereas, they have come to wound the pastor and wreck his ministry.

They will attend virtually all the church programmes, pretending to be fervent but they have hidden agenda they want to execute.

May they not have their way into your life in Jesus name.

Read the full article here; http://www.tundekorede.com/wrong-reasons-for-attending-church/

(1) (Reply)

Things Youth Do To Murder Sleep At Old Age / You Can Bribe God By Charity Alone.~christmasdon / Rest And Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.