Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. (1042 Views)

The Worst Kind Of People / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by muykem: 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful and has nobody to thank.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by budaatum: 8:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
Actually, they thank themselves and delight in their own achievement.
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by johnydon22(m): 9:27pm On Oct 06, 2019
muykem:
The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful and has nobody to thank.

Thank you Doctor for treating my ailment
Thank you Taxi Driver for your service
Thank you Caterer for the delicious meal I just ate
Thank you my friend LordReed for your help during my Papa's burial last week.
Thank you Waiter for the drink
Thank you Police man for protecting me

How difficult can this be really?

Or you mean when they are feeling to thank something that didn't do anything for them and figure they should just thank the "people" that actually did something meaningful for them?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by budaatum: 11:57pm On Oct 06, 2019
johnydon22:

Or you mean when they are feeling to thank something that didn't do anything for them and figure they should just thank the "people" that actually did something meaningful for them?
Sorry for your loss. He rests.
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by TVSA: 11:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
what do you mean by nobody to thank? undecided undecided
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by malvisguy212: 9:30am On Oct 07, 2019
johnydon22:

I think the op was trying to say if you believed in the awe and the wonder and the mystery, the amazing design of the univers, you will be tempted to thank who ? I guess blind chance ?

long time bro, trust all is well ?
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by LordReed(m): 10:33am On Oct 07, 2019
malvisguy212:
I think the op was trying to say if you believed in the awe and the wonder and the mystery, the amazing design of the univers, you will be tempted to thank who ? I guess blind chance ?

Why do I need to thank anybody? Why can't I just revel in the awe and wonder?
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by malvisguy212: 10:47am On Oct 07, 2019
LordReed:

Why do I need to thank anybody? Why can't I just revel in the awe and wonder?
so we are fortunate to experience the Awe the wonders and beauty in the univers ? we are lucky to be here!!!

For billions of years, the solar system has been running in the Milky Way galaxy in an orderly
manner, and with no single mistake. indeed we are lucky.
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by LordReed(m): 10:54am On Oct 07, 2019
malvisguy212:
so we are fortunate to experience the Awe the wonders and beauty in the univers ? we are lucky to be here!!!

For billions of years, the solar system has been running in the Milky Way galaxy in an orderly
manner, and with no single mistake. indeed we are lucky.

I don't think the animals that died due to asteroid impacts would agree with you if they could speak. It is a wonder though that we are alive in a universe that is largely uninhabitable by us.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by Chrisrare: 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2019
Op stop smoking weed.
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by malvisguy212: 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2019
LordReed:

I don't think the animals that died due to asteroid impacts would agree with you if they could speak. It is a wonder though that we are alive in a universe that is largely uninhabitable by us.
let me add this to your comment. since you're so concern of this animals ( which is very good of you) when next you want to buy a pet, why not ask for the pet genealogy or his offspring . how about that ?
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by LordReed(m): 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2019
malvisguy212:
let me add this to your comment. since you're so concern of this animals ( which is very good of you) when next you want to buy a pet, why not ask for the pet genealogy or his offspring . how about that ?

For well established pedigrees of certain animals like horses, dogs, cats, pigs, etc, the records are kept of the forebears. What is your point? How does it relate to the subject at hand?

1 Like

Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by OtemAtum: 5:17pm On Oct 07, 2019
muykem:
Thankful of what? In Yoruba language, if people get lucky, they simply say "Ope o!" Maybe you should find a good interpretation for "Ope o!" in your local dialect and be using it whenever you get lucky. You don't need to thank God or anything whenever u are feeling lucky. Just shout "Ope O!"
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by alphaNomega: 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2019
johnydon22:

Give this man a pack of his favorite beverage.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by frank317: 7:31am On Oct 08, 2019
muykem:

But u would rather thank nobody and be happy?
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by frank317: 7:36am On Oct 08, 2019
malvisguy212:

long time bro, trust all is well ?

Why should I thank anything or anybody for the awe and mystery of the universe? When I finish thanking it what will happen... This how u guys waste ur time on rubbish

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by malvisguy212: 9:57am On Oct 08, 2019
frank317:

Why should I thank anything or anybody for the awe and mystery of the universe? When I finish thanking it what will happen... This how u guys waste ur time on rubbish
I think you should thank blind chance for somehow produced the right properties for your existence. what intelligent minded scientists could not do .

1 Like

Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by frank317: 8:30pm On Oct 09, 2019
malvisguy212:
I think you should thank blind chance for somehow produced the right properties for your existence. what intelligent minded scientists could not do .

Who the Fk is blind chance... Have ur run mad with giving thanks to anything u imagine?
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2019
The worst moment is when I watched my son laid down helplessly on hospital bed for days gasping for breathe until he gave up ghost. The situation makes me hate God more
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by LordReed(m): 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
FOLYKAZE:
The worst moment is when I watched my son laid down helplessly on hospital bed for days gasping for breathe until he gave up ghost. The situation makes me hate God more

My condolences. That is one of the worst things for a parent to endure, I am so sorry you went through that.
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by frank317: 8:57am On Oct 13, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Wow bro... As a father, I can imagine.

And some foolish people will tell u its all an all loving God's plan
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by orisa37: 9:11am On Oct 13, 2019
muykem:

And when he's dying and seeing the Minions of Hell but can't call Jesus Christ.
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by finalboss(m): 5:44pm On Oct 13, 2019
FOLYKAZE:
so sorry. How are you holding up ??
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:54pm On Oct 13, 2019
For me when I was an atheist my worst moment was when I thought about the meaning of life.

As an atheist, life has no inherent meaning just subjective meaning that fades into oblivion upon one's death.
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2019
frank317:

Wow bro... As a father, I can imagine.

And some foolish people will tell u its all an all loving God's plan

Not to sound preachy or inconsiderate but it is appointed unto man to die. It hurts to loose loved ones especially kids and I'm so sorry he lost his son, however death is part of living.

We are mortals, we all die. It is only a matter of when
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:00pm On Oct 13, 2019
LordReed:

Ever wonder what the evolutionary purpose of consciousness might be ?

Do we have any advantage over other animals by being self aware?

Ever wonder why we are alive in a universe that is largely uninhabitable by us?

Do you ponder what life means ?
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by LordReed(m): 7:49pm On Oct 13, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Ever wonder what the evolutionary purpose of consciousness might be ?

Do we have any advantage over other animals by being self aware?

Ever wonder why we are alive in a universe that is largely uninhabitable by us?

Do you ponder what life means ?

Better pattern recognition ensures survival.

Yes we do, our tool use has helped us modify our environment.

Questions of why and meaning are entirely ours to determine. No external agency is apparently available to do it for us.
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by LordReed(m): 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Not to sound preachy or inconsiderate but it is appointed unto man to die. It hurts to loose loved ones especially kids and I'm so sorry he lost his son, however death is part of living.

We are mortals, we all die. It is only a matter of when

It still hurts and that is what matters.
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2019
LordReed:

Questions of why and meaning are entirely ours to determine. No external agency is apparently available to do it for us.

If meaning is entirely ours then life has no inherent objective meaning, only subjective meaning no?

Remember that usually subjective meanings or perspectives only mean much to the subject of the meaning of perspective.

If life has no inherent meaning, all the wonders of the universe is pointless

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2019
LordReed:

It still hurts and that is what matters.

I lost my dad a few weeks ago , I can only imagine how it feels to loose a child. My heart goes out to him and every grieving family out there
Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:18pm On Oct 13, 2019
LordReed:

Why is our survival important to us and nature if the universe is just a cold brutal fact?

Why then do humans inherent strive to live as long as possible and have offspring to continue the survival race from one generation to another?

My point is that it seems like there is some bigger picture here that a naturalistic and materialistic worldview is refusing to ponder about.

If life is just is. Then I argue that consciousness is an evolutionary disadvantage. Do animals ponder about existence or God?

Existential depression is peculiar to humans as long as we know. So even though yes consciousness has it's advantages, existential crisis is big enough to consider it a huge disadvantage.

2 Likes

Re: The Worst Moment In Atheists Life. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Why is our survival important to us and nature if the universe is just a cold brutal fact?

Why then do humans inherent strive to live as long as possible and have offspring to continue the survival race from one generation to another?

My point is that it seems like there is some bigger picture here that a naturalistic and materialistic worldview is refusing to ponder about.

If life is just is. Then I argue that consciousness is an evolutionary disadvantage. Do animals ponder about existence or God?

Existential depression is peculiar to humans as long as we know. So even though yes consciousness has it's advantages, existential crisis is big enough to consider it a huge disadvantage.

you have said it all. Struggling to survive so one will die again.

Atheism provides no answer to why we exist or the universe exist, no scientifc experimental data or theory or even the material universe can reveal.

Living by any moral code that wont benefit you is meaningless since life is about survival, if one has to kill, rape, steal or even nuke an entire country to survive, why not do it. Loving your neighbor is meaningless, animals live to survive, they dont have any moral code why should humans have moral code, if life is about survival.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS / My Muslim Fans Will Be So Upset When I Tell Them I Have Left Islam / I Just Found Out Jesus Was A Jew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.