Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger (1471 Views)

Man Loses His Job And Gets Dumped By Girlfriend He’s Been Giving N20k Weekly / She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? / A-Week Engaged Nigerian Lady Dumps Her Fiancé A Week After “losing” His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by Richnerd69: 6:53pm On Oct 07, 2019
So, I have this friend of mine, we were and still best of buddies right from childhood. We are both from humble backgrounds, and still made something tangible out of life.
We've been through alot... We've had each other's backs over the years and still...

Fast forward to early this year around January , my friend Chuks(not real name) met this hot Chick at a party of one of our mutual friend, and they both hooked up and they began dating the following week. Although he's got a girl he wants to marry and they've been dating on and off for yrs since our university days and service days... 2weeks after he met this new girl, she began to spill out some revelations about her family, and it happened to be that she was from a very wealthy home, and not just that, but her father is a well known politician y'all might know in our city, Port Harcourt.

These revelations came after he persuaded her to tell him the source of her luxurious lifestyle, Clothing & jewelry. Ever since, she has been showering my friend chuks with gifts like expensive wrist watches and gadgets ... Some times they go shopping and then adds to his wardrobe collection every month with expensive wears. They eat and drink out at expensive hotels and bars...To ice the cake, on his birthday, she took him out in the night, after he had spent the day out with his wife to be.

This new lady bought him a white Mercedes car and a grand piano (he is a good pianist ) on his birthday in June. That night he professed his love for her and they promised never to leave each other . This got his fiance questioning if he had other side hustles due to his obvious expenses and excess luxury. Tho he can afford them, but the rate at which he gets new and expensive things is alarming.

I've been covering up for him all this while, his main chick complained to me on how he has suddenly changed, and sometimes cancels plans because something always came up. She is a good woman and has been loyal to him over the years. I feel sorry for her.

I've been invited to hangouts with them a few times and I must confess, this lady is in her mid 20's and she's drowning in money . All this has been going on right under his fiance's nose , and now, the great shocker came when she revealed that her dad is having her relocate to Europe to have run her Phd and manage his company over there... Guys, She wants my friend to resign from his 6figure paying job, abandon everything and follow her else they break up and she will forget about him for good. She hasn't assured him a job yet but he's sure of her and she's leaving by December.

Now, I've been talking to him for 2days for him not to let down his fiance, plus he has a good job in one of the oil multinationals in ph and I knew how hard he strived to get to where he is now . He shouldn't just throw everything away for some spoilt rich brat who might dump him...He's beginning to see me as an enemy of progress and He's thinking of resigning next month.

Guys, what would you have him do if you were in his shoes I'm done advising him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by Psalm2423(m): 6:56pm On Oct 07, 2019
Guy, free your friend. He’s being blinded by the free money. Bust the matter to his real fiancé. Stop helping him cover his mistakes. Enemy of progress? Hian, like you’ll follow the rich gal if they break up.

Some boys mumu shall.
Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:08pm On Oct 07, 2019
Ok
Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by Bojack(m): 7:15pm On Oct 07, 2019
See gobe
Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by yungz: 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2019

4 Likes

Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by donbachi(m): 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2019
Ur friend has already forfeited his destiny unknowingly..i know d father,dem don use ur friend...cheiyah!..so na ur friend carry dat white benz come wash 4 mandela carwash on saturday and i still jam am 4 lesuka bar 4 peter odili rd.

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by theTransporter: 7:19pm On Oct 07, 2019
Richnerd69:
So, I have this friend of mine, we were and still best of buddies right from childhood. We are both from humble backgrounds, and still made something tangible out of life.
We've been through alot... We've had each other's backs over the years and still...

Fast forward to early this year around January , my friend Chuks(not real name) met this hot Chick at a party of one of our mutual friend, and they both hooked up and they began dating the following week. Although he's got a girl he wants to marry and they've been dating on and off for yrs since our university days and service days... 2weeks after he met this new girl, she began to spill out some revelations about her family, and it happened to be that she was from a very wealthy home, and not just that, but her father is a well known politician y'all might know in our city, Port Harcourt.

These revelations came after he persuaded her to tell him the source of her luxurious lifestyle, Clothing & jewelry. Ever since, she has been showering my friend chuks with gifts like expensive wrist watches and gadgets ... Some times they go shopping and then adds to his wardrobe collection every month with expensive wears. They eat and drink out at expensive hotels and bars...To ice the cake, on his birthday, she took him out in the night, after he had spent the day out with his wife to be.

This new lady bought him a white Mercedes car and a grand piano (he is a good pianist ) on his birthday in June. That night he professed his love for her and they promised never to leave each other . This got his fiance questioning if he had other side hustles due to his obvious expenses and excess luxury. Tho he can afford them, but the rate at which he gets new and expensive things is alarming.

I've been covering up for him all this while, his main chick complained to me on how he has suddenly changed, and sometimes cancels plans because something always came up. She is a good woman and has been loyal to him over the years. I feel sorry for her.

I've been invited to hangouts with them a few times and I must confess, this lady is in her mid 20's and she's drowning in money . All this has been going on right under his fiance's nose , and now, the great shocker came when she revealed that her dad is having her relocate to Europe to have run her Phd and manage his company over there... Guys, She wants my friend to resign from his 6figure paying job, abandon everything and follow her else they break up and she will forget about him for good. She hasn't assured him a job yet but he's sure of her and she's leaving by December.

Now, I've been talking to him for 2days for him not to let down his fiance, plus he has a good job in one of the oil multinationals in ph and I knew how hard he strived to get to where he is now . He shouldn't just throw everything away for some spoilt rich brat who might dump him...He's beginning to see me as an enemy of progress and He's thinking of resigning next month.

Guys, what would you have him do if you were in his shoes I'm done advising him.

G, your friend is being blind and irrational, give him d advice you can, if he insists to fly away then let him be. A girl that loves you will not give you condition of breaking up, instead she go first go ova there and arrange for your coming..... my niqqa, as am seeing this condition.. AM THINKING IT WILL END IN TEARS..... cos this lady will now be feeling like a god over your friend... I Don talk my own ooo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:52pm On Oct 07, 2019
Your friend is a platinum digger, if he leaves that his loyal gf for the spoilt brat, he will regret his decision for the rest of his life.

I honestly don't understand people with lust for huge money, is it food they've never eaten, or lodging in expensive hotel rooms that previous users must have cum and sweat irritatingly about (the thought alone irritates me, I hate hotels) or expensive cars that have same a.c as every other car or big houses that will be difficult and annoying to maintain if no maids (I don't like anyone doing my chores for me) maybe it's cos I've seen and experience things so all these are no big deal,

Simplicity is bliss honestly, greed corrupts the mind and makes one blind to blessings, your friend is comfortable in life, but he is also greedy, how many men and women can boast of having loyal partners in these era? He will regret it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 07, 2019
your friend is acting like a girl. he is a gold digger

very desperate man that he sold his dignity and manhood for gifts
Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by Richnerd69: 9:00pm On Oct 07, 2019
theTransporter:

G, your friend is being blind and irrational, give him d advice you can, if he insists to fly away then let him be. *A girl that loves you will not give you condition of breaking up, instead she go first go ova there and arrange for your coming*..... my niqqa, as am seeing this condition.. AM THINKING IT WILL END IN TEARS..... cos this lady will now be feeling like a god over your friend... I Don talk my own ooo

Exactly what I told him @the emboldened. Still, my guy is strong headed and deluded. He says "she can go over there and get any man she wants" ...So he doesn't want that to happen and miss a "lifetime opportunity " and he's got prospect that she will transform his life for good.
Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by hify9935(f): 11:07pm On Oct 07, 2019
lilwetdick:
your friend is acting like a girl. he is a gold digger

very desperate man that he sold his dignity and manhood for gifts
he isn't acting like a girl. Gold digging isn't gender based. If the story was about a lady now, I know most boys would be here calling her all sorts of names.

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 07, 2019
Mad ooo grin
See temptation God please don’t let me go through this kinda one ☝️ a whole grown man they follow woman like wrapper no single pride for himself as a man ..
it is what it is he better stick to advantages and disadvantages of his decisions life wants to teach him lesson ..
Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by Apination(m): 6:46am On Oct 08, 2019
undecided
Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by Kendumazy(m): 7:04am On Oct 08, 2019
Mheen! Your friend will suffer ooo! All these politicians children that behaves anyhow.
Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by Raydans: 8:01am On Oct 08, 2019
Greed. Sheer Greed is your friends problem.

He already has a decent earning in Nigeria earning in 6 figures. He has also benefited immensely from the rich lady What else does he want.

Now he wants to resign for an uncertain future outside nigeria leaving his fate in the hands of a stranger.

Greed has beclouded his sense of reasoning and the end of it all could lead to regrets and destruction.

I will advise him to take control of himself, not to ever try to resign and be contented with what he has here in nigeria

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by Kingsteve(m): 9:25am On Oct 08, 2019
It's easy to criticise your friend, but I can bet my bottom dollar that some of those criticising him will do same if in the same situation.

Females do this all the time!
They dump their loyal boyfriends for some rich old dude, and they see absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Life goes on...

Anyway, back to the subject matter...
Inasmuch as money can be very tempting, and can cloud anyone's sense of reasoning rationally, he still has to be the man.

My advice:
If he has already made up his mind to be with the rich kid (which I'm sure he has), then he should first of all ask her what plans she has for him, if he should abandon everything behind and travel with her.
It is very imperative!

Let's be honest here, if assuming everything goes according to plan, in the long run...he will achieve more!
Life is all about risks, especially for the very ambitious ones.

About him dumping his long term girlfriend?
Well...let's just say sh!t happens!
Females do this all the time, so it's not a big deal!

What is good for the goose, is also good for the gander!
No gender has monopoly to gold digging!
Fvck that shit!

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by MJBOLT: 10:05am On Oct 08, 2019
op,tell your friend to get her pregnant and the rest will be history grin thank me later

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by Starz825(m): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2019
Richnerd69:

Never leave somebody/something who is already valuable for someone/something that promises to be valuable.....
He will regret leaving his girlfriend for the politician daughter....all that glitters aren't gold

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger by Juliearth(f): 6:48am On Dec 10, 2019
Richnerd69:

I feel really sad for the other chick (ex). Nigerian men are indeed, not loyal.

(1) (Reply)

Transport Business Partner Needed / Any Interested Man Should Contact Me / How About A Verification Badge For Nairalanders??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.