Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,411 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) (37527 Views)

Unilag Industrial Mathematics Or Lasu Computer Science / Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) / Parents Beat & Disgrace Head Teacher, Over Poor Results In Kenya (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by CharlesJok3r: 10:38am On Oct 08, 2019
See as dem plenty... This is mass failure.
Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2019
Let's listen to the students first!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by Abdul9025(m): 10:40am On Oct 08, 2019
daddytime:

Are you a student of the said school and department? If yes, I'd advise you to go work on your written English please.

You can do it trust me.

Peace

mstchews what does dis has to do with his English.. alakoro
Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by demoBaba: 10:41am On Oct 08, 2019
daddytime:

Are you a student of the said school and department? If yes, I'd advise you to go work on your written English please.

You can do it trust me.

Peace

You want peace with this comment?
Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by midnighter(f): 10:43am On Oct 08, 2019
Abdul9025:

mstchews what does dis has to do with his English.. alakoro

It has everything to do with his English now, why would a student write something like that...on a topic about bad results for that matter

So is he proving the lecturer right or wrong?

That means he's trying to say that he himself should not have been admitted into the department

3 Likes

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by jaxxy(m): 10:43am On Oct 08, 2019
With the way our (most not all) lecturers handle their classes I’m not surprised. The skill and zeal to impart knowledge and steer up research attitude/mindedness in their students is seriously lacking. Then they set tests and exams with high standards despite their low standards of lecturing. Why wouldn’t students fail woefully unless the students for themselves go all out of their way to be better or the best.

2 Likes

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by KingOdart(m): 10:45am On Oct 08, 2019
2cul2care:
Laslas education for naija na scam, non of our universities in Nigeria makes the top 100 list of best university in Africa, not to talk of the world, our university certificates are not recognized even in other countries in Africa, not to talk of the world, u go through all this trouble to graduate and come out with a good grade, yet no job.

So tell me what is the gain

Laslas education for naija na scam.

You are wrong

UI, Covenant University, UNILAG, and UNN made it to the list of top universities in Africa this year

1 Like

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 08, 2019
Yemmy94:
How can the prority of a department in the university is to reduce student.

What is there gain?
Does this make them the best department?

Why will they allow lot of student to be admitted into the department and next thing they want to do is reduce them again.

This department is a big mess and something need to be done about this.

Even the 400 level student are already having an extra year while the ones that had an extra year before is having another one again�
This is painful and tragic�

Please better advice the 100level student to change department because most of them can't survive it.

Lot of them are starting with 2 point and there are low chances dey will survive.

CSC IS A BIG MESS
Maybe these students are not interested in programming, when I was in final year we did it in my school though the result wasn't too good but it wasn't as bad as this
Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by bizhop01: 10:45am On Oct 08, 2019
daddytime:

You can do it trust me.

Peace
From English Teacher
Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by pannyman(m): 10:45am On Oct 08, 2019
weyreypey:

Sometimes correct English composition is not necessary.

It is always necessary. Let us not support mediocrity. The world is leaving us behind because of this negative attitude. Let us always aim for excellence.

Nigerians like to say there are no jobs for graduates, but I assure you that if you are truly brilliant you will find a job, whether working for somebody or for yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:46am On Oct 08, 2019
to my fellow ex-students wey follow get upper credit and distinction together in WAEc, pls, let's gather here. grin
Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by dfrost: 10:47am On Oct 08, 2019
bigbauer:

Oag, this your grammar, hmmm. I wonder who lectured you on use of English. More so, how did you pass from JSS1 to UTME? With the likes of you in a department, why won't the department load shed? Dead weight is a thing.

Guy easy on him. People are passing through depression. He's already frustrated with the situation of things. Let's not compound issues for him.

Let love lead. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by Ibrokane(m): 10:48am On Oct 08, 2019
immortalcrown:
There are numerous things I hate about many public institutions in African countries. Why do universities paste results and other forms of vital and confidential information on walls?

My fellow students of PAU may never know that life is so tough for undergraduates in many other universities in naija.

God bless the management of PAU.

LASU don't paste results as well, students are meant to check their passworded profile for their results..

But you see this department hah!.....

1 Like

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by iamsonofthunder: 10:48am On Oct 08, 2019
midnighter:

It has everything to do with his English now, why would a student write something like that...on a topic about bad results for that matter

So is he proving the lecturer right or wrong?
if he was speaking his mother tongue he would be fluent, in addition have you heard a chinese expatriate speak b4 ?
Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by whitering: 10:48am On Oct 08, 2019
tillaman:
I still don’t know why some school paste their students result, it’s so uncalled for! Results are supposed to be a personal business why should they paste them!!
I hate that idea

Maybe the idea is for students to sit up. If as a student, you know people will see your endless F9, you will surely work on yourself for a better results next semester.

1 Like

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by Inflammatory: 10:49am On Oct 08, 2019
If you have failed, you have failed go read and prepare for the next opportunity to rewrite. Don't be using opportunity to seek sympathy by shooting out your dick or breast.

3 Likes

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by Young03(m): 10:49am On Oct 08, 2019
It pains me each time I remember that I will be offering csc courses til I graduate
Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by midnighter(f): 10:50am On Oct 08, 2019
iamsonofthunder:
if he was speaking his mother tongue he would be fluent, in addition have you heard a chinese expatriate speak b4 ?

The national language of this country is English, he has gained admission into a higher institution and he is expressing himself very poorly. So why is he complaining that the lecturer failed him if he cant even write properly

If he was supposed to write this in Yoruba, why didnt he? Do we use Yoruba for written communication in this country?

Didnt the Chinese guy go to school and pass his papers in his own country before he left?

Moreover spoken English and written communication are completely different

Stop defending nonsense abeg

4 Likes

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by agaliboy: 10:52am On Oct 08, 2019
BBC should come and do another secret investigation on this result oh. Its possible that one of the reasons for this mass failure might be that one or more ladies in that class wouldn't grant Mr. Lecturer 'access to jerusalem'.

1 Like

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by friendlyadvice: 10:52am On Oct 08, 2019
grin sharp sharp enlist the lecturer for sex for grades award
Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 08, 2019
Does lasu still exist?
Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by damosky12(m): 10:54am On Oct 08, 2019
Tolexander:
”see boda”
Boda wey dey abuse someone’s written English

grin The joke is on you and those liking your post...

That expression is damn correct!

3 Likes

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by ZikZikZik: 10:55am On Oct 08, 2019
Abeg make we hear word. You think say programming na beans not everyone’s is meant for it but yet everyone in the department still has to take the course undecided

1 Like

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by TechX1: 10:55am On Oct 08, 2019
It is well.
Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by comrChris(m): 10:58am On Oct 08, 2019
Some schools still have a long way to go.
Pasting result on the board in 2019 smh, unizik has long gone beyond this, everything happens on the NAU APP. SUG election self is no longer manual but e voting here..
Anyways, this thing happens almost in every university, its God's grace we are surviving these lecturers

2 Likes

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by UniportAgbero: 10:59am On Oct 08, 2019
weyreypey:

Sometimes correct English composition is not necessary.

You think?

1 Like

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by SenecaTheYonger: 11:00am On Oct 08, 2019
Tolexander:
please what is PAU?

Sounds like a gunshot!
grin grin
Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by bidex(m): 11:02am On Oct 08, 2019
Yemmy94:
How can the prority of a department in the university is to reduce student.

What is there gain?
Does this make them the best department?

Why will they allow lot of student to be admitted into the department and next thing they want to do is reduce them again.

This department is a big mess and something need to be done about this.

Even the 400 level student are already having an extra year while the ones that had an extra year before is having another one again�
This is painful and tragic�

Please better advice the 100level student to change department because most of them can't survive it.

Lot of them are starting with 2 point and there are low chances dey will survive.

CSC IS A BIG MESS

It is not the department's fault abeg. It is the students! they are not reading and they are not perfoming well.

1 Like

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by Jonathan39: 11:02am On Oct 08, 2019
Computer Science. The name sounds simple, but by the time you jam raw mathematics courses from year 1 to final year plus Programming courses, You will be begging to graduate with your mate. Computer Science Should be Renamed As Applied mathematics so that people will understand what they are going for. Many people Who doesn't do research before applying for a course mistake it for going to University to learn Microsoft Word and Power point.

10 Likes

Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by JudeAfoo(m): 11:03am On Oct 08, 2019
Stop this Acrimonious Acrimony of an acronym

weyreypey:

Pan African University.
Re: LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots) by Okoroawusa: 11:04am On Oct 08, 2019
Tolexander:
”see boda” Boda wey dey abuse someone’s written English
That grammar is correct

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fire burns 12 corpses in OAU’s morgue / Public Universities Should Send Social Science Students Back Home - Opinion / UNIBEN Lecturer Teaching With Bodyguard (Weird)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.